ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I just turn on the porch lights. Switch easier to find than headlamp/whatever - see lost gas cap - as it never moves places on me.
That's what I'm able to do as well, plus my meat thermometer lights up when it's dark and that's really all I need. Will say though that I don't grill in the dark very often unless I've got an overnight cook going.

That's what I'm able to do as well, plus my meat thermometer lights up when it's dark and that's really all I need. Will say though that I don't grill in the dark very often unless I've got an overnight cook going.
We're late eaters. Plus these old peepers aren't the greatest. Never have been. I need light and lots of it when grilling in the dark.

You really use a meat thermometer? I mean, I know it’s probably the safe , modern, kosher, hip(that’s the one), way. I just, well, lets just say, after grilling, camping and cooking over an open fire, for over 45 years, I haven’t been sued yet. Never used one.

You really use a meat thermometer? I mean, I know it’s probably the safe , modern, kosher, hip(that’s the one), way. I just, well, lets just say, after grilling, camping and cooking over an open fire, for over 45 years, I haven’t been sued yet. Never used one.
It's more of a convenience thing for me. I could easily do without one but nowadays thermometers are foolproof. Just stick it in and monitor the temp without lifting the lid. Even monitor from within the house while typing away on the D-League.

BC, it is really just one of his old clubs he broke off kind of short. He be hep man... 😁 (At least trying to look hep...)

You doing alright? Seems last I heard you were struggling a little with family time. Sorry if it’s not appropriate question. Just thinking about you good man.

Thanks for asking, (This place is about as home as I get except when me and my Darling are alone focusing on each other.) I struggle like a man dealing with three wives. I thought I had it bad when I had my Darling and my two grown daughters were living with me for about two years. THEN they got their own homes. Still dealing with the three wives syndrome but now things are spread apart into three different homes. I never knew I had it as well off as I did... ;)

I have never been one to use the phrase "I don't have time." I detest that phrase as we all have the same 24 hours in a day.

I am a time manager's, time manager. That skill alone has taken me very far. I am thankful but I sure wouldn't mind a few more hours of me and my Darling and less of some others. (But I love them...)

I’m enjoying all the baseball/softball stories. I was a decent, not special, baseball player in high school - a tall, rangy SS at 6’4”, 170, and then a tall, 210 softball SS with decent power in my 20s and 30s.

The one feature I had that was somewhat special was a very good arm. I could play a very deep shortstop which let me get to a lot of balls and still throw guys out.

Then I busted my rotator cuff. I was already 40 and decided not to get it repaired and go through rehab. I just hung it up.

A couple years later, I was in Afghanistan, and my Pashtun translator, a tall willowy guy, started whipping rocks out into the Kabul River with a pretty good arm. I picked up a few and tossed them, but my bum arm was getting little velocity behind it. Too late I realized this was a macho competition for Rafi, the translator and I had fallen into his trap. He finally turned to me and said “Mr Mike, you are big but you are weak.”

I laughed but it was a bit humiliating. I eventually earned his respect, but that’s another story for another day.
I was also having shoulder problems when I quit playing. It got progressively worse over the years. By age fifty or so, I couldn't lift my arm over shoulder height, so I had the rotator cuff surgery.

Thanks for asking, (This place is about as home as I get except when me and my Darling are alone focusing on each other.) I struggle like a man dealing with three wives. I thought I had it bad when I had my Darling and my two grown daughters were living with me for about two years. THEN they got their own homes. Still dealing with the three wives syndrome but now things are spread apart into three different homes. I never knew I had it as well off as I did... ;)

I have never been one to use the phrase "I don't have time." I detest that phrase as we all have the same 24 hours in a day.

I am a time manager's, time manager. That skill alone has taken me very far. I am thankful but I sure wouldn't mind a few more hours of me and my Darling and less of some others. (But I love them...)
I am lucky to have kept ONE wife for 39 years, and she would be the first to agree. I have one daughter, and almost lost my mind over her when she was a teenager. But she turned out great. My only dog is a she. But, don’t tell my wife, but she’s my best friend. But, yeah, estrogen ocean overload. Best of luck to you BB, and then some.

I was also having shoulder problems when I quit playing. It got progressively worse over the years. By age fifty or so, I couldn't lift my arm over shoulder height, so I had the rotator cuff surgery.

My son had that when he was 16 or so. Worst pain I ever saw someone go through. I cried along with him when he woke up from the anesthesia...

I am lucky to have kept ONE wife for 39 years, and she would be the first to agree. I have one daughter, and almost lost my mind over her when she was a teenager. But she turned out great. My only dog is a she. But, don’t tell my wife, but she’s my best friend. But, yeah, estrogen ocean overload. Best of luck to you BB, and then some.

(I may not have been plain in my explanation from your response.)

My daughters are acting like I am their husband and Dad in the honey/ Dad-do department. I mean nearly full-time asks by each.) I've been married for nearly as long as you. My daughters (My two other wives I call them due to their constant bickering and asking for the honey-do things from me that wive's normally ask. "Dad, will you or can you.." is how it starts, but much more/ many requests than my Darling has ever made in rapid-fire succession.) are 38 and 31 now.

My daughters are great BUT, they have to grow up and realize me and their Mom are not in our 30's any longer. My darling and I are both getting worn out by them and their constant requests/ orders. God Bless you and your family...

(I may not have been plain in my explanation from your response.)

My daughters are acting like I am their husband and Dad in the honey/ Dad-do department. I mean nearly full-time asks by each.) I've been married for nearly as long. My daughters (My two other wives I call them due to their constant bickering and asking for the honey-do things from me that wive's normally ask. "Dad, will you or can you.." is how it starts, but much more/ many requests than my Darling has ever made in rapid-fire succession.) are 38 and 31 now.

My daughters are great BUT, they have to grow up and realize me and their Mom are not in our 30's any longer. My darling and I are both getting worn out by them and their constant requests/ orders. God Bless you and your family...
Understand

My son had that when he was 16 or so. Worst pain I ever saw someone go through. I cried along with him when he woke up from the anesthesia...
I don't do well with emotional pain, bit of a baby that way, but I've had two medical doctors tell me I was the toughest man they ever met. I drove mYself to the emergency room one nIght. They brought a surgeon in and did emergency surgery that night. Later the doc told me I was almost totally blocked with kidney stones and could have died. I held off going to a doctor as long as possible. Like I've said before, I'm weird.

I don't do well with emotional pain, bit of a baby that way, but I've had two medical doctors tell me I was the toughest man they ever met. I drove mYself to the emergency room one nIght. They brought a surgeon in and did emergency surgery that night. Later the doc told me I was almost totally blocked with kidney stones and could have died. I held off going to a doctor as long as possible. Like I've said before, I'm weird.

Never anything like that but I have a high tolerance for pain. I can take my pain but watching others suffer or hurt gets to me.

Aspire to be great!!!

255328489_4849511731749548_3532158480377077202_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 57°F and clear. We could see a high around 82°F today.

Great weekend for UK sports, with one exception. Men's soccer won championship game yesterday and punched ticket to NCAA tournament. Volleyball defeated TAMU again. Of course football and men's basketball dominated in both wins. Unfortunately, women's basketball lost to Indiana yesterday. Can't win 'em all.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and good health for all our fellow D-League members.

Bundt-Day.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 57°F and clear. We could see a high around 82°F today.

Great weekend for UK sports, with one exception. Men's soccer won championship game yesterday and punched ticket to NCAA tournament. Volleyball defeated TAMU again. Of course football and men's basketball dominated in both wins. Unfortunately, women's basketball lost to Indiana yesterday. Can't win 'em all.

Monday, Monday....

Bundt-Day.jpg
With all of the talk of baseball and fast pitch softball yesterday, National "Bundt" Day is appropriate.

Thank you folks, I will be here all day. Tip your wait staff and if she is really attractive tip her off as to when the wife is going to be out of town......... I kid, I kid.

Monday, Monday....

Bundt-Day.jpg
Well, well. Thanks Austin I have learned another word this morning. Mama would be proud because she always said try to expand your vocabulary every day. This is what the wise do.

I have seen cakes shaped like this but I had no idea they were called bundts. I just thought they were made in some funny mold like people use for a gingerbread man. Son of a gun.

That would go very good with the cup of coffee I am drinking right now. I think I will tell me wife to bring me a bundt just to see if she knows what it is.

With all of the talk of baseball and fast pitch softball yesterday, National "Bundt" Day is appropriate.

Thank you folks, I will be here all day. Tip your wait staff and if she is really attractive tip her off as to when the wife is going to be out of town......... I kid, I kid.
Bundting is for singles hitters. Back in the day, they used to say, singles hitters drive Chevrolets and home run hitters drive Cadillacs. I guess they all make big money these days.

Good Morning,
A picture of my Darling's and my apartment in Korea. (Just popped up as a memory on FB.) had a Bundt there one time too. A good place, we miss the comradery we had there. It was a close-nit family of sorts. (You may have had to live overseas to understand but it should be easy to understand.)

This was a four bedroom suite. Just a nice place.

46178_537937359553182_1022909244_n.jpg

Good morning D League

I woke up to a very cool, for me, 45° with clear skies. Now the sun is bringing very sunny skies and our high will fall a little short of 70° The pool temperature is 72 so I am going to crank up the temperature in the pool to 95 and hope it stabilizes at 85°. With the sun it should. I don't like swimming in less than 85.

I have a few errands to run today and a bunch of stuff I sold on ebay to get to the post office. Vintage basketball magazines are bringing a good price now. Here is an example of one I have on ebay that is selling for $240.00. I have mine listed for only $139.00 and I bet it is in much better condition because mine is mint. I paid 50 cents for it in 1964.

s-l1600.jpg

1964 High School Basketball PREMIERE ISSUE * Lew Alcindor / Kareem * Wes Unseld

$240.00
Buy It Now
+$3.19 shipping

It goes to show you never can tell.

Have a great day D League

Good Morning,
A picture of my Darling's and my apartment in Korea. (Just popped up as a memory on FB.) had a Bundt there one time too. A good place, we miss the comradery we had there. It was a close-nit family of sorts. (You may have had to live overseas to understand but it should be easy to understand.)

This was a four bedroom suite. Just a nice place.

46178_537937359553182_1022909244_n.jpg
Very, very nice. The floors are beautiful. What type of wood is it?

Good morning D League

I woke up to a very cool, for me, 45° with clear skies. Now the sun is bringing very sunny skies and our high will fall a little short of 70° The pool temperature is 72 so I am going to crank up the temperature in the pool to 95 and hope it stabilizes at 85°. With the sun it should. I don't like swimming in less than 85.

I have a few errands to run today and a bunch of stuff I sold on ebay to get to the post office. Vintage basketball magazines are bringing a good price now. Here is an example of one I have on ebay that is selling for $240.00. I have mine listed for only $139.00 and I bet it is in much better condition because mine is mint. I paid 50 cents for it in 1964.

s-l1600.jpg

1964 High School Basketball PREMIERE ISSUE * Lew Alcindor / Kareem * Wes Unseld

$240.00
Buy It Now
+$3.19 shipping

It goes to show you never can tell.

Have a great day D League
Speaking of Wilt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT