ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning folks. It is sunny and 47.

On the game last night: my cable, internet and phone are through Spectrum. I get 600 Mbps. I had a perfect picture and no buffering. I guess different areas have different quality streaming. Plus about 5 years ago I hired an outfit to hard wire all the TV’s, computers and cable boxes with Cat5e. It really makes a difference.

I am now able to record off streaming as I have finally found a cheap HDMI splitter that does not pass the HDCP information to the TV to shut it down. It was the 8th one that I bought and finally I got one that is cheap enough to “not” work, at the least for the moment.

I concur to all the anti-Notre Dame posts made. I don’t know why LSU would want the ND coach. Geeze they had a good one.

On this weekends UK games there is one little side note that I will pass along. I took business courses at night at both North Florida and Louisville. I thought that that was interesting.
Wow Bert, they only promise me 300mbs and I get about 27, but my shit didn't buffer except when I said it did, before we came back from commercial.

LSU wants the ND coach because......he's been a coach somewhere that has done some things. They are NOT like Kentucky who will hire a coach who hasn't coached. Not a knock on Stoops, but he IS still learning on the job.

Business courses? Let me guess, the main point was either buy low, sell high. Or , First in, First out. Amiright?

I worked 32 years for the railroad. The deal was that you wear an expensive suit and tie. No compromises.

I got used to it. I have never, as an adult, gone to church without a suit and tie. I have never, as an adult, gone to a viewing or funeral without a suit and tie. My dad would turn over in his grave if I did that because he would not.

As a fact when I was commissioner and mayor I never went to a meeting without a suit and tie. It is stupid to do such things as I did but it lays down a marker for "respect". You respect church, you respect political office and you respect folks at a funeral. It is really simple.

In my old ways you simply have an image to keep. I am old and stupid but I have "class". Wear a suit is my fathers way.
I never went to church without a suit. Ashamed to say that there was a period in the 70's that it was a leisure suit.

I have never been to a wake, funeral, viewing, or anything else to do with someone's departed that I didn't wear a suit. It's just what you do.

I don't even own a suit. The last time I wore a suit was for a civil service job interview 18 years ago (I got the job, for which I didn't have to wear a suit). I had not worn a suit for 17 years previous to that interview. I am definitely a blue-collar guy.

I attend a large church of thousands and I cannot recall ever seeing anyone, including any speakers, wear a suit. Speakers do however wear long pants, even if it is jeans. It's just a West Coast thing I guess. I wore a suit to church every time until I moved out West.

Like Sawnee I rarely wear long pants. Shorts and sandals almost all the time.

@Sawnee Cat hey bud, looks like I'm going to peter out on the bowl game. I was all game to go when it was going to be the Outback Bowl. I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with Orlando on New Years Eve.

The plane tickets for the weekend ended up being 325 instead of 61. The cheapest motel I could find was about 250 per night. I'm going to end up dropping a grand and I can't help but think of what I can do with that money right here at home.

I hate myself sometimes, but it's for the better. Hopefully

Good morning! I think I made some plans to do something with a friend today but i can't remember what they were. Someone has already called for me to play golf at 1042 so I might end up doing that. I'll tell you what I will not be boing. Mowing the grass. Or, picking cotton. I'll never pick cotton, like my Mother did, and my brother did, and my sister did. My daddy died young working in a coal mine.

Hard to tell much from a game against a friend but I think the boys are coming along nicely. Still can't imagine WHY Sharpe wouldn't play if he's healthy and good to go.

Have a good day and stay hydrated out there. Supposed to hit a balmy 55° here later for about 10 minutes before we get some cooling relief.
Did you get excited there thinking about golf. To coin a Johnny Carson phrase: Did it make your putter stutter.

Good morning D, read John 1.

Delivered a Thin Blue Line this morning to a deputy in Hopkins Co., a really good friend!!!

For you guys in the SERVICE that went to Germany, you ever been a town named Wertach? I saw an article that they have 33lbs. of silver coins in a river there, some dating back to 54-68 ad!

I hope the D has a great day!
Nope on the Wertach.

I worked 32 years for the railroad. The deal was that you wear an expensive suit and tie. No compromises.

I got used to it. I have never, as an adult, gone to church without a suit and tie. I have never, as an adult, gone to a viewing or funeral without a suit and tie. My dad would turn over in his grave if I did that because he would not.

As a fact when I was commissioner and mayor I never went to a meeting without a suit and tie. It is stupid to do such things as I did but it lays down a marker for "respect". You respect church, you respect political office and you respect folks at a funeral. It is really simple.

In my old ways you simply have an image to keep. I am old and stupid but I have "class". Wear a suit is my fathers way.
Never owned a suit until the army Class A's and Blue's. Only own one suit now and bought that when my mother died April 2012 to attend her funeral. Will probably wear it a second time when my step father dies which will not be long now I am told. After that, it gets trashed. I am not big on suits myself, too constricting. Hated wearing the Class A's and or Blue's. Just like my taste in food, I am a simple man with simple taste. I guess you could call me a simpleton.

I don't even own a suit. The last time I wore a suit was for a civil service job interview 18 years ago (I got the job, for which I didn't have to wear a suit). I had not worn a suit for 17 years previous to that interview. I am definitely a blue-collar guy.

I attend a large church of thousands and I cannot recall ever seeing anyone, including any speakers, wear a suit. Speakers do however wear long pants, even if it is jeans. It's just a West Coast thing I guess. I wore a suit to church every time until I moved out West.

Oh, an exibitionist.... 😇😁

Did you get excited there thinking about golf. To coin a Johnny Carson phrase: Did it make your putter stutter.
No, I didn't get excited but I did make a spelling error. It doesn't happen often but I always laugh about it. Most of the time I'm typing, I'm also watching tv. Most of the time I proofread what I've written but sometimes I just hit send and check it later.

I did end up playing golf today. The second person who called made a much better argument than the first guy. I caught up with them on number 4 and played on out. Was 1 under after we walked off 18. Doesn't count though. I'll try to duplicate tomorrow.

I checked out the women's volleyball thread and a poster said he didn't want to play Wisconsin again because they had a freakishly tall player. I looked at their roster and couldn't tell which player he was talking about. They have a 6'7", 6'8" and 6'9". Take your pick. Hell that rivals UK's mens basketball front line. Doubtful they all play at the same time but what do I know.

No, I didn't get excited but I did make a spelling error. It doesn't happen often but I always laugh about it. Most of the time I'm typing, I'm also watching tv. Most of the time I proofread what I've written but sometimes I just hit send and check it later.

I did end up playing golf today. The second person who called made a much better argument than the first guy. I caught up with them on number 4 and played on out. Was 1 under after we walked off 18. Doesn't count though. I'll try to duplicate tomorrow.

Hmm. I didn't cetch any speling errers in your post.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F, partly cloudy and calm. Today's high predicted at around 78°F. Nice, Fog may roll in a bit later.

Co-worker out this morning. Hope we are not too busy.

Happy Hump Day....

I checked out the women's volleyball thread and a poster said he didn't want to play Wisconsin again because they had a freakishly tall player. I looked at their roster and couldn't tell which player he was talking about. They have a 6'7", 6'8" and 6'9". Take your pick. Hell that rivals UK's mens basketball front line. Doubtful they all play at the same time but what do I know.
I watched UK vs Wisconsin volleyball match earlier this year. Badger gals are giants. Definitely would rather avoid.

------------------------------
Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-PIE-DAY-%E2%80%93-December-1-1024x512.png

@Sawnee Cat hey bud, looks like I'm going to peter out on the bowl game. I was all game to go when it was going to be the Outback Bowl. I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with Orlando on New Years Eve.

The plane tickets for the weekend ended up being 325 instead of 61. The cheapest motel I could find was about 250 per night. I'm going to end up dropping a grand and I can't help but think of what I can do with that money right here at home.

I hate myself sometimes, but it's for the better. Hopefully
I can understand, Tampa is a much better venue for a Bowl game. The city is more fun and the restaurants are hard to beat. Plus they have Ybor City. Ybor City is a hidden jewel that even a Nun would take down her hair and have fun in. Sangria flows like water in Ybor.

When you start adding things up it can get expensive. I expect a great Kentucky crowd because so many folks with Kentucky ties live down here.

ybor-featured-image.jpg

ybor-city.jpg

50 years ago girls that tall were put in a circus. But since there are no more circuses around they play volleyball for Wisconsin. I would want to avoid them too.

More than half the time I don't proof read mine I just hit send and let things fly. If the message is understood I am good with it.

Good morning D-League.

Well it is December and the days are getting shorter. I realize life is getting shorter for me as i am deep into the December of my life on earth. Not really a bad thing for me as life has been good.

It's currently 40° and we will have sunny skies as we climb to 72° A perfect day to have a bowl game and just have some fun. The coffee is extra good this morning as I sit here in the cool of the morning wearing my short britches and fleece jacket I thought I had given to Goodwill. I gave my wife a nice reward for finding it.

Well, a lot to do today as we prepare for a family Christmas so I better get on it. The smell of sausage has my spirits high and hot biscuits just add to what should be a great day. Trust all are well and prayers to those who are in need or have a special request.

I love the Old Fashion Trolley Cars

streetcar-ybor-photography.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

2 cups down, loaded up and trucking.

Weather comparable with @AustinTXCat. Will allow more work in and around the outside of the house today. The rest of the week is more of the same. May decide to try and get a little fishing done tomorrow afternoon. Get a day or 2 in before the weather gets colder. Been watching a few fishing shows everyday for the last week or so.

Es ist Mittwoche so...Hump Day! That is for those still working.

Wow, no suits. Even the Hatfield Clan dressed up to go feuding. How can you shoot McCoys without dressing up. That doesn't cut it in the hills. You have to look your Sunday Best.

Pictured here are three armed sons of Anderson "Devil Anse" and Levicy Hatfield: from left to right, Joe, Troy, and Elias Hatfield hunting McCoys

262781733_464045985083652_4424188044800494927_n.jpg

Good late morning to you good folks. I have overnight company again so I am getting a late start. I watched by bluray of the UL football game last night. It is better the second time around.

I really wish that I had caught the Duke lose. I love anything bad that happens to Duke or Notre Dame.

It is an overcast 53.2°F in Smiths Grove on our way to 61° and a 40% chance of rain. A little rain would not hurt us at all.

I can't believe it is December already. Where did the last 40 years go?

On typo's and spelling: you must overlook my horrible grammar and typing skills. My sister was a whiz at language and I was a total dude. I had to have 6 hours in either Russian, German or French for a chemistry degree. I made 2 C's and probably was lucky to get that. Some of you guys have fantastic language skills. I envy that.

I will start pulling out Christmas decorations today. I dread that.

Wow, no suits. Even the Hatfield Clan dressed up to go feuding. How can you shoot McCoys without dressing up. That doesn't cut it in the hills. You have to look your Sunday Best.

Pictured here are three armed sons of Anderson "Devil Anse" and Levicy Hatfield: from left to right, Joe, Troy, and Elias Hatfield hunting McCoys

262781733_464045985083652_4424188044800494927_n.jpg
Speaking of suits and killin' reminds me of a dark chapter in my family's saga I only learned about when I was already in my fifties. It wasn't something my mother talked about with any pride.

Her mother - my grandmother - had an older sister she was close with. The family lived in the town of Augusta, Kentucky. The sister got married and moved right across the Ohio River to a small town there. One day way back in the 1920s, for reasons that my mother claims are still a family mystery, the man came home from work and shot my great aunt dead.

Learning about this story later in life sort of shocked me, so I did some research. Sure enough, I found the guy on the Ohio Department of Corrections website. Not too many details about the crime, but his photo was posted on a page with everyone Ohio executed. One of the things that struck me is that everyone on the page was in a similar suit. I wondered if they recycled them after the "Death Row Portraits."

Anyway, here's the scoundrel who killed my great aunt...

A couple meals I had the last few days...

You can look at this as Spam made of fish with a lot less salt, rice pressed into thick noodles, onion's, peppers, an egg soft-boiled, beef, and a lightly red pepper-spiced sauce...

The Name? O-Dang (My pronunciation.)

263160032_5111807265499479_6734567214085501652_n.jpg

Vegetables as they should be eaten at times...

With an over-easy egg, and some lightly spiced red-pepper paste. Mix it all together and.....eat it!

263283444_5111809455499260_4350414685654941207_n.jpg

Last edited:
What up fellas!

National Pie Day!
Custard Pie, my favorite.
I'm gonna tell you the truth, ain't gonna tell you no lie,
I'm crazy 'bout her custard pie!

If it's good for a man aged eighty three,
Know good and well it's good enough for me!

I'm gonna tell you somethin', don't tell nobody else,
I wants that pie all to myself!

Come on babe and be nice,
I want you to save me a slice!

Says, I don't care if you live 'cross the street,
When you cut that pie, please save me a piece

Well boys, sayin' I have to go,
Can't get a dish, she can't give me no more!
She got to give me some of it,
She got to give me some of it,
She got to give me some of it
Before she give it all away!

YOU GOT TO GIVE ME SOME OF IT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT