ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 45°F and clear. High today predicted at 77°F.

Without Oscar, these Cats struggle. Sean Woods' team came ready to play.

Jury duty continues. Bah!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Brownie-Day.jpg

Im laughing my ass off here!!! That emoji by Sawnee put me over the edge. Thanks dude!
Doin' my best to contribute to the community. Sometimes I get out on a limb.

We have 63° and it is foggy over the lake. The sun will burn that off as it heads on up to 68° and we may get a few scattered showers this afternoon.

I ran into another transplant yesterday while at Publix. He was a 35 year old man who was born and lived all of his life in California. I told him I have seen a lot of California cars around but he was the first person I had the pleasure to talk to. He said he plays golf with about 10 of his buddies and 7 of them are moving out of California. He promised me he would vote the right way. So I said welcome. He also said the primary reason he is leaving was because of his children. The school system, racial strife and crime is too much to handle. He wants to live normal again.

I have a busy day ahead so I better turn this over to somebody else with more to offer

I read John 12

Last edited:

Wake up D Legionnaires!

32° now with the high of about 65° coming. Going up to mid to upper 70's next couple of days until the weekend

Daughter's 16th birthday is today and MIL wants us to wait until this weekend to celebrate it. Wife said no but, MIL said then we will do it again on Saturday. The fight continues. I told my wife the Army-Navy game I watch every year is Saturday at 1300 and then UK plays not long after that so...heh, heh, heh, I have an excuse not to do it then.

Wake up D Legionnaires!

32° now with the high of about 65° coming. Going up to mid to upper 70's next couple of days until the weekend

Daughter's 16th birthday is today and MIL wants us to wait until this weekend to celebrate it. Wife said no but, MIL said then we will do it again on Saturday. The fight continues. I told my wife the Army-Navy game I watch every year is Saturday at 1300 and then UK plays not long after that so...heh, heh, heh, I have an excuse not to do it then.
Happy Birthday to a fine young lady. Sweet 16

Doin' my best to contribute to the community. Sometimes I get out on a limb.

We have 63° and it is foggy over the lake. The sun will burn that off as it heads on up to 68° and we may get a few scattered showers this afternoon.

I ran into another transplant yesterday while at Publix. He was a 35 year old man who was born and lived all of his life in California. I told him I have seen a lot of California cars around but he was the first person I had the pleasure to talk to. He said he plays golf with about 10 of his buddies and 7 of them are moving out of California. He promised me he would vote the right way. So I said welcome. He also said the primary reason he is leaving was because of his children. The school system, racial strife and crime is too much to handle. He wants to live normal again.

I have a busy day ahead so I better turn this over to somebody else with more to offer

I read John 12
Isn't it a sad day when people have to uproot their families and relocate..............all because of insufferable politicians.......who are part and parcel to everything that is going on........they are the reason for the crime increase.........

Wake up D Legionnaires!

Happy Birthday wishes from the awf family.................it is an important birthday in the life of a teenager........as a grand parent of 10 grand kids and soon to be 2 great grand kids............we gonna do what we gonna do......... 😉

Howdy folks. Cold here today - 33f. We’re supposed to have snow but not yet.

Sleepwalk for the Cats last night from what I saw. But at least it wasn’t as bad as the last time an ex-Cat coached in Rupp - Walter McCarty at Evansville. And that Kentucky team won the SEC going away and stood to be a 2 seed before Covid. So not too concerned.

Hope all is well with all of you.

Last edited:
Isn't it a sad day when people have to uproot their families and relocate..............all because of insufferable politicians.......who are part and parcel to everything that is going on........they are the reason for the crime increase.........
AS I watch the news I SMH watching hoodlums going into stores, smashing things and stealing at will. And they are protect by local and state laws. It is spreading all over the country. How can a society survive this?

This young man is in my extended family. He has helped me in the past do things that I am getting too old to do. His wife is a beautician and this Christmas Tree in outside her shop.

Warning: it is 9 minutes long.

It is nearly 50 feet tall:

Bert, is this located in Chalybeate? I may have passed it on my way up and back to Nolin Lake. Huge structure. Lots of work.

Wake up D Legionnaires!

And the beat goes on...

PowerlessJaggedHorsemouse-max-1mb.gif

Just don't get beat on....

Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope all is well for her.

Bert, is this located in Chalybeate? I may have passed it on my way up and back to Nolin Lake. Huge structure. Lots of work.
It is. On the right going toward Brownsville.

It was on Fox News this morning. The Fox Christmas tree was burned last night by a turd head and they were showing Christmas trees in all the large cities and there was a tree from Chalybeate.

Multiple weapons and plenty of ammo.
Isn't it funny that the cities and states who allow this have the strictest gun laws. Some of us are fortunate that we live in states that will not put up with this. I seriously doubt I would stay in one that lets hoodlums run wild with out fear or consequence.

Voters have a choice and if they continue to vote for the ones supporting this it is hard to feel sorry for them.

Good morning! I made it until about the halfway through the Jones postgame. Woke up to Coast to Coast.

I thought the game was pretty exciting last night. I started off with sausage balls and then a big slice of blueberry pie. At halftime I made a ham and cheese sammich with a side of potato chips. Also had 4 beers during the game. Yep, pretty exciting.

My wife and I got out last Saturday for a day of shopping and food. Left the house Sunday to take out the garbage to the street. Got out Monday to bring the garbage can back to safety. Reached out the front door yesterday to grab a package off the porch. Might not leave the house today.

Have a day of your own making!

Isn't it funny that the cities and states who allow this have the strictest gun laws. Some of us are fortunate that we live in states that will not put up with this. I seriously doubt I would stay in one that lets hoodlums run wild with out fear or consequence.

Voters have a choice and if they continue to vote for the ones supporting this it is hard to feel sorry for them.

It is angering Sir, in any fashion those who do not like what's happening in some form or another have to deal with the overflow violence and upheaval even if they have states that will crack down on it. Nipping in the bud the initial stuff to see what states will allow it is already past where it should ever be in this country.

Happy Birthday to a fine young lady. Sweet 16

One of my favorite oldies. Reached #2 on the charts in 1958.

Traveling Man was my high school sweetheart's favorite song. I traveled to Detroit in 1961 and broke up with her in a letter after I went away - so I'm not sure how she felt about the song after that.

This young man is in my extended family. He has helped me in the past do things that I am getting too old to do. His wife is a beautician and this Christmas Tree in outside her shop.

Warning: it is 9 minutes long.

It is nearly 50 feet tall:

Bert that Christmas Tree looks like a graphic representation of my drinking patterns in my 20s and early 30s. I'm happy to say I was able to cut way, way back without having to quit altogether.

Great job by that young man building it. I'm going to watch the whole nine-minute video after work, but its a terrific looking piece of construction.

Traveling Man was my high school sweetheart's favorite song. I traveled to Detroit in 1961 and broke up with her in a letter after I went away - so I'm not sure how she felt about the song after that.
Great song Chief. As for your ex- my guess is she was glad you were a Travelin' Man - going in the opposite direction of her.

The song genre of being a guy floating around the world from port-to-port breaking women's hearts is irresistible to romantic adolescent boys. This one came out when I was about 15 or 16 and made a big impression on me...

Hey bud! Coming around for the game tonight?
Well... I guess not. The redhead was watching something else, I got comfortable on the couch and BAM it was 8:30. Thanks for the invite though. Will try to make it for the ND game.
Everytime I drop down a Blues hole you come to mind. You interested in an occasional music tag.
Thanks Rooster...always interested in an occasional game of blues music tag.

When I said Cats by 30...I misspelled 12. Dang autocorrect.

My wife and i play a game with YouTube and this came up the other night. I searched for Rick Nelson and played it, it has been years since I heard that tune.

Here is one of a man breaking hearts every where he goes.

Great song Chief. As for your ex- my guess is she was glad you were a Travelin' Man - going in the opposite direction of her.

The song genre of being a guy floating around the world from port-to-port breaking women's hearts is irresistible to romantic adolescent boys. This one came out when I was about 15 or 16 and made a big impression on me...

I ran into her the next time I came back to town. She wasn't grieving, she was pissed. I never had any contact with her until more than 50 years later after someone informed me she was dying of cancer. I called her to express my sympathy for her situation and we had a nice conversation and we both agreed that our time together was just a fond memory. I had always believed that after one married it was not a good idea to have any contact with former girl/boyfriends (which I still think is good advice).

Been a nice easy day here in my nest. Did venture out to the store to pick up a couple of things to make some gingerbread cookies.

Almost picked up some eggnog. Reason I didn't is it's too early to get started on that. I put bourbon in it and drink it during ball games or movies. Afraid I'll burn out on it if I start this early before Christmas. Maybe have some White Russians to tide me over. Dude will abide.

Holiday tradition at our house throughout my life growing up was to have fried oysters on Christmas Eve. Gonna get back to that this year.

Been a nice easy day here in my nest. Did venture out to the store to pick up a couple of things to make some gingerbread cookies.

Almost picked up some eggnog. Reason I didn't is it's too early to get started on that. I put bourbon in it and drink it during ball games or movies. Afraid I'll burn out on it if I start this early before Christmas. Maybe have some White Russians to tide me over. Dude will abide.

Holiday tradition at our house throughout my life growing up was to have fried oysters on Christmas Eve. Gonna get back to that this year.
Try a shot of Rum Chata in your eggnog.................it is never too early if you can find eggnog.......unless you make your own...........the Director has been on me to make some rolled oysters........Mazonni's style..............

Try a shot of Rum Chata in your eggnog.................it is never too early if you can find eggnog.......unless you make your own...........the Director has been on me to make some rolled oysters........Mazonni's style..............
That's the way I make them too. I use Saltines though because that's what Mom did. I made them for all of us when she became unable and we all still got together. I've got about at least 10 or 12 breaded oysters cooks under my belt.

That's the way I make them too. I use Saltines though because that's what Mom did. I made them for all of us when she became unable and we all still got together. I've got about at least 10 or 12 breaded oysters cooks under my belt.
I don't remember how long I have been making them.......since Flabby's quit having them I guess..........the recipe I use has oatmeal for the mix and cracker crumbs to roll them in ..........pretty close to the real deal........

We share the same taste and holiday tradition. Christmas Eve featured oysters at my house also. We would fry 5 or 6 dozen and also serve Oyster Stew. We were fortunate to get fresh oysters out of the Gulf.

When a was a youngster you had a couple of options. You could take a big tub and go oystering or get a bushel from the seafood market for $6.00 and carry them home in a toe sack. Over the years prices have increased to about $60.00 a bushel locally. But that cost may rise even more. The best oysters in Florida, come from the beds at Apalachicola Bay and they have been shut down for 5 years. Oyster beds were seeded off the coast in my county about 3 years ago and we should be in good supply of oysters in a couple of years. Right now I get mine from Cedar Key.

I enjoy a lot of different foods but nothing comes close to oysters in my opinion. My very favorite way to eat oysters (other than raw) is to have an oyster roast. Get some hot coals and a large grill, put the oysters on them and let them roast until the shell pops open. Get your oyster knife out and pop one after another into your mouth. A group of folks can take care of a bushel in no time.

This is what an oyster boat looks like. You take a long "rake" and scoop them up off of the bottom. They are found in shallow waters. This picture was taken in Apalachicola Bay.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTqSbEKAdTw_bT-r7G5PIeX

Last edited:
Mazonni's style..............

Oh my goodness, Mazonni's were the best.

For years they were lunch at the L&N in Louisville on Fridays.

For years and years and years mama and my wife always fried oysters and other seafood in Nabisco Cracker Meal. I am not sure they make it anymore but a light dusting of that would fry your food to a golden brown and not be so thick you could not get the flavor of the shrimp, or fish or oyster. I have not seen this in stores in years.

iu

Ah Mazzoni's. Really sorry that they closed up shop. Should never have left their Bowman Field location. They had a sign "Free oysters for anyone 80 years or older accompanied by a parent". Believe it or not an 80-something man came in with his 100-something mom and had an oyster feast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT