ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Three years ago I gave Joe B. Hall a DVD of the 1975 that was cobbled together by Ritchie Curtis from an old film and Cawood's radio call (NBC destroyed all their old tapes). Joe B. told me he considered that game the best in his career.

A couple weeks later he told me he watched the DVD 7 times.
Bert - I have a copy of that sent me by Ritchie. Thanks to you and him for putting that together.

I certainly have great memories of that game. I was in Ft Lauderdale on spring break with college teammates. Great Euphoria when the Cats won.

I smoked in the Army for almost a year. (Mostly at Fort Bragg) I couldn't catch a good breath for a few days and I quit it. I was huffing and puffing them though. Caught the habit but good. Of course you could get a pack out of the machine for I think 45 cents at the time in the barracks or buy them by the carton a whole lot cheaper.
2202746.gif

Three years ago I gave Joe B. Hall a DVD of the 1975 that was cobbled together by Ritchie Curtis from an old film and Cawood's radio call (NBC destroyed all their old tapes). Joe B. told me he considered that game the best in his career.

A couple weeks later he told me he watched the DVD 7 times.
I have no doubt that Joe B. treasures that DVD. I would too. I'll never forget Knight's wife crying her eyes out at the end of the game. Probably not due to the loss but knowing that her husband was going to be a holy terror when they got home.

Great song. Thanks for posting. Roy had it until the end, as this song released after his death proves.

Interesting backstory, if you haven't heard it.

Bono of U2 watched the movie Blue Velvet with Roy singing on the soundtrack, then went to sleep and dreamed the basic structure of this song - which he at first thought he was remembering Roy Orbison sign in the movie. Shortly after, Orbison unexpectedly paid the band a visit, and Bono broke out what he'd done with this song, and they finished it together. Or so Bono claims. I hope its true, a mysterious beginning to a sound about feminine mystique.

Came across a song today I'd never heard before: Waylon Jennings covering an old Jimmy Buffet tune. The Youtube video overlaid isn't my cup of tea, but a soulful version of a thoughtful song.

Waylon is a special person. Back when I was a kid he was playing with Buddy Holly. I loved Buddy Holly and then he died in a plane crash.

Waylon ended up with a massive body of work. God bless his soul.

His best song, in my book, was Billy. It was about him and I always assumed it was about him and Willy Nelson. It is not played very often but it is wonderful. It is a "country" "blues" type song.

Waylon is a special person. Back when I was a kid he was playing with Buddy Holly. I loved Buddy Holly and then he died in a plane crash.

Waylon ended up with a massive body of work. God bless his soul.

His best song, in my book, was Billy. It was about him and I always assumed it was about him and Willy Nelson. It is not played very often but it is wonderful. It is a "country" "blues" type song.

Very nice.

I'd never heard that song before Bert. Could be about Willie Nelson. Like all good songs it is universal enough that it could be about any friend/brother with whom a man faced the "thunder and the sunshine" as Tennyson put it.

Last edited:
Great song. Thanks for posting. Roy had it until the end, as this song released after his death proves.

Interesting backstory, if you haven't heard it.

Bono of U2 watched the movie Blue Velvet with Roy singing on the soundtrack, then went to sleep and dreamed the basic structure of this song - which he at first thought he was remembering Roy Orbison sign in the movie. Shortly after, Orbison unexpectedly paid the band a visit, and Bono broke out what he'd done with this song, and they finished it together. Or so Bono claims. I hope its true, a mysterious beginning to a sound about feminine mystique.
You're welcome. Austin threw threw the pass.
Willie Nelson

Eat cheap and tip big!

Last edited:
Jussie Smollett found guilty of staging race-baiting attack to boost career. GOOD! Bastard. Guilty on 5 of 6 charges.
Good deal! I read a story last night about jury nullification and Jussie's attempt to get a black juror to just throw out the facts and find him innocent. Hung jury and he walks. So glad to see that everyone of every race and political party agree that that SOB needs to be locked up.

I'm a little beery at the moment. I mean everyone on the jury.

Good deal! I read a story last night about jury nullification and Jussie's attempt to get a black juror to just throw out the facts and find him innocent. Hung jury and he walks. So glad to see that everyone of every race and political party agree that that SOB needs to be locked up.
He'll go down with the Bubba Wallace's of this world. The kind that don't give a damn about improving race relations. Keep the pot boiling. The Al Sharpton playbook.

As far as I'm concerned Jussie needs to be sentenced to as many years as someone would be if they had been convicted of his make believe crime. Is this not a federal hate crime, then what is?
Thankfully we'll be hearing apologies from celebrities, MSM, sports figures, Kamala, etc. about how wrong they were about Jussie.

bwahahahahahaha

Thankfully we'll be hearing apologies from celebrities, MSM, sports figures, Kamala, etc. about how wrong they were about Jussie.

bwahahahahahaha

I seriously doubt that even though I know how you meant it....

The day the media or one of these vocal out-spoken celebrities has to succumb to a real apology is the day this country starts getting back on track.

Good morning! Looks like it's just us early risers this morning. Yeah, I like to get up early and hit the road a runnin'.

I thought when we bought my wife a new car last year that it was a good deal to get oil changes for 3 years or 36,000. I didn't take into account that I would be the person taking it in for service. Have to drive into the belly of the beast and drop her off at work and then deal with a car dealership. I don't like them but I'll say the Hyundai people are nicer than the BMW people.

See ya this afternoon!

As far as I'm concerned Jussie needs to be sentenced to as many years as someone would be if they had been convicted of his make believe crime. Is this not a federal hate crime, then what is?
I am betting he will only get probation. Black and Gay. The outrage if he gets jail time will be fake and used to loot stores to get Christmas presents. I think they will be lenient.

The animals are salivating.

Morning Legionnaires! Time to hit the can and be the man!

77 (Sunset Strip) degrees on tap for today. Windy day ahead so, no work planned out side.

Wife's work Christmas party on tap for tonight. She was thinking about not going because of the mandate BS but, I talked her into it because they have not made a decision on her exemption request on the shot yet. Better make a good showing. So, a free dinner in store for me tonight (yeah, that's why I want to go).

Update on the pup, she will be 8 months 10 days from now. A picture from yesterday and one from this morning. She is a monster.

Resized-20211208-162523.jpg

Resized-20211210-052727.jpg

I certainly agree with this. I wish we still had hard labor for prisons. He needs to be dragging a ball and chain.

What he did was extremely dangerous and could have resulted in riots across America. We have a segment of society just looking for an excuse to burn buildings, destroy property and create violence. All they need is a spark and off they go. Millions of dollars of property damage and loss of life could have been the result of his hoax and lies. And of course he had to throw in MAGA caps and blame it on Trump supporters. The man is sick and should be locked up for a long time.

He is a sick man and probably has no regret in what he did. Isn't it wonderful how Joe Biden and Kamala Harris plus every liberal network personality on TV used the hoax to blast away at white people and Trump supporters. I doubt any of them apologize or admit they were wrong in what they did.

Good morning D-League and now for the local weather report.

We have 65° and fog which has been the pattern for the past week. The sun will shine bright all day so the fog is already disappearing. We have 68% humidity as we reach a high of 78°. Not a bad day for the golfers.

UK is recruiting a player a little south of me who plays for Wiregrass Ranch at Zephyrhills. He is a high 4 star WR and if we can beat out Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan and everybody else for him he might be a Cat. The young man is very very good. I would love to see him in Blue and White.

I trust all are well and in good health Read John 15

A grown man educated in the elite universities of Transylvania and Duke didn't know we were attacked by Japanese in 1941. What is going on in this world. I knew that before it got into the history book. Surely he took U.S. History at some point in his life.

Maybe they quit teaching that after I got out of school. Matt Jones needs to go to Pearl Harbor and visit the U.S.S. Arizona memorial. It would be the best education I could suggest for him.

If it doesn't come from the mouth of a liberal, they probably won't believe it. Doesn't matter what books and museums might say. They'll destroy those soon enough anyway.

Liberals of his ilk don't do things like that. I doubt the memorial would affect him. Many of the liberals I have spoken to think that "soldiers die, it comes with the job." They have no idea what they go through or why they sacrifice what they do.

I miss the days when the left was lerceived as simply the workers, and the right as the white collar. Now the left is anti-america and pro-totalitarian, and the right is pro-corporation and anti-people. It is all of us they have nearly all abandoned.

The criminals are in charge and promoting each other...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT