ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This is what I am counting on. If the defense is the normal Calipari defense and the shooting is improved (it looks to be so) then it should be a good team but, their reaction to the early knocks will determine how the team ends the season.
I plan to repeat the mantra tomorrow: "It's November 9, its Nov. 9" all night long if the Cats get off to a slow start in the Duke game.

I'll hope its like 2019, where the Cats got crushed by Duke in the first game, but by the end were an uncharacteristically bad shooting night by Herro and a silent whistle (no foul shots in the final eight minutes of regulation) from the Final Four, while Duke barely survived the Round of 32 and flopped short of the FF.

I plan to repeat the mantra tomorrow: "It's November 9, its Nov. 9" all night long if the Cats get off to a slow start in the Duke game.

I'll hope its like 2019, where the Cats got crushed by Duke in the first game, but by the end were an uncharacteristically bad shooting night by Herro and a silent whistle (no foul shots in the final eight minutes of regulation) from the Final Four, while Duke barely survived the Round of 32 and flopped short of the FF.
If we play poorly and lose big I may officially call for a move to change the Harvey Wallbanger National day to tomorrow and drink a few in mourning and in the next morning.

Speaking of freezers, my wife and I unloaded both of ours yesterday afternoon and got rid of all of the excess ice hanging around taking up to about 1/5th of the space in them and getting rid of all of the frost bit food (a lot). Have not done that in a while. Preparing room for a couple of Turkeys, Hams, and other meat in preparation for the holidays so as not to have to go out much later on. Forget sometimes about some of the stuff we put in there. Lost some good stuff to frostbite.

I despise wasting food. My darling and I recently did the same thing. Lost a couple of real good steaks too.

I have a 24" fender brush hanging in my shower......we converted a spare room into a large bath......I put in a 6' hydro Jacuzzi and a walk in shower......the entire room is marble, marble on the floor, marble surround on the tub and marble tile on the walls from the floor to the ceiling......
906752_10152712139185014_652001490_o.jpg
That looks fantastic awf. Great job.

It is another sunny day. It is 45.9°F and we are on our way to 70° today. We did not get any frost this morning, the first day in five without frost.

I got my plumbing job done yesterday and I am happy. The two guys got into plumbing after college. One has a degree in finance, and he moon lights as a financial consultant. The junior partner has an engineering degree but did not like the work, so they are now owners of a plumbing company. It is strange how we go from one expectation to a totally different reality.

I can get behind that, especially since I don't think we have a prayer Tuesday unless Duke hands it to us on a silver platter.

I despise wasting food. My darling and I recently did the same thing. Lost a couple of real good steaks too.

Lost a whole freezer full of expensive meat in the past 2 years when something blocked the freezer door from sealing as we left for a short vaca. Nearly a 1/4 locally sourced beef. Glad we hadn't bought a whole side, but still painful. Nearly 1000$ of food altogether

I have a 24" fender brush hanging in my shower......we converted a spare room into a large bath......I put in a 6' hydro Jacuzzi and a walk in shower......the entire room is marble, marble on the floor, marble surround on the tub and marble tile on the walls from the floor to the ceiling......
906752_10152712139185014_652001490_o.jpg

Saw something like that in Rome years ago. Haven't seen something that cool until now. That looks gorgeous!

We had some guests a number of years ago staying with us for a few days who were from Peru. They could not believe that we have a clock in every room of the house. Either on the wall or on a table. They must have mentioned it 3 or 4 times while here. Maybe having more than one clock in Peru is a big deal. Don't know.

Not everyone has the time that Americans do

D-League,
Hey everyone, how's it going out there? I hope it's good where you are. The sun is shining brightly with crystal clear, cobalt blue skies and mild temps. I mowed yesterday and hopefully only have a time or two left for this year before the grass goes dormant.

Man, what a bummer with that UK football game last night. In the prediction thread, I had the vols 34-24, so at least UK held it closer than that, but still, it stings losing to them AGAIN. I took some heat for mentioning that the vols are improving quickly and were much better than their record indicated. they're very athletic, very fast, and when they play smart football, they showed they can play with the best of them. UK, it seems is headed for another crappy bowl game ( I'll see you at the Billy Bob's Auto Parts Bowl).

At church this morning, several of my friends who are die-hard vol fans seemed indifferent about beating UK; like it's no big deal, like it's expected and not worth worrying about. I live between Cleveland, TN and Chattanooga area, so I'm kinda surrounded by them. All the talk was about Georgia next week. Same at work, with many of my vol colleagues skipping over the UK game and jumping to worrying about UGA the next week. That's how little most of them think of UK, i.e. insignificant.

At least the Atlanta Braves won the World Series; I can enjoy that for a while. Anyway, I'm going to get outside and enjoy this nearly perfect weather, sunny skies, high in the 60s. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

They weren't skipping last year. They were silent and somber. Same the last time we beat them.

They flat out were lucky to get out of us what they got Saturday or we beat em by plenty. Fact is that I'm not worried about UT either, so at least we have that in common with them.

UK can not stand prosperity. Especially against the Vols. How many years have we had the superior team and just blew it. UT fans say the own us and it is mental. I have never talked to one, no matter what the record, who thought they would lose to UK. I am just thankful I do not live amongst them. UK has not won two straight games against UT since 1976 and 1977.

It's that disgusting orange color. Should be banned, but how else do you hide the jumpsuits under them?

Morning Legionnaires!

Went to bed past midnight last night. Have not done that in...well, I can't remember the last time. The game had me all flustered I guess. Most of the time with games like this I get to yelling and the dogs get scared. Something inside me told me it was coming and to get prepared. Many years of disappointment I guess.

The only thing that helped (not much) was the fact that UL lost. Nice national day reference @AustinTXCat. Bittersweet that is.

Funny thing about this game is that I had a feeling we'd lose before the game started. After a few of the ridiculous missed calls and bad flags, I said **** it, and went to bed rather than watch it. I knew that even if we were close at the end or took the lead at the very end, a mysterious flag would erase the victory.

Best sleep I've had when we've lost a FB game. Best decision I've made surrounding FB in some time.

What I have to say HERE and not among the legion of doomsayers in the football board... is this-

I feel about UT today the way I felt about UF the 2 close games we lost just before getting over the hump against them. The refs screwed us out of at least one, and we did it to ourselves on the other IIRC. But I KNEW we were ready to pass them on the totem pole back then, and I feel the same way with UTurd.

We have played our worst game agains them and STILL could and should have beaten them.

Slow and steady wins this kinda race. Keep recruiting. Keep building. We'll get better and better while this staff is here. We HAVE TO finish strong though to keep our class intact.

NEED TO DESTROY SOME PEOPLE THE NEXT 3 GAMES.

Here is some perspective on the game. The Browns only ran 15 plays in the first half. Cincy ran 42 plays and are behind 24-10. That is what I am talking about. Looks like UK from last night.

We were talking about this very thing while grabbing brunch at a pub yesterday. I can't count the number of times the Cincy and UK games mirror each other. It's creepy

Good morning D-League. It's currently a frosty 33° and clear here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring sunny skies and a welcome high of 68°.

Everyone stay safe on this Monday.

australia-beautiful-places-sydney-harbour.jpg
Cool that the opera house sails appear to be different colors, particularly blue. Tiles are various shades of cream to white. Don't know if they still have climbs across the top of the bridge with Oz in permanent lockdown.

It is another sunny day. It is 45.9°F and we are on our way to 70° today. We did not get any frost this morning, the first day in five without frost.

I got my plumbing job done yesterday and I am happy. The two guys got into plumbing after college. One has a degree in finance, and he moon lights as a financial consultant. The junior partner has an engineering degree but did not like the work, so they are now owners of a plumbing company. It is strange how we go from one expectation to a totally different reality.
Yep, joined the Army expecting to become Rambo and wound up a Dumbo. Got to fly a lot though. I got that going for me which is nice.

giphy.gif

Funny thing about this game is that I had a feeling we'd lose before the game started. After a few of the ridiculous missed calls and bad flags, I said **** it, and went to bed rather than watch it. I knew that even if we were close at the end or took the lead at the very end, a mysterious flag would erase the victory.

Best sleep I've had when we've lost a FB game. Best decision I've made surrounding FB in some time.

What I have to say HERE and not among the legion of doomsayers in the football board... is this-

I feel about UT today the way I felt about UF the 2 close games we lost just before getting over the hump against them. The refs screwed us out of at least one, and we did it to ourselves on the other IIRC. But I KNEW we were ready to pass them on the totem pole back then, and I feel the same way with UTurd.

We have played our worst game agains them and STILL could and should have beaten them.

Slow and steady wins this kinda race. Keep recruiting. Keep building. We'll get better and better while this staff is here. We HAVE TO finish strong though to keep our class intact.

NEED TO DESTROY SOME PEOPLE THE NEXT 3 GAMES.
Make up for it by drumming UL and all is forgiven.

Bert was talking about his plumbers............I worked for F. J. Schaefer Construction for many years................ Frank graduated from Xavier University............with a degree in Chemistry...........he built a very successful construction company from scratch......still going today.......it's not what your have learned........it's how you apply it.......

Good afternoon to all. Got back a little while ago from the hospital. The Mrs still having problems and they wanted to take some tests and x-rays.

Beautiful day in the Buckeye State. Fairly warm and sunny...and I think it's going to be in the 60s for a few days.

Went to a financial/stock seminar about 10-15 years ago, and one of the speakers was the guy that wrote the book 'The Millionaire Next Door' (think that is it). His whole talk was about how some/many of the trades, etc...you can make more money than in the corporate world. Of course you have to own the company...be successful and have a good reputation. Whereas in the corporate world you can have all the degrees you can carry...and still get 'stuck' in middle management. Plus, the corporate world is not for everybody. At that time, and it may have changed, he said the highest average income was auctineers. Said they know the deals...where they are, etc...and they know how to buy low and sell high (unlike many in stocks).

Y'all have a good day.

Thanks, I hadn't really done a whole lot of tile setting.....it took me over two years.............

Well, looks like it really paid off taking your time and doing it right.
My brother's like that. Does his work slow...but it's beautiful when he gets done...it's done right. He was an architect/home designer (had a couple of projects years back in Architectural Digest...one had a suspended dining room floor of plexiglass over an indoor pond and stream...really something). He totally remodeled his house. Built about 1900 and it's gorgeous inside.
Me...do most all my own work. Totally remodeled our house (built circa 1857). Everybody says it's really nice, etc...but unlike by bro' and awf...once I start a project, no matter what or the size of it...I HAVE to get it done. One, I don't like the mess and the unfinished look(s)...and two I want to see the finished project.

I think you might end up being ok with the Hibiscus. Same thing happened to mine; critters stripped it bare, seemingly overnight. I left it alone for a week or two and, now, the leaves came exploding back into form and the plant looks healthy again. I just have to remember to keep it out of the colder nights, since Hibiscus thrive in hotter weather. Mine are in large pots, so fortunately, I can move them easily. but yeah, maybe give it some time and see if those leaves come back to life
Deer forage by smell

deer-smell_1200x1200.jpg

I need me a pet panther.

One of these would be a better choice.
50e85358cda2ce54c4876f331f7af5b8.jpg

Australian_cattle850.jpg

I don't post much anywhere but here for a while now. I read some and like some posts in other forums but rarely post.
Don't you worry, we all know how special you are
MpX9XG8g_o.jpg

Do you bang your head on the wall afer drinking them?
Possibly, if your pants are down.
Neither game has been played and this team has enough talent to beat anyone. I'm not sure if I can spell 4fit
I can get behind that, especially since I don't think we have a prayer Tuesday unless Duke hands it to us on a silver platter.
Just shoot the ball over their pompous pointed heads and take the game away from the deciders.

I see on the news Biden is going to shut down another pipeline. His Secretary of Energy said fuel cost will rise this winter. But who cares right? He should be opening up pipelines but no he has to shut down another one. He probably promised Norway he would do this when he got back from the Green Conference over yonder. Don't tell me this is not a deliberate attempt to weaken America. No one is this stupid.

If you live way up North let us know how much your heating costs are going to be this winter. That is one thing I do not have to worry about around here. I could live without heat

I see on the news Biden is going to shut down another pipeline. His Secretary of Energy said fuel cost will rise this winter. But who cares right? He should be opening up pipelines but no he has to shut down another one. He probably promised Norway he would do this when he got back from the Green Conference over yonder. Don't tell me this is not a deliberate attempt to weaken America. No one is this stupid.

If you live way up North let us know how much your heating costs are going to be this winter. That is one thing I do not have to worry about around here. I could live without heat
Don't know about heating costs yet...but I've know some farmers around here who are worried about fertilizer prices and the crops next year.
Around here it's all corn and soybean. Of course you have to fertilize heavily corn because they take so much nitrogen (I'm pretty sure) out of the soil. Talk of more soy fields next year than normal...which will affect fuel (ethanol) and meat prices (feed).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT