ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Same here. Only games I've ever had were a flight simulator game and a couple of car racing on the x-box.
Racing games were pretty good...but the flight simulators not so much. Or I was totally spoiled by the real thing.
I tried a Formula 1 game on Xbox, and I couldn't stay out of the walls. Trying to steer with those thumbsticks is a pain in the rear.

I tried a Formula 1 game on Xbox, and I couldn't stay out of the walls. Trying to steer with those thumbsticks is a pain in the rear.
I've got a Playstation II and the only things I ever played on it was Tiger Woods 2004 and 2006 and Gran Tourismo. The only track I would drive is Nurburgring. I got pretty good driving with my thumbs but a steering wheel would have been easier.

I could go drive that track and I would know which curves were coming up at any place on the track. A lot of people crash there with the same knowledge of the track that I have.

I've got a Playstation II and the only things I ever played on it was Tiger Woods 2004 and 2006 and Gran Tourismo. The only track I would drive is Nurburgring. I got pretty good driving with my thumbs but a steering wheel would have been easier.

I could go drive that track and I would know which curves were coming up at any place on the track. A lot of people crash there with the same knowledge of the track that I have.
A steering wheel would be my only hope of doing good on a Formula 1 game. Although playing it gave me a new appreciation of real Formula 1 drivers. To hug those turns as tight as they do, takes some serious driving skill.

As for golf games, I wish they would make a good one with more than a few real courses. The last few games have only had 12 or so real courses and were always missing some of the better ones.

Some people don't like to go in salt water because they can't see what is under the surface. No problem with that on the Gulf Coast

258209740_10225676209473705_9159318468996444592_n.jpg

My only exposure to the ocean was in CA. If you don't know it, the Pacific water is really cold even close to the shore. I finally went to Myrtle Beach and was shocked at how warm the water was.

I lived on the beach at Pismo Beach Ca from 82 to 84. Got in the ocean twice. The first day we got there I ran out into the water and it made my feet hurt it was so cold. I asked someone when the water would warm up and they told me never. I was bummed. I got back in the morning we were going to fly back to Florida to visit her family and I realized I would have a chance to swim in two oceans in one day.

I stayed in the water a lot longer at Ft. Pearce.

I lived on the beach at Pismo Beach Ca from 82 to 84. Got in the ocean twice. The first day we got there I ran out into the water and it made my feet hurt it was so cold. I asked someone when the water would warm up and they told me never. I was bummed. I got back in the morning we were going to fly back to Florida to visit her family and I realized I would have a chance to swim in two oceans in one day.

I stayed in the water a lot longer at Ft. Pearce.
Coldest water I have ever been to was the Persian Gulf. Did 4 days R&R at the Saudi resort of Half Moon Bay and decided to go snorkeling. It was around 110Ā° or more and when I got in the water that lasted maybe a minute or 2. If was freezing, could not understand it. Stayed away from the water for the rest of the time and just used everything else at the facility.

Same here. Only games I've ever had were a flight simulator game and a couple of car racing on the x-box.
Racing games were pretty good...but the flight simulators not so much. Or I was totally spoiled by the real thing.
My game playing ended with Q-bert............I have motion sickness and most games are out of the question.......maybe some bowling on Wii.......

Good morning, D-League!

It's a balmy 72Ā° in Nicholasville and clear for now here in the mini holler. I've got no cell signal at all this morning, and don't expect one until the cloud cover comes back.

Staying warm will be a challenge because it's 27Ā° OUTSIDE... got some more wood to cut but it will be mostly by hand if it gets cut today. Saw needs some maintenance.

Hope y'all stay safe and warm out there!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 45Ā°F and clear. Today's high may top out around 67Ā°F or so.

It's that time of year again. Picking up rental car around noon today. Bluegrass-bound early tomorrow morning.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

lqjtf36c_mens-day-2019_625x300_19_November_19.jpg

Unfortunately, this is what happened to "international men" in the 1980s when their magazine came out...

Warning- link contains International Male catalog

Now you know (the rest of the story) what happened to Bruce Jenner

Don't know if the link works, but some people I worked with briefly ordered from this catalog back in the 80s. I think this might have been the beginning of the end for masculinity. At least the writing was on the wall anyway. Jenner was on the cover once, so that should tell you something.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League...........I started installing permanent electric in my pigeons loft last week........all I have left is to put face plates on the outlets and I am done.........just in time from the looks of the weather forecast.....the pigeons do just fine in sub zero temps as long as you keep them hydrated......and that goes for all animals....they can handle the cold........if they stay hydrated and have good food.......I raised Amazon/African Gray parrots for 20 years in in a pole barn building......only heat came off of the florescent lights which was negligible..........they raised babies every year starting in mid Dec and raised through late spring and summer.......

Good morning from ATX. Currently 45Ā°F and clear. Today's high may top out around 67Ā°F or so.

It's that time of year again. Picking up rental car around noon today. Bluegrass-bound early tomorrow morning.

Wishing happiness and health to all our fellow D-League members.

lqjtf36c_mens-day-2019_625x300_19_November_19.jpg
Oh man Austin. I ain't eating that. This guy might though.

Biden-goofy-gif-2.gif

Last edited:
My only exposure to the ocean was in CA. If you don't know it, the Pacific water is really cold even close to the shore. I finally went to Myrtle Beach and was shocked at how warm the water was.
Canadians and people from way up North like Michigan and Minnesota swim in the Gulf all year long. The average January water temperature around here is 64Ā° I will wade in it up to my waist all year but I will not dive under water from about December to March. I keep my pool heated all year so I can swim in the winter months. I have a cousin who lives in Ohio and they have a large pool and she told me they have to winterize their pool around late September. I can't imagine doing that.

Oh I experienced that California Pacific water a few times. It was cold and rocky. The only people staying in it had on insulated suits.

Good morning D, Read Luke 14 this morning.

I knew there was a full moon last night, got up at 4, looked out the window and the was an eclipse going on, beautiful!!!!

I was scanning through and saw some of the D talking about the BIBLE, there is a lot I don't understand! I often think, if I could go back to one time in the BIBLE, where would it be. I think what was it like when John saw all the things that was showed him in Revelation, the parting of the Red Sea or the day of the Resurrection, just so much happened. I just know I will see JP again one day!!!!!!

WC, went fishing yesterday, caught my limit of trout, 8. The KF&G stock some of the mining pits around here about three times a year. They are not big trout maybe 11-12" long but some of them are thick, good filets. I brought 8 filets home with me, going to fry them up today!!! They are nothing like the 20-24" trout we ctch in Arkansas!!!!

I hope the D has a great day, Prayers for the D and Please keep us in your Prayers!!!!

Good morning D-League

Today's local weather report. We have 64Ā° and partly cloudy. Our high should reach 76Ā°.
Chance of rain is about 6% by midafternoon.

I think I will go ahead and reserve 4 tickets for the bowl game. Outback and Citrus. I received an email this morning that UK is selling mini-packs of men's BB tickets. Interesting, I knew attendance was poor but I had no idea they would be doing this. I pay this much for one game. The package includes 5 games.

HD4cxXBhW7LMAQuo_4bcdOeTp5WqCvUO5HscqX5rpLl7vrxB9djZfTEGIYRRNRORN2-hETeeiFKXZDjWpq3Q3NryqCEIE_gwy6x3LH-x7qDxKkVJzxYo3AjML_wJfQL9ttVL3HqBVWHID5fH0g=s0-d-e1-ft

Good morning D, Read Luke 14 this morning.

I knew there was a full moon last night, got up at 4, looked out the window and the was an eclipse going on, beautiful!!!!

I was scanning through and saw some of the D talking about the BIBLE, there is a lot I don't understand! I often think, if I could go back to one time in the BIBLE, where would it be. I think what was it like when John saw all the things that was showed him in Revelation, the parting of the Red Sea or the day of the Resurrection, just so much happened. I just know I will see JP again one day!!!!!!

WC, went fishing yesterday, caught my limit of trout, 8. The KF&G stock some of the mining pits around here about three times a year. They are not big trout maybe 11-12" long but some of them are thick, good filets. I brought 8 filets home with me, going to fry them up today!!! They are nothing like the 20-24" trout we ctch in Arkansas!!!!

I hope the D has a great day, Prayers for the D and Please keep us in your Prayers!!!!
I finished Mark and will start Luke in the morning. I will be caught up soon. Prayers for you and your family Cord

My game playing ended with Q-bert............I have motion sickness and most games are out of the question.......maybe some bowling on Wii.......
Do you take anything for it? Many years ago, I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease. I got so dizzy a few times that I'd pass out and wake up vomiting every couple of minutes for about 8 hours (mostly dry heaves after a while). It took them a long time to figure it out. One neurosurgeon said I had a tumor and wanted to do surgery. I asked for a second opinion and the second guy said the first guy was an idiot.

Over time I found a low sodium diet and plenty of water helped more than the meds. It is pretty well under control and I haven't passed out in years. I keep otc meclizine around and if I catch the possibility of dizziness signs early enough, it helps. It also helps with an upset stomach which I will sometimes notice before I actually get light headed.

Edit: I almost forgot-no caffiene.

Last edited:
Good morning all. It's a cold 32Ā° out this morning in the Buckeye State. Heading up to 40Ā°. Although the forecast is for a sunny day, it's overcast now. Kind of like last night when I was grilling with the radio on. Weather guy came on talking about how it was clear skies....looked up....and the whole sky was covered with big black clouds. Oh well.

Nothing on the docket for today. Y'all have a good day.

Good morning! Tee time at 1100. Odds are it will be a little chilly out there this morning. I bought a new cover for my cart last week and today will be the first day I use it. On a sunny day like this, it will get pretty warm in there. I think it's because the Sun is shining on the CO2 from our breath. According to recent science.

Louisville beat up on a woeful Duke team last night and their fans are already transferring that to a win over the Cats. I don't see it happening, but, they've beat us before when they had no business doing so. Only you can prevent forest fires!

So Shaedon Sharpe is going to be enrolled in classes for the Spring and will have every right to play basketball immediately. Cal says he doubts he'll play. ??? Even said something about he might not be in shape to play. LOL I find it pretty hard to believe the kid isn't playing basketball every day. Yeah, we're guard heavy at the moment, but why would you let a talent like that go to waste for half a season? The most important half at that. smh

Have a good day! Fairways and greens if you're so inclined.

Do you take anything for it? Many years ago, I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease. I got so dizzy a few times that I'd pass out and wake up vomiting every couple of minutes for about 8 hours (mostly dry heaves after a while). It took them a long time to figure it out. One neurosurgeon said I had a tumor and wanted to do surgery. I asked for a second opinion and the second guy said the first guy was an idiot.

Over time I found a low sodium diet and plenty of water helped more than the meds. It is pretty well under control and I haven't passed out in years. I keep otc meclizine around and if I catch the possibility of dizziness signs early enough, it helps. It also helps with an upset stomach which I will sometimes notice before I actually get light headed.

Edit: I almost forgot-no caffiene.
Your Meniere's effects & solutions are near-identical to DW's. I'd say she was a degree less-affected as I don't think she ever passed out. But a good number of dizzy/balance episodes for hours. Same low Na, lots of water, meclizine, no-caffeine. Also no alcohol. Her balance issues are now pretty-well under control.

You didn't mention any hearing loss. She's down around 50% in one ear. She understands that Meniere's people almost exclusively are the only ones who lose hearing in just one ear. Long before M set in, she had high wax, stopped-up issues, and sounds in that ear. She still has those with the sounds being biggest issue. Those vary in degree day to day. Weather changes have an impact. She describes her sound as a thumping vs. ringing.

Some folks' lives are crippled by M as they remain constantly dizzy with tons of noise. She frequents the Meniere's Facebook group site.

Hang in there.

Seems like every year our Christmas Cacti think Thanksgiving is Christmas. Maybe because we bring them inside right before the first hard freeze around Nov. 1.

Starting into full bloom now. Not sure whether red or white is more beautiful. Never saw anything so easy to grow. Stick a leaf in damp soil & take off. Well-developed in 2-3 years.

Reactions: bertfan31 and awf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT