ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning! Quite a game last night. Had someone text me during the game to ask if I saw how empty the Yum Center was with UL playing WF. I texted back that I was watching UK and didn't give two shits about any other team at the moment. Hit send and realized that didn't sound too nice.

I engaged him for a bit, but I wasn't giving him much to respond to. He calls himself a fan, I call him a casual fan.

Woo hoo! High Point! Can't wait.

Friend on the way. Got some workshop stuff to do for both of us. It might get dusty.

Enjoy the day and get your menu set for Saturday.

DSC_0201.JPG
Must be the highest mountain in Kansas.

Good win! 83-56 over a miserable Missouri team. Oscar is putting his name up there with all-time greats. We have stupid records here at Kentucky with many of them being NCAA records as well. Any time a player sets a new record, I appreciate what he has accomplished.

Mitch the AD or Mitch the US Senator, need to do something to change Oscar's visa and allow him to profit off of himself. We're talking about a technicality here in a nation that breaks its own immigration laws every day.
Excellent point and one I agree with 100%. As far as I know Oscar is here legally and is doing everything the right way. Meanwhile we have illegals flooding our nation and some idiot "lawmakers" in D.C. want to give them $450,000 in "reparations".

Let Oscar be like any other member of the team and profit if he had the chance.

Good afternoon, D, read Acts 9.

So, I get a text from Mrs. M today saying, you're going to get a surprise form me today at lunch! My mind is doing the man thing idea, but I say ok. So, when she comes in it's just like any other day, then I see an envelope laying on the counter with coins in it. I open it up and pour it out, it has $15.95 wrote on the outside. In it is,

4- Peace silver dollars 3-1922 and 1- 1923
5- Morgan silver dollars 1889, 91, 98 and 2-1921's
6- Walking Liberty halves 1937, 39, 42, 43(2), 44
5-Ben Franklin halves 1950, 2-1951(great year), 52, and 1962
2-standing Liberty 1925-27
2-V-nickels 1906-11
1-Mercury dime 1944
1-Buffalo nickel 1936
I said it that all I get, her reply, you're not worth that and forget about whatever you are thinking!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!! Delivered another THIN BLUE LINE SHIELD today to one of my best friend's sons today, I had his DAD one earlier!!!!

Please keep us in your prayers, days are still tough!!!

Speaking of fishing. The picture below was my wife's first fishing trip ever. Being NY City born and raised she moved out here when she was about 18 or 19 and was lucky to meet me a few years later. This was her first fishing trip at a friend's place on the 4th of July around 2000 or 2001 can't remember exactly. Her first two catches of the day (the first for both of us) was her turning and running away from the pond with her rod and reel in hand with pole over her shoulder after hooking the bass. She did not know how to reel it in. She caught the most that day because we were using minnow and every time she caught one, I had to bait her hook again. Every time I tell that story to people we meet, she laughs like a little girl embarrassingly because she now realizes how funny that was to turn and run without reeling the fish in. Our friend and his wife fileted all of those fish for us. A good fishing day.

20211230-130955.jpg

20211230-131626.jpg

Well news in my side of the world my wife and I both have probably contracted covid. Both vaccinated not boosted though. Sister in law tested positive who we were around on Christmas. All in all its just a mild cold. Congestion, tired, headache and semi loss of taste. The strangest symptom is a slight burning in my nostril. Overall not the worst cold I've had by a long shot. Science am I right?

Well news in my side of the world my wife and I both have probably contracted covid. Both vaccinated not boosted though. Sister in law tested positive who we were around on Christmas. All in all its just a mild cold. Congestion, tired, headache and semi loss of taste. The strangest symptom is a slight burning in my nostril. Overall not the worst cold I've had by a long shot. Science am I right?
Good luck.

Speaking of fishing. The picture below was my wife's first fishing trip ever. Being NY City born and raised she moved out here when she was about 18 or 19 and was lucky to meet me a few years later. This was her first fishing trip at a friend's place on the 4th of July around 2000 or 2001 can't remember exactly. Her first two catches of the day (the first for both of us) was her turning and running away from the pond with her rod and reel in hand with pole over her shoulder after hooking the bass. She did not know how to reel it in. She caught the most that day because we were using minnow and every time she caught one, I had to bait her hook again. Every time I tell that story to people we meet, she laughs like a little girl embarrassingly because she now realizes how funny that was to turn and run without reeling the fish in. Our friend and his wife fileted all of those fish for us. A good fishing day.

20211230-130955.jpg

20211230-131626.jpg
I have a story of my wife’s first golfing adventure. But I can’t recall the details. But, was trying to teach her how to hit a short iron to the green, while standing behind. The scar is still in my left eyebrow. Best, and thankfully, last golf shot she ever hit. Her ball hit the green about the same time I hit the ground. At least you got a feast of fish from you’re ordeal, I got a headache.

20211230-130955.jpg

20211230-131626.jpg

20211230-130955.jpg

20211230-131626.jpg
Great pic! At least your lovely wife is smiling but you look pissed.

Get well soon.

Good morning! Sort of. We had 13 teams in bowls this year. We might win 6.

Doesn't Tubby get his name in the rafters NYE? Way past time for that. I was happy as a lark when we stole Tubby from Georgia. Then I saw how he coached our team. It wasn't like Pitino at all. I had assumed we would still play the same way with the pressing and fast breaks.

Bottom line, I endured Tubby until he snuck out under the cloak of darkness. I don't believe there has ever been a coach any more overrated than Tubby. Please don't tell me Tubby was a classy guy because that is viewed the same way as being set up with a blind date who "has a great personality".

Have a good'n!
Tubby ball was dull. No other way to put it.

Would have been a total snoozer if it wasn't for the ball line defense. Whatever that is.

PUSH IT!!!!

His teams did play some D for sure. I forget what announcer it was but during one UK game it was stated the only defense better than UK's was Tampa Bay's. I was thinking it was Pukey V but it may have been whoever was doing color with him that game.

Good morning D-League. Last chance to make a mark in 2021.

Took my son to DC last night for a steak dinner and the Wizards’ game against the Cavaliers. We had a great time - seats near the floor by one basket. Two terrible teams, but what the hell. Saw some good young players - Mobley from SoCal has a chance to be special, the Gafford kid who was at Arkansas a few years back belongs in the league.

When we got home I saw the news that the Cavs had traded for Rondo, so we just missed seeing him. The first game my son and I went to together when he was 10 was Celtics-Wizards: Wall versus Rondo. What a great game, that ended in a win by rookie John Wall with a long jump shot at the buzzer. Time goes fast.

Glad to see Tubby get his jersey in the rafters. I’ve followed the Cats since Rupp’s Runts and 1998 was my favorite team.

In the 1990s I had a White House pass. I went to all three Kentucky celebrations between 96-12. By 2012, the media was kept isolated from the team and coaches. In 1996 I had a chance to say hello to Pitino but he was arrogant and dismissive. But in 1998 I got to talk to Tubby, and he was genuine and engaging. We talked about his parents getting to come to the WH ceremony, and I told him how much my dad loved the 98 team. He asked my dad’s name and without me requesting it, wrote him a little note and signed it. Great guy.

Great pic! At least your lovely wife is smiling but you look pissed.
It's funny that you posted this. My wife, daughter, and friends say I look pissed all of the time. The first time I walked into my BCT unit as a Drill Sergeant (I was told later) one of the black Drill Sergeants told the others, "Stay away from that white boy, he looks like he is crazy and mad". Made me laugh when he told me because they found out I was a clown but liked keeping a mean look on my face to keep people at bay. At least that is what my wife thinks it is. Below is a picture of that unit and the DI who said it is sitting just above the sign above the word ARMY. He is retired here as well and is the person in many of my fishing pictures taking the picture of me and the bass. We used to go fishing together a lot but, his wife has cancer so during the onset of Covid, he decided to stay in to avoid any other illnesses. We keep in touch though and he recently told me she is now hospitalized and in a bad way. (prayers)

I am at the very top clowning as usual next to our supply sergeant who was from Haiti, he too is retired ARMY here and after working for the same military contractor for years in an office next to my wife's he recently retired from that as well.

20210810-104518.jpg

Last edited:
Prayers to a fast recovery and a Healthy prosperous New Year.

Whomped that arse... she did. At least she didn't skunk him...

Oh Lord it's hard to be "ignant" but not when your hundreds of miles away.. On the internet non-the-less, or I'd never have stated it that way... (Sorry Mac.) 😇 ✌️😁
Why? Were you posting to me? Heh, heh. That's what I am called by just about everyone. When you have a last name that starts with Mc. everyone calls you that.

Last edited:
Good morning D

First the weather report. We have 69° and a little fog on the lake. It will burn off when the sun hits it. Our high should reach 77° with mostly sunny skies and a small chance of rain. We have a 10 mph wind off of the Gulf. We are anticipating the same type of weather for the Outback Bowl and Citrus Bowl in Orlando.

Last night they showed a special on local TV of the Outback teams over on Clearwater Beach. They were having a lot of fun and enjoying the moment. UK's team was also having a good time in Orlando so the Bowl Spirit is amongst us.

I really want to watch UK kick Iowa's corn fed butt. Make it happen Cats.

Read Acts 10. Trust all have a nice day.

Let's Go Brandon

270222026_342843637668949_305245151810514661_n.jpg

Nasty weather expected to ring in the New Year tonight. 2-4 inches of rain on already saturated ground has warranted a flood watch. Rain turns to snow Sunday. Probably not much accumulation but if I were a superstitious man then I would call this a bad omen for 2022.

If you just want to laugh....watch...

Tim Conway...

One of my favorite skits they did. Apparently, Vicky knew he was going to go off script (he did that a lot) and told her husband before the show so he told her to get him back. Well, she did.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT