ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saw “Bullitt” again recently. Steve McQueen, young Jacqueline Bissett, and a Highland Green 1968 Ford Mustang. Top five car chase scene.. That movie had it all.

I wrote to my friend and stated, that movie did not have it all. I didn't have trains, or trucks, or Momma, or gettin drunk... (I had to do it in memory of David Allen's song...)

Back when I was in H.S. here in Ohio...Ohio had 'Near Beer' but up here it was 3.2% alcohol. Some called it Near Beer and others just 3.2. You could get it/drink it at 18. Didn't know/pay attention to alcohol laws while I was that young...was kind of disappointed when I got to Lexington and you had to be 21 because it was all 6.0.....no 3.2.
I remember back in the 70s going to reds games and they only sold 3.2 beer. sat through many double headers gagging that stuff down. i don’t remember the year they started selling 6% but i was damn glad when they did.

245774307_172871458330120_5773656031783152962_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 41°F and clear. Crisp. Today's high may reach 65°F. Fall definitely here. About time.

Basketball game tonight. Go Cats!

UK Volleyball lost first SEC match of season last night. South Carolina won in 5 sets. Bah. Ladies play USCjr again tonight in Columbia. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

f4774e898421442cbbc23a2e12830f0a.jpg

So......I dug up the Elephant Ear plants that we have in front of the house.......and cut down my banana trees........I cover the trunks of them up with leaves till next March.........curious thing is......the banana tree had just started blooming the first of September.......the Elephant ears were the last of Sept......they both normally start blooming about the middle of July..........as most on here know......I raise and fly homing pigeons.........normally they are finished molting by the end of October.........my loft looks like there was one hell of a pillow fight........and it will be another three weeks or so before they finish up......over my 60+ yrs of raising pigeons I don't remember my birds being this late into the season with their molt.....I traditionally start pairing my birds up Thanksgiving weekend for the coming year..........I won't be able to start that early this year...........just seems curious to me.......why things...........nature wise seems delayed.......unless it is because of the Wuflu........

So......I dug up the Elephant Ear plants that we have in front of the house.......and cut down my banana trees........I cover the trunks of them up with leaves till next March.........curious thing is......the banana tree had just started blooming the first of September.......the Elephant ears were the last of Sept......they both normally start blooming about the middle of July..........as most on here know......I raise and fly homing pigeons.........normally they are finished molting by the end of October.........my loft looks like there was one hell of a pillow fight........and it will be another three weeks or so before they finish up......over my 60+ yrs of raising pigeons I don't remember my birds being this late into the season with their molt.....I traditionally start pairing my birds up Thanksgiving weekend for the coming year..........I won't be able to start that early this year...........just seems curious to me.......why things...........nature wise seems delayed.......unless it is because of the Wuflu........

Our fig had just started fruiting in September also. Now the frost may have killed it. Weird that it tool so long and actually put out fruit. It's probably because of all of the crap they've been spraying to alter "the climate" at will

Good morning from ATX. Currently 41°F and clear. Crisp. Today's high may reach 65°F. Fall definitely here. About time.

Basketball game tonight. Go Cats!

UK Volleyball lost first SEC match of season last night. South Carolina won in 5 sets. Bah. Ladies play USCjr again tonight in Columbia. Go Cats!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

f4774e898421442cbbc23a2e12830f0a.jpg
Must be police officers pushing for all of these days.

Good Friday Morning

Woke up this morning to a hard rain that is blowing off of the Gulf and it will bring a little cold front that may drop us into the low 40's by Sunday. We have 61 now and the high today will be 66°. There are gale winds and it is going to rain all day long. No complaints from me.

I enjoyed a nice concert last night. I tell you that 19 year old girl from Kentucky brought down the house. What a future she has. Her voice is in another stratosphere, just unbelievable.

Take care all, and make sure your sons and daughters you the correct pronouns

52605508_10216527068743510_6716982045219749888_n.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Happy Friday.

Nice shot of Chichen-Itza 41102. For my money, the only reason to go to the Yucatan Peninsula, though no offense to anyone who likes Cancun.

Cats with a tune up tonight. 1. No injuries please. 2. I'd love to hear a report that Toppin was jumping around like a Pogo stick. He's potentially an important defensive piece against Duke.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I wrote to my friend and stated, that movie did not have it all. I didn't have trains, or trucks, or Momma, or gettin drunk... (I had to do it in memory of David Allen's song...)

Another crispy frosty morning in Smiths Grove. It was 30°F when I got up at 6 am and now it is a sunny 39.7° on our way to 57°F.

I got my yard weed whacked and mowed yesterday afternoon for the first time in three weeks as I had had it power seeded. So it was really in need of it. Looks good now.

I look forward to the game tonight.

You all have a good day.

Bo Higdon virtually kicked him out of LaBo's down in Lebanon Junction back in it seems 1987 or 88 or so... Bo told me that straight.

Swinging bridge, Pike County, KY 1940's. My grandfather had one across Rockhouse creek and once you crossed it you had a very steep climb to the house. When I see this, I think of basketball season

249616176_428147892161958_8383575445311346459_n.jpg
Man, that photo says Kentucky so vividly. It could be a lot of places in the state. It reminds me of the hollow in the most rural part of Bracken County where my father was from, and where we visited his parents from the time I was old enough to remember anything. Can't wait to get home later this month.

Man, that photo says Kentucky so vividly. It could be a lot of places in the state. It reminds me of the hollow in the most rural part of Bracken County where my father was from, and where we visited his parents from the time I was old enough to remember anything. Can't wait to get home later this month.
You have been gone too long...........hollow is what happens to an old log.......that picture is a holler......

You have been gone too long...........hollow is what happens to an old log.......that picture is a holler......
Haha. True enough Awf. If any of my kin heard me say "Hollow" they'd laugh me out of the room. I'm going back in a couple weeks. I better sharpen up my accent. It never takes me long once I'm around people who speak the "right" way.

Good morning! Going back to sleep...

Good morning, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Morning Legionnaires!

Well...? I got nothing. Goodnight Ymmot.
Thanks fellers! I knocked out another 2.5 hours after that post and then headed to the golf course. @Bert Higginbotha I shot a 75 today, 2 strokes better than the score on Wednesday. Sorry buddy!
A post so nice you made it twice!

Van Morrison would disagree with you, but not me...

Hey, where did we go?
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow
Playin' a new game…

What a beautiful day it was today. Nothing like it but more of it! Just so happens we are in store for more of it next week. Thank you man made global warming! Thanks a bunch.

Swinging bridge, Pike County, KY 1940's. My grandfather had one across Rockhouse creek and once you crossed it you had a very steep climb to the house. When I see this, I think of basketball season

249616176_428147892161958_8383575445311346459_n.jpg
Check out where the outhouse is in that pic. imagine having to use it (or just the walk out to it) on a cold snowy day, or night. i had to cross a swinging bridge like that to get to the first school i attended.

Is anyone watching this awesome game? Number 23 is going off from 3. We look fairly stupid at the moment but they'll tire soon and we'll assert ourselves. Wife and I are laughing our asses off. I want them to have to work hard for this. It don't get any easier from here and the bad taste from a busted lip will pay dividends later.

Thanks fellers! I knocked out another 2.5 hours after that post and then headed to the golf course. @Bert Higginbotha I shot a 75 today, 2 strokes better than the score on Wednesday. Sorry buddy!

A post so nice you made it twice!

Van Morrison would disagree with you, but not me...

Hey, where did we go?
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow
Playin' a new game…

What a beautiful day it was today. Nothing like it but more of it! Just so happens we are in store for more of it next week. Thank you man made global warming! Thanks a bunch.
Sorry about that.....I just seen that I I double posted........

Is anyone watching this awesome game? Number 23 is going off from 3. We look fairly stupid at the moment but they'll tire soon and we'll assert ourselves. Wife and I are laughing our asses off. I want them to have to work hard for this. It don't get any easier from here and the bad taste from a busted lip will pay dividends later.
This Wildcats BB team looks like crap!

Lucky if we win 20 games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT