ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

UTube has it up in HD. Search for Kentucky vs North Carolina.
Thanks Bert. I may do that, but I've got in a ritual of watching it on DVD, then maybe throwing in another game real quick that it reminds me of, and so on.

I have a fair number of DVDs, including all the wins over UNC dating back to Tubby's 4-0 run over them between 12/2000 and 1/04.

I'll watch key moments of the blowouts in the Dean Dome in 2000 and 2004 - two straight by 17 points - then the five Tayshaun threes in a row, the shot Fitch hit to pull out a win in Roy's first visit to Rupp as a UNC-CHeater, Wall's "Rack Attacks," the Liggins shot to put the Cats in the Final Four, AD's electrifying block in Rupp, the 2015 team blowing out Carolina, Malik Monk's amazing game to beat them at the buzzer...AS you can see, I'm a fanatical fan of beating those Turds, and I like to ruminate on the history, swapping out DVDs as I go...

Last edited:
My Booger Butt when he was just a kid. He's now 2 and a half or so.... yeah nearly grown...

162649064_4319786014701612_2974823111119602448_n.jpg

Yeah, he comes by his love for UK honest... he was born into it.

Good afternoon, D-League!

Happy "UK just beat UNC, so UL backs out of the rivalry game" Day!

It's been a rough few weeks for the red, college version of the dirty birds. They got panini pressed by the UK football team, saw their president and AD flee the campus, listened in horror as their interim president pledged her fealty to UK, and barely found enough positive tests to bail out on the game for this Wednesday. At least they finally accomplished a goal for their men's sports program.

Congrats to UL for living up to expectations! Very tough for a little brother to do

Hope y'all have a good day. I will be bumping the "...Christ is not dead" thread for the rest of the week, so enjoy my absence until I return once again.

Last edited:
Good afternoon, D-League!

Happy "UK just beat UNC, so UL backs out of the rivalry game" Day!

It's been a rough few weeks for the red, college version of the dirty birds. They got panini pressed by the UK football team, saw their president and AD flee the campus, listened in horror as their interim president pledged her fealty to UK, and barely found enough positive tests to bail out on the game for this Wednesday. At least they finally accomplished a goal for their men's sports program.

Congrats to UL for living up to expectations! Very tough for a little brother to do

Hope y'all have a good day. I will be bumping the "...Christ is not dead" thread for the rest of the week, so enjoy my absence until I return once again.
And then the UL President tells the UL graduating class "She loves the University of Kentucky" You can't make this up. She may be the only person at UL that has any sense

Hello all...my day is made already. A great day is coming as a great day happened already. Thank you Sir! Thank you!
BBUK, I have great news too. My wife came into my office and said, how about I chicken fry you up some chicken gizzards. With biscuits and milk gravy.

Now Miss Sawnee Cat hates chicken gizzards so that is a miracle before Chrismas at my house. After I get my belly full of gizzards you know she is going to find that special gift she must have for her birthday which comes on December 27, I am ready for it.

Omicron! Oh my goodness! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!

We are ALL going to get this virus sooner or later. That's what a virus does. If a virus is too aggressive it will kill its host and spread no further. Look at the Spanish Flu for example. There were 4 major waves of that particular strain over a couple of years until it finally found a life as a typical flu virus and no longer killed its host with the previous frequency.

This too shall pass

BBUK, I have great news too. My wife came into my office and said, how about I chicken fry you up some chicken gizzards. With biscuits and milk gravy.

Now Miss Sawnee Cat hates chicken gizzards so that is a miracle before Chrismas at my house. After I get my belly full of gizzards you know she is going to find that special gift she must have for her birthday which comes on December 27, I am ready for it.

"Now don't you take up for him Mrs. Warren. Cutbert H. Humphries is a natural born cull. You will certainly go down in my estimation...." -G. W. McClintock...

I just KNEW that had to be about Chicken Gizzards and not a governor... 😁

Omicron! Oh my goodness! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!

We are ALL going to get this virus sooner or later. That's what a virus does. If a virus is too aggressive it will kill its host and spread no further. Look at the Spanish Flu for example. There were 4 major waves of that particular strain over a couple of years until it finally found a life as a typical flu virus and no longer killed its host with the previous frequency.

This too shall pass

Second load of laundry in the dryer and then it's off to the post office to mail a box of something to someone. I have also been tasked with finding out the name of our carrier and whether or not it's the same person every day. I got this.

Opened a new bag of coffee beans this morning, Sumatran Mandheling. Medium dark roast and very tasty. Haven't tried it yet in the french press but we have a metal filter in the dripper so it should be about the same. Just finished up a quart. Private Selection at Kroger.

Please send some of those gizzards up north!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend BBUK loves some of um'.

Turkish Lira has fallen over 50% since Feb. 2021. It could happen here.

In 1978 Venezuela was in the top 20 richest countries. 2001 it was one of the poorest. Where did that wealth go? It could happen here.

Neither of those will happen. But they could. Kinda scary.

If you haven't heard by now we are playing WKU on Wednesday. Cal started off by saying as soon as he heard one of the UL players had corono he thought they would not play the game. Then he said something about it being hard to find a team to play after what we did to UNC. Ha Ha!

Say and feel what you want, but Cal is the best at sticking it to UL fans and Mack.

If you haven't heard by now we are playing WKU on Wednesday. Cal started off by saying as soon as he heard one of the UL players had corono he thought they would not play the game. Then he said something about it being hard to find a team to play after what we did to UNC. Ha Ha!

Say and feel what you want, but Cal is the best at sticking it to UL fans and Mack.

I just hope he builds on that game and quits whatever else he was contemplating. Bring Sharpe in and give'em ALL fits, the schmidts, the runs, the china flu, yadda, yadda, yadda......

Turkish Lira has fallen over 50% since Feb. 2021. It could happen here.

In 1978 Venezuela was in the top 20 richest countries. 2001 it was one of the poorest. Where did that wealth go? It could happen here.

Neither of those will happen. But they could. Kinda scary.
I was stationed in Turkey in the late sixties. A lira was their equivalent of a dollar. Then A lira was worth 8 cents. A Turkish man was working the bar one night at the NCO club. A fellow I knew left him a tip of a few pennies. The bar tender said, you keep it. You need it worse than I do. I laughed my butt off.

I was stationed in Turkey in the late sixties. A lira was their equivalent of a dollar. Then A lira was worth 8 cents. A Turkish man was working the bar one night at the NCO club. A fellow I knew left him a tip of a few pennies. The bar tender said, you keep it. You need it worse than I do. I laughed my butt off.
The Lira was worth 1.47 USD last Feb. Worth about .50 USD today.

The Lira was worth 1.47 USD last Feb. Worth about .50 USD today.
Lira has exponentially lost value against US Dollar as far back as I can remember. Example:
  • 1985 – US$1 = T₤500
  • 1990 – US$1 = T₤2,500
  • 1995 – US$1 = T₤43,000
  • 2000 – US$1 = T₤620,000

I visited back during the 90s. Seems exchange rate increased weekly. Crazy.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 39°F and clear. Chilly. Highs predicted at 67°F. Warmer weather coming from the south. 84° is expected for our high on Christmas day.

Pup getting back to normal. I let her out. She takes care of business, then sits in front of the window so I'll know it's time to come back in. Heh.

First day of winter.

Guess Cats play WKU instead of evil Cards? Hilltoppers have a giant at center. Could be a good game. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-FRENCH-FRIED-SHRIMP-DAY-%E2%80%93-December-21.png

Good First Day of Winter morning

We are getting a little weather off of the Gulf this morning. A good soaking rain with a temperature of 56° and a high of 65° this afternoon. Our much needed rain should last until tomorrow (fingers crossed) and temperatures will be in the 50's and low 60's.

We are planning meals for Christmas Eve and the days following until New Year's Day. Family will be flying in and we let them pick their favorite foods. I know one thing they will be requesting, fresh oysters in the shell. Sounds like an oyster roast is in my future.

I trust all have a great day and you are enjoying good health

iu

Last edited:
Good morning! Not much on tap for today so far. Ya never know though.

Have to pick up a few things at the grocery today and bake a cake later this afternoon.

Might as well start listening to the Jones show at 0900. It's the pre show show.

Will be interesting to see Wheeler go to the hoop with a 7.5 foot shot swatter waiting on him. He's gonna have to take it WAYYY outside to throw it in.

All that glitters is not gold.

I just finished Christmas Dinner. Did it with simple clicks on my computer. We had such great luck on Thanksgiving we decided to do it again.

I ordered a nice Boars' Head ham from Publix. Serves 10 with four sides. Sweet potatoes, brocholi au gratten, green beat cassorole, marshmellow delight and a choice of pie. All for less than $6.00 per person. Fully cooked and ready for the table.

We will add a few things we like such as a salad tray, black olives, etc. My wife insisted on making the mashed potatoes and gravy. Nobody does it like her. So why not?

So I am ready for Christmas. Gifts purchased, Christmas dinner ready and all that is left is the traditional Christmas Eve which will be fresh seafood that is still in the Gulf. They will catch it Thursday and i will go to the seafood market Christmas Eve to pick it up, take it to the house and turn on the grill. Life is good.

Cordmaker sent me a picture of a working draft of his Gold Star.

Dumb Bert forgot all about it until now.

Sorry Cord.

So you guys let Cord know what you think and how it can be improved.

269656987_4624006707714877_2419402182934235718_n.jpg
Thanks Bert, I just finished it, now I have to put a coat of wax on it and I am done. I told my sister yesterday , I work on glass all the time, but this one piece has been different, I get emotional every time I touch this GOLD STAR, don't know what I will do when I actually hand it to her! They say art should stir your emotions, this one has used a mixer on me!!! The reason I have pieces in between each point is because, the points are not very stable without something to attach them to. I may try another pattern soon.

Good First Day of Winter morning

We are getting a little weather off of the Gulf this morning. A good soaking rain with a temperature of 56° and a high of 65° this afternoon. Our much needed rain should last until tomorrow (fingers crossed) and temperatures will be in the 50's and low 60's.

We are planning meals for Christmas Eve and the days following until New Year's Day. Family will be flying in and we let them pick their favorite foods. I know one thing they will be requesting, fresh oysters in the shell. Sounds like an oyster roast is in my future.

I trust all have a great day and you are enjoying good health

iu

MY kind of gizzards...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT