ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

AS I watch the news I SMH watching hoodlums going into stores, smashing things and stealing at will. And they are protect by local and state laws. It is spreading all over the country. How can a society survive this?
Most of us were brought up to respect authority. We knew if we did anything remotely close to what these young people are doing, the law would be the least of our worries. We also were taught if you wanted something, you got out and worked for it. My dad would say, "If it wasn't worth working for, then it wasn't worth having". We need to get back to those days.

264840502_648741713206266_6587596642954079278_n.jpg

I hoped you stopped by if it was after July of 61 Sir and at least tapped on whatever it was I was laying on at the time. I couldn't have done much to say hello as I was just getting over.....being born.
1961, the year I graduated from high school. I was 17 years old I bought this 1956 Ford for $500 and started saving my money for college. It was a very good year

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teQP_1uPmdSQlkgW3jS47s4K

I hoped you stopped by if it was after July of 61 Sir and at least tapped on whatever it was I was laying on at the time. I couldn't have done much to say hello as I was just getting over.....being born.

I was in Detroit during the winter of 61, early 62. Couldn't find a job there as there was a recession at that time. Best failure of my life.

Good evening, D-League!

Phone is almost completely dead, as in bricked. Trying to recover data and such. Won't be back on for a while, so continue to enjoy your time without me! Lol

The difference between a world run by democrats and a world run by republicans seems pretty stark right now. In congress the left is mostly psychotic and the right is out for their own self-interests. Dividing up the spoils between them. We need to put real people forward as candidates. People that can't be bought, and know the constitution.

No getting around it that we need to get rid of most of those elected and start over, as well as putting the ones who've voted for and promoted anti-constitutional legislation in jail for treason. I don't know who we can trust to work towards getting that done, however.

It may be too late after all.

I started smoking in elementary school. Quit when I was 19. I've picked up and smoked many cigarette butts from the side of the road. My dad rolled his own (Prince Albert) and would let me get a puff whenever but my mother would whip me if she caught me.
I was probably 11-12 yrs old when I started..........mostly older kids in my neighborhood........I found a way to fit in.......

I was probably 11-12 yrs old when I started..........mostly older kids in my neighborhood........I found a way to fit in.......

I smoked in the Army for almost a year. (Mostly at Fort Bragg) I couldn't catch a good breath for a few days and I quit it. I was huffing and puffing them though. Caught the habit but good. Of course you could get a pack out of the machine for I think 45 cents at the time in the barracks or buy them by the carton a whole lot cheaper.

I started smoking in elementary school. Quit when I was 19. I've picked up and smoked many cigarette butts from the side of the road. My dad rolled his own (Prince Albert) and would let me get a puff whenever but my mother would whip me if she caught me.
Fortunately every time I smoked I got sicker than a dog. So 3 cigarettes for me in my lifetime.

Last name, if you dare?

My Dad had seven brothers and a sister (My Uncles and Aunt). They lived on the Y. Not worried about sharing my name, I have with several here but I am careful. Many of the children still live there and about. (I will look and see if I have a picture or two of many of them together. May have to ask my brother. My brother is ten years liking a week older than me.)

Last edited:
Some of you “more seasoned” gentlemen like me are old enough to loathe the Indiana Hoosiers more than just about any other program. Something to do with Bobby Knight sucker punching Joe B., and a few million obnoxious pig farmers shooting off their mouths constantly.

So in case you missed it, IU blew a 22 point lead tonight to lose for the NINETEENTH straight time in Madison, Wisconsin. Their hoops board is comedy gold tonight.

Some of you “more seasoned” gentlemen like me are old enough to loathe the Indiana Hoosiers more than just about any other program. Something to do with Bobby Knight sucker punching Joe B., and a few million obnoxious pig farmers shooting off their mouths constantly.

So in case you missed it, IU blew a 22 point lead tonight to lose for the NINETEENTH straight time in Madison, Wisconsin. Their hoops board is comedy gold tonight.

Brother MD some are giving you heck on some other threads but I'm wit ya. (Not that it matters.)

My Mom's side of the family are mostly hoosier fans. We haven't had a family reunion in years but I'd love to have one now. The 1975 game is still one of my all-time favorite victories.

Lol. Yeah I’m having fun being the contrarian in the face of the Cal haters. Some of the worst of the Rafters crew can’t abide that, or handle it maturely. So I appreciate your support!

I don't hate Cal but I sure don't like him much now either. (I was a vocal supporter of Cal and what he stood for player and family-wise for years. Went into some serious diatribe in Cal's defense prior to his kneel-gate. Yep serious business to me.) He seriously messed up and has yet to even try to rectify it that I have seen.

I am not much on holding a grudge but I am not back on the bandwagon. (Not that it matters what I am or am not.)

That doesn't mean I won't back decent people. Be Good

(I won't harp on it.) Oh, (BMT) basketball matters too again I hope... (I really hope I can get back to the zeal I had for this team, school, and coach. I enjoyed it.)

Heh, remember when former UK assistant coach and FBI Special Agent Lynn Nance was gonna bust old Bobby Knight's head?

I'll try stopping by later and helping out.

nancehallknight.jpg

Last edited:
I smoked in the Army for almost a year. (Mostly at Fort Bragg) I couldn't catch a good breath for a few days and I quit it. I was huffing and puffing them though. Caught the habit but good. Of course you could get a pack out of the machine for I think 45 cents at the time in the barracks or buy them by the carton a whole lot cheaper.
I smoked last 3 years of high school and the first 2 years in the Army. When my run times for the 2 mile run and 10k races started to lag and people were starting to get close to me I quit. In my 20 years in the military I was only beaten once in the 2 mile run and that was in BCT on my first test and that motivated me to train more. After that I never got beat but when they started getting close I quit smoking. At 39 years old with about 5 or 6 months left before retirement I took my last one and still beat everyone in my unit. I am a very competitive person and hate to lose.

Last edited:
Neither my mother or father smoked and I was only around it with my uncles and friends parents. To be honest, candy cigarettes were not even allowed in my house so if I wanted one I had to bum it off of a friend. My parents were bound and determined to keep me away from tobacco and they were successful because it is one habit I never had the urge to take up.

I remember when I was at UK and later Ft Knox smoking was encouraged and the local cigarette manufacturers would give away samples (four to a package) UK was especially encouraging for smokers. Fraternities would have "Smokers" which were social events to recruit members. Some professors even smoked and allowed students to smoke in class. It is amazing now to watch a YouTube of an old 60's show and seeing the host and guests smoking. Even Edward R Murrow smoked during the news cast. as did Walter Cronkite.

It was the Age of The Marlboro Man

marlboro-man-50fcb356-2411-40e2-b137-0985d2c639d-resize-750.jpg

Good morning D League. Out for a walk - it’s around 30 today so feeling a chill.

Running through Christmas movies I came across the Waltons Christmas episode that turned into the pilot for the show —but with different parents and grandparents.

Pretty good, not great, but I loved Patricia Neal as the original mom. And the way they lived was very like my father and grandparents in rural Bracken County, on up to when I was a boy in the early 1960s.

Hope it’s a good day for you all.

I began a hate relationship with Indiana when Bobby Knight sucker punched Joe B. The 1975 Regional Finals will be one of my Top 5 UK victories in history. I doubt Indiana will ever be a player in the national championship picture again. Their glory days are likened to the Roman Empire. From the very best to just a story in a history book. That is Indiana.

Morning Legionnaires! Git up!

47° this morning with a high around 75° expected with 78-80° expected tomorrow.

A federal judge blocked (at least temporarily) the vax mandate for federal contractors but, I don't know how long that will last. Also, the Senate voted to block it 48-52 but now it needs to go to the House which as we all know is heavily controlled by the left. Biden has already said he would veto the bill if it gets to him. The dictator has spoken. My wife has poured everything she has and makes with the exception of about $10,000.00 into stocks in prep for losing her job. Since we have separate bank accounts I did not know how much until yesterday. She has been following a Christian financial advisor for over a year now and has followed stocks a little longer and is gambling on his advice.

My Mom's side of the family are mostly hoosier fans. We haven't had a family reunion in years but I'd love to have one now. The 1975 game is still one of my all-time favorite victories.
Three years ago I gave Joe B. Hall a DVD of the 1975 that was cobbled together by Ritchie Curtis from an old film and Cawood's radio call (NBC destroyed all their old tapes). Joe B. told me he considered that game the best in his career.

A couple weeks later he told me he watched the DVD 7 times.

Three years ago I gave Joe B. Hall a DVD of the 1975 that was cobbled together by Ritchie Curtis from an old film and Cawood's radio call (NBC destroyed all their old tapes). Joe B. told me he considered that game the best in his career.

I certainly agree with Joe B

It is a game I will never forget because of the circumstances of that day as well as the game itself.

Unknown to me my wife agreed to meet our best friends for dinner at a very fine restaurant. We were to meet them at about 4:00 and it was an hour drive to the restaurant. The game would be on TV at that time. I found about our little date Friday night before the Saturday game. No way on earth short of death was I going to miss that game. It was Indiana and every UK fan knew what that meant. It made the UL rivalry of today a second thought. This was Bobby Knight and Indiana.

Very seldom in our marriage did I ever get really upset but this was one of the times. I told her she should have known the NCAA Regional Finals were the next day and there is no way on earth I was going to miss that. She would have to call them and cancel or make it very late that night. Saturday morning she called them and made the time about 7:00. Of course it messed up the baby sitter arrangements for both parties but hey IT WAS INDIANA AND BOBBY KNIGHT

kentucky-mike-flynn-1975-ncaa-mideast-regional-playoffs-march-31-1975-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

Bert - I have a copy of that sent me by Ritchie. Thanks to you and him for putting that together.

I certainly have great memories of that game. I was in Ft Lauderdale on spring break with college teammates. Great Euphoria when the Cats won.

2202746.gif

I have no doubt that Joe B. treasures that DVD. I would too. I'll never forget Knight's wife crying her eyes out at the end of the game. Probably not due to the loss but knowing that her husband was going to be a holy terror when they got home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT