ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

And just like that the sun is out the skies are clear, the winds are calm and things are drying out. A have a few palm fronds scattered around the yard which is good because they are dead and needed trimming. Saved me a step or two.

I found out this afternoon a close dear friend has died in surgery. Apparently something went wrong. He lived up in Cumming, GA and his death was unexpected because it was not major surgery. Just goes to show you never can tell. Life is as thin as a thread and you can be gone before the sun comes up.

We are just good guys to talk to. Plus most of us are smart.

There are some exceptions to the smart part!
I talked with starchief5 the other day. A man I have never met, had never seen and had not talked to. Yet we talked for an hour and found out we had so much in common and I really enjoyed speaking with him.

That is what the D League is about. And you are right about the smart part. I am trying to improve with book learning but I am about to run out of time. So over look my nonsense and lack of gray brain cells. I am what I am .

And just like that the sun is out the skies are clear, the winds are calm and things are drying out. A have a few palm fronds scattered around the yard which is good because they are dead and needed trimming. Saved me a step or two.

I found out this afternoon a close dear friend has died in surgery. Apparently something went wrong. He lived up in Cumming, GA and his death was unexpected because it was not major surgery. Just goes to show you never can tell. Life is as thin as a thread and you can be gone before the sun comes up.
So sorry Sawnee.

Last Fall/Winter I posted about two of our trees in the front yard...maples....where they don't turn an orange or red, but just kind of go 'blah' and keep their leaves until very late in the season. Think you told me they were silver maples...with the same advice of them being a nuisance. And yes....they have the whilybird seeds all over the yard in the Spring. The Mrs hates those seeds...constantly has to pull seedlings out of her flower gardens, flowers beds by the house, etc.

We've got a bunch of walnut trees on the property. One is huge. We've got a picture from the 1920s showing it, so no telling how old it is. Therefore we have a very healthy squirrel population. Funny how they can hide/bury those nuts all over the place...and know exactly where they all are.

I've heard squirrels have almost as good of a sense of smell as any other animal/rodent...

biden-sniffs-liberty-mourning-in-america-michael-ramirez-cartoon.jpg

Almost..

Some of the best however, can't help themselves when it comes to nuts and other such things. I'm sure that particular/peculiar animal has done more than sniff

You bet.

I've heard squirrels have almost as good of a sense of smell as any other animal/rodent...

Almost..

Some of the best however, can't help themselves when it comes to nuts and other such things. I'm sure that particular/peculiar animal has done more than sniff
I am the proud parent of two pet squirrels.

If you give them a bad nut, they sniff it and set it aside.

Squirrels are gods gift to humanity. They are special, especially if you have ever known one. I love the little fuzzy tailed rodents.

Here are two pictures of my friend Chip:
250521858_4441934749255408_6156362852743761964_n.jpg

250351375_4441933419255541_8682183455078298387_n.jpg

Just saw a headline while reading about the World Series. PETA is asking the baseball world to remove the name Bullpen from its vocabulary. What a world we live in folks 😕
PETA. Another political hack disguised as something they are not. Have they come out and said any thing about Fauci and his torture of my favorite breed, the beagle.

They will give him a pass and cry about a bullpen. My grandfather had a pen where he put his bull before breeding him. PETA would probably want grandpa put in jail or hung on the highest oak tree. But grandpa would not give a hoot about PETA.

PETA. Another political hack disguised as something they are not. Have they come out and said any thing about Fauci and his torture of my favorite breed, the beagle.

They will give him a pass and cry about a bullpen. My grandfather had a pen where he put his bull before breeding him. PETA would probably want grandpa put in jail or hung on the highest oak tree. But grandpa would not give a hoot about PETA.
I’m with grandpa. And I wouldn’t mind putting the PETA scabs in my bullpen with Bully. Be a fine show, for a minute.

Squirrels are gods gift to humanity. They are special, especially if you have ever known one. I love the little fuzzy tailed rodents.

I'm assuming the other one is named Dale? No wait, those are chipmunks. Great pics Bert!

Great day. Eating breakfast bowl of cereal & bit down on something hard. It's two pieces of a crown. Off to dentist this pm. Nothing new for me & my weak teeth.
Well, have new crown to the tune of $1700 less insurance. Half hour work for dentist over an hour period. Trimmed down & shaped up stump - 15 minutes. Hand-held scanned remaining tooth base & surrounding teeth. Program creates 3D model from scans that he tinkers with before he sends to printer - 10 minutes. He sees other patients while the furnace cures the crown for half hour. Fives minutes to put in & done. Felt nothing the whole time & still don't.

Last Fall/Winter I posted about two of our trees in the front yard...maples....where they don't turn an orange or red, but just kind of go 'blah' and keep their leaves until very late in the season. Think you told me they were silver maples...with the same advice of them being a nuisance. And yes....they have the whilybird seeds all over the yard in the Spring. The Mrs hates those seeds...constantly has to pull seedlings out of her flower gardens, flowers beds by the house, etc.

We've got a bunch of walnut trees on the property. One is huge. We've got a picture from the 1920s showing it, so no telling how old it is. Therefore we have a very healthy squirrel population. Funny how they can hide/bury those nuts all over the place...and know exactly where they all a
I have read that the really don't find all of them.................and that they use their sense of smell to find their buried treasures......We had a big oak in the back yard and you wouldn't beleive how many of those things would sprout in the front and back yards.....plus those little fuzzy tail SOB's keep the yard and flower beds dug up.........not to mention eating the garden up........

If America really wanted clean energy they would go Nuclear. Even France knows that. I will never understand why America is so afraid of nuclear.

There was a nuclear power plant just up the road from me and they decommissioned it. I guess the nuclear lobby is not as powerful as the wind mill lobby
100% accurate & agree. I think the answer is that greenies use climate change as a problem to reduce power usage totally & have us live in caves. Nuclear thwarts that.

I have read that the really don't find all of them.................and that they use their sense of smell to find their buried treasures......We had a big oak in the back yard and you wouldn't beleive how many of those things would sprout in the front and back yards.....plus those little fuzzy tail SOB's keep the yard and flower beds dug up.........not to mention eating the garden up........
If they found them all, we wouldn’t see little oak trees coming up.

Well, have new crown to the tune of $1700 less insurance. Half hour work for dentist over an hour period. Trimmed down & shaped up stump - 15 minutes. Hand-held scanned remaining tooth base & surrounding teeth. Program creates 3D model from scans that he tinkers with before he sends to printer - 10 minutes. He sees other patients while the furnace cures the crown for half hour. Fives minutes to put in & done. Felt nothing the whole time & still don't.
My wife and I got bite blocks or mouth guards, whatever they call them because we're grinding the hell out of our teeth during sleep. Insurance doesn't cover a dime. $1,200.

I had a buddy years ago who had a pet racoon. One of the smartest pets/animals I've ever been around.

Expect a late night on November 9. My bedtime is 8:30 pm CST normally. No way I miss the game against Duke.

I will try and start watching again this season. I sure do hope Cal has wised-up a lot as my Dad used to say. I don't believe they will but I hope this team doesn't go ignant. I sure did miss them...

I talked with starchief5 the other day. A man I have never met, had never seen and had not talked to. Yet we talked for an hour and found out we had so much in common and I really enjoyed speaking with him.

That is what the D League is about. And you are right about the smart part. I am trying to improve with book learning but I am about to run out of time. So over look my nonsense and lack of gray brain cells. I am what I am
I had a similar experience with BBUK last week............I look forward to this board......

Almost..

I won't believe this until Rooster confirms it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT