ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-Leaguers

Woke up to 47° with fog on the lake and surrounding area. The sun will melt that away as we reach a high today of 68°. Only a 2% chance of rain the man just said on the radio.

After listening to Baldwin's interview I have asked all of my guns, including my little pesky, sassy derringer to not fire or shoot anybody unless I have my finger on the trigger and I am pointing them at something or somebody. They all agreed and promised but I have to watch Mr Derringer very close.

Liberals actually believe these guns have a mind of their own and can do what they want to do without a human directing them.

Trust all have a good day. Read John 7

Why would a man or woman go into $100's of thousands in debt majoring in gender studies when a real job pays good money?

244784010_4836286289737266_5642716047899745926_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and foggy. Fog advisory in effect until 9 am CST this morning. Expecting 78°F for today's high. Yesterday, we hit 81°F. Beer (Shiner Ruby Redbird) tasted so good after my afternoon walk.

Watched Cowboys vs Saints last night until 4th quarter. Happy "Da Boyz" won.

Purchased blueberries November 15 before leaving for KY. Washed and placed the berries into an air-tight container. Eating some now with oatmeal. Unbelievable how remarkably fresh this fruit has remained all this time. My luck with blueberries is not good.

Happy Friday!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

green-bean-casserole-day-768x485.jpg

Good morning folks..........the second pot of coffee is dripping..........I have to take the florescent lights down in the garage and replace them with some low energy LED's.............speaking of guns............the Director bought me a Remington .270 for my birthday in 2011...........the trigger lock has never been off of it.........I had a 9mm and a .380 but I have only shot them a couple of times............we also have two Berna pepper spray guns........we have taken them out and shot them a couple of rounds.........when I was much younger I didn't mind roaming the hills and dales of Hardin Co. hunting one thing or another............I have never felt comfortable with a pistol in my hand........the Director left the mountains of NC at 17yrs old to come to Louisville to go to school..................her daddy gave her $100 dollars and a .38 revolver.........When we got married I had her give it back to him......he later shot/killed a man in self defense with it............

Why would a man or woman go into $100's of thousands in debt majoring in gender studies when a real job pays good money?

The problem with most of those jobs is they require you to roll up your sleeves and work your ass off for low pay for the first few years.........it took me several years to make as much as my HS classmates that went to college........I passed most of them up........also, I made money while learning and didn't incur any student loans.........as a master carpenter I wouldn't work for $52..................If'n I wasn't retired..............that is........

Wake up Legionnaires! Gird up your loins and let's get to movin!

80° on tap for today feels like spring around here. Need to darken the windows, turn on the air conditioner and watch some winter Youtube videos to get myself set for the season.😏

Going to watch a couple of these division title games tomorrow as the season winds down. Lot of pissed off OU fans around here. Did not see an OU hat or shirt while I was out and about yesterday. Talked with a couple of OU fans and they are completely disinterested in what bowl they are going to. They are only concerned with who they are getting for a coach and how next year will turn out. A 10-2 season is unacceptable to them. I believe once they hit the SEC they are in for a shock. 10-2 will be the norm if not worse.

Good morning D League. I hope you all are gliding into a restful and maybe festive weekend.

We have a nice weekend ahead. On Saturday we’re going to the magnificent National Cathedral to hear Handel’s Messiah performed. Then on Sunday we’re meeting friends up in Baltimore to see a museum show on Matisse, then tour some Christmas sights in that city.

This is my wife’s doing. She knows I’d sit home every weekend in December and watch football but she’s determined to make it a lively holiday.

I generally enjoy her missions once I’m forced to participate. .

Last edited:
Good morning folks..........the second pot of coffee is dripping..........I have to take the florescent lights down in the garage and replace them with some low energy LED's.............speaking of guns............the Director bought me a Remington .270 for my birthday in 2011...........the trigger lock has never been off of it.........I had a 9mm and a .380 but I have only shot them a couple of times............we also have two Berna pepper spray guns........we have taken them out and shot them a couple of rounds.........when I was much younger I didn't mind roaming the hills and dales of Hardin Co. hunting one thing or another............I have never felt comfortable with a pistol in my hand........the Director left the mountains of NC at 17yrs old to come to Louisville to go to school..................her daddy gave her $100 dollars and a .38 revolver.........When we got married I had her give it back to him......he later shot/killed a man in self defense with it............
Speaking of weapons, I came home from Viet Nam 50 years ago today. Dad would be 101 tomorrow had he lived. Weapons come in handy when/if you need them.

Speaking of weapons, I came home from Viet Nam 50 years ago today. Dad would be 101 tomorrow had he lived. Weapons come in handy when/if you need them.
A belated welcome home, and thanks for your service, Bernie. I know you guys didn't all get that at the time. But everyone who did their duty and stepped up to do what their country required of them deserves our unending respect.

A belated welcome home, and thanks for your service, Bernie. I know you guys didn't all get that at the time. But everyone who did their duty and stepped up to do what their country required of them deserves our unending respect.
Those guys especially. Taking nothing away from WWI, WWII, or the Korean conflict but, most of those soldiers came home to a better reception (those that came home). Vietnam vets have my utmost respect and deservedly so. So Bernie, I echo 55's belated welcome home.

Good morning D-Leaguers

Woke up to 47° with fog on the lake and surrounding area. The sun will melt that away as we reach a high today of 68°. Only a 2% chance of rain the man just said on the radio.

After listening to Baldwin's interview I have asked all of my guns, including my little pesky, sassy derringer to not fire or shoot anybody unless I have my finger on the trigger and I am pointing them at something or somebody. They all agreed and promised but I have to watch Mr Derringer very close.

Liberals actually believe these guns have a mind of their own and can do what they want to do without a human directing them.

Plus twice on Fox yesterday one of the fox folks mentioned the safety being off. 19th century single action guns don't have a safety. Geeze, if you don't know what you are talking about then don't say a word.

The girl that mentioned the safety was Kayleigh Mcenany.

Plus you can shoot a single action gun without touching the trigger is you pull the trigger back enough to hit the shell hard enough to discharge the bullet prior to getting it back far enough to catch.

Good morning D, read John 4, absolutely a beautiful morning here in the Berg!!!!

Going to see my son this morning, have about 20 #bekind ornaments to deliver.

WC, went trout fishing yesterday, got our limit of 8 each, I brought home 10 good filets!!!

Bert I enjoyed your story about Joe B when we were talking!!!

Those of you that have Uncle Ken Christmas ornaments, would like to see a picture of them on your tree!

I saw the post about hourly wages and YOU ARE RIGHT, they won't work, it's too hard in a whinny voice!!!!! My best friend is head of maintenance at Toyota in Georgetown, he was telling me that they are taking seniors right out of high school, putting them in the maintenance program and in 4 years they will be making over $100,000 a year!!!! When I was at Dyno they would hire someone then in a few days quit because it's too hard of work!!!!! Kitty cats!!!!!!LOL

I hope the D has a great day and always prayers for the D!!!!

Next purchase will likely be a revolver and possibly another 9mm pistol.

I'm good with either. Liked my rifles when I was younger. Much prefer pistols right now. Can still draw quick and shoot center really well for now. Hope I keep my aim and steadiness. I seem to shoot better off a draw than when I'm taking my time.

Good morning D, read John 4, absolutely a beautiful morning here in the Berg!!!!

WC, went trout fishing yesterday, got our limit of 8 each, I brought home 10 good filets!!!

Those of you that have Uncle Ken Christmas ornaments, would like to see a picture of them on your tree!

I saw the post about hourly wages and YOU ARE RIGHT, they won't work, it's too hard in a whinny voice!!!!! My best friend is head of maintenance at Toyota in Georgetown, he was telling me that they are taking seniors right out of high school, putting them in the maintenance program and in 4 years they will be making over $100,000 a year!!!! When I was at Dyno they would hire someone then in a few days quit because it's too hard of work!!!!! Kitty cats!!!!!!LOL

Probably told this story here before but will tell it again.

Buddy and I were returning some gifts and such to Walmart, waiting in line at the return desk of course, when we overheard 2 young people talking about how many days they "still had to work" so that they "could be fired and collect unemployment." We both just stood there with "Wth" written all over our faces.

Best thing for this country would be for unemployment to end for the able bodied, and be given instead as work subsidies for those individuals who served their country to help them get back into the work force and acclimated to civilian life.

We've offered enough incentives to those that don't want to work to pay off the national debt a couple times. Incentivize work. Stop incentivizing sloth!

I'm good with either. Liked my rifles when I was younger. Much prefer pistols right now. Can still draw quick and shoot center really well for now. Hope I keep my aim and steadiness. I seem to shoot better off a draw than when I'm taking my time.
I can't shoot a pistol worth a crap, but they do say the best was often is just to stare at the target and shoot.

No names, but I was quick drawing against a cardiovascular surgeon back in the 1970's. He shot first but I did not see him hit anything, so I took a really good aim and hit the target. Then to my right I hear all the vulgarity. He had shot himself in the right leg.

The third guy shooting with us was also a surgeon, so he fixed him up and waited about 6 hours so they could determine what tissue was dead. The other doc took him to the hospital and operated on his leg with a local. The gun shot was never reported to the police.

I often remind him of this wild west action that he took long ago. It gets him going. Years later we had a reunion of the "shooters" and here he is with the infamous gun and holster:
262799122_4556237331158482_1410659216153886005_n.jpg

What's a "yuse". I heard this word used by a lady I worked with from Pennsylvania, she was always referring to yuse and yuses.

When she said that it always reminded me of "My Cousin Vinny" and his yutes. Is a yuse anything like a yute?

Yuse is a great word. A mispelled contraction of bad grammar "you is". Yuses much like Ya'll.
Plus twice on Fox yesterday one of the fox folks mentioned the safety being off. 19th century single action guns don't have a safety. Geeze, if you don't know what you are talking about then don't say a word.

Plus you can shoot a single action gun without touching the trigger is you pull the trigger back enough to hit the shell hard enough to discharge the bullet prior to getting it back far enough to catch.
Good grief, a typical Dixie chick. Oops! But why am I not surprised?
My Mammaw packed a 5 shot 32 revolver in her apron. Shocked my friends almost as much as the 12" gold fish in the bath tub.
I seem to shoot better off a draw than when I'm taking my time.
102677081_1_x.jpg

Last edited:
I can't shoot a pistol worth a crap, but they do say the best was often is just to stare at the target and shoot.

No names, but I was quick drawing against a cardiovascular surgeon back in the 1970's. He shot first but I did not see him hit anything, so I took a really good aim and hit the target. Then to my right I hear all the vulgarity. He had shot himself in the right leg.

The third guy shooting with us was also a surgeon, so he fixed him up and waited about 6 hours so they could determine what tissue was dead. The other doc took him to the hospital and operated on his leg with a local. The gun shot was never reported to the police.

I often remind him of this wild west action that he took long ago. It gets him going. Years later we had a reunion of the "shooters" and here he is with the infamous gun and holster:
262799122_4556237331158482_1410659216153886005_n.jpg
When I was stationed in Turkey, we had 4 planes loaded with nukes ready to be in the air on the way to Russia within 2 minutes of the alarm. We also had a back up area with bombers that would have to be loaded with nukes before taking off within 2 hours. At different times there would be 30 to 70 of these back up planes. There were buildings where the people who manned these jobs worked during the day. As security, we had access to these buildings. When it was cold outside or rainy, it took us awhile to check these buildings thoroughly. One of the guys was playing quickdraw in front of a mirror in one of the bathrooms and shot the mirror out.

A gun safety story:

In November and early December 2001, I was traveling in Afghanistan with Mujhadeen militia who were looking to kill or capture bin Laden for the CIA's $25 million reward. These guys were the furthest thing from trained soldiers and carried their weapons in all sorts of haphazard fashion. (see below, photos taken by my photog buddy.)

I noticed the young, fresh faced kid below in particular kept randomly pointing his AK-47 at me as we marched along without realizing it. I was pretty exhausted by this time, and my judgment was eroded. So at one point I approached the kid, motioned for him to show me his weapon. He was confused at first, but did so out of innate politeness. So then I started trying to show him how to properly carry it, pointed down and away.

He seemed to actually be catching on, when this older guy, probably an uncle or at least a clansman, walked up with a snarl on his face, motioned me to hand the gun back, then ratcheted a round into the chamber of his AK, pointed it square at my chest, put his finger on the trigger, then started making BOOM BOOM BOOM noises like he was firing, then laughed in my face. I guess I had humiliated the kid, and so he was going to put me in my place.

That ended my career as a gun safety officer. But I will note, THE GUN DID NOT GO OFF WITHOUT A TRIGGER PULL. Take that, Alec Baldwin.

After loss of their nest tree during a storm last year, The Dale Hollow Eagles (River & Obey) are busy rebuilding.

Live feed linky. You can see the stick she added this morning. They may not be as famous as those Florida birds below. Harriet & what's his name . . M-15. But they do nest at Dale Hollow.

Meanwhile in Florida
<=== Live Linky to SWFL eagle nest

Last edited:
Good morning D-Leaguers

I keep mine pointed away from me on the end table within easy reach. Told my wife if it ever turns toward me even a little bit, the bullets are coming out and he's going in a drawer. Be damned if my gun is going to go rogue and shoot me after the good life I've given it.
Had green bean casserole last night at a Christmas party. Was gooood.

That's true Bert and exactly what I thought yesterday, but I just picked up a revolver and pulled the hammer back and it clicked after about .25". There were 2 more clicks before it was fully cocked. The only way you could do what they are saying happened would be if you had the trigger pulled before you cocked it and let the hammer fall.

Someone probably slipped that bullet into the gun and my bet is still on the crew that had walked off the set earlier that day.

I don't give 2 shits about "hollywood rules", the person who is going to pull the trigger, or just wield a gun, has the ultimate responsibility to make sure it is safe to do so. Doesn't matter if they are an "actor".

Sir, During my Junior and Senior year in high school (77, 78, 79 range) my Welding shop teacher must have taken a liking to me. (David M. Falik). He gave me a phone number and told me to call it. I stated, yes Sir. (He knew I was moving out on my own.) In any event when I called the man told me to come see him that day. (Keep in mind, minimum wage back then was 2 something an hour at tops.) He started me off welding on box cars at $11.42 and hour. I was swimming. I worked for less than that a year or so after I got out of the Army at some odd jobs. I am thankful. I have always worked since I was 15 in a real on the clock job and before that when my Dad had his siding company. what I am most thankful for is my babies and My Darling have always eat my food...(They still do sometimes, but to be fair sometimes they pay now too.) ;)

Before I was a Babdist or studied zoology I was raised an entrepreneural River Rat, worms $6.75/qt., nightcrawlers a penny ea. Minimum wage 1.35 and nothing was free. Shad gut $5.00/gal. Dad , an apprentice elecrician made 2.25/hr. I'm not even going to mention Catalpa worms @ 3 doz/$. and I learned money grew on trees then turned 16 old enough to drive with gas 22¢/gal.

b126f51d270ddbf0e1613d363b7ecac6.jpg

I was truly broken hearted when I asked a student intern to hand me a small Phillips and he pulled out a cell phone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT