ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Max Baer (Jethro Bodeen) produced a movie about this song in 1976. The reason he jumped was due to grief from a homosexual encounter with an older man. Robbie Benson played Billie Joe. Leave it up to Hollywood to screw up a good song.

220px-BillieJoeMovie.jpg
We old guys are not very appealing. I've had several women in recent years threaten to jump if I came any closer (one of them being my wife).

Good morning, D-League!

It's a balmy 56° and sunshinee this er night morning. Can see clearly enough out here in the sticks to walk around without any artifical light. It's just gorgeous.

Hope youre gettin rested up for the scrap with the tarbabies or some time with family. May God bless you and yours exceedingly!

Good morning from ATX. We've got 71°F and cloudy. Today's high projected at around 78°F. Cold front coming in Saturday night.

My laptop just upgraded to Windows 11. So far, so good.

Shopped a little for Christmas yesterday. Purchased a new Keurig K-cup coffee maker. Wife loves coffee. One cup per day is enough for me. Jury duty was an exception. Never doze off with a judge in the room. Drank 2-3 cups/day during that week.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

boston-tea-party-1-638.jpg

The day america officially switched to coffee!! It's a party! It's a party!

I just heard they are going to mess with the Super Bowl out in LA. They've already said masks will be mandatory in the stadium and they will probably restrict attendance as well. Not going to mean much to me because that's the only game I watch and mostly to see the commercials.

Remember the "outrage" over banning same sex bathrooms? Where they "had to" move a big game to a D run city?

Wonder if the NFL will get some stones and move the SB to a non-communist city and state... When are they going to start worshipping the dollar and get a full stadium for such a grand event? Lol

What's even more sad about these last 2 years is the knowledge that 10-20 years from now there will be a new generation of kidiots that will have been taught in schools that the reason the stadiums were empty was because of the unvaccinated and the deadliness of the pandemic, that FrancisJaBlowme was the savior of the country before divoc took his mind, and that it all stopped the madness of the most (popular) "awful" (pedo/trafficking busting) president ever, who had reporters kicked out of his few press conferences where he didn't answer questions, forced people to be banned from social media, and tanked the economy.

All because "they wanted to catch the Ds stealing the election" and lock em all up.... All planned to sell our country down the river and put Gropey Joe into the office he could never sniff winning for decades.

Gonna let it go now

I have never been on a train (except one of those tiny amusement park ones). I have only flown 4-5 times.
I have never lived in a place where you would need to ride a train but I would like to do the cross Canadian trip. My mama said I rode my first train when I was 6 months old. She took me from Clearwater to Jacksonville on the Orange Blossom Special with the Seaboard Line. I don't remember much about it.

My next train ride was 50 years later when I took a train from Atlantic City, NJ to Grand Central in New York City. I was working up there on Storm Duty after a major storm hit the Jersey Shore and tore up a few resort hotels. UK was playing in Madison Square Garden. I remember the conductor came through punchng tickets and he had such a strong Yankee accent I could not understand what he was saying. I was on pins and needles.

I wish more freight was shipped by rail today. It would take some of the trucks off of the roads. I believe half of the vehicles down here on the Interstaes are trucks. Especially I 75 and I 95. I 10 has a bunch too headed out of Jacksonville. I love trains.

Rails%2BSails%2BOBS%2Bf.jpg

Good morning folks. Heading out in a bit to catch an Amtrack train to Penn Station in Manhattan. My wife's family has their Christmas party tomorrow, and we go every few years when I'm feeling in the mood. Sometimes I feel in the mood when I say yes, then don't when it comes time to slog up the eastern seaboard to New York. But usually we manage to have a good time, and enjoy some of the Christmas trappings of that city.

I hope you all have a good weekend. Crazy to think this is the last one before Christmas.

Hope it's a safe and spectacular weekend for you and yours!

Good morning! I had some tentative plans for the day with a friend who was going to come over and play "workshop" with me. I don't know where those plans stand now because my wife has taken off from work today to use up some time she had left over.

I was sitting here thinking about December 17th. I knew there was supposed to be something about that day but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then it hit me. It's our wedding anniversary today. It didn't actually hit me, I did call out to my wife in another room and ask her if it was and she confirmed.

I have to, I HAVE TO, go with her to some to do at her Attorney's house on Saturday. She knows the rule but she didn't choose the day. Dude says I can watch the game in his basement mancave and the other attorney is a big Cat fan. Not optimum conditions but I can make it work.

Have a great day!

Happy anniversary!

No, you really don't need to watch it. I watched when it came out on TV. All I can remember was suffering though until the end just to find out why he jumped. It was a real stinker and I think it bombed at the box office. Should have.
Thanks for the tip. I think I will pass on the movie and save two wasted hours of my life. There is nothing worse than a bad movie. I ain't got time for that

The only train I've ridden is the L in Chicago. Back when I loved visiting there, we'd take a 1 hour flight into Midway and the L straight to our hotels in the Loop. Plenty to do and see. I'm simply not interested in encouraging their politics and blatant disregard for life, liberty, and personal safety. They will get as little of my money as possible from here forward

The only train I've ridden is the L in Chicago. Back when I loved visiting there, we'd take a 1 hour flight into Midway and the L straight to our hotels in the Loop. Plenty to do and see. I'm simply not interested in encouraging their politics and blatant disregard for life, liberty, and personal safety. They will get as little of my money as possible from here forward
We are getting flooded with people running out of Chicago and their story is interesting. A lot of the people coming down here are in the restaurant business or service related and hotels, etc.

So far the ones I have had the occasion to talked to seem to be decent, hard working people who just want to live a peaceful life and raise their family in their values, not mandated by the government. I haven't talked to a Democrat yet with the exception of a man from New Jersey and I couldn't understand him because he had on two masks and we were outside. I did request he not continue voting for liberals because the Democrats in our state are like Pelosi and AOC. They are far left, fortunately they only have political power in a few big cities and SE Florida. We try to contain them there.

and you did not even like my post that I worked on for twenty minutes!

dang.
I did not like it either but, I "liked" it anyway. ;) I jest of course. It was very informative and was something I never gave much thought to concerning passenger train usage in America. Rode in many across Germany and Europe and just wondered why we did not have a similar system. Your post made sense as to why we did not.

I did not like it either but, I "liked" it anyway. ;) I jest of course. It was very informative and was something I never gave much thought to concerning passenger train usage in America. Rode in many across Germany and Europe and just wondered why we did not have a similar system. Your post made sense as to why we did not.
Thanks Warrior cat.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F with thunderstorms. Power flicked off a couple times already. Cold front moving in. We're already near today's high. Expect upper-30s later tonight.

Cats got a game today vs UNC in Vegas at 4:30 pm CST. Go Cats!

Six college FB bowl games playing today. May watch a few.

I'm heading out grocery shopping later on this morning for roast turkey breast and other holiday goodies. Planning on making Christmas meal at home this year.

25353843_1599112973482686_5684857016897852007_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F with thunderstorms. Power flicked off a couple times already. Cold front moving in. We're already near today's high. Expect upper-30s later tonight.

Cats got a game today vs UNC in Vegas at 4:30 pm CST. Go Cats!

Six college FB bowl games playing today. May watch a few.

I'm heading out grocery shopping later on this morning for roast turkey breast and other holiday goodies. Planning on making Christmas meal at home this year.

25353843_1599112973482686_5684857016897852007_n.jpg

Praying that God keeps you and yours and mine safe down there.

Sir, Sir, Sir,...... Ole Leon is getting larger for sure (This Leon...) My Darling has been on a rampage of late...She always cooks well and I eat well but now she is upping the quantities. I've been eating these today and for three days like popcorn... (Freshly made daily) (What you see below is still digesting)

(Inside chucked full of; hamburger meat along with cabbage, spices, and some egg noodles)

267613685_5171296622883876_8722778156868115967_n.jpg

Along with some of these... (Sweet potatoes...)

267601789_5171304516216420_5506969669656504541_n.jpg

Yeah....

leons-getting-larger-airplane.gif
I'm thinking we could meet half way.........I'll bring you some of my rolled oysters and you can bring me a sampler of those two items.......I am crazy for "deep fried" and loves me some sweet taters.......has she tried deep frying those taters?

Good morning! Pretty impressed with the weather people. They only missed the storm track by about 200 miles. Not complaining about the results, just making a snide remark.

I'm not happy at all about what I'm about to do today, but no one there will know my disdain for the whole situation. According to the MMPI - Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - I have what is known as "savior faire". I will use that superpower to ensure no harm comes to me or those around me today.

Happy anniversary!
Thank you!

Morning folks. It is already in the low sixties and raining lightly.

It sure is good to have utilities working. Last week we had nothing. I had to run the vehicle to charge the cell phones and then the cell phone towers went down.

I don't like living in the 19th Century.
Glad that power is all you lost......I have been looking into a Kohler whole house generator..... I had a 13K portable generator back when I raised parrots........the could take the cold but not cold and dark.........once again really glad you folks avoided the carnage......

Good morning! Pretty impressed with the weather people. They only missed the storm track by about 200 miles. Not complaining about the results, just making a snide remark.

I'm not happy at all about what I'm about to do today, but no one there will know my disdain for the whole situation. According to the MMPI - Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - I have what is known as "savior faire". I will use that superpower to ensure no harm comes to me or those around me today.

Thank you!
Jed is not old enough for me to call him "uncle."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT