ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I hear Grady can shoot and I am no basketball strategy expert but he stands around a lot. May move a bit and get into the flow of the game more. (Just my uneducated observation.)
At about the time I was reading your post the announcers were bragging on Grady for his effort and deflected balls. He's a fifth year player and he plays a lot of minutes. I agree with you that he stands around at times, but they all do if you watch them long enough. They want to conserve energy so they can stay on the court.

They are doing the exact opposite of what Cal wants them to do.

IMG_5319.JPG

Good morning from ATX. Currently 48°F and clear. Today's high expected near 74°F. We'll take it.

Watched some of the game last night. Buffering was a huge issue for us too. Finally said heck with it and streamed Tom Leach and Mike Pratt on audio. Glad Cats won.

Lots of FB coaching changes happening, some blockbuster. More coming, I suspect. Relieved LSU found their man.

Back to work today....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

19-Compsec-EN.png

Howdy D-League. A cold morning for the last day of November. Christmas coming at us fast.

I think the Cats played pretty well last night. Not much to learn from the game, but the core of the team is getting comfortable with each other.

I hope it’s a good day for the D-League.

Good morning D-League

Well I woke up to a cool 39° and as the sun he is a rising. We will have sunny skies with a high of 65° and no rain. Another good day for those who are going to the golf course today.

Today I am going to have to hunt down a jacket. Last summer I cleaned out my closet and put away all of my jackets but a thin rain proof one. They were all UK jackets, about 5 or 6 of them but one was a fleece zip up that is my favorite. I do not have any thick, heavy jackets. Got rid of them long ago. So I must have put them in a box or cedar chest. I may need them in January which is our coldest month.

My wife and I often play a You Tube game where I pick out a video to watch and she picks out a video to watch and we keep passing the remote back and forth. We started last night about sundown, 6:00 PM and at 10:00 we were still going strong. I forgot about the game and didn't realize it until I read this board. But the time with my wife was worth it because we played some old, old ones that go way back. That music was the best of the best. IMO

My mama and daddy always told me son, don't get above your raisin'

I’m out walking and suddenly a light snow is swirling around. Something about the first snow of the season never fails to lift my spirits and I’m feeling that little emotional bump.

I guess deep down I’m still a kid hoping for a Snow Day.
This morning my wife got up about 4:30 and turned on the heat pump. This is the earliest I can remember. We usually wait until January before we need any heat. I could have waited a little longer but women have different inner temperatures than men., I am speaking for myself and my wife.

So much for global warming. My friend in Stranraer Scotland sent me these pictures. Palm trees are all over the area so he says. I need to take a trip to check this out. I had no idea
260464727_4862519190438415_5856008592940659195_n.jpg

257470732_4839202789436722_4897084570264589452_n.jpg

Good morning all and please realize I am currently under-caffeinated. I still go back to the game last night and can't come up with much other than this UK team could be the.............Barber's of da Ville.....though this team themselves could use a steady barber. I know, I know but I typed it.

I’m out walking and suddenly a light snow is swirling around. Something about the first snow of the season never fails to lift my spirits and I’m feeling that little emotional bump.

I guess deep down I’m still a kid hoping for a Snow Day.

I was driving in downtown DC this morning and noticed that light snow too. The first I've seen of it this season. (I work remotely so there is that knowing I "don't get those snow days..." ;)

Good morning! I think I made some plans to do something with a friend today but i can't remember what they were. Someone has already called for me to play golf at 1042 so I might end up doing that. I'll tell you what I will not be boing. Mowing the grass. Or, picking cotton. I'll never pick cotton, like my Mother did, and my brother did, and my sister did. My daddy died young working in a coal mine.

Hard to tell much from a game against a friend but I think the boys are coming along nicely. Still can't imagine WHY Sharpe wouldn't play if he's healthy and good to go.

Have a good day and stay hydrated out there. Supposed to hit a balmy 55° here later for about 10 minutes before we get some cooling relief.

November 30 is the Official Last Day Of Hurricane Season.

This may be the quietest season of my lifetime. In the Spring they said Global Warming aka Climate Change would bring about 15 named storms and half of them will do major damage to life and property. We were told to cut back on fossil fuel or else. I guess somebody cut back on fossil fuels but the reason was $4.00 a gallon at the pump.

When will we ever learn?

261300901_455038899312786_5780687653423349455_n.jpg

Well men, what would we do without our women. Crisis solved. My wife saw me tearing up my office and getting into the cedar chests and asked me what the deal was. I told her I have no jackets to wear and I am too old to buy anymore. I lost them all and may have taken them to Goodwill.

A half hour later she came into the room with a long container like you roll under the bed and dumped them out in the floor. Saved. Saved and Saved again. So this song is for you, my Miss. From the Preacher Man Jimmy Clanton to me to you.

Not only did the storms not increase in frequency, they didn't increase in intensity either. What did the weather channel start doing? They started using wind speeds from high in the storm where they move faster than they do at the ground, where we are. This makes it easier for them to bump a storm up a category and get more viewers. We've thrown some other rules about measuring storms out the window as well in an effort to prove climate speculation.

Hurricanes aren't bad enough on their own. They need embellishment. What a world.

Not only did the storms not increase in frequency, they didn't increase in intensity either. What did the weather channel start doing? They started using wind speeds from high in the storm where they move faster than they do at the ground, where we are. This makes it easier for them to bump a storm up a category and get more viewers. We've thrown some other rules about measuring storms out the window as well in an effort to prove climate speculation.

Hurricanes aren't bad enough on their own. They need embellishment. What a world.

What, no weather/ camera men seen falling and fighting any storms this season?

AggravatingLikableIvorygull-max-1mb.gif

Kingwood8940652.gif

Well, it could happen...

giphy.gif

Morning folks. It is sunny and 47.

On the game last night: my cable, internet and phone are through Spectrum. I get 600 Mbps. I had a perfect picture and no buffering. I guess different areas have different quality streaming. Plus about 5 years ago I hired an outfit to hard wire all the TV’s, computers and cable boxes with Cat5e. It really makes a difference.

I am now able to record off streaming as I have finally found a cheap HDMI splitter that does not pass the HDCP information to the TV to shut it down. It was the 8th one that I bought and finally I got one that is cheap enough to “not” work, at the least for the moment.

I concur to all the anti-Notre Dame posts made. I don’t know why LSU would want the ND coach. Geeze they had a good one.

On this weekends UK games there is one little side note that I will pass along. I took business courses at night at both North Florida and Louisville. I thought that that was interesting.

Good morning D, read John 1.

Delivered a Thin Blue Line this morning to a deputy in Hopkins Co., a really good friend!!!

For you guys in the SERVICE that went to Germany, you ever been a town named Wertach? I saw an article that they have 33lbs. of silver coins in a river there, some dating back to 54-68 ad!

I hope the D has a great day!

Well men, what would we do without our women. Crisis solved. My wife saw me tearing up my office and getting into the cedar chests and asked me what the deal was. I told her I have no jackets to wear and I am too old to buy anymore. I lost them all and may have taken them to Goodwill.

A half hour later she came into the room with a long container like you roll under the bed and dumped them out in the floor. Saved. Saved and Saved again. So this song is for you, my Miss. From the Preacher Man Jimmy Clanton to me to you.

Being 78 years old I don't buy any new clothes. I won't live long enough to wear out the clothes I already have. I told my wife she could just give them to her next guy. She told me they didn't fit him.

*My buddy asked his wife if she was going to give his bowling ball to her next guy. She said she wouldn't because her next guy was left-handed.

Good morning D, read John 1.

Delivered a Thin Blue Line this morning to a deputy in Hopkins Co., a really good friend!!!

For you guys in the SERVICE that went to Germany, you ever been a town named Wertach? I saw an article that they have 33lbs. of silver coins in a river there, some dating back to 54-68 ad!

I hope the D has a great day!

I think it is obvious that ATX was never there.

Being 78 years old I don't buy any new clothes. I won't live long enough to wear out the clothes I already have. I told my wife she could just give them to her next guy. She told me they didn't fit him.

*My buddy asked his wife if she was going to give his bowling ball to her next guy. She said she wouldn't because her next guy was left-handed.
Same with me, I have probably bought my last piece of clothing. I got a couple of sweaters last Christmas and I doubt I wore them one time. I go barefoot half of the day and don't wear long britches except to church. Sometimes I am the only man doing that. The younger folks wear shorts. It is pretty casual.

My wife and I have been watching You Tube videos and actually came up with a game. Last night we commented about how dressed up men, women and young folks were in the 1950's and even into the 60's. Every man had on a coat and tie and every woman had on a modest dress or ladies suit. They sure looked good back then

Same with me, I have probably bought my last piece of clothing. I got a couple of sweaters last Christmas and I doubt I wore them one time. I go barefoot half of the day and don't wear long britches except to church. Sometimes I am the only man doing that. The younger folks wear shorts. It is pretty casual.

My wife and I have been watching You Tube videos and actually came up with a game. Last night we commented about how dressed up men, women and young folks were in the 1950's and even into the 60's. Every man had on a coat and tie and every woman had on a modest dress or ladies suit. They sure looked good back then
I worked 32 years for the railroad. The deal was that you wear an expensive suit and tie. No compromises.

I got used to it. I have never, as an adult, gone to church without a suit and tie. I have never, as an adult, gone to a viewing or funeral without a suit and tie. My dad would turn over in his grave if I did that because he would not.

As a fact when I was commissioner and mayor I never went to a meeting without a suit and tie. It is stupid to do such things as I did but it lays down a marker for "respect". You respect church, you respect political office and you respect folks at a funeral. It is really simple.

In my old ways you simply have an image to keep. I am old and stupid but I have "class". Wear a suit is my fathers way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT