ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My buddy brought me some aloe vera juice from Walmart one time when I had food poisoning and non-stop vomiting. Stopped it in its tracks. I recommend it to all my friends now. Two tablespoons in an 8oz glass of water or apple juice, drinking it slowly, and it helps me with acid reflux or nausea

I drink that regularly, the 100% stuff. Just a bit a couple times a week. Also am a regular consumer of this stuff a couple times a week mixed with water... (It is vinegar and pomegranate extract.)

104A-0086-1.jpg

My buddy brought me some aloe vera juice from Walmart one time when I had food poisoning and non-stop vomiting. Stopped it in its tracks. I recommend it to all my friends now. Two tablespoons in an 8oz glass of water or apple juice, drinking it slowly, and it helps me with acid reflux or nausea
We have several aloe vera plants growing in the yard. My grandmother had some massive aloe vera plants and she used them to treat sunburn skin. When her grandkids who lived up North would come for a visit they would burn quickly and she would cut off a hunk and rub the oil them. It is a very good treatment for your skin.

Just cut off a hunk of this thing and rub it on.

0_InShot_20210127_004903003-1.jpg

Good morning folks.

Lots of commentary about the game last night. I was called back into work matters after the Cats had pretty much put the game away, so can't comment directly on the cold snap that led to Vandy's late run.

But from looking at the boxscore and substitution patterns, couldn't it be simply that Cal wanted to get a closer look in conference play at guys like Collins and Hopkins and Ware? Because of the team's roster, to get bench players in the game you'd have to put an unbalanced team on the floor -- two or even three Power Forwards who are not going to create their own shot on the perimeter.

At the same time, you are letting some guys get the feel of the floor, keeping up morale for the grind ahead and giving yourself some fodder for the film sessions ahead of the Tennessee game: "Guys, we can't beat Tennessee if they are going on a 16-0 run, and a 10-0 run in the first half. Here's what we must do to prevent that...

If so, I'm fine with ONLY winning at that decrepit barn in Nashville by 12 instead of 28. I assume Cal learned some valuable lessons about where and when he could play some guys while waltzing out of town with a double-digit road win.

Hey thanks for the tip! I may have to keep some in storage just in case.

Good morning! Unbelievable the amount of people bitching about the game last night. We get up by 28 last week and Cal didn't play everybody. People bitch. We get up a couple of times last night and Cal plays some bench players, and people bitch.

It should be obvious to everyone what happened in the last 6 minutes. There was no one there to distribute the ball and a couple of guys he left in were just tired. We had the game won at that point and we had demonstrated that we are lightyears ahead of Vandy.

There are 2 distinct factions of UK fans and when Cal does anything that one side likes, the other side hates. What the hell is he supposed to do?

Neither winning nor losing develop character. Both reveal it.

Good morning! Unbelievable the amount of people bitching about the game last night. We get up by 28 last week and Cal didn't play everybody. People bitch. We get up a couple of times last night and Cal plays some bench players, and people bitch.

It should be obvious to everyone what happened in the last 6 minutes. There was no one there to distribute the ball and a couple of guys he left in were just tired. We had the game won at that point and we had demonstrated that we are lightyears ahead of Vandy.

There are 2 distinct factions of UK fans and when Cal does anything that one side likes, the other side hates. What the hell is he supposed to do?

Neither winning nor losing develop character. Both reveal it.

We have several aloe vera plants growing in the yard. My grandmother had some massive aloe vera plants and she used them to treat sunburn skin. When her grandkids who lived up North would come for a visit they would burn quickly and she would cut off a hunk and rub the oil them. It is a very good treatment for your skin.

Sherry keeps an aloe vera plant in the kitchen for burns. Wonderful plant.

I have some in a 25 Gal. pot . My neighbor gave it to me when he moved in the late 70's. Mine gets a stalk of pretty salmon blooms every year. It started blooming about 5 years ago.......I can't even count how many people I have given a start off of mine over the years......... I have about 40 in the garage that I pulled off and planted in some old orchid pots for sharing........plants are meant to be shared........also we have four different types of aloe plants........you can't kill the damn stuff.........every plant on the face of the planet is a noxious weed somewhere...........

OK......so I posted about my pigeon being shipped from Terre Haute, IN.......on Jan 2........it was sent to CA.....they tried to deliver it to another awf out there that evidently has the same address and zip code as I do, since they had my 9 digit zip on the shipping label......then the original shipper was contacted last Thursday and told about the (sic) mistake and that the bird would be at it's destination that night........I'm telling you......it has been a scene from a Norman Rockwell painting.........me sitting on the porch anxiously waiting my prized pigeon......the shipper texted me about 9:30 am this morning.......it seems the late bird had arrived in Louisville late last night......plus the replacement bird had arrived early this morning......I get on the phone to the post office........it rang for 10 minutes before it changed to a busy signal.....someone picked it up and laid it right back down.........I got in my truck and drove to the post office.......I pretended to be hard of hearing so everyone in there could hear about the sad (sic) service I got........the first thing the young lady told me was that the carrier had taken two bird boxes with her that morning.....I explained that I was waiting on three boxes of birds two were scheduled to arrive today and the one that was supposed to be here Jan. 3.......she goes back and in about 10 minutes here she comes with a basket on wheels with three bird boxes in it.......seems like the carrier decided that the box wasn't late enough ......I'll have a few words with her this afternoon......and it won't be my polite hello with a smile that I have given her every Christmas with a card with a $20 in it.........My bird was alive.......his name was Golden Boy.........I put white out on his name on the pedigree and changed it to Golden Miracle ........all's well that ends well........end of rant........

OK......so I posted about my pigeon being shipped from Terre Haute, IN.......on Jan 2........it was sent to CA.....they tried to deliver it to another awf out there that evidently has the same address and zip code as I do, since they had my 9 digit zip on the shipping label......then the original shipper was contacted last Thursday and told about the (sic) mistake and that the bird would be at it's destination that night........I'm telling you......it has been a scene from a Norman Rockwell painting.........me sitting on the porch anxiously waiting my prized pigeon......the shipper texted me about 9:30 am this morning.......it seems the late bird had arrived in Louisville late last night......plus the replacement bird had arrived early this morning......I get on the phone to the post office........it rang for 10 minutes before it changed to a busy signal.....someone picked it up and laid it right back down.........I got in my truck and drove to the post office.......I pretended to be hard of hearing so everyone in there could hear about the sad (sic) service I got........the first thing the young lady told me was that the carrier had taken two bird boxes with her that morning.....I explained that I was waiting on three boxes of birds two were scheduled to arrive today and the one that was supposed to be here Jan. 3.......she goes back and in about 10 minutes here she comes with a basket on wheels with three bird boxes in it.......seems like the carrier decided that the box wasn't late enough ......I'll have a few words with her this afternoon......and it won't be my polite hello with a smile that I have given her every Christmas with a card with a $20 in it.........My bird was alive.......his name was Golden Boy.........I put white out on his name on the pedigree and changed it to Golden Miracle ........all's well that ends well........end of rant........
I am glad you got him safe. I bet he is one hungry dude.

Take care of Golden Miracle.

How long did he go without food and water?

I am glad you got him safe. I bet he is one hungry dude.

Take care of Golden Miracle.

How long did he go without food and water?
He was put in the shipping box at 9PM on Jan 2nd.........they are bred to fly 500-600 miles in a day and never land for water......but this is almost 10 days without food and water...........two days ago someone posted a bird that took 8 days to get to it's destination thanks the the USPS......it gave me some hope but............all is good........I didn't get crazy enough at the post office to get locked up........although everyone in that building knew I was disgruntled and had good reason........

He was put in the shipping box at 9PM on Jan 2nd.........they are bred to fly 500-600 miles in a day and never land for water......but this is almost 10 days without food and water...........two days ago someone posted a bird that took 8 days to get to it's destination thanks the the USPS......it gave me some hope but............all is good........I didn't get crazy enough at the post office to get locked up........although everyone in that building knew I was disgruntled and had good reason........
I root for the bird.

It was not his fault that they screwed up.

Back in the house for the day. Friend came over and we cleaned and organized quite a bit in the workshop. My wife and I had cleaned out the backroom here in the house that had boxes of stuff no one had laid eyes on for a long time. Some of that I took to the workshop so I could go through it and see if anything was salvageable. Not much was.

Next project, that should start tomorrow, is to build a tv stand. After that project, which will take about 2 hours, will be to start on the tee markers for the golf course again.

Passing time until pregame on Saturday. Nothing sucks like a big orange!

Passing time until pregame on Saturday. Nothing sucks like a big orange!
I'm about to plug in my Blu Ray disc of the Jodie Meeks 54 point game in Knoxville. Then I'll dig up one or two more wins there -- including early 2012 when Jarnell Stokes played his first ever game, a game from the Tubby years when the Cats pulled it out in a miracle finish and Tubby practically knocked Brandon Stockton over with a chest bump and last year's game which was basically one of two highlights for the whole year -- and get a good vibe going of leaving the Vols crying on Rocky Top.

Now that we know the Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag operation designed to escalate our presence in Vietnam, does it take much of a leap to reconsider the JFK assassination? He was pulling out the 1000 troops we had there already and did not want to get us involved. GoT happened about 9 months after his death. We all know what happened after that.

This information, along with a video of his head exploding toward the rear of the car, is more than I need. The fact that the accused killer was allowed to be silenced before he could speak is icing on the cake. Jeffery Epstein did not kill himself.

Bad people do bad things. Worse people get into politics.

I'm about to plug in my Blu Ray disc of the Jodie Meeks 54 point game in Knoxville. Then I'll dig up one or two more wins there -- including early 2012 when Jarnell Stokes played his first ever game, a game from the Tubby years when the Cats pulled it out in a miracle finish and Tubby practically knocked Brandon Stockton over with a chest bump and last year's game which was basically one of two highlights for the whole year -- and get a good vibe going of leaving the Vols crying on Rocky Top.
THIS IS NOT THE UNIVERSITY OF JODIE MEEKS! Gimme a drink!

P_SS on Rocky Top, we both been there that I know of... ;) Of course they are welcome to cry on the P_SS, I may make another trip or two and P_SS again...

😁 😇o_O

No I haven't had "nuttin".............yet!

I wish I had a copy of the 1993 101-40 beatdown of UT. That was a shocker because the Cats lost to UT a few weeks earlier on an intentional missed free throw by Alan Houston in the last seconds. That was a tough loss but damn the revenge was sweet.

Now that we know the Gulf of Tonkin was a false flag operation designed to escalate our presence in Vietnam, does it take much of a leap to reconsider the JFK assassination? He was pulling out the 1000 troops we had there already and did not want to get us involved. GoT happened about 9 months after his death. We all know what happened after that.

This information, along with a video of his head exploding toward the rear of the car, is more than I need. The fact that the accused killer was allowed to be silenced before he could speak is icing on the cake. Jeffery Epstein did not kill himself.

Bad people do bad things. Worse people get into politics.
I am with you 100%. On Sunday after the killing of JFK on Friday I was sitting in the living room with my father watching TV. The authorities (police) were moving Oswald and two cops were on each side of him. He was walked right past a hoard of people and photographers when all of a sudden a man, Jack Ruby, jumped out of the crowd and shot Oswald dead.

My dad and I looked at each other and said, "that was a set up". They wanted him dead.

I guess about 100 years after the event, 2063, the sealed documents will be opened and we will know the truth. Maybe or maybe not.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 38°F and clear. Calm. Today's high could top out around 74°F.

Coach Cal mentioned on his show last night that he had his hip replaced. I had no idea. He also said he and Rick Barnes go way back to the mid-80s from his time serving as a Pitt assistant.

News just announced another blood shortage is happening. They're asking for donations.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-PEACH-MELBA-DAY-%E2%80%93-January-13.png

Morning folks. It is a cool 37.9°F here topping out at 48° with a small chance of rain.

I started working on taxes day before yesterday. I hate doing it. My CPA wants the basic stuff by Saturday - yuk. I have to use a CPA to protect myself for supporting Rand Paul 11 years ago. I am on the hit list.

The Tennessee games are always a mess; however, I was worried about Vandy Tuesday but we handled them well.

You all have a good day.

Howdy D-League. Just checking in to say hello before diving into a pile of work.

Just got some surprising news. We went to a Christmas party about a month ago in NYC which included a lot of my wife's Irish relatives -- some visiting from Ireland. My wife is not a heavy drinker except when around her family. Bottom line: Apparently she invited her Irish cousins to come down to DC and crash at our place, then forgot when she sobered up. Well, they arrive tomorrow. Begorrah!

I'll try to squeeze out a few charming minutes then come up with an excuse to disappear to a sports bar to watch the NFL games.

Thank God they were OK. I thought it might be much much worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT