ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Just went out and got our Christmas Tree at the home depot. It was expensive for a 7-and-change foot Frasier Fir - about $70 - but not nearly as bad as some of the rumors I was hearing of big shortages and skyrocketing prices.

My wife begged me to get a smaller tree this year - no kids at home, a fairly modest Christmas planned. I usually go the Clark Griswold route, as can be confirmed by permanent scars in our ceiling where a succession of mammoth trees gouged their signatures.

So, I listened to her, got a compact tree that falls a full 2-3 inches below our eight foot ceiling...And I'm already regretting it. I miss the monsters of Christmases past...

When I was a kid growing up, my dad and I would walk up on a ridge behind town where the woods were wild and scraggly enough that it didn't seem anyone was paying too much attention, whoever happened to own the land, and cut down a cedar to drag back home as a Christmas Tree. Dang, those things were ugly, but Christmas was just as sensational so I guess it doesn't matter that much about the tree.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all the D-Ler's.
Just saw the latest Progressive commercial of people becoming their parents. Funny stuff. Whoever came up with that commercial series for them hit a home run.
I like those too. Some of them have been pretty funny.

Fixin to have my second pint of coffee and dig into some leftovers. Want to know what's not leftover? the 3/8ths of a cherry pie I finished off last night. That's right. Took the pie pan with me to the couch. Never stood a chance.

Chow down D! Tis the season...

259904670_10226639111665907_2865939316224812217_n.jpg

I like those too. Some of them have been pretty funny.

Fixin to have my second pint of coffee and dig into some leftovers. Want to know what's not leftover? the 3/8ths of a cherry pie I finished off last night. That's right. Took the pie pan with me to the couch. Never stood a chance.

Chow down D! Tis the season...
I just polished off two turkey legs and I am fixin' to put six more in the oven to snack on during the football games. I am fortunate in that I have a wife who does not like dark turkey meat so I get all of the legs. There is nothing like a cold one and a turkey leg in one hand and the TV remote in the other.

We still have three pies to go. 1) a chocolate pee-can pie spiced with Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon. 2) just a plain ole' pumpkin 3) a Dutch apple - all home made. A pee-can and cherry never made it past 9:00 last night.

Last edited:
Just went out and got our Christmas Tree at the home depot. It was expensive for a 7-and-change foot Frasier Fir - about $70 - but not nearly as bad as some of the rumors I was hearing of big shortages and skyrocketing prices.

My wife begged me to get a smaller tree this year - no kids at home, a fairly modest Christmas planned. I usually go the Clark Griswold route, as can be confirmed by permanent scars in our ceiling where a succession of mammoth trees gouged their signatures.

So, I listened to her, got a compact tree that falls a full 2-3 inches below our eight foot ceiling...And I'm already regretting it. I miss the monsters of Christmases past...

When I was a kid growing up, my dad and I would walk up on a ridge behind town where the woods were wild and scraggly enough that it didn't seem anyone was paying too much attention, whoever happened to own the land, and cut down a cedar to drag back home as a Christmas Tree. Dang, those things were ugly, but Christmas was just as sensational so I guess it doesn't matter that much about the tree.
We have had a shorter one for a few years now pictured below. Put it up today. It ain't the Griswalds but it will do. Two of the 4 mutts in the second picture. The monster pictured below is 8 months and weighed in this morning at 82lbs.

imagejpeg-0.jpg

20211126-165907.jpg

Good morning from Shawanee, TN. Currently 21°F and clear. Today's high may reach 51°F.

Happy Caturday. Governors Cup! Go Cats and beat dem Cards.

Had fun watching our Cats play UNF last night. Nice little blowout.

Devoured some awesome Thanksgiving leftovers yesterday. Still plenty for everyone. Wish I could stay longer. Short visit this go-around.

I'm driving out to Cookeville, TN this morning and meeting up with a cousin for breakfast. Plan on driving further out near Lebanon, TN and taking a shortcut north up to Scottsville, KY. Arriving at other cuz's place on Nolin Lake around 3 pm CST today.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

NATIONAL-BANANA-CREAM-PIE-DAY-%E2%80%93-March-2.png

Good Game Day Morning

The "Big Bad Cardinals host us for what will be a very important game for the Cats. UK needs this win to show the world they are not pretenders and can rise to the occasion. The Bowl Scouts will be watching.

Woke up to a pleasant 40° with clears skies. It will be sunny with no chance of rain as the high gets up to 65° and very low humidity. We will have a steady breeze off of the Gulf.

The pie Austin posted is one of my favorites. I pretty much like all pies but that banana cream with a hot black cup of strong Cuban coffee will grow hair on you head. I went to the store to pick up some Ox Tails for a new beef stew but 3 Ox Tails were $22.00. That is insane,, fortunately I have some turkey legs to gnaw on during a day full of football.

So go Cats and bring back to Lexington, the 9th win of the season. It is important.

Good morning! Stayed up til 0300 and slept til 1030. Now I'll be good to stay up tonight for post game festivities.

47-42 Cats and to make it interesting...they have the ball with seconds left and throw the hail Mary pass and we intercept it in the end zone to cap off the win. Pretty exciting. Can't wait.

Mom would have been 88 today. The very special Thanksgivings were always the ones that fell on her birthday. Anyway, Mom would always make turkey salad for sandwiches with the meat she would tediously pick off the bones. I did that yesterday. Along with the leftovers yesterday, I managed to eat 2 sandwiches also. i might not be a "foodIE" but I'm damn sure a "foodER".

Basketball game was awesome last night because I don't remember any rink a dink fouls being called. Quite the opposite really. I saw what would normally be a blatant foul go unwhistled several times. Was quite surprised but definitely pleased.

I have bitched and complained for years about the spin moves and crossover dribbles and taking 3 steps down the lane in the name of "Eurostep". My contention was, how can you guard someone who is allowed to carry the ball"? How did they fix it? They just made all that crap legal.

Just like we're seeing in real life. A certain segment of our society cannot follow the rules that are in place for the betterment of ALL society, so they are just changing the rules to coddle the renegades.

This is not a good long range plan.

Soldier on and keep your weapons and your guns dry out there!

Good morning! Stayed up til 0300 and slept til 1030. Now I'll be good to stay up tonight for post game festivities.

47-42 Cats and to make it interesting...they have the ball with seconds left and throw the hail Mary pass and we intercept it in the end zone to cap off the win. Pretty exciting. Can't wait.

Mom would have been 88 today. The very special Thanksgivings were always the ones that fell on her birthday. Anyway, Mom would always make turkey salad for sandwiches with the meat she would tediously pick off the bones. I did that yesterday. Along with the leftovers yesterday, I managed to eat 2 sandwiches also. i might not be a "foodIE" but I'm damn sure a "foodER".

Basketball game was awesome last night because I don't remember any rink a dink fouls being called. Quite the opposite really. I saw what would normally be a blatant foul go unwhistled several times. Was quite surprised but definitely pleased.

I have bitched and complained for years about the spin moves and crossover dribbles and taking 3 steps down the lane in the name of "Eurostep". My contention was, how can you guard someone who is allowed to carry the ball"? How did they fix it? They just made all that crap legal.

Just like we're seeing in real life. A certain segment of our society cannot follow the rules that are in place for the betterment of ALL society, so they are just changing the rules to coddle the renegades.

This is not a good long range plan.

Soldier on and keep your weapons and your guns dry out there!
Nope, they are finding out that coddling the criminals only leads to more criminal behavior. Serves them right though. Only problem is that innocent people have to suffer in the process too.

Some people believe if you allow people to do what want they will generally do the right thing and that we have too many laws in this country. The recent crime spree should show them otherwise but, dumbasses will be dumbasses and they will simply say that this will eventually subside when people realize things will be better.

For Who?

The purpose of a government should be to protect the citizens against threats, from outside forces or inside agencies or individuals. That should be the primary function. Instead, we are lessening the penalties and consequences of criminal behavior because current rules make it hard on criminals. Hmmm.

The left is telling me the best way to handle negative behavior is with positive reward. There is no way that each and every political idea they embrace could run counter to maintaining a civilized and free society. None of this can be coincidental.

No, this is not the typical Bama team. I still think they'll win this game though. Does Michigan winning knock Cincy out of contention?
I think Cincinnati is in regardless. Notre Dame would be in the discussion but Cincy beat them early on. Cincy still has to play #19 Houston (11-1) for the conference title. That would probably seal the deal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT