ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

257529119_23848744527820136_9124805696510783509_n.jpg

44.2°F and cloudy here. We are supposed to top out at 46° then cold and snow tomorrow.

I sure hope Wheeler and Washington are okay. It looked like Wheeler got a brain concussion last night. I hope not but that is what it looked like to me. I have been there and done that.

UK would have won without the injuries to Wheeler and Washington and I sure don't blame Cal for the loss as he did his part. The 10 missed free throws is horrible.

I hope you all have a great day.

So you support his support of BLM? I don't.
How did you come up with that? Why would that have an effect on who wins that game?

You never saw Cal kneel, you only heard about it. It didn't happen on live tv. He was caught by surprise and knelt with his team because they asked him to. It didn't even happen here. It was in Florida.

I know exactly what blm is and NO, I do not support it in any way, shape, or form. I also do not support misplaced blame.

How did you come up with that? Why would that have an effect on who wins that game?

You never saw Cal kneel, you only heard about it. It didn't happen on live tv. He was caught by surprise and knelt with his team because they asked him to. It didn't even happen here. It was in Florida.

I know exactly what blm is and NO, I do not support it in any way, shape, or form. I also do not support misplaced blame.

Vagabond comes to mind. No, not you.

It wasn't by surprise:

"GAINESVILLE, Fl. (LEX 18) — Prior to Kentucky's 76-58 win over Florida Saturday, the Kentucky men's basketball team made the decision to kneel together as a message towards the ongoing issues that are taking place in the nation."

The kneeling was horrible but what is happening now has nothing to do with kneeling.

It wasn't by surprise:

"GAINESVILLE, Fl. (LEX 18) — Prior to Kentucky's 76-58 win over Florida Saturday, the Kentucky men's basketball team made the decision to kneel together as a message towards the ongoing issues that are taking place in the nation."

The kneeling was horrible but what is happening now has nothing to do with kneeling.
As I said, it was not on tv. The only people who saw it live were the people in the arena. When did they do it again? How many times have they knelt?

While we're talking about kneeling, let's throw flag burning in there too. I find both of them to be unsavory and abhorrent to my personal beliefs. On the other hand, I understand what the 1st Amendment says and why it was written.

My suggestion would be for the Cal haters to stop watching games, or at least stop commenting on them until we can get Tom Crean in here to save our program. Now when someone tells me it's their right to complain, I'll just say "exactly".

As I said, it was not on tv. The only people who saw it live were the people in the arena. When did they do it again? How many times have they knelt?

While we're talking about kneeling, let's throw flag burning in there too. I find both of them to be unsavory and abhorrent to my personal beliefs. On the other hand, I understand what the 1st Amendment says and why it was written.

My suggestion would be for the Cal haters to stop watching games, or at least stop commenting on them until we can get Tom Crean in here to save our program. Now when someone tells me it's their right to complain, I'll just say "exactly".

I guess...

RANT.........I bought a pigeon from a guy in West Union, Ill.........I bought another one from a guy in Mass. I spent more on these two birds than a lot of folks make a month in wages........I paid extra shipping charges for over night delivery......they were shipped on 1/3.......they were "supposed" to be her by 6PM on 1/4...........I have the bird from Mass.........she got here at 10:20 AM this morning.....the post office called me a 7:30 AM wanting to know if I wanted to pick the bird up.....the only thing I can find on the second birds is it left Indy at 106 AM on 1/4.......the SOB's charge for a service........they don't perform what they promise........I have been here before..........it will take several months to get reimbursed for the shipping charges.......they will deny my claim................... then I will have to file an appeal............and they will send me my money............the birds can handle the time w/o food and water.............this hen flew 2-300mile races and a 250 mile race in nine days.......she is tough..........but I paid for a service......End!

RANT.........I bought a pigeon from a guy in West Union, Ill.........I bought another one from a guy in Mass. I spent more on these two birds than a lot of folks make a month in wages........I paid extra shipping charges for over night delivery......they were shipped on 1/3.......they were "supposed" to be her by 6PM on 1/4...........I have the bird from Mass.........she got here at 10:20 AM this morning.....the post office called me a 7:30 AM wanting to know if I wanted to pick the bird up.....the only thing I can find on the second birds is it left Indy at 106 AM on 1/4.......the SOB's charge for a service........they don't perform what they promise........I have been here before..........it will take several months to get reimbursed for the shipping charges.......they will deny my claim................... then I will have to file an appeal............and they will send me my money............the birds can handle the time w/o food and water.............this hen flew 2-300mile races and a 250 mile race in nine days.......she is tough..........but I paid for a service......End!

Heck Brother awf, why didn't you just have the birds fly directly to you? 😁 Danged if I'd pay for something someone could do themselves..uh, itself? What gender are birds now? Theyselves? Yeah I will go with the Tom T. Hall version... Theyselves... and Watermelon Wine...

Last edited:
awf, maybe this spring I will get to meet some of your birds.

I really look forward to seeing them take off and beat your old butt back home! :)

awf, maybe this spring I will get to meet some of your birds.

I really look forward to seeing them take off and beat your old butt back home! :)
Bert........that would be a dream come true for them to beat me from there.......they would have to be flying 60-65 mph..........the wind would have to be just so......Oh.........I have a heavy foot.......I could have hitch hiked to Indy and back since 1:06 AM Tuesday........and of course the more costly of the two is the one out there somewhere......plus I had to get in line just to purchase this guy.............hope remains eternal...........Heck I am just excited to meet you.......a poor kid from an immigrant family getting to meet a mayor.........I will be the most famous person in my clan...... 😉

Bert........that would be a dream come true for them to beat me from there.......they would have to be flying 60-65 mph..........the wind would have to be just so......Oh.........I have a heavy foot.......I could have hitch hiked to Indy and back since 1:06 AM Tuesday........and of course the more costly of the two is the one out there somewhere......plus I had to get in line just to purchase this guy.............hope remains eternal...........Heck I am just excited to meet you.......a poor kid from an immigrant family getting to meet a mayor.........I will be the most famous person in my clan...... 😉

Just don't flip him one...

So you support his support of BLM? I don't.
I owe you an apology. I am sorry that I quoted this post earlier today and responded to it. I swear to you that I thought you had directed that post at me. When I looked at it just now it was obvious to me that you did not.

My sentiments remain the same, but they should not have been directed at you.

Listening to Coach Cal now on 630 WLAP via stream. Cal explains last night pretty well.

Coach Cal : "What's our record when my team holds other team to 70 points or less?"

Tom Leach: "197-9".

Coach Cal "We gotta score 70".

Sahvir day-to-day with neck injury.
Day-to-day scares me. We've been through this before because it soon becomes week-to-week. I really hope Sahvir is fine along with TyTy, not just for the team's sake but for their future and health.

Please explain

I was going to respond with a lot of words. (I still may.) I will leave these points to ponder.

Actions have consequences.

Strategic versus tactical is many times an entirely different universe. Cal had a strategic plan, I do believe that but from observation over a long period of time Cal's "strategy" has been used in a tactical environment and has caused a nightmarish situation. I can go much deeper and probably will but not this evening. I just sat down a minute to at least respond. I have to be at the VA early in the morning, about 7 to get blood drawn by 0730 so I can get the treatment I need by my 0800 appointment. Yeah, the downtown DC VA....Have to get up about 0500... then be back at work by 0930 if at all possible. Have a good evening.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 40°F and clear. Calm. Warming to 55°F for today's high.

Enjoyed listening to 630 WLAP last night. DeAndre Square stated he was unsure about returning when asked by Jeff Piecoro. He said an NIL deal would be a nice incentive. Football team loses many graduating seniors and transfers next season.

Moving right along.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

nationalbeanday.jpg

Good Morning D Leagers

We have a little chilly weather this morning but not so bad I can't sit out here and enjoy my coffee. It is 48° and clear skies. There is a little fog coming off of the lake but that is normal for this time of day. The sun will take care of that as we climb to 73°.

I see on the news it is very cold up North and they have a little snow. Yanks can handle that kind of weather so all I can say is bless their heart. I am too soft to live like that.

I bought a new computer that I will put together this morning. Nothing wrong with my old one but I have had it for a few years now and I do not want to be without one if it crashes unexpectedly. I do a lot of financial transactions over the computer and would hate to lose all of that information. So now I have a nice back up just in case.

I trust all have a pleasant day.

Well something always seems to go wrong or need fixin' when you are a home owner. I have to drill a new well. My irrigation and well I use for my pool collapsed so I had a man come out yesterday to go over everything. What happened was the pipe was made of cast iron and over the years it deteriorated and cracks developed allowing sand to seep through. It finally gave way

You would not believe what is going on down here in this area. It will be a minimum of two months before I can have a well drilled. And that is because the company owner and I hit if off together so he moved me up. I called four companies and this was the only one who would come out and take a look. The rest told me a minimum of 6 months. This particular company has so much work they can not fill all of their orders for months and to make it worse, can not get the workers they need. Some home builders are giving them contracts to drill between 25 and 50 in one housing development. There is so much housing development in the area it is impossible to have it done earlier. The development is East of I75 which is about 25 miles from where I live so it does not bother me that much. This is one time it is good to be surrounded by swamps

Another thing I found crazy was the cost increase since Biden came into office. A well that could be dug last year for $2,500 will cost a minimum of $6,500 today. If you think the cost of meat is going up, check out everything else. EVERYTHING IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE thanks to Brother Joe.

The real estate business is insane too but that is a whole other subject.

Good morning D-League. I hope al is well.

Jan. 6 is a notable day for me - the day I first became a father 39 years ago. Now that girl is a mother of two beautiful children and a college professor - at Kansas U. of all things. The marriage to her mother didn't work out (a former Florida Gator cheerleader I met at 19) but our daughter has been an immense source of pride to us both.

I hope it is a happy and peaceful day for all of you.

Can't win 'em all. Sigh.........

It would only get worse, since he plays fewer upper classmen earlier in the season the longer he's been here, but that's why he's stopped playing the blue blood programs early in the season (as much as he can stop it). Now that the conference seemes to have better teams, he can't avoid playing top 25.

Maybe he will adapt

Good Morning all, sitting in the DC VA waiting. All here seem ready for the "snow storm" coming this evening. It is supposed to be light. ( How can a "storm" be light but oh well. Words used to mean things.)

Anyway all is going smooth here. I find if you are on time at the VA all goes well. My actual treatment time is 0800. About 15 minutes from now. It bet all happens within a couple minutes of that time.

Have a great day!

Edit: had me in the chair at 0801. Are waiting on the blood test results but the guys machine was messing up this morning. All good.

Edit again: I was up and on my way at 0845. Arrived back for my meeting one minute late. Cool Beans!

Last edited:
Good morning, D-League!

Hope God keeps you safe and warm out there. So much to be thankful to Him for providing! Praying for the people in Va stuck on the roads or in their homes with no power.

My thoughts on Cal (not that they matter)-
He's got a great gig. Like a meteorologist. He brings in a highly ranked recruiting class and if they don't develop in one year, it's not his fault. If the 4 and 5 stars do put it all together in time to do well in the tourney, he's a "genius."

He tells everyone "it's about the players," except when they don't develop fast enough, and then they are relegated to the bench for a new set of super-freshmen (that again are only super if they get drafted). Now everyone has caught on to it and others are doing what he did except they're developing all of their players, not JUST giving all the minutes to the freshmen, and playing whichever player is the best at the time while giving enough minutes to the freshmen for them to become confident.

COA-CHING not CA-CHING
It's not just about the money

Starting with development and then building up recruiting has worked great for Mark Stoops. I hope he doesn't abandon it, too.

Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT