ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I've been there and met the owner Galen. He is a nice guy. If you go to the section where they sell kerosene lamps, you will see lamp shades for them. We make the paper shades with designs on them. Jan does the printing on a lot of them. Most shades have plastic liners, but the kerosene lamps need glass or paper shades because the heat will melt plastic.
I think I met him one time and another member of the family. Think they like to 'meet and greet' customers.
Went up there one time on a Wednesday (I think) and right across the way, where some of Lehman's parking is, there must have been 100-150 buggies. Guess they have something like a flea market or something once a week. We were going to go up there last Summer ('20)...Cowboy Kent Rollins, who has a channel on YouTube doing country/chuck wagon cooking, was going to be there for a weekend...but it was cancelled.
They did have two stores (don't know if they still do or not), but I remember they had a sign on the door of each showing the address and a map/mileage to the other. Wasn't too far apart....but they also had how many minutes it would take by car....and by buggy.

I've often wondered about Menard's. I've seen a few of their banner ads in the background when watching some Cincinnati Reds games. We don't have them down here.
I spent some time years ago with John Menard the founder/owner over at the Indy 500 practice. He's big in racing as most know if they follow sponsorship in NASCAR or Indy. His son Paul is the NASCAR driver.

They may have a store or two in Ky....but I think that's as far south as they go.

Good morning all.

A little gloomy this morning in this part of the Buckeye State. Starting off at 57° and will top off at 61. Not much on the docket for today. Making a trip to Menards....have a plumbing issue here and also at one of the rentals. I'll do the work here (small job) but I think I'll call a buddy who owns a plumbing company for the rental. A bit more than I want to do...plus it's tax deductible.

For those who don't have a Menard's close (mine's not close but I will drive the extra miles) they're a pretty neat big box store. Where Home Depot may carry two of an item (say a saw), Lowes three...Menards may have four or five. Plus they have a grocery section and about everything else under the sun. Much larger stores than HD or Lowes.

Y'all have a good day.

Menards is the BEST. In the WORLD. A full aisle of wrenches!?! WHAAAAAAT? I usually plan a few hours out of my trips to Illinois just for Menards.

Morning Legionnaires!

61° on tap for today with 20-30mph winds gusting up to 40mph.

Saw something on the internet that I showed the wife and she is freaking out this morning because she is deathly terrified of them. There was an article about the largest Funnel Web spider ever found in Australia turned in to Reptile park authorities. Larger than any ever found before. Top picture is the spider in human hands. Bottom picture is same spider along side a normal sized Funnel Web spider.

8 Legged Freak!

Funnel-Web-Spder-2.jpg

Funnel-Web-Spder.jpg

I like spiders. They aren't Cobra's...

We don't make any of the glass shades. The rest are ours. We make others for them not shown online.
The art work is not ours on this one, but we put the shade together. It's probably my favorite.

I have discovered a new way to get rid of spam calls. It has worked 3 times since yesterday evening. I tell the caller Joe Biden is taking care of me and I have all of the money I need thanks to the U.S. Government. And if Joe does not come through the HO will. Three times I have received "click". It even worked on some car warranty caller from India. And then I block the number.

I spent some time years ago with John Menard the founder/owner over at the Indy 500 practice. He's big in racing as most know if they follow sponsorship in NASCAR or Indy. His son Paul is the NASCAR driver.

They may have a store or two in Ky....but I think that's as far south as they go.
Speaking of stores expanding into new areas I heard that Publix is coming to Louisville, KY. They are testing the market in Kentucky. I am surprised because I am not sure their products will be of interest to people in the Midwest. I thought their limit would be South Tennessee. They are focused on Deep South cooking. Kentuckians usually turn their nose up to Southern cooking. There are exceptions of course. But Louisville, Northern Kentucky and especially Lexington do not seem to be areas a Publix would go over very well. I guess I could add Eastern Kentucky into that mix too because Appalachian cooking is King in Eastern Kentucky. (I love Appalachian cooking)

When I lived in Georgia Publix moved into Cumming and both Winn-Dixie and Kroger closed their doors within 6 months. Publix is dominant down here.

Speaking of stores expanding into new areas I heard that Publix is coming to Louisville, KY. They are testing the market in Kentucky. I am surprised because I am not sure their products will be of interest to people in the Midwest. I thought their limit would be South Tennessee. They are focused on Deep South cooking. Kentuckians usually turn their nose up to Southern cooking. There are exceptions of course. But Louisville, Northern Kentucky and especially Lexington do not seem to be areas a Publix would go over very well. I guess I could add Eastern Kentucky into that mix too because Appalachian cooking is King in Eastern Kentucky. (I love Appalachian cooking)

When I lived in Georgia Publix moved into Cumming and both Winn-Dixie and Kroger closed their doors within 6 months. Publix is dominant down here.

My son in Gainesville sure likes Publix, my youngest too likes there deli. We had a Publix in Summerville SC. They had good items but we tempered shopping there and at the Walmart Superstore to take care of most groceries...

Morning folks. Cloudy and 66.6°F on our way to 70.

On last night's game. I don't like to bitch all the time; however, Mount St. Mary's got 21 free throw's to UK 8. UK was charged with 17 fouls to Mount St. Mary's 7.

Do you ever remember UK going on the road and getting a whistle like that?

Brother @Girthang..............The pot is a Chef's Never Burn 16 quart pot.......it is 18/8 stainless steel........I Googled it and haven't came up with one like it.....but I'm still looking...........we cooked our apple butter for a total of 34+ hrs and it never scalded........the bottom two inches is made of layers of stainless steel with liquid silicone between them.........

Brother @Girthang..............The pot is a Chef's Never Burn 16 quart pot.......it is 18/8 stainless steel........I Googled it and haven't came up with one like it.....but I'm still looking...........we cooked our apple butter for a total of 34+ hrs and it never scalded........the bottom two inches is made of layers of stainless steel with liquid silicone between them.........

Wow. Thank you!

And .... weird. I would've thought maybe they put copper or a ceramic/copper blend in between. Never thought of using silicone

That's how bad it has got for me, I didn't even realize there was a game last night. ...it's a me problem.
I just cant get too excited about the cupcake games....more of a meat & taters game kind of person I guess?

Hey all.

Q. What kind of exercises do lazy people do?
A. Diddly squats

(I heard it, can't take credit for it, just passing it along.)

Wow. Thank you!

And .... weird. I would've thought maybe they put copper or a ceramic/copper blend in between. Never thought of using silicone
Update.......seems like Chef's has stopped production and sold all invetory to Tuesday............they apparently no longer make the NeverBurn pots.......it looks like they are coming out with a whole new line of pots....

That's how bad it has got for me, I didn't even realize there was a game last night. ...it's a me problem.
I just cant get too excited about the cupcake games....more of a meat & taters game kind of person I guess?

Hey all.

Q. What kind of exercises do lazy people do?
A. Diddly squats

(I heard it, can't take credit for it, just passing it along.)
What kind do women do when they need to lose a pound or so real fast?

Piddly Squats.

Well.......this has been an interesting day.
There's a guy that I have known for about 5-6 years. Not a personal friend but a business acquaintance. Really nice guy. Had called him in August or Sept...can't remember which. Talked to him that day regarding a business deal. he said he would call back or stop by but did neither. Called once or twice...sent a couple of emails...no response. So I figured that maybe he got sick...shut down the business...who knows. Talked to him today. Seems he took a leisurely, short stroll thru a gov't building in late January minding his own business and taking some pictures...and...............................
A very interesting story to say the least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT