ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning all. Almost didn't post this morning...or I could have pasted the last few days...about 50 out which is close to today's high of 52, so no temp movement again. And, of course, it's wet out with intermittent showers now and for the day. Rinse and repeat.

Went to the 'World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party' a few times. Great atmosphere..and usually great game. The 'Party' was one of the early PC cancellations. Maybe not exactly PC...but close.

Met Munson a number of times and he was very nice. And, as I've mentioned before...maybe not on this thread, Cawood was a relative. In fact was talking with a distant cousin a month or so ago about him.

Y'all have a good day.

UP AND ATOM!

Morning Legionnaires!

Weather is a nice 52° with light winds. Last grass cutting day for the year will be today. Will wait until in laws come over before I start (Heh, heh, heh).

Serious question for you good people. Dentures or implants. I am missing three teeth upper right side and going to have two pulled upper left side soon. Already had one pulled upper left in 1977 so will have as many missing on both sides. Implants seem good but are expensive. Dentures seem to be limited in what you can eat. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, one last thing.

It's game day people so you better be ready!
I have had dentures since right after my 23rd birthday........never used any adhesive.......I can eat anything....corn on the cob, saltwater taffy.....anything.....I looked into the implants one time when I needed new dentures........the dentures cost $2k at that time......the implants with "no guarantee" that they would work were $18K.......I had more than the normal bone loss which was a major part of my dental problems.....ask around people you know for referrals and also ask your dentist for list of referrals of folks that they had made teeth for.......The Director has spent more on adhesives than she did her dentures.......and has to cut everything into tiny bites...........I am not a dentist but sounds like to me that you will only need a partial.......as long as you have some of your teeth they can anchor the new ones to your teeth........and if they are not your front teeth you will be OK.......I had to go several months with out teeth.....because it took that long for the bone to grow around the implanted materials....lastly......good luck......

UP AND ATOM!

Morning Legionnaires!

Weather is a nice 52° with light winds. Last grass cutting day for the year will be today. Will wait until in laws come over before I start (Heh, heh, heh).

Serious question for you good people. Dentures or implants. I am missing three teeth upper right side and going to have two pulled upper left side soon. Already had one pulled upper left in 1977 so will have as many missing on both sides. Implants seem good but are expensive. Dentures seem to be limited in what you can eat. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, one last thing.

As awf mentioned, partials might be the way to go. I have them. I don't use adhesives, but I do watch what I eat as a trade off for not using adhesives.

UP AND ATOM!

Morning Legionnaires!

Oh yeah, one last thing.

Me and my partials can't get along. I've experienced several problems, especially when eating. Therefore, I've also been looking at implants. It appears our retiree dental insurance (MetLife) pays 50%. Couple estimates I've seen means costs equal roughly $15K out-of-pocket. I'm not going down to Mexico for implants, although $5K is a price I've heard.

UP AND ATOM!

Morning Legionnaires!

Oh yeah, one last thing.

Fix your choppers if you can ...

Me and my partials can't get along. I've experienced several problems, especially when eating. Therefore, I've also been looking at implants. It appears our retiree dental insurance (MetLife) pays 50%. Couple estimates I've seen means costs equal roughly $15K out-of-pocket. I'm not going down to Mexico for implants, although $5K is a price I've heard.

Austin, check out Korean Dentists. WC too. You are more likely to have them around you. I had work done in SA. Worth a check .. All I have used have been excellent.

I've got three implants on molar's. As I remember all was about $3600 or so. Had them at different times. Needed another one but that's just a gap since I was real young.

What do you pay for Metlife? We have dental through my wife's work and now I am fishing for new insurance since she will probably lose her job Dec 8.

That is sad, sad news. A Catfish and oyster restaurant is my favorite type of restaurant. Maybe someone can take it over and keep it going.
A couple times a year I get a 20 pound box of frozen cat fish from a friend who manages a wholesale food company. Last June the box cost me $28 and yesterday it was $45. That is over a 50% increase. We are going to see a round of inflation like we have not seen since the 70's.

Thanks Joe.

I also watched SEC network postgame. Gene and Chris indeed seems pretty high on our Cats. Hoping for a Wildcat W.

Oscar is a load, but I worry about him getting in foul trouble. Sahvir is a sparkplug all by himself bringing amazing energy. He's a huge difference maker on the floor. Big upgrade over last season.
Isn't it funny how Kentucky big men get called for fouls at a higher rate than any other position at any other school? One thing I like about Oscar is that he plays within himself and doesn't panic when he gets a rebound under the basket. He just calmly plays it off the backboard like he's supposed to and makes nearly all his putbacks. Refreshing actually. Wish @wildcatdonf was here. He appreciates the proper use of the backboard.

Do you think number 21 will be a Wildcat next year? Cal was enamored with him.

Thanks Cord! Unfortunately I'm only 61 and my wife 63. Still a few years away from getting Medicare. Actually a few EXPENSIVE years away.
Plus as you get older they charge more and more. Last year Sherry and I paid out over $12,000 on cost of medical and drug insurance (that includes the cost of Medicare itself).

As a disclaimer I have Palmento instead of Medicare, but it is Medicare for railroaders.

Good morning D-League.

I was so busy this week I didn’t get to finish my mandatory “workplace violence” training.

Luckily I have cracked the code that will allow me to ace the test at the end without actually having to watch the looong video: All abusers and bullies are middle-aged white men, and all victims are minority women and, or gays.

It’s actually pretty funny as long as you don’t take it seriously.

Didn’t get to watch the Cats last night. The “commentary” is all over the map. I guess we’ll find out where the team stands soon enough.

What do you pay for Metlife? We have dental through my wife's work and now I am fishing for new insurance since she will probably lose her job Dec 8.
$85.76 per month for wife and I together. Auto allotment via MyPay. Just now needed 20 minutes to obtain this information from my last monthly retiree account statement because I've not logged in since March. Changed password, wait 10 minutes for confirmation email, blah blah.

Anyway, MetLife is our insurer through CHAMPUS. We chose them few years ago when renewal came up again.

Good morning D-League.

I was so busy this week I didn’t get to finish my mandatory “workplace violence” training.

Luckily I have cracked the code that will allow me to ace the test at the end without actually having to watch the looong video: All abusers and bullies are middle-aged white men, and all victims are minority women and, or gays.

Didn’t get to watch the Cats last night. The “commentary” is all over the map. I guess we’ll find out where the team stands soon enough.
I'll bet that pissed you and you violently threw a fit...coworker out the window.

About cracking the code. Here is one that might interest you.

$85.76 per month for wife and I together. Auto allotment via MyPay. Just now needed 20 minutes to obtain this information from my last monthly retiree account statement because I've not logged in since March. Changed password, wait 10 minutes for confirmation email, blah blah.

Anyway, MetLife is our insurer through CHAMPUS. We chose them few years ago when renewal came up again.
Yeah, me and my old lady (Heh, heh, she hates that) have been looking at what we could get out of what Tri-Care offers so, that is not a bad deal I think.

Isn't it funny how Kentucky big men get called for fouls at a higher rate than any other position at any other school? One thing I like about Oscar is that he plays within himself and doesn't panic when he gets a rebound under the basket. He just calmly plays it off the backboard like he's supposed to and makes nearly all his putbacks. Refreshing actually. Wish @wildcatdonf was here. He appreciates the proper use of the backboard.

Landing #21 would be awesome. Unknown if he signs.

I'll withhold opinion of Oscar until after the Duke game. Like his moves and style thus far. We'll know much more after he competes against top-10 D-1 teams.

9836.1221023235.jpg

A couple times a year I get a 20 pound box of frozen cat fish from a friend who manages a wholesale food company. Last June the box cost me $28 and yesterday it was $45. That is over a 50% increase. We are going to see a round of inflation like we have not seen since the 70's.

Thanks Joe.

$9.98 for less than a pound of bacon. Yeah I took a picture but that was free. (Relatively anyway.)

Good morning D-League.

The training is getting ridiculously stupid with the amount of weekly time spent. No way to make a profit any longer. Of course not many here are concerned about profit unless it is in their pocket. No dedication to duty any longer. Frugality is a dirty, dirty word...

Good morning D-League.

The training is getting ridiculously stupid with the amount of weekly time spent. No way to make a profit any longer. Of course not many here are concerned about profit unless it is in their pocket. No dedication to duty any longer. Frugality is a dirty, dirty word...

I am an old fart and retired Feb. 1, 2000; but as early as the 1980's we were having to go listen to how bad men are. It was not just white men then; just men. We were told that the company would side with the girl and persecute us. I took that to heart and I was scared of any woman at the railroad. It should never be that way.

I was an official with a really nice office and these young ladies would come in and close the door behind them so they could tell me things in confidence.

I stayed in shape by getting up and opening the door and raising the blinds so anyone could see where I was and what I was doing. The better the school that they went to, the more aggressive they were. Harvard, Chicago, Duke et.al. felt that they were owed promotions. It was like they had been taught how to get advancement without work. (Some were excellent, smart workers, but some were drama Queens looking for a quick win.)

Many times I pissed them off by telling them that I was happily married and needed nothing from them. And several times I called my assigned attorney to record the fact that they were aggressive and I did nothing so we would have a record of what had happened.

I feel sorry for folks today in the corporate workplace. Just keep your powder dry and learn that a good memo to your attorney is priceless.

Plus we humans do not number 6 billion because only men like sex.

Thanks Joe.
The sad part is the folks dependent on their SS and the actual poor are who are going to be hurt the most......I spent my life planning on retirement without SS.....it will hurt but won't run me into the ground like it will some folks...........and the really sad part is the present regime doesn't care what it does to this part of our society...........contrary to what they say.......

I am an old fart and retired Feb. 1, 2000; but as early as the 1980's we were having to go listen to how bad men are. It was not just white men then; just men. We were told that the company would side with the girl and persecute us. I took that to heart and I was scared of any woman at the railroad. It should never be that way.

I was an official with a really nice office and these young ladies would come in and close the door behind them so they could tell me things in confidence.

I stayed in shape by getting up and opening the door and raising the blinds so anyone could see where I was and what I was doing. The better the school that they went to, the more aggressive they were. Harvard, Chicago, Duke et.al. felt that they were owed promotions. It was like they had been taught how to get advancement without work. (Some were excellent, smart workers, but some were drama Queens looking for a quick win.)

Many times I pissed them off by telling them that I was happily married and needed nothing from them. And several times I called my assigned attorney to record the fact that they were aggressive and I did nothing so we would have a record of what had happened.

I feel sorry for folks today in the corporate workplace. Just keep your powder dry and learn that a good memo to your attorney is priceless.

Plus we humans do not number 6 billion because only men like sex.
I was lucky to basically retire from the corporate world in my mid-late 40s. Missed all the equity training and PC bull. But remember that before it became commonplace, and there were few to any laws regarding a lot of it, an official from the St of Georgia Labor Dept came into my office and laid out facts, figures, etc of how we didn't have enough of this or that type employee (his mission was race). Told him we would hire who we wanted, but most importantly who could do the job....then threw him out of my office. Today if someone did that you probably would be hauled off to jail.

But yeah...the corner office...with the title....with the 3 piece suits....brings it out of some of the fairer sex.
Know what you're talking about.

I have always favored the players that know how to use the back board for a shot..........Winston Bennet understood what that little square is about..........it is lost on most of basketball these days............

This recipe is as close as I have found........The Director bought me some oysters in oil the other day.....I like to have a bowl of steaming hot chili with a couple of oysters........
Not an oyster fan at all. Used to pass an oyster bar in the New Orleans airport all the time....raw...no thanks.
Although I did have some really good fried oysters once in Little Rock...of all places.

I have always favored the players that know how to use the back board for a shot..........Winston Bennet understood what that little square is about..........it is lost on most of basketball these days............
Probably the best ever...

'Celtics legend Sam Jones will always be remebered for an extraordinary ability to bank the basketball into the net off the backboard from almost any angle. It’s a trait Jones acquired at a young age.

“I guess it came from the coaches in middle school and high school. Everytime we made a (layup) from the right side or the left side you shot the ball off the backboard. They insisted,” Jones said recently. “When I had 10 or 12 feet I used the backboard like a layup. I concentrated on a spot. I found it was successful so I did it through high school and college.”
8503i3.png

LeFors4Ever

2330859 said:
What could ever go wrong with this NIL arrangement??? The more that I see these trends evolving with college sports and Professional sports ….. the more I see problems that most folks never imagined.
I mean yes and know. The kids deserve the money and I'm glad now it's out in the open where everyone can see what it takes to win and it's not hidden.

It would be naive to believe the NIL will make everything transparent. Once coaches recognize the compensations are equal and some advantage are necessary to attract a recruit, it will result in some circumventing the guidelines in order to get ahead.

2330859 said:
It would be naive to believe the NIL will make everything transparent. Once coaches recognize the compensations are equal and some advantage are necessary to attract a recruit, it will result in some circumventing the guidelines in order to get ahead.
The desire to win will be even stronger and human nature will ensure that these coaches will do whatever is necessary to win. You can count on that.

All hail U of L! Go Cards!
Reactions:PHCARD
Like Quote Reply

[IMG alt="PHCARD"]https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/louisville/data/avatars/m/1/1802.jpg?1627135877[/IMG]

PHCARD

Moderator​

Mayoman said:
The desire to win will be even stronger and human nature will ensure that these coaches will do whatever is necessary to win. You can count on that.
And when these other coaches do these things....UofL will pay the price for everyone. :eek:o_O

I went over to the ul board to see when their game is on and noticed the NIL thread they have there talking about TyTy's deal with Porsche. Looked like it had some activity since I looked last so I stopped in to.....mingle.

Look what I found! Know that all this conversation takes place with them knowing that none of their players has a significant NIL deal. That one guy has a deal with his uncle's barbershop but that's it.

or, if you all are old enough to remember Dan Issel.

Wow the back board was his best friend.
Yes and his team mate Mike Pratt used it also. This is how we were trained when I was growing up. It was a very high percentage shot.

Nothing makes me more upset in a basketball game than a player being three feet from the basket and throwing the ball over the rim. Nothing but air when a backboard would have given them 2 points almost automatic

Isn't it funny how Kentucky big men get called for fouls at a higher rate than any other position at any other school?

Officials are lazy and continually go by old tendencies. We used to be more of a finesse team under the last few coaches. I hope Oscar can help us become strong and have a reputation for being bangers. Tired of the refs blowing us out of games because we match someone else's physicality

I will eat peanut butter with any kind of jelly on a sandwich........on Ritz Crackers.........but if I mix it with anything else...........it makes me nauseous to taste it....I could sit and eat a pint with a spoon............the smell of a Reese's cup is nasty to me.........

I was the same way. Used to also hate pb&j when I was a kid, though.

Still gag with almost any peanut butter flavored: cereal, ice cream, pie, or candy except a very very rare peanut butter cup. I gave up trying to overcome it years ago. The chocolate in the Reese's was what allowed me to eat em. Had to eat the whole thing at once almost, so I can do one of the smaller ones (about the size of a rolo. Better chocolate to fake peanut butter ratio).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT