ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

We have been looking forward to a concert we will be attending tonight at Indian Rocks Baptist Church in Indian Rocks. If you have lost a loved one, especially a very young one, I recommend this video. It does not have all of the answers as to why God allows youth to be taken from us but Anne Wilson certainly gives a great testimony as to how one can be comforted in their lowest despair. Lexington, KY born and raised she is quite a young lady with superstar talent.

My wife wore it that way and still does. First picture around the time I met her and the second picture at my daughters birthday about 3 years ago.

249690657_10219928205024816_7378445296153291264_n.jpg

Morning folks. It is a frosty, sunny day here. It was 30.2°F on my back porch at 6:30 am and now it is 39.2° on our way to 54.

Prayers and good thoughts for your cousin Swanee.

A friend stayed at the house last night so he could go hunting this morning. It took him two hours to get a 6 point 200 lbs deer. Not bad.

Morning folks. It is a frosty, sunny day here. It was 30.2°F on my back porch at 6:30 am and now it is 39.2° on our way to 54.

A friend stayed at the house last night so he could go hunting this morning. It took him two hours to get a 6 point 200 lbs deer. Not bad.

2 hours!? Awesome. That's the 2nd short hunt I've heard about this season. Not quite that short by a long way

Good Morning D

Today's local weather report. We have 61° and partly cloudy skies on the Nature Coast. Our high should reach 73°. No rain is in the forecast.

Austin, you are eating like a king. "Catfish, oysters and butterfly shrimp again last night. from Catfish Parlor. Wife wanted more before they close this coming Saturday."

I hate to see my favorite restaurants close. Tonight we have a concert to attend so I will stop in a the Lucky Dill Deli for a bite to eat. It is a New York style deli that would remind you of the old Carnegie Deli in New York City. It is run by New Yorkers who fled the state for the freedom found in Florida. Once people moved to Florida for the weather. Now they move to be free of tyrannical Democrat states.

Trust all have a nice day.

252059609_2953885051502043_1027969208866048241_n.jpg

I lived in a smaller town in Oregon in the early 80s. People used to rag on me because I moved there from California, thinking I must be a liberal (Lord have mercy!). I told them that Oregon was as liberal as California but they didn't believe me. The transition was starting then but they didn't see it coming.

NOTE: Oregon turned radically liberal because Californians moved there and turned it liberal, like they are doing to AZ now.

TOPLINE​

Voters in Harney County, Oregon, overwhelmingly passed a measure on Tuesday calling for preliminary discussions about how to leave the state in order to join a proposed expansion of Idaho—a move highly unlikely to ever become a reality but one that appears to be gaining momentum.

KEY BACKGROUND​

Voters in Union and Jefferson counties were the first two to back the concept, narrowly passing measures last November calling for discussions, which failed to pass in two other counties. But five more rural, conservative counties—Malheur, Lake, Baker, Grant and Sherman—came on board in May, with the counties averaging a 62% vote in favor of the measures. The political views of these counties differ greatly with Oregon as a whole, which is seen as one of the country’s most reliably blue states since its population is so centered in left-leaning, northwestern cities like Portland. Oregon has voted Democratic in every presidential election since 1984, while both of its U.S. senators are Democrats and both houses of the state legislature are controlled by Democrats. Idaho, on the other hand, has a strongly Republican legislature and both of its U.S. senators are part of the GOP. A Democratic presidential candidate hasn’t carried Idaho since Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964.

Was thinking...right before I got really busy and didn't check in here much (few weeks back)...some were wondering about Don. Then someone (maybe Austin) were trying to help him with a password/logon issue. But haven't seen him. Is he OK?
Also, haven't seen Bev either. Hope she's OK as well.
But, the only two threads I read/post anymore is this one and the Political, so maybe they have been on others.
I spoke with Don a couple of days ago and he's doing fine. He's working on getting a new computer and then he'll be back here with us.

Morning Legionnaires!

50's on tap for the high today with moderate winds. This time of year around here moderate means between 10-20mph. Light rain past 2 days going away today.

Not big on the stout beers but will do a dopplebock or 2 during the holidays. Usually change up to gluwines when the nights get colder. Have a case leftover from last year and will buy another one this year. They actually warm me up when drinking them.
Does the dopplebock have alcohol in it or is it alcohol free? Sounds like one of those beers that is alcohol free.

Does the dopplebock have alcohol in it or is it alcohol free? Sounds like one of those beers that is alcohol free.

Middlesboro was in a dry county. You couldn't buy beer but you could buy Near Beer, an alcohol-free beer that hardly anyone liked. Tennessee was three miles away and you could get beer there. We used to say there was Near Beer here but there is beer near here.

Don's also an Atlanta Braves fan. I'm sure he's happy about Braves winning it all this season.
Living in Cumming...I'm sure he is.
Back in '78 (I think) I was in Fulton County Stadium with the ex-wife and a friend for the final game, no. 44, of Pete Rose's hitting streak...and the next game when it ended.
Then the MLB strike came....and I basically haven't watched baseball since. Me and Bert (I believe).

Living in Cumming...I'm sure he is.
Back in '78 (I think) I was in Fulton County Stadium with the ex-wife and a friend for the final game, no. 44, of Pete Rose's hitting streak...and the next game when it ended.
Then the MLB strike came....and I basically haven't watched baseball since. Me and Bert (I believe).
Nor have I watched. No interest

I am a fan of the big hair (on women). That is why my wife continues with the 80's look.
dolly_parton-big-hair.jpg
gettyimages-451170716-1549877968.jpg

I spoke with Don a couple of days ago and he's doing fine. He's working on getting a new computer and then he'll be back here with us.
Still working on my rebuild. Things can get messy.

Here 's a "Cab Forward" in case he's lurking.
de5beb48fcf24e49e99668e13a36ef30.jpg

Middlesboro was in a dry county. You couldn't buy beer but you could buy Near Beer, an alcohol-free beer that hardly anyone liked. Tennessee was three miles away and you could get beer there. We used to say there was Near Beer here but there is beer near here.

Ha, I knew at least three bootleggers in Middlesboro and I wasn't a horrible drinker back when I lived there after getting out of the Army. ;)

Back when I was in H.S. here in Ohio...Ohio had 'Near Beer' but up here it was 3.2% alcohol. Some called it Near Beer and others just 3.2. You could get it/drink it at 18. Didn't know/pay attention to alcohol laws while I was that young...was kind of disappointed when I got to Lexington and you had to be 21 because it was all 6.0.....no 3.2.

Talking about deer hunting, I worked at the "atomic plant" near Paducah for ten years or so (long enough to get a small pension). It was on land Alben Barkley bought from local farmers and sold to the government. There were a lot of deer on it and people hunted there sometimes. A a guy was hunting one chilly rainy day, so he sat in a field with a brown plastic bag covering him from the rain and a teenage boy shot him through the heart thinking he was a deer. They found a bunch of empty beer cans around his body.

Back when I was in H.S. here in Ohio...Ohio had 'Near Beer' but up here it was 3.2% alcohol. Some called it Near Beer and others just 3.2. You could get it/drink it at 18. Didn't know/pay attention to alcohol laws while I was that young...was kind of disappointed when I got to Lexington and you had to be 21 because it was all 6.0.....no 3.2.

Not sure why anyone would drink a beer without the alcoholic content. Heck drink liquor, it's quicker...

Not sure why anyone would drink a beer without the alcoholic content. Heck drink liquor, it's quicker...
When you're 18...it's cool. Made you seem that a big shot....right of passage...etc. Didn't drink much of it in that I've never been much of a drinker, but would go out with some of my H.S. Senior buddies. We were cool 😉
Plus, couldn't get liquor at 18 (legally). Looking back I'm sure 3.2 didn't have the kick of hard cider.

Oh, there was no shortage of places to buy beer. Most bootleggers wouldn't sell it to you though unless you had at least entered puberty or close to it.

Saw “Bullitt” again recently. Steve McQueen, young Jacqueline Bissett, and a Highland Green 1968 Ford Mustang. Top five car chase scene.. That movie had it all.

I wrote to my friend and stated, that movie did not have it all. I didn't have trains, or trucks, or Momma, or gettin drunk... (I had to do it in memory of David Allen's song...)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT