ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Where the hell was I when this video was made. 35 million views. Love the scenery. Definitely not Florida.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRQf74Q9ZydqDJwhgJpKUHT

Good morning from ATX. Currently 53°F and partly cloudy with fog in some places. Today's high could max out at 80°F.

Another murder this morning. Local news just reported Austin up to 87 homicides so far this year. Wonder if we break 90 for the year? Stay tuned.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

79124550_2709267695800536_5635794195332464640_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 53°F and partly cloudy with fog in some places. Today's high could max out at 80°F.

Another murder this morning. Local news just reported Austin up to 87 homicides so far this year. Wonder if we break 90 for the year? Stay tuned.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

79124550_2709267695800536_5635794195332464640_n.jpg
I really enjoy fritters especially Conch Fritters. We have a little spot we go to frequently just for the conch fritters. Put a little hot sauce on those babies and it is hard to quit eating them.

Wake up Legionnaires! Get those running shoes, work shoes, slippers, rubber boots, cowboy boots, crocks, or whatever else you guys wear and let's get going.

Weather will be high 70's today with possible 80°.

Not much on tap for today except training my now 2 students and they are talking about bringing a third after Christmas. Both of the ones I have now were talking the other day about how they don't understand my instructor who comes in about once every 2 weeks to help train them. He will give them instructions and they will both look at me and say "What?" I will have to clarify for them. Although he has been here since he was about 15 or 16 (Stepfather was in military) and is now 63 he still has a heavy Asian (Thailand) accent. Never thought I would have to be an interpreter. He and I actually laugh about it because even he admits he still struggles with the English language everywhere he goes he still has to repeat himself to people.

Howdy D-League. Warming up here today. I hope it’s off to a good start for everyone.

Some good hoops last night. I enjoyed watching Louisville’s guards throw the ball around at random - often to the other team. If the Cats are at anything like full strength I don’t see how U6 hangs with UK’s guards.

Already getting psyched about the football this weekend. Go UC, Bama, Ok State. That’d be the path to an all-SEC Final as Bama beat the Bearcats and Georgia beat the Cowboys.

Good Morning D League

I have been up since 4:00 AM. trying to keep on track with my Ebay sales. I sold four more items overnight including an old vintage Letterman magazine that is over 50 years old. You might recall that was a magazine that covered High Schools sports.

Well today is the last day you can order Priority Bowl Tickets through your UK account. The cut off is 4:00PM. If you are going you will get the best seats based on your priority seating. After today if any tickets are left over they go on sale to the general public. The Citrus has a larger pay out but I prefer the Tampa Stadium. It is one of the best in the NFL. We will know Sunday where we are headed.

Well the weather is about the same as yesterday. It is 51° and sunny that will bring a high of 69°. No rain in the forecast and another fine day for the golfing community. And fishing too. Take care all,

42 years ago. How time flies. A belated Happy Birthday, Coach.

Joe B. Hall is my only claim to a direct connection to UK basketball. For some reason Joe B. liked me and I hauled him around North Florida, South Georgia and Alabama to see players.

He visited my house several times. What a great person and a pretty good coach. The picture below is in my den in Jacksonville. The girl on Joes left side is my daughter. The other is her best friend (to this day) Angie.

80716327_2633349936780574_5280236216791334912_n.jpg

Good morning! Supposed to get up to about 65° today and I have a Christmas party to go to tonight. Dec 2nd on a Thursday is a rather odd day to have a Christmas party.

The way I understand it, the Citrus Bowl has the first pick after the playoff teams are selected.

Have an adequate day.

Good morning! Supposed to get up to about 65° today and I have a Christmas party to go to tonight. Dec 2nd on a Thursday is a rather odd day to have a Christmas party.

The way I understand it, the Citrus Bowl has the first pick after the playoff teams are selected.

Have an adequate day.
The word down here there are three teams in consideration for the Citrus. UK, Texas A&M and Arkansas. Arkansas is ranked higher but but but but. I predict UK gets the bid.

I usually get shut down on trying to copy those as they have HDCP (High Definition Copy Protection) in them and in 1/50 of a second it shuts it down. But I will try.
Update on the three posts above.

Thanks to both of you fellows. Those posts made me get off my butt and do something about recording the things that HDCP shuts down.

I now have the Albany and Central Michigan games in HD. I found one splitter that does not pass along the HDCP information. Now I have to figure out how to get years out of that splitter or find another one. Only one out of eight stripped out the HDCP so it gets a little expensive at the ratio.

Listening to the Jones show and reading the news of the day when I came across this gem...

Alec Balwin and his attorney are now claiming that he didn't pull the trigger on the gun that killed that lady. WTF! They are trying to claim it was a "misfire". So now the story is a real bullet magically found its way into the gun and then managed to fire itself without any help from Alec.

I've experienced ONE misfire in my entire life. Thousands of rounds. I've had plenty that didn't cycle properly but only one where I pulled the trigger and the bullet didn't fire. Firing pin left a dent in the primer but it was a dud.

Now I'm to believe that a Hollywood misfire is totally different. Bullets just fire on their own and at the exact moment the gun was aimed at someones chest.

What a fine group of people out there.

My grandpa once told me this. Marry a short women and you better watch it. Now here is where it got funny. My grandmother was close to 6' and he was 5'6". They looked like Ma and Pa Kettle. But grandpa could be mean as a snake and grandma was a pillar of the local church. Grandpa would whip the preacher and grandma would pray for both of them.

After grandpa passed away I found out where he got his mean streak I thought it was from his daddy's side because they fought with the Hatfields in the feud But it actually came from his 4'10" mama. Her father's folks ran a bar in Williamson, WV back in the 1890's and early 1900's and once a deputy sheriff came in with a warrant to arrest a man drinking at the bar. He only had taken a few sips of his beer. Her uncle shot the deputy dead on the spot and said it wasn't right for the deputy to mess with his customers when they hadn't even finished a beer. He wasn't even charged. If you know about Williamson, Mingo County, West Virginia you may understand.

263316259_3159597314261090_6617272652245483572_n.jpg

Last edited:
What's a "yuse". I heard this word used by a lady I worked with from Pennsylvania, she was always referring to yuse and yuses.

When she said that it always reminded me of "My Cousin Vinny" and his yutes. Is a yuse anything like a yute?

I've been known to use "yous" as in "yous guys". I guess it's further pluralizing "you' to "yous" when the noun is plural and could sound "yuse".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT