ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Apparently Vols and Wildcats fans got a little chippy in the stands yesterday. Heh.

FDjfyQnWUAAfOWT
They say a full moon brings out the crazies.

Never. I can no longer reach them!
I have a 24" fender brush hanging in my shower......we converted a spare room into a large bath......I put in a 6' hydro Jacuzzi and a walk in shower......the entire room is marble, marble on the floor, marble surround on the tub and marble tile on the walls from the floor to the ceiling......
906752_10152712139185014_652001490_o.jpg

I have a 24" fender brush hanging in my shower......we converted a spare room into a large bath......I put in a 6' hydro Jacuzzi and a walk in shower......the entire room is marble, marble on the floor, marble surround on the tub and marble tile on the walls from the floor to the ceiling......
906752_10152712139185014_652001490_o.jpg

Send this photo to Sawnee's wife. Tell her all of his D buddies did this for their wives.

So, Cason Wallace announcing in about an hour. This is the kid I really want to see commit to the Cats. Big time talent. After the mediocre performance by the basketball team Friday and the fiasco with Tennessee yesterday, it’d be some timely good news.
I really hope the young man opts for the Cats. Very talented. He would add to an already guard talented squad. Guard heavy teams seems to be the way college basketball is moving towards but it would be nice to snag a big.

I really hope the young man opts for the Cats. Very talented. He would add to an already guard talented squad. Guard heavy teams seems to be the way college basketball is moving towards but it would be nice to snag a big.
Yeah, the Cats need a big, but freshmen bigs are very often slow to develop. I could see Oscar back, a sophomore Collins being ready, and certainly there will be lots of talent in the transfer portal. I like those options better than a freshman.

So, Cason Wallace announcing in about an hour. This is the kid I really want to see commit to the Cats. Big time talent. After the mediocre performance by the basketball team Friday and the fiasco with Tennessee yesterday, it’d be some timely good news.
Guess we got him. Go Cats!

Great News on Wallace. Joining Sharpe and Livingston, this is shaping up as one of those mega-talent teams like 2010, 2012, 2015.

Meanwhile, I think this year’s team will take some knocks early. But I think it has a path - excellent guard play and shooting - down which it could develop into something interesting and special. Patience will be required.

Hope it’s a good Monday for you all.

When will I ever learn? I put out some very nice hibiscus plants a few days ago to give the yard a little color during these winter months. The colors were bright and sharp and the plant a very dark, healthy looking green. Everything was nice and in order.

Now I know hibiscus are a favorite of deer and I know deer visit my property every night and I know this and I know that. But dumb me decided to give it a try and hope for the best. They completely stripped it and now I have nothing left but limbs.

So today I dig them up and see if they can be salvaged. I doubt they can. This is how they look this morning. ( Not my photo but an example )

iu

When will I ever learn? I put out some very nice hibiscus plants a few days ago to give the yard a little color during these winter months. The colors were bright and sharp and the plant a very dark, healthy looking green. Everything was nice and in order.

Now I know hibiscus are a favorite of deer and I know deer visit my property every night and I know this and I know that. But dumb me decided to give it a try and hope for the best. They completely stripped it and now I have nothing left but limbs.

So today I dig them up and see if they can be salvaged. I doubt they can. This is how they look this morning. ( Not my photo but an example )

iu

"Into each life a little rein-deer must fall..."

iu
I think you might end up being ok with the Hibiscus. Same thing happened to mine; critters stripped it bare, seemingly overnight. I left it alone for a week or two and, now, the leaves came exploding back into form and the plant looks healthy again. I just have to remember to keep it out of the colder nights, since Hibiscus thrive in hotter weather. Mine are in large pots, so fortunately, I can move them easily. but yeah, maybe give it some time and see if those leaves come back to life

D-League,
What's going on this morning? It's currently 43 degrees here under a crystal clear, brilliant sun; supposed to be like this all day with a high temp of 71 degrees later on. What do you all think about that? My tennis league plays tonight, so I'll be there, ready to go.

Speaking of plants, it seems like my tomato, bell pepper, pablano peppers, etc....are starting to wind down for the season; I may consider some fall plants/veggies to put out. I grew 4 different varieties of tomato this season and had a great time utilizing nearly all of them for cooking and making my personal recipe salsa that I've been trying to per-fect.

Have a nice day and make the best of it.

"Into each life a little rein-deer must fall..."
When your property backs up to a "wildlife preserve" you are not going to grow much of anything. I know that and anyone with sense knows that. I don't want to put barbed wire around plants in my yard and fox urine does not work to keep them away. So I am in a pickle.

I guess I can consider myself lucky because a neighbor up the road had an entire lawn wiped out over night by wild hogs. Those things are the devil around here.

I need me a pet panther.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teQKTe0CYaRMr-1QTUAsAnqA

D-League,
What's going on this morning? It's currently 43 degrees here under a crystal clear, brilliant sun; supposed to be like this all day with a high temp of 71 degrees later on. What do you all think about that? My tennis league plays tonight, so I'll be there, ready to go.

Speaking of plants, it seems like my tomato, bell pepper, pablano peppers, etc....are starting to wind down for the season; I may consider some fall plants/veggies to put out. I grew 4 different varieties of tomato this season and had a great time utilizing nearly all of them for cooking and making my personal recipe salsa that I've been trying to per-fect.

Have a nice day and make the best of it.
I am enjoying banana peppers that I have growing on the south side of the house. Fried up a mess yesterday and had it with rice and tomato gravy. Black eye peas on the side with hamburger steaks.

My freezer in the garage went out and bit the dust. It is 30 years old so about time. The bad thing is I had it packed with meat and a few other things. So today I start looking for a new freezer.

I am enjoying banana peppers that I have growing on the south side of the house. Fried up a mess yesterday and had it with rice and tomato gravy. Black eye peas on the side with hamburger steaks.

My freezer in the garage went out and bit the dust. It is 30 years old so about time. The bad thing is I had it packed with meat and a few other things. So today I start looking for a new freezer.
That right there is a solid, southern dinner. You know, that kind of motivates me to make rice/tomato gravy one night this week. Thanks for the tip....

Speaking of freezers going out, mine is also about to blow. It's over 25 years old. My wife is on the lookout for one of those new-fangled, fancy freezers with all the gadgets and buttons. We went out looking a couple of times and the store workers there told us that they just don't make them to last like the old ones; most of them start having things go wrong within 5- 7 years, we were told.

Great News on Wallace. Joining Sharpe and Livingston, this is shaping up as one of those mega-talent teams like 2010, 2012, 2015.

Meanwhile, I think this year’s team will take some knocks early. But I think it has a path - excellent guard play and shooting - down which it could develop into something interesting and special. Patience will be required.

Hope it’s a good Monday for you all.
Offense is hit or miss (pun intended) and one bad day could ruin your playoff run. Add good defense with it and you can offset a bad offensive day.

That right there is a solid, southern dinner. You know, that kind of motivates me to make rice/tomato gravy one night this week. Thanks for the tip....

Speaking of freezers going out, mine is also about to blow. It's over 25 years old. My wife is on the lookout for one of those new-fangled, fancy freezers with all the gadgets and buttons. We went out looking a couple of times and the store workers there told us that they just don't make them to last like the old ones; most of them start having things go wrong within 5- 7 years, we were told.
I will replace mine with just a basic freezer. No whistle or bells just something to put in the garage to freeze food. I don't want an app on my phone to regulate the temperature. I will put it on zero and close the door

Offense is hit or miss (pun intended) and one bad day could ruin your playoff run. Add good defense with it and you can offset a bad offensive day.
A long way to go for this year's team on both ends of the floor. But the optimistic outlook is a characteristically strong Calipari defensive team and an offensive team that resembles some of the smaller, more perimeter-oriented champions of recent years - Villanova, Virginia, Baylor. Those teams succeeded without a massive talent in the paint -- in fact, beat teams that did have NBA-level interior players with superior firepower from the wings.

Morning Legionnaires!

52° to start off the morning. Going to be mid to high 70's for the high the next few days. 60's after that. Normal for around here. It gets cold starting about mid Dec to early Jan. The wind is the only thing around this time that is bothersome to most. It makes the 50 and 60's day fell a lot colder.

Never had a Harvey Wallbanger. Why do they call it a wallbanger? Do you bang your head on the wall afer drinking them?

A long way to go for this year's team on both ends of the floor. But the optimistic outlook is a characteristically strong Calipari defensive team and an offensive team that resembles some of the smaller, more perimeter-oriented champions of recent years - Villanova, Virginia, Baylor. Those teams succeeded without a massive talent in the paint -- in fact, beat teams that did have NBA-level interior players with superior firepower from the wings.
This is what I am counting on. If the defense is the normal Calipari defense and the shooting is improved (it looks to be so) then it should be a good team but, their reaction to the early knocks will determine how the team ends the season.

I will replace mine with just a basic freezer. No whistle or bells just something to put in the garage to freeze food. I don't want an app on my phone to regulate the temperature. I will put it on zero and close the door
Speaking of freezers, my wife and I unloaded both of ours yesterday afternoon and got rid of all of the excess ice hanging around taking up to about 1/5th of the space in them and getting rid of all of the frost bit food (a lot). Have not done that in a while. Preparing room for a couple of Turkeys, Hams, and other meat in preparation for the holidays so as not to have to go out much later on. Forget sometimes about some of the stuff we put in there. Lost some good stuff to frostbite.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT