ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

14 years ago yesterday (12/18/2007), Kentucky played Houston Cougars at Hofheinz Pavilion. I attended the game. Picture below taken shortly before second half got underway. Bill Keightley is walking in front of the team huddle and Billy Gillispie is standing far right .

269732180_10225400875389417_7158218671897483837_n.jpg

Just started the Grinch. Had a couple of younger people make fun of me last night because I didn't like the Grinch movie with Jim Carrey. I complained about the depiction of the Who people in a liberal light and especially had a problem with them putting their car keys in a freakin fishbowl for a wife swap party. Don't do that to Dr. Suess! Heresy!

Just started the Grinch. Had a couple of younger people make fun of me last night because I didn't like the Grinch movie with Jim Carrey. I complained about the depiction of the Who people in a liberal light and especially had a problem with them putting their car keys in a freakin fishbowl for a wife swap party. Don't do that to Dr. Suess! Heresy!
Hated that movie.

I'm not a big eggnog fan but this stuff is decadent. If you have a Fresh Market near then pick up a bottle. You won't be sorry. Made in Virginia. Too many nogs have a medicinal taste IMO. Not this one.

Cream type of night here (not the group). Wife making clam chah-dah.

AWYGFJ7DPJDDJO6CEFAYYCDK2A.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a big eggnog fan but this stuff is decadent. If you have a Fresh Market near then pick up a bottle. You won't be sorry. Made in Virginia. Too many nogs have a medicinal taste IMO. Not this one.

Add a shot of Rumchata to it............you'll never drink it straight again....

We'll be watching Christmas Vacation tonight. In honor of Cousin Eddie I'll be wearing hideous attire. Plaid flannel pajama bottoms with a tie-dye shirt. Ready for the cover of GQ baby! BTW, the original Hallmark Cousin Eddie RV Christmas ornament from 2009 is worth a lot of cash. Up to $400 on Ebay.

Man, this world has gone mad!!!! Went to three different grocery stores and the commissary....not one was even selling buttermilk.... Just blasphemy!!!! Gonna have to dasturbize the process and make some... Geez Louise....just ridiculous and I am certain un-American and certainly unconstitutional.. .

We'll be watching Christmas Vacation tonight. In honor of Cousin Eddie I'll be wearing hideous attire. Plaid flannel pajama bottoms with a tie-dye shirt. Ready for the cover of GQ baby! BTW, the original Hallmark Cousin Eddie RV Christmas ornament from 2009 is worth a lot of cash. Up to $400 on Ebay.
“I don’t know if I should be sailing down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of guv’mint plastic.”

On my to-do list now! I did float some Maker's on top tonight. What's eggnog without a little bourbon.
I usually put some in mine. This stuff is 30 proof. Also, not real egg nog.
“I don’t know if I should be sailing down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of guv’mint plastic.”
Do you really think it matters, Eddie?

I like 100 proof spiced rum. Just a drink for the ages.. matches up so well.
Went liquor shopping yesterday. Captain Morgan black label was the first ( of a cart full) thing I went for. I could give half the state a couple buzzes. Maybe. If they hurry. Debit Card melted. It’s Berts fault. Those double shots he swore to that I agreed to match after the storms. Hope you’re happy Bert.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 44°F and mostly cloudy. Looking at 60°F for our high.

Plan on making cornbread dressing this coming Thursday night. Stay tuned.

Heard Cats might not play Cards on 12/22 because of COVID. Hope we play them or at least reschedule.

Monday, Monday...

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

48392225_10157496365367573_4092155117761986560_n.jpg

I have a couple of Marty Moose glasses.

Man, this world has gone mad!!!! Went to three different grocery stores and the commissary....not one was even selling buttermilk.... Just blasphemy!!!! Gonna have to dasturbize the process and make some... Geez Louise....just ridiculous and I am certain un-American and certainly unconstitutional.. .
I wish my grandma was still around, she would make us some. That is one thing my grandparents never ran out of. That and cornbread

Good Monday morning D League

Well the last week before Christmas has arrived. We have 66° and mostly cloudy skies, our high will be 72°. That is our year round average.

I am getting excited for the New Years Day Bowl game. I have my tickets assigned and need to transfer them to my phone which is your ticket in today's modern world. No paper tickets so if you don't have a smart phone you will have to stay home and watch it on your 75 inch TV.

This is the one time of the year that priority ranking really matters. I have tickets on the 50 yard line in the Plaza Section. All UK fans on the East Side, Iowa on the West. Let's kick it off boys.

Everyone has a nice day and enjoy a hearty breakfast. There is work to be done somewhere.

Went liquor shopping yesterday. Captain Morgan black label was the first ( of a cart full) thing I went for. I could give half the state a couple buzzes. Maybe. If they hurry. Debit Card melted. It’s Berts fault. Those double shots he swore to that I agreed to match after the storms. Hope you’re happy Bert.
I am happy Backer cutter.

Based on a cart full, you can now get really relaxed!

Good morning! The Sun is shining bright here this morning but I won't get out in it til later.

At the party the other night watching the UL WKU game and they showed Mack taking a drink of water. He looked sad. Half the people there were UL fans so I couldn't celebrate their loss in a proper manner and it was killing me inside. Is that wrong?

As he's taking the drink with a blank stare, I blurted out to the crowd that UL would cancel the game with us because of the corono. Everyone disagreed on the outside but on the inside, they knew.

Got stuff to do today. See ya later!

Morning folks. Baby it's cold outside. Sunny and frosty. We are now all the way up to 28.6°F on the back porch. We are supposed to get to 48°. I love cold crisp sunny days.

I watched the Cats beatdown of the Tarheels again last night. Wonderful game.
Ha! I had no idea it was that cold. It's 25° here. Maybe I'll go out later than I thought.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 44°F and mostly cloudy. Looking at 60°F for our high.

Plan on making cornbread dressing this coming Thursday night. Stay tuned.

Heard Cats might not play Cards on 12/22 because of COVID. Hope we play them or at least reschedule.

Monday, Monday...

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

48392225_10157496365367573_4092155117761986560_n.jpg

"Waiter, bring me another pitcher of that ShangriLa, hold the garbage..." -F. Sanford

😅😅😅

Last edited:
And there you go. Louisville has already backed out of the game. I knew that cheezy bastard wouldn't play us this year. That dude won't be there after they bring in a new AD. If they hadn't had their skinny ass handed to them by WKU we would still be playing them.

Good morning folks. Bummed that Louisville backed out. What a great chance to build on the momentum of beating down the Cheaters. U6 seems totally hapless this year so you have to wonder how enthusiastic they were for the game.

I guess I'll have to wait until I can watch the UNC game I missed on my large screen. I reached out to Ritchie Curtis, who I know is a friend of Bert H. and maybe others, for a Blu Ray disc and he says he can get to that -- probably after Christmas. I actually enjoy the games against big rivals as much after I know the outcome, can enjoy watching without tension and focus on the intricacies that get lost on the first look at a major college basketball game. A lot is going on.

,..yep now I musk explain. I changed my username,.........meaning. At one time for a long time it was BBUK Big Blue UK.

Now, in honor of my Grandson's nickname... My username will still be BBUK but now it is Booger Butt for UK.

Papa's baby....

Good morning folks. Bummed that Louisville backed out. What a great chance to build on the momentum of beating down the Cheaters. U6 seems totally hapless this year so you have to wonder how enthusiastic they were for the game.

I guess I'll have to wait until I can watch the UNC game I missed on my large screen. I reached out to Ritchie Curtis, who I know is a friend of Bert H. and maybe others, for a Blu Ray disc and he says he can get to that -- probably after Christmas. I actually enjoy the games against big rivals as much after I know the outcome, can enjoy watching without tension and focus on the intricacies that get lost on the first look at a major college basketball game. A lot is going on.
UTube has it up in HD. Search for Kentucky vs North Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT