ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. I hope all of you are wrapping up the year in fine spirits. Just back from a hike through the woods by a small pond. I saw a beaver strolling around, then making his way into the waters. They aren't common in that pond. It's connected by a small creek to a large lake about two miles away where the beavers are constantly constructing dams and levees. I suppose every now and then one comes on a scouting mission to our little pond.

Cats have a chance to continue to show progress tonight. Wouldn't be surprised by a post-Christmas break hangover in the first half, but expect an easy win.

Morning D-League folks.

Happy Birthday, a day late, to Ms. Swanee.

Florida and Mississippi State embarrassed the SEC last night.

It is a cloudy/sunny 50.9°F in Smiths Grove. We are supposed to get to 66° and have some rain. We ended up with .68" the last two days. I hope we have no storms but when it is this warm this time of the year it usually means a storm.

Morning D-League folks.

Florida and Mississippi State embarrassed the SEC last night.
When do we start to wonder if the SEC is as strong as we all thought? Where does the conference stand? 0-4 with all the losses as favorites?

I guess nothing matters if Alabama and Georgia come through later this week. And, of course, Kentucky.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F and foggy. Clearing later for a high around 80°F. Cold front moving in late Saturday.

Missouri Tigers visit Rupp at 7 pm EST tonight. First SEC match of the season. Go Cats! High Point visits New Year's Eve.

I'll keep it short this morning. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Pepper-Pot-Day-TN.jpg
I remember my grandmother used to make that for the hogs when I was a child. All the leftover parts were used to make food for us. She didn't waste any food.

As an aside, I’m convinced both my kids were conceived while the wife and I were in Nashville , one February 1990. The other, February 1995. Both birthdays are November 2nd, 5 years apart. We were in Nashville both years in February, don’t ask. It’s probable though. It was like rabbits in those days. More like turtles nowadays. Sorry.

I grew up with a neighbor that had at least ten kids, probably more. He said that it wasn't his fault that there wasn't a new baby in his house every day.

Last edited:
Good morning! Sort of. We had 13 teams in bowls this year. We might win 6.

Doesn't Tubby get his name in the rafters NYE? Way past time for that. I was happy as a lark when we stole Tubby from Georgia. Then I saw how he coached our team. It wasn't like Pitino at all. I had assumed we would still play the same way with the pressing and fast breaks.

Bottom line, I endured Tubby until he snuck out under the cloak of darkness. I don't believe there has ever been a coach any more overrated than Tubby. Please don't tell me Tubby was a classy guy because that is viewed the same way as being set up with a blind date who "has a great personality".

Have a good'n!

Been sitting here listening to the Jones pregame show. Can't wait for the game to start off the next few days of UK dominance. It will be a fitting end to the holiday season. Hearing the spread is up to 21.5 over Mizzou. They must suck more than normal. Or it could just be that a lot of UK fans got cash for Christmas and are looking to parlay their take.

Me 2.
Have to ask, has she felt slighted over the years? My wife has a brother who’s birthday is December 26th, and she has mentioned several times that he felt that way, when they were growing up. Just curious. We can’t change our birthday of course. Hell, my two kids have the same birthday, five years apart. And I know they both feel slighted in some way.
Mom's birth day was Dec 22nd and she felt her birthday was slighted. That and being in the orphanage left her with her emotional wounds a child that I was protected from not needing to know then once I did was perfectly content not repeating family errors. I was really very creative all by myself of finding a thousand roads to hell. By the grace of the Lord not having to live those roads of others.
I assume that question was directed toward me.

If so it is Renfro's farm and the Renfro's daughter is married to the Vincent that had the whiskey barrel tree.
I shouldn't have to ask. I envision our Vincent family tree looks like this Circus Tree.
d4d932c3a5e037aaf3e6bd8785fe9efa--garlic-festival-the-garlic.jpg

Some say the Vincents and Salings were beings from France.
Linky [Read More]

Last edited:
Good win! 83-56 over a miserable Missouri team. Oscar is putting his name up there with all-time greats. We have stupid records here at Kentucky with many of them being NCAA records as well. Any time a player sets a new record, I appreciate what he has accomplished.

Mitch the AD or Mitch the US Senator, need to do something to change Oscar's visa and allow him to profit off of himself. We're talking about a technicality here in a nation that breaks its own immigration laws every day.

Good win! 83-56 over a miserable Missouri team. Oscar is putting his name up there with all-time greats. We have stupid records here at Kentucky with many of them being NCAA records as well. Any time a player sets a new record, I appreciate what he has accomplished.

Mitch the AD or Mitch the US Senator, need to do something to change Oscar's visa and allow him to profit off of himself. We're talking about a technicality here in a nation that breaks its own immigration laws every day.

Hear, hear...

Man, I know I can be a handful with my weird takes and comments, but I will make this statement. (I have stated it previously and I meant it then too but as I looked further into rafters this evening I just confirm again what I previously thought.)...

If not for the D-League and of course the posters who make up this thread, I'd have no issue leaving this site.. (There are a few who do not post here too that I can keep up a conversation with but not many. I do try to engage them once and a while within rafters and also try supporting some here who post in rafters too.

God Bless you all and your families in this soon to be finished "another" year AND throughout this coming year!

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 55°F and clear. Our high may max out around 80°F. Record breaking high temperatures continue.

Cats played great last night. Oscar maintained beast mode while Sahvir distributed the ball well. Huge departure from one year ago. High Point visits town tomorrow for a noon game.

2021 nearly over. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Bicarbonate-of-Soda-Day.png

Good morning D-League. This is my last work day of 2021, and I need to get everything done I had planned for the year, which should work out as long as the day lasts 1,300 hours or so. Ah well. I'll get 'em in 2022.

Cats looked good last night. I like the emerging balance between offense and defense and between experience and youth with a bit more ceiling for the freshmen than the older transfers. There's still a chance for a big bounce for guys like Tyty and Hopkins and even Collins could find his way into an important role - think Marcus Lee in the 2014 Elite Eight game against Michigan.

Taking my son to the Washington Wizards game tonight. Usually we aim for a game when some recent Kentucky players are in town, but his visit home is short and the Cleveland Cavaliers was all I could come up with. I'm not that into the NBA since the Bird-Magic era, but my son enjoys it. We've got good tix close to the court and there's a nice steak house near the arena we can stop in to before the game, so it'll be a fun evening.

I hope its a good day for all of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT