ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Lost a whole freezer full of expensive meat in the past 2 years when something blocked the freezer door from sealing as we left for a short vaca. Nearly a 1/4 locally sourced beef. Glad we hadn't bought a whole side, but still painful. Nearly 1000$ of food altogether
I may have found a local butcher to stock up on some beef. It is a little bit south of me bu $2.00 each for a rib-eye steak is not bad. I will check it out for sure

254085425_1080286266050555_7697044932262512347_n.jpg

Deer forage by smell

deer-smell_1200x1200.jpg

One of these would be a better choice.
50e85358cda2ce54c4876f331f7af5b8.jpg

Australian_cattle850.jpg

Don't you worry, we all know how special you are
MpX9XG8g_o.jpg

Possibly, if your pants are down.

Neither game has been played and this team has enough talent to beat anyone. I'm not sure if I can spell 4fit

Just shoot the ball over their pompous pointed heads and take the game away from the deciders.

I lied, I couldn't pass this one up...

Well here then... take a good snort... 🤭

FDjfyQnWUAAfOWT

I see on the news Biden is going to shut down another pipeline. His Secretary of Energy said fuel cost will rise this winter. But who cares right? He should be opening up pipelines but no he has to shut down another one. He probably promised Norway he would do this when he got back from the Green Conference over yonder. Don't tell me this is not a deliberate attempt to weaken America. No one is this stupid.

If you live way up North let us know how much your heating costs are going to be this winter. That is one thing I do not have to worry about around here. I could live without heat
I don't like anyone who voted for him. He is dumber than a rock and I sure don't want to piss off some good rocks!

You get what you pay for. Do not buy those ribeyes.

Yep, joined the Army expecting to become Rambo and wound up a Dumbo. Got to fly a lot though. I got that going for me which is nice.

giphy.gif
You're our Rambo, dude! I'd take a shot for ya man! Tequila, no 45.
Thanks, I hadn't really done a whole lot of tile setting.....it took me over two years.............
Be damned if I'd build a bathroom that I felt guilty to take a shit in.
Good afternoon to all. Got back a little while ago from the hospital. The Mrs still having problems and they wanted to take some tests and x-rays.

Beautiful day in the Buckeye State. Fairly warm and sunny...and I think it's going to be in the 60s for a few days.

Went to a financial/stock seminar about 10-15 years ago, and one of the speakers was the guy that wrote the book 'The Millionaire Next Door' (think that is it). His whole talk was about how some/many of the trades, etc...you can make more money than in the corporate world. Of course you have to own the company...be successful and have a good reputation. Whereas in the corporate world you can have all the degrees you can carry...and still get 'stuck' in middle management. Plus, the corporate world is not for everybody. At that time, and it may have changed, he said the highest average income was auctineers. Said they know the deals...where they are, etc...and they know how to buy low and sell high (unlike many in stocks).

Y'all have a good day.
I've always been a buy low sell lower kind of guy. I see you up there!
Deer forage by smell

deer-smell_1200x1200.jpg

They are directed to the location to forage by their sense of smell. The act of foraging is mechanical and not olfactory.

One of these would be a better choice.
50e85358cda2ce54c4876f331f7af5b8.jpg

Australian_cattle850.jpg

Don't you worry, we all know how special you are
MpX9XG8g_o.jpg
HaHa
Possibly, if your pants are down.

Neither game has been played and this team has enough talent to beat anyone. I'm not sure if I can spell 4fit

Just shoot the ball over their pompous pointed heads and take the game away from the deciders.
Why so many people scared of Duke? F them! F K! F wimpy blue!
Don't know about heating costs yet...but I've know some farmers around here who are worried about fertilizer prices and the crops next year.
Around here it's all corn and soybean. Of course you have to fertilize heavily corn because they take so much nitrogen (I'm pretty sure) out of the soil. Talk of more soy fields next year than normal...which will affect fuel (ethanol) and meat prices (feed).
Thanks to global warming, more area can be utilized to grow food.

I may have found a local butcher to stock up on some beef. It is a little bit south of me bu $2.00 each for a rib-eye steak is not bad. I will check it out for sure

254085425_1080286266050555_7697044932262512347_n.jpg
Think this same outfit was up my way a month or so ago. Like there...all their locations were at a Rural King.
Haven't heard of an outbreak of food poisoning in this area of the state...so....
Remember the first time I heard the radio commercial, and 20 ribeyes for 39.95. Wow!!

Look, I may not be as old as some of you old dudes, dudes like Bert. But I'm old enough to know we used to celebrate and look forward to Thanksgiving. Doesn't matter what your personal feelings about what the actual holiday represents. It's just a time to get together and celebrate SOMETHING!

I had no idea who my ancestors were when I used to hold Thanksgiving in high regard. Now that I know where I come from it means even more.

Let's do Thanksgiving and then concentrate on Christmas.

Growing up I always considered Thanksgiving to be a precursor to Christmas and the gifts I would give would be food instead of erroneous crap.

I remember my mother being upset that she couldn't give my class the strawberry jelly she had made for them. The rules were the food had to be store bought. Thanksgivingly, her son realized he could give it to friends, they were able to give it to their friends as well.

A good time was had by all.

Now let's do Thanksgiving up right!

Look, I may not be as old as some of you old dudes, dudes like Bert. But I'm old enough to know we used to celebrate and look forward to Thanksgiving. Doesn't matter what your personal feelings about what the actual holiday represents. It's just a time to get together and celebrate SOMETHING!

I had no idea who my ancestors were when I used to hold Thanksgiving in high regard. Now that I know where I come from it means even more.

Growing up I always considered Thanksgiving to be a precursor to Christmas and the gifts I would give would be food instead of erroneous crap.

I remember my mother being upset that she couldn't give my class the strawberry jelly she had made for them. The rules were the food had to be store bought. Thanksgivingly, her son realized he could give it to friends, they were able to give it to their friends as well.

I know where my ancestors came from.

63035325.jpg

Great News on Wallace. Joining Sharpe and Livingston, this is shaping up as one of those mega-talent teams like 2010, 2012, 2015.

Meanwhile, I think this year’s team will take some knocks early. But I think it has a path - excellent guard play and shooting - down which it could develop into something interesting and special. Patience will be required.

Hope it’s a good Monday for you all.
Hopefully they won't take too many knocks. After Duke they play 7 mid-majors before ending the pre-conference with Notre Dame, Ohio State and UL. Now some of the mids are really good teams but surely the Cats can handle them. Ya never know.

Agree 100%. Can remember when Thanksgiving was a major, major holiday. All the stores were closed and all families got together. As a kid...would love to wake up to the smell of turkey cooking in the oven. Mom was a great cook (how many Kentucky born..or deep Southern women aren't?). Everything homemade...and made the best homemade rolls and pies. Everybody talked about/loved her pies.
Now...the great majority of Americans look at Thanksgiving as just a big ol' shopping day...just slightly different than your standard Saturday.

Agree 100%. Can remember when Thanksgiving was a major, major holiday. All the stores were closed and all families got together. As a kid...would love to wake up to the smell of turkey cooking in the oven. Mom was a great cook (how many Kentucky born..or deep Southern women aren't?). Everything homemade...and made the best homemade rolls and pies. Everybody talked about/loved her pies.
Now...the great majority of Americans look at Thanksgiving as just a big ol' shopping day...just slightly different than your standard Saturday.
My wife and I both come from homes that celebrated Thanksgiving. We go out of bounds every year with the food we cook.

My wife and I both come from homes that celebrated Thanksgiving. We go out of bounds every year with the food we cook.
The Director is off for Thanksgiving for the first time in 19 yrs.........we will prepare enough food for a bunch of people......for just the two of us.............then we have the left overs for a week........we are trying to decide on roasting a duck or a turkey.....

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F with patchy fog. 76°F looks like our high today.

Experienced a difficult user at work yesterday. Sent ticket to another group. Hopefully, ticket stays gone. Informed my team I cannot work with this user. Doubt any fallout results, but ya never know.

Go Cats, beat Duke tonight.

FB Cats opened as a 19-point favorite against Vandy. Hope we win out.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

EmYwpF2XcAMS8s5

Last edited:

Nice post. Thanksgiving has always been my family's best holiday. We would come from all over to meet at my grandparents house and after they passed on my mother and father. I was fortunate to be born into a family of great cooks and farmers.

I am thankful for that and proud of my roots. Just an ole' Cracker from way down yonder. I am who I am and I ain't gonna change.
Just color me thankful.
Remington_A_cracker_cowboy.jpg

Good morning D-League.

Well it is another beautiful morning and the best time of year to be where I am.

It's currently 44° and as the sun is rising bright. This afternoon our high will be 77°. I had a nice visit with my nephew yesterday afternoon and he spent the night. He flew down for a business trip in the Big City. Took him over to the Gulf for some nice sunset pictures as we ate at a favorite seafood restaurant. He was amazed at the shrimp and I told him they slept in the Gulf the night before. Fresh and jumbo size. This isn't China shrimp around here. Unless you go to Red Lobster. Ugh.

That little spot above the palms is the moon. Take care all, and thanks again to Bert Fan for his good words on Thanksgiving. I have learned as I watch my friends pass away and at the end of the trail all you have are family and if fortunate some close friends. But only a few have true friends, the lucky ones.

255506354_10109350783930970_8854111788468887099_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully they won't take too many knocks. After Duke they play 7 mid-majors before ending the pre-conference with Notre Dame, Ohio State and UL. Now some of the mids are really good teams but surely the Cats can handle them. Ya never know.
I went over to RR for a bit.......they are already crouching.........waiting to pounce if the CATS lose....they need to put their pitch forks down...........if they win....congratulate them.......if they lose......pat them on the back and tell them better luck next time.........I don't know the names of the team members.....I just wonder who will be this seasons scrape goat............kind of sad really..................

Good morning D-League.

Well it is another beautiful morning and the best time of year to be where I am.

It's currently 44° and as the sun is rising bright. This afternoon our high will be 77°. I had a nice visit with my nephew yesterday afternoon and he spent the night. He flew down for a business trip in the Big City. Took him over to the Gulf for some nice sunset pictures as we ate at a favorite seafood restaurant. He was amazed at the shrimp and I told him they slept in the Gulf the night before. Fresh and jumbo size. This isn't China shrimp around here. Unless you go to Red Lobster. Ugh.

That little spot above the palms is the moon. Take care all, and t hanks again to Bert Fan for his good words on Thanksgiving. I have learned as I watch my friends pass away and the end of the trail all you have are family and if fortunate some close friends. But only a few have true friends, the lucky ones.

I loves me some shrimp........my friend makes the very best coconut creme sauce to dip coconut fried shrimp in..........also.......my cousin runs a shrimp processing plant over in LA....Bayou Shrimp Processing....this sure is a beautiful picture...........

then we have the left overs for a week
One of the things I've always loved about Thanksgiving since I was a child.
Especially the left overs the day after for Friday football games. Back in the day when there was maybe one college game on a week...that Friday of college football was a treat.
.we are trying to decide on roasting a duck or a turkey.....
The 'ex' years ago decided to do duck for New Years. UGH. Gotta know how to cook it.
.I don't know the names of the team members.
About the time/the reason my interest began to wane. Then crushed by Calipari last year with the BLM.

Good morning all. Nice morning in the Buckeye State. Right at 40 outside now..sunny..heading up to 60. Must be a quick front on the way 'cause there are showers predicted for just a few hours late in the afternoon.
So I may get the rider out and do a little mowing before I put it up for the season.

The Mrs is feeling much better this morning. Visit to the hospital yesterday morning and then late afternoon to the doctor. In between I started thinking about something. Now, I'm not a doctor...and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night (or whatever chain)...but maybe I should be. Anyway she mentioned to the doc what I had said (based on reading some medical articles online)....he thought about it...agreed...wrote a scrip....so far so good.
Maybe I'll ask to borrow my nephew's med school diploma and do a little photoshop.

Y'all have a good day.

The Director is off for Thanksgiving for the first time in 19 yrs.........we will prepare enough food for a bunch of people......for just the two of us.............then we have the left overs for a week........we are trying to decide on roasting a duck or a turkey.....
My wife would either get off Thanksgiving or Christmas but never both.

D-League,
Hey, good morning to you all. I'm thankful for another day the good Lord has given me. Starting off, it's a crisp, brisk 41 degrees, heading up to a sunny, clear 72; just about perfect weather. October/November seem to be the best all-around weather conditions around here. The fall leaves are also coming to life with all the orange, reds, green, and other colors.

Bertfan had some good thoughts about Thanksgiving and I take it to heart. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite. Some great memories from my younger days with family gatherings, great home-made recipes (that I still try to make to this day passed down from my grandmother), and most importantly, taking time to be mindful of being thankful to God, who has been so good to me. It's sentimental for me to think back on those times and how things are a bit different now, with many of our family being more spread out in different states. It's not as easy to connect and get together, but the love still remains.

Hey, I saw where UK basketball plays duke tonight; with a very late tip off. Since I have to wake up before 5:00 AM, I will probably not be watching most of this game and will have to read about it in the morning. Lately, I just haven't had the same zeal for basketball for various reasons that I've discussed on here before.

Take care, enjoy this day, and God willing, I'll see you all later.

Last edited:
My wife would either get off Thanksgiving or Christmas but never both.
I don't mind being alone for Thanksgiving.......so she always picked Christmas Eve/Christmas off and worked Thanksgiving and New Years Day.......Now she is PRN and only has to work one holiday a year to stay on staff......plus....it's double time plus.........Wuflu bonus.....hard to pass up almost $1,400.......

I went over to RR for a bit.......they are already crouching.........waiting to pounce if the CATS lose....they need to put their pitch forks down...........if they win....congratulate them.......if they lose......pat them on the back and tell them better luck next time.........I don't know the names of the team members.....I just wonder who will be this seasons scrape goat............kind of sad really..................

I've not read a more accurate nor more concise summary of it.

I appreciate the young men that are willing to take on the hornets nest that this program can become. Takes a special courage, and I'll not talk bad about a player that does so. Wish we got to know them better, but we don't, so I'm not into it much anymore. I wish em the best though.

I'm not a fan of how coach has done things for a while. I hope he has learned from past mistakes, but he is our coach for now regardless. I gotta do my best to support em or shut my mouth. No point in even talking about it for me really

Good morning D-League.

That little spot above the palms is the moon. Take care all, and thanks again to Bert Fan for his good words on Thanksgiving. I have learned as I watch my friends pass away and at the end of the trail all you have are family and if fortunate some close friends. But only a few have true friends, the lucky ones.

The trail does not end here my friend, it forks. God's way is "right" and Satan's way is what you have "left". We have the "right" to chose.

Good morning D-League.

Good hearing all the Thanksgiving stories. We're in a bit of a transition phase in my family, and this year Thanksgiving will be a fairly ordinary day instead of what it used to be - our biggest family celebration.

As I grew up, and as me and my brothers and sister got out in the world and started our own families, my parents house in our small town in Kentucky was Ground Zero for Thanksgiving. That lasted from the time I was first coming back home after leaving Kentucky at 21, until two years ago - a span of more than 40 Thanksgivings.

By the later years in that cycle we'd have nearly 30 people - my parents, five siblings, 15 grandkids and a few great-grandkids, along with a boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever. It was my favorite day of the year, and my son recently confessed to me it was his too - greater than Christmas (he was the type of kid who wasn't overwhelmed by the greed of Santa, but genuinely loved being with his cousins.) We'd have a terrific feast - a couple turkeys and a ham my dad got from the Union, pies and cakes my sister and sisters-in-law would bake, and every side dish imaginable. It was the only time of the year I'd see all my brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews on the same day. For my kids' generation, it was a riot of fun with cousins they rarely saw.

Then, it ended. My parents got too old to host it. My sibliings wanted to focus on their own families. My kids got spread out and getting them to commit became difficult.

This year it'll be my wife and I and one daughter. My older daughter and two grandkids are committed to her husband's family dinner in Kansas City. My son has agreed to work the day before and after in Lexington.

We'll eventually transition to new Thanksgiving Traditions around our home in Maryland, maybe every other year. My target is to get everyone to commit to next year. So, here's to grand memories of the past, and to happy days ahead.

I loves me some shrimp........my friend makes the very best coconut creme sauce to dip coconut fried shrimp in..........also.......my cousin runs a shrimp processing plant over in LA....Bayou Shrimp Processing....this sure is a beautiful picture...........
Only shrimp I will eat is fried (coconut fired is the best). Don't like it any other way.

It is nice to read about the big Thanksgiving dinners. Never had what you would call a big one unless you count 6 kids 2 adults from one family. Everybody else just did their own thing when it came to extended families (cousins, aunts, and uncles). I did have a bigger one once in April of 91. Came back from the Gulf April 7th and took leave. I called my mother just about a week before and told her I was coming home and that during the holiday season while deployed in Saudi although we did have Turkey and Ham Thanksgiving and Christmas I did not get to eat any. Being an NCO's, my colleagues and I made sure the soldiers ate first so, by the time we got to it there was none left. So she said she would do one up for me and invite as many people as possible. Siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins came to that one. Was nice. Only one uncomfortable point of it was the girl that I was dating when I went to the Gulf wrote me a dear John letter 2 weeks before we left Saudi saying she could not take the distance anymore and was seeing someone else. Still being a close friend to my mother (living next door) she was invited and she brought her new beau with her. We were introduced and when we shook hands he wanted to let me know he was the man now and put the squeeze on. That did not bode well for him since my hands were bigger and somewhat stronger. The look on his face after I returned the squeeze made it all better. We did not conversate after that.

6 months down the line he cheated on her and she called and ask If we could get back together. Lol. Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT