ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Don't know if anybody is/was a Meat Loaf fan. Maybe one or two songs I liked, but was never a huge fan.
This popped up on my YouTube last night. Was interested in watching it since it was a clip from Mike Huckabee's TV show...which is on a christian network and his guests are normally christian and/or conservative.
Anyway...funny guy...looks much older and a bit frail from the last time I saw (seem to remember that maybe he had some health problems a few years ago? Not sure). But he tells a story about the day JFK was shot...he was born/raised in Dallas. Interesting clip if you have the time.....

Morning folks.

I'm late to the discussion of female singers that had the ability to touch something inside a person.
I saw Eva Cassidy at a club in DC called Blues Alley in the early 1990s, a couple years before she died, and her voice instantly affected me that way. She was from the area and considered just a local singer trying to break out, but clearly had a big talent. She passed from cancer at age 32, 33, in the early 90s and was almost totally unknown at the time, but people have discovered her music since then and she is that rare artist to be appreciated by the public only after death.
I could have picked a lot of her songs to post, but remember how she sang this one live.

Good morning! Listening to the Matt Jones show and they were making fun of Laura Ingraham for a segment on her show where she pretended not to understand her sidekick was talking about a show called "You". They did a take off on the old "Who's on first" skit.

Last week someone had written them that they had no common sense and Matt objected. I did as well because what the guy should have said was, as a group, to a man, they lack common knowledge about a vast variety of subjects.

Dude was right about them in this case. They actually believe that this show takes place and that Laura and her sidekick didn't talk about this before the show. They call it rehearsal in the business Matt.

Turned down a golf game this morning. Wrong guy texted me. I play with him in a foursome but we're not on a one on one game basis. He's too intense and I need to spread him out with two other guys.

Is that enough?

AAQLJJ0.img

This painting just sold for $82.5 million.

AAQLLRJ.img

This sculpture sold $78.4 million.

I'm thinking about selling my big green egg cook table and wet bar combo for about $100 million. Prolly a buck twenty if they want the eggs thrown in.

AAQLJJ0.img

AAQLLRJ.img

I'm thinking about selling my big green egg cook table and wet bar combo for about $100 million. Prolly a buck twenty if they want the eggs thrown in.
Were those "master works" by Hunter Biden? I know he decided last year he was an artist, in addition to a conman and a drug addict and a sexual deviant, and is now selling stuff that looks like it was done by a first-year art student (which he is) for $500,000.

Not being a hunter, I go on what I am told by some of my hunter friends. The coyote moving into this area has also made a dent in many ground nesting birds. Just 20 years ago I had wild turkey in my back yard and the field behind the house. I have not seen one in five years.

There are few or no pheasants in Southern Kentucky. I have seen one in my life in this part of the world and he may have gotten away from someone raising them.
There is a mineral deficiency in that part of the country is what I am told Bert............my foster dad hatched a bunch of them over a three year period and turned them loose on his father's place in Glendale, KY........................quail did great.......but the pheasants wouldn't make it trough the first winter..........and you are absolutely correct about the yotes...........heck, if they take four geese from my back yard.........then I know you folks are getting over run with them.........I hear the rascals sometimes at night when I take the dogs out......

I still have the program for the game. Programs in those days had a score card and I kept score. The Cats beat Temple on Friday night with Guy Rogers as their star. He played many years in the NBA. Saturday night was the championship against Elgin Baylor and Seattle. Adolph Rupp coached a masterpiece to beat that team. Baylor was one of the all time greats. Johnny Cox went off for about 24 points, hitting left handed jump shots from deep in the corner. What a time to be a kid.

My friend has got a banner he made down there and had at the game, the ticket in the official NCAA ticket holder he got (out of respect) from some Iowa fans, got to meet Coach Montgomery of Stanford, and slapped hands with Tubby, Donna, and the team when they got to the post-game celebration. He won a friendly bet with 3 couples at the bar where they watched the Stanford semi-final game. They bet him when Stanford was up big, and he took the bet. So they all bought his drinks.

No real memorabilia though. Just memories, but he loves to talk about it. Heard the story 3 different times

Does the smell of apple butter cooking get anyone besides me ready for the holidays............my grandmother would cook a big cauldron of it right before Thanksgiving.......I have big pot on the stove I started cooking yesterday.....................bought the Director her traditional poinsettia plant this morning.......starting to feel like the holidays for me.......first time for the Director and myself to share bread on Thanksgiving in many years......

I remember as a kid..young adult there were pheasant and quail all over in this part of Ohio. Then, as I've been told, we had a terribly cold winter ('84-'85) that decreased the population. And about that time (I think) the farmers started to change how they prepared their fields for winter...and as Bert said the farm fields were cleaned up and I assume there wasn't the cover/food for them to make it through the winter.

Speaking of pheasants...a few years ago I heard the loudest noise one day in the back yard. Loud and carrying on. Had no idea what it was. Went outside and there was a huge pheasant just walking around crowing up a storm.

Used to hit pheasants every couple years driving in Illinois when I was there as a teenager. Haven't seen a pheasant since I visited there in the 80s and I still visit family every couple years

Does the smell of apple butter cooking get anyone besides me ready for the holidays............my grandmother would cook a big cauldron of it right before Thanksgiving.......I have big pot on the stove I started cooking yesterday.....................bought the Director her traditional poinsettia plant this morning.......starting to feel like the holidays for me.......first time for the Director and myself to share bread on Thanksgiving in many years......
I did apple butter one time over an open fire. In addition to a fire pit we have in the back yard, we also have an old, old stone fireplace that was in an old building that was torn down decades ago. They left the fireplace...which I am glad for in that it's probably 120+ years old. The fireplace still has the old metal/steel swinging bars that they used years ago for cooking.
Put all the ingredients in the pot and hung the pot on one of the bars over the fire.. Followed the recipe but really didn't know what I was doing. Guess when you cook over an open fire you don't really cook over an open fire 😄 When it was time for my homemade apple butter...it was like concrete in the bottom of the old cast iron pot that I hung on the steel bar...directly above the fire. Got just a wee bit too hot. Finally threw away the pot....probably was 100+ years old...couldn't 'chisel' the apple butter off the bottom.

My friend has got a banner he made down there and had at the game, the ticket in the official NCAA ticket holder he got (out of respect) from some Iowa fans, got to meet Coach Montgomery of Stanford, and slapped hands with Tubby, Donna, and the team when they got to the post-game celebration. He won a friendly bet with 3 couples at the bar where they watched the Stanford semi-final game. They bet him when Stanford was up big, and he took the bet. So they all bought his drinks.

No real memorabilia though. Just memories, but he loves to talk about it. Heard the story 3 different times
Great story. I have quite a few items from the 1998 Championship season listed on Ebay. Here is one. It has a replica of the floor and all of the scores for that season. Also the Sports Illustrated Magazine Cover for the finals, with wood frame for mounting in your UK Wildcat Room.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Don't know if anybody is/was a Meat Loaf fan. Maybe one or two songs I liked, but was never a huge fan.
This popped up on my YouTube last night. Was interested in watching it since it was a clip from Mike Huckabee's TV show...which is on a christian network and his guests are normally christian and/or conservative.
Anyway...funny guy...looks much older and a bit frail from the last time I saw (seem to remember that maybe he had some health problems a few years ago? Not sure). But he tells a story about the day JFK was shot...he was born/raised in Dallas. Interesting clip if you have the time.....
"Paradise by the dashboard lights" is one of my favored songs of all time.

Last edited:
There is a mineral deficiency in that part of the country is what I am told Bert............my foster dad hatched a bunch of them over a three year period and turned them loose on his father's place in Glendale, KY........................quail did great.......but the pheasants wouldn't make it trough the first winter..........and you are absolutely correct about the yotes...........heck, if they take four geese from my back yard.........then I know you folks are getting over run with them.........I hear the rascals sometimes at night when I take the dogs out......
The last animals that I killed were two coyotes. They were attacking my neighbors dog and she called "Buffalo Bill" Bert to equal the fight. I got one down and the other limped away and I could not get the second shot as he was about 100 yards away. A .22 ain't much good past 50 yards.

On pheasants and mineral deficiency: I have been told that they do well in glaciated land. Southern Kentucky was not glaciated. I don't know if that is true but it sure sounds good.

Not being a hunter, I go on what I am told by some of my hunter friends. The coyote moving into this area has also made a dent in many ground nesting birds. Just 20 years ago I had wild turkey in my back yard and the field behind the house. I have not seen one in five years.

There are few or no pheasants in Southern Kentucky. I have seen one in my life in this part of the world and he may have gotten away from someone raising them.

That's what's done them in on our property.

Great story. I have quite a few items from the 1998 Championship season listed on Ebay. Here is one. It has a replica of the floor and all of the scores for that season. Also the Sports Illustrated Magazine Cover for the finals, with wood frame for mounting in your UK Wildcat Room.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

But Tubby would never run a fast-paste offense though.

@BBUK ... thoughts?
Notice the tweet is obviously from a leftie...calls them Q-Anon.

That is Corner Stone, not John Hagee nor Matthew Hagee in the lead from watching that video. Amazing that would happen there knowing the connotations. Some do but not too many wear ball caps during any kind of church service. Sure looks like it happened but who was using the church (I am positive it was a sanctioned event.) and was that a planned action? I'd probably look for a comment from either of the two Hagee's in this instance...

I found a couple responses; (I have not read these.)(I won't be able to until later this evening but I will as John Hagee has been trustworthy as I believe his son to be... though men do some things to lend to not trusting in man but trusting in God.

If me, I have no issues with the connotations as at some point you must take actions versus just talk BUT, not in a house of God in that manner.... (I will look for any comments from John or Matthew Hagee in this instance. (Not sure of John Hagee's health as he is getting up there, age-wise. I hope this doesn't harm him.)

I did apple butter one time over an open fire. In addition to a fire pit we have in the back yard, we also have an old, old stone fireplace that was in an old building that was torn down decades ago. They left the fireplace...which I am glad for in that it's probably 120+ years old. The fireplace still has the old metal/steel swinging bars that they used years ago for cooking.
Put all the ingredients in the pot and hung the pot on one of the bars over the fire.. Followed the recipe but really didn't know what I was doing. Guess when you cook over an open fire you don't really cook over an open fire 😄 When it was time for my homemade apple butter...it was like concrete in the bottom of the old cast iron pot that I hung on the steel bar...directly above the fire. Got just a wee bit too hot. Finally threw away the pot....probably was 100+ years old...couldn't 'chisel' the apple butter off the bottom.
no you probably couldn't chisel it out......but.........if you would have taken and put two or three inches of water in there and let it cook over the fire it would have come out...........also never add your ingredients beyond the apples till it is almost cooked down......that helps with the scorching issue....the Director has a special pot that has a multi layered bottom that cost almost $400.....it isn't scorch free but we don't have to stand over the stove from start to finish....

Oh no!

I was told you could stick some water in those old iron pots, put a lid on it, and steam anything out of em. Other option was to take a torch to the inside (with the water) and the stuff might pop out on its own.

Last edited:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Got a link to the listing? He lost the program and SI in his divorce (more or less). He may be interested in buying those

no you probably couldn't chisel it out......but.........if you would have taken and put two or three inches of water in there and let it cook over the fire it would have come out...........also never add your ingredients beyond the apples till it is almost cooked down......that helps with the scorching issue....the Director has a special pot that has a multi layered bottom that cost almost $400.....it isn't scorch free but we don't have to stand over the stove from start to finish....

Beat me to it and just refreshed the page. Sorry to sorta repeat what you already posted

I've been looking for a pot or set of pots just like what you describe for years. Please Lmk what brand you have to aid my search

Oh no!

I was told you could stick some water in those old iron pots, put a lid on it, and steam anything out of em. Other option was to take a torch to the inside (with the water) and the stuff might pop out on its own.
awf...I tried that. Didn't work. Tried everything I could think of (other than the torch idea by Girrthang). Nothing worked. Problem was, I imagine, too long cooking over a really hot fire...too close to the fire. Really didn't want to throw the old cast iron pot away...just because of how old it was.
If I had to I could find the exact date when I did it. It was a Fall Saturday evening. Had a bunch of people over for a cookout and fire in the fire pit and this old outdoor fireplace (cooking the apple butter). Had the TV on outside because Southern Cal was playing Notre Dame in football (back when both were good) USC quaterback scored on a QB sneak (can't remember if it was to win the game or just during the game). Was either Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart.

That is Corner Stone, not John Hagee nor Matthew Hagee in the lead from watching that video. Amazing that would happen there knowing the connotations. Some do but not too many wear ball caps during any kind of church service. Sure looks like it happened but who was using the church (I am positive it was a sanctioned event.) and was that a planned action? I'd probably look for a comment from either of the two Hagee's in this instance...

I found a couple responses; (I have not read these.)(I won't be able to until later this evening but I will as John Hagee has been trustworthy as I believe his son to be... though men do some things to lend to not trusting in man but trusting in God.

If me, I have no issues with the connotations as at some point you must take actions versus just talk BUT, not in a house of God in that manner.... (I will look for any comments from John or Matthew Hagee in this instance. (Not sure of John Hagee's health as he is getting up there, age-wise. I hope this doesn't harm him.)

When I saw the tweet I was certain it wasn't during church services. I would hope. But of course all the media will bypass that. I would imagine 'lesson learned' for a lot of churches with large sanctuaries....don't let them out or rent (if that's the case)...no matter who or what for unless it's a known christian organization you are very familiar with....which I don't think this was.

Got a link to the listing? He lost the program and SI in his divorce (more or less). He may be interested in buying those
I'ma looking........the name on the handle is Chefs...............I have to do some thinking to remember the name of the place we ordered it from........it wasn't a set.........it was a single 16 quart pot.........I will ascertain and report........................

When I saw the tweet I was certain it wasn't during church services. I would hope. But of course all the media will bypass that. I would imagine 'lesson learned' for a lot of churches with large sanctuaries....don't let them out or rent (if that's the case)...no matter who or what for unless it's a known Christian organization you are very familiar with....which I don't think this was.

I do know that pastor Hagee is a staunch conservative. His views expressed in many areas exude his conservatism as well as his son Matthew. I am actually anxious to see anything they may have to say about it but I doubt they say anything quickly. They will make sure they know the facts. That was a rough look though inside a church non-the-less no matter how I feel about the actual..."message"...

If the speaker or those employed by the church are not leading nor encouraging the chant, the wall of separation isn't breached imo. If they are not extremely careful, they will lose their "church/religious org" tax status and be at risk for becoming a political org. Hopefully, they do not need the tax status at this point, because they will likely lose it and spend a ton to get it back, if they fight it.

I sell under jhank_9572. I suppose it would be best to find the item for sale then check out the rest of my current listings. You can go do Ebay and pull up the item. The item for the photo is listed under Ebay as:

Kentucky Wildcats 1998 NCAA Champions Wood Wall Hanging Plaque

My inventory has dropped below 200 but I have quite a bit of UK stuff on there. I am going to list a lot of new items soon. If I know a buyer is a UK fan I usually throw in an old vintage magazine produced by Oscar Combs or Cawood Ledford as a gift.

My profile:

jhan_9572

jhan_9572 (136)
100% positive feedback
Items for sale
Edit profile

Feedback ratings See all feedback

540Item as described

550Communication

570Shipping time

560Shipping charges

150 Positive
0 Neutral
0 Negative

An asset to eBay! Hope to meet up again! Thanks!!!
Nov 14, 2021
  • Thank you! Great seller!
    Nov 07, 2021
  • Thumbs up!
    Nov 01, 2021
  • A+++
    Oct 18, 2021
  • Good service--nice book--thanks!!!
    Oct 04, 2021

awf...I tried that. Didn't work. Tried everything I could think of (other than the torch idea by Girrthang). Nothing worked. Problem was, I imagine, too long cooking over a really hot fire...too close to the fire. Really didn't want to throw the old cast iron pot away...just because of how old it was.
If I had to I could find the exact date when I did it. It was a Fall Saturday evening. Had a bunch of people over for a cookout and fire in the fire pit and this old outdoor fireplace (cooking the apple butter). Had the TV on outside because Southern Cal was playing Notre Dame in football (back when both were good) USC quaterback scored on a QB sneak (can't remember if it was to win the game or just during the game). Was either Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart.

There was a fella that restored old (and those with hard cooked buildup in) pots that used a grinder and sandblasted on the really old family heirloom type cast iron. Did some beautiful work. Steamed em first. Torched em second, then took to the more aggressive approach if that didn't work.

Used to love watching him work on the worst ones, back when I detailed vehicles for money. Kindred spirits in terms of the things we worked on had some rough usage. People didn't bring their Ferraris to me unfortunately. Just the dramatic cases. Once found a 5yr old mcds cheeseburger under a seat in a catering vehicle. Hard as a hockey puck and looked as shiny and new as the day it was purchased.

Man that lady was embarrassed when I told her it would be extra for removing the antique.

I sell under jhank_9572. I suppose it would be best to find the item for sale then check out the rest of my current listings. You can go do Ebay and pull up the item. The item for the photo is listed under Ebay as:

Kentucky Wildcats 1998 NCAA Champions Wood Wall Hanging Plaque

My inventory has dropped below 200 but I have quite a bit of UK stuff on there. I am going to list a lot of new items soon. If I know a buyer is a UK fan I usually throw in an old vintage magazine produced by Oscar Combs or Cawood Ledford as a gift.

My profile:

jhan_9572

jhan_9572 (136)
100% positive feedback
Items for sale
Edit profile

Feedback ratings See all feedback

540Item as described

550Communication

570Shipping time

560Shipping charges

150 Positive
0 Neutral
0 Negative

An asset to eBay! Hope to meet up again! Thanks!!!
Nov 14, 2021
  • Thank you! Great seller!
    Nov 07, 2021
  • Thumbs up!
    Nov 01, 2021
  • A+++
    Oct 18, 2021
  • Good service--nice book--thanks!!!
    Oct 04, 2021

I will pass this along asap

AAQLJJ0.img

AAQLLRJ.img

Top looks like a painting by Rothko. Not a huge fan but I spent a decent amount of time at art museums as a kid. My grandmother was a painter.

Bottom "artwork" is an example of why I didn't become and artist myself. The visual fine arts lost their cotton pickin minds DECADES AGO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT