ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I didn't get to watch the game live, but guessed from the box score that the refs screwed us big time. Gonna also guess that it was about 3-5min into the 2nd half that they started to call us for fouls that Auburn was committing with impunity.

Rebounding was even, we hit 50% overall and 42% from 3, UNDER 10 turnovers, 6 blocks, Oscar only has one foul, at least 3 players over 15 points .... crazy that we lose the game .... until I heard about Mike Pratt's comments and see that they shot 3x more free throws than we did.

Am I wrong and we played D with our hands instead of our feet??

I don't want to wade into RR

I didn't get to watch the game live, but guessed from the box score that the refs screwed us big time. Gonna also guess that it was about 3-5min into the 2nd half that they started to call us for fouls that Auburn was committing with impunity.

Rebounding was even, we hit 50% overall and 42% from 3, UNDER 10 turnovers, 6 blocks, Oscar only has one foul, at least 3 players over 15 points .... crazy that we lose the game .... until I heard about Mike Pratt's comments and see that they shot 3x more free throws than we did.

Am I wrong and we played D with our hands instead of our feet??

I don't want to wade into RR
There were some make believe fouls for sure. We got called for 3 fouls on the 3 point shooter. 1 of them MIGHT have been a foul. Kessler was allowed to foul Oscar at will down low. Still though, with Washington in the game, who knows? We were beating them with him in there.

There were some make believe fouls for sure. We got called for 3 fouls on the 3 point shooter. 1 of them MIGHT have been a foul. Kessler was allowed to foul Oscar at will down low. Still though, with Washington in the game, who knows? We were beating them with him in there.

Hope it's not a high ankle sprain for Washington as that can be 6 weeks to recover at least. Wouldn't get him back til March, but at least we could get him back.

Hope for his sake it's something he can work out and not need surgery or major rehab

Hope it's not a high ankle sprain for Washington as that can be 6 weeks to recover at least. Wouldn't get him back til March, but at least we could get him back.

Hope for his sake it's something he can work out and not need surgery or major rehab
He was walking on it by himself when they went to the locker room. Bet it stiffened up on him after that. Freak accident too, came down on Oscar's foot.

Got to watch a couple highlights-

1. Pretty amazing the disparity in the calls of 2 plays by the announcers. Toppin's 360 dunk call putting UK up 8 is virtually lifeless. A ho-hum dunk by Auburn to put them up 5 has Nessler? and co celebrating like they got a pony.

2. Did Auburn realize they are ranked higher and favored and at home where they should win? They celebrated like it was their first kegger.

2nd most sacked QB in the league this year is Burrow and he got sacked 3 times in the first quarter this game against the Titans. Cincy leads 6-0 off of two field goals but, if they could just protect him, it would be more.
Yeah, watching now. Burrow getting beat up. Needs protection. Sorry O-line.

Go Bengals!

Who Dey!!!!

My son grew up in the Maryland suburbs. Half his friends were Ravens fans, the other half Redskins fans. But he stuck with the Bengals, all through grade school, all the ridicule from his buddies.

Finally he gets to see his team in a conference championship. Great stuff to see as a father.

A story about this video: (The song just popped up on FB.)

I remember my Dad being about half lit when I was in at the most my early teens, had to be about 14. We would watch TV shows with different singers. This was back in the heyday of Freddie Fender and his wasted days and wasted nights hit. (I liked several of his songs.) About every time I'd be sitting with my Dad watching TV my Dad would see him, Dad would usually make the comment; "Man, I'd sure like to bust him in the mouth."

I'd lose it about every time laughing (To myself) You had to know my Dad but he meant it. He just came off as drunk talking though....

Freddy is gone and so is Dad but I just saw this guy and remembered my Dad's many comments when Freddy would come on TV singing. Dad didn't like him at all.

Then I think of the John Wayne movie: Cahill, U.S. Marshall when Fraser (George Kennedy) told John.. "It was a friendly fight" and J.D. stated..."I never been in one of them..."

Now time for a Yuengling or two. ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT