ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

We are getting flooded with people running out of Chicago and their story is interesting. A lot of the people coming down here are in the restaurant business or service related and hotels, etc.

So far the ones I have had the occasion to talked to seem to be decent, hard working people who just want to live a peaceful life and raise their family in their values, not mandated by the government. I haven't talked to a Democrat yet with the exception of a man from New Jersey and I couldn't understand him because he had on two masks and we were outside. I did request he not continue voting for liberals because the Democrats in our state are like Pelosi and AOC. They are far left, fortunately they only have political power in a few big cities and SE Florida. We try to contain them there.

I made the same request of a California transplant and possible client that moved to KY 2 years ago. He was all friendly and appreciative of the lower taxes and costs for everything since he relocated, spoke very negatively about the Cali economy, and was glad to be here.

I went straight at it, and said to remember that when you vote, so you don't bring the same Democrat policies with you that destroyed California and made you want to leave. He got the deer in the headlights look and didn't say much to me after that. I hope beyond hope that he understood and changed his ways, but it seemed clear to me that he was a dog going back to its vomit when it came to ideology.

I have invented several things in my life only to find out that someone else had already came up with the idea. I came up with an idea for a vacuum assisted hair cutting device in 1981 and never followed through with it. 1992 watching late night tv in Alabama and I see a commercial for the Flo-Bee hair cutting system. Bummer, I said out loud.

Yesterday I came up with an idea that I think will, or could, pay off handsomely. I searched high and low on the internet and couldn't find any mention of it anywhere. Gonna have my wife put me in contact with a patent attorney from her old firm. See what happens.

I have invented several things in my life only to find out that someone else had already came up with the idea. I came up with an idea for a vacuum assisted hair cutting device in 1981 and never followed through with it. 1992 watching late night tv in Alabama and I see a commercial for the Flo-Bee hair cutting system. Bummer, I said out loud.

Yesterday I came up with an idea that I think will, or could, pay off handsomely. I searched high and low on the internet and couldn't find any mention of it anywhere. Gonna have my wife put me in contact with a patent attorney from her old firm. See what happens.
I am going to be proud of knowing a rich man!

YouTube TV couldn't reach a deal with Disney so for now no ESPN or SEC Network. That's not good. College Bowl season begins today and the UL game Wednesday is on ESPN. If this doesn't get resolved soon then I'll be forced to switch streaming services. Probably Hulu Live.

Go for it!!

Best Christmas movie of all-time? That's highly subjective. For me though it has to be A Christmas Story. Nostalgic plus it perfectly captures a child's emotions during the season.
Miracle on 34th Street for me. Edmond Gwynn, John Payne, Maureen Ohara, Natalie Wood. But there are many I watch like Christmas Vacation, Scrooged, The Santa Clause, etc...

Last edited:
@cordmaker you requested that we put up your Uncle Ken's ornaments when we got up our Christmas trees. Mine got delayed as I had no internet service, but here are some pictures. I include a close up of the green ornament you made in 2020.

267674793_4605269839588564_1043263102845056920_n.jpg

267613716_4605285212920360_6043865930564150932_n.jpg

268610400_4605285246253690_3414178069195033115_n.jpg
Thanks Bert!!! I have probably made over a 100 this year since October!

I have a patent!!!!

I have never lived in a place where you would need to ride a train but I would like to do the cross Canadian trip. My mama said I rode my first train when I was 6 months old. She took me from Clearwater to Jacksonville on the Orange Blossom Special with the Seaboard Line. I don't remember much about it.

My next train ride was 50 years later when I took a train from Atlantic City, NJ to Grand Central in New York City. I was working up there on Storm Duty after a major storm hit the Jersey Shore and tore up a few resort hotels. UK was playing in Madison Square Garden. I remember the conductor came through punchng tickets and he had such a strong Yankee accent I could not understand what he was saying. I was on pins and needles.

I wish more freight was shipped by rail today. It would take some of the trucks off of the roads. I believe half of the vehicles down here on the Interstaes are trucks. Especially I 75 and I 95. I 10 has a bunch too headed out of Jacksonville. I love trains.

Rails%2BSails%2BOBS%2Bf.jpg

I have never lived in a place where you would need to ride a train but I would like to do the cross Canadian trip. My mama said I rode my first train when I was 6 months old. She took me from Clearwater to Jacksonville on the Orange Blossom Special with the Seaboard Line. I don't remember much about it.

My next train ride was 50 years later when I took a train from Atlantic City, NJ to Grand Central in New York City. I was working up there on Storm Duty after a major storm hit the Jersey Shore and tore up a few resort hotels. UK was playing in Madison Square Garden. I remember the conductor came through punchng tickets and he had such a strong Yankee accent I could not understand what he was saying. I was on pins and needles.

I wish more freight was shipped by rail today. It would take some of the trucks off of the roads. I believe half of the vehicles down here on the Interstaes are trucks. Especially I 75 and I 95. I 10 has a bunch too headed out of Jacksonville. I love trains.

Rails%2BSails%2BOBS%2Bf.jpg
Many years ago, I took a train from Windsor to Niagra Falls. The train and the Falls were great.

I have a patent!!!!
I thought you did. Did you do the work yourself or did you use an attorney?
I like Allen but to be honest he's not the player many fans think he is. Sketchy defender, inconsistent shooter, slow, etc.. I wish the best for him but I've never that impressed.
I'm glad you said it first. He doesn't belong on this team and is only here because of where he grew up. He needs to move down a notch to where he can play and get better. This year he is shooting 22% from 3. He gives up twice the points he contributes and is just a liability. Nothing against the kid though.

Hey D-League.

Just got back from a Christmas party in NYC to be greeted by the excellent news of a beat down of UNC-Cheats. That’s the program I enjoy beating the most. Can’t wait to watch a replay.

Had a great day seeing the Christmas sights of Manhattan, then a terrific party on the Upper East side, overlooking Central Park. My wife’s family includes a number of funny Irish drunks, including a couple who were actually in from Ireland, so it was lots of fun.

An early Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all...

265352210_4804183766291260_4325855478685699376_n.jpg

I'm with you all on the Christmas movies. I start watching them as soon as it gets cold. I enjoy the Christmas season... God Bless you all...

It is ashamed Ole Chuck can't call Snoopy a dog any longer, someone told me this gen-type Snoopy identifies as a Honey Badger...(Watch, as foolish as this is, it is coming....) I do see some fighting back at this type lunacy now, I just hope it is enough...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT