ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently a frosty 38° and clear here in Eastern Kentucky this morning.
This afternoon will bring mostly cloudy skies and a high of 59°.

Everyone stay safe on this hump day. 🐪

LRM_EXPORT_745083409607298_20181010_190329556%2B%25281%2529.jpeg

Good morning all. Feels like Winter in the Buckeye state....30 out now....heading up to the low 50s.
About finished with all my 'projects' while the Mrs is gone. One or two more little things...then it's outside to gather up all the Summer yard decorations and store them in one of the sheds. Then, start mowing....perhaps the last time of the season. Doubt if I get it all mowed, but maybe at least the front and back yards. Then the chance of rain comes back in...so doubt there will be any mowing then.

Y'all have a good day.

Wasn't flipper a porpoise rather than a dolphin? Lol. I'm feeling a bit like I'm crazy, but I'd swear that was true
Flipper was a bottlenose dolphin She was very social and interacted with humans. A porpoise is shy, introverted and not as playful. A porpoise also prefers a little cooler water temperature and are smaller than dolphins.

Flipper is buried in the Florida Keys at the Dolphin Research Center in Marathon. If you are interested in dolphins, manatee, etc. and you are near Clearwater, FL there is the Clearwater Marina Aquarium that is a rehab center for marine life that have been injured and are brought there to rehab and recover to be released back into the Gulf.

It is the home of "Winter The Dolphin" who was the star of the movie Dolphin Tales. Winter is a permanent resident because the loss of the tail was too severe to be in the wild. An artificial tail was made for the dolphin to function in the rehab center and serve as the face of the rescue program of the aquarium.

https://fisherarchitects.com/our-wo...marine-aquarium-animal-rehabilitation-center/

Last edited:
Good Wednesday Morning D League

Woke up to a little fog this morning and a temperature of 57° and partly cloudy skies. Our high will be 77°. Very pleasant with 0% chance of rain.

Not an awful lot on the agenda today. The next two weeks will be hectic with a lot of things happening including a few concerts to attend and a couple of day trips. My wife is making a list of all the things we need to do around the house such as minor repairs and adding some more exterior lighting in the back. Always something.

Read Mark 7

248968820_433029318184552_7635234844227313860_n.jpg
My bro' told me the other day where he had read an article where those freighter ships are running out of food. Told him that's bad but should be no big deal...fill a small ship with food and take it out there. But he said the article said that some of these ship owners are losing so much money that they can't even do that. I find that hard to believe in that some of these shipping companies are huge...but maybe there's a couple smaller ones who are running on the edge so to speak (as a lot of companies do) and can't even do that.
Also, that many of the crew members are not being paid and are leaving the ships when/how they can.

But no worries...we have Joe and Pete in charge of things.

Flipper was a bottlenose dolphin She was very social and interacted with humans. A porpoise is shy, introverted and not as playful. A porpoise also prefers a little cooler water temperature and are smaller than dolphins.

Flipper is buried in the Florida Keys at the Dolphin Research Center in Marathon. If you are interested in dolphins, manatee, etc. and you are near Clearwater, FL there is the Clearwater Marina Aquarium that is a rehab center for marine life that have been injured and are brought there to rehab and recover to be released back into the Gulf.

It is the home of "Winter The Dolphin" who was the star of the movie Dolphin Tales. Winter is a permanent resident because the loss of the tail was too severe to be in the wild. An artificial tail was made for the dolphin to function in the rehab center and serve as the face of the rescue program of the aquarium.

https://fisherarchitects.com/our-wo...marine-aquarium-animal-rehabilitation-center/

We're planning a trip to Florida this winter. May only be Orlando since we've gotten to set it up so late, but hoping to get to Clearwater on either side of the trip. Thank you for this

Good morning D League. It got down to 35 degrees in suburban Ashland last night as we had out first frost. Doesn't look like we will have any more for the next 8-9 days. Saw where Klobuchar wants to give Prince a Medal of Freedom because he "made our lives cooler." I didn't realize that was a criteria. Since it is, I am going to nominate Bert for one. Everyone have a great day.

Last edited:
Destroy everything. Build back stupider. - DNC 2022

Good morning, D-L!

A bit nippy out there in the Bluegrass. Foggy bottoms and frosted tops until the sun got to it a little while ago. Ran an early errand and just got back. Gonna do some work around the house today. Gonna add some insulation and find a cold beer at lunch... No idea why that's on my mind.

Isn't Klobuchar the one whose husband had the covid and was treated with hcq. "Saved his life" iirc was the quote. In spite of that, she ridiculed the president for taking it. Piece of work that one.

I'm interested in a bill that would lock up politicians and judges that lie, demonstrate hypocrisy, and sponsor or pass anythingthat violates the constitution or rule on anything against constitutional mandates. Instant revocation of their seats and new elections with appointments that must be ratified by the people.

No more excuses. When there are that many weeds in a field, it might just as well be bushhogged and plowed under. Start over again in the spring

We're planning a trip to Florida this winter. May only be Orlando since we've gotten to set it up so late, but hoping to get to Clearwater on either side of the trip. Thank you for this
Your are welcome. Most people who come to Florida fly down and go to Disney World or one of our beaches and never experience the off the beaten path of the most interesting places. My grand daughter visited a few summer ago and introduced me to this place.

She watched the movie and again, I had no idea Winter was just down the road. It is worth the trip.

Good morning, D-L!

A bit nippy out there in the Bluegrass. Foggy bottoms and frosted tops until the sun got to it a little while ago. Ran an early errand and just got back. Gonna do some work around the house today. Gonna add some insulation and find a cold beer at lunch... No idea why that's on my mind.

Isn't Klobuchar the one whose husband had the covid and was treated with hcq. "Saved his life" iirc was the quote. In spite of that, she ridiculed the president for taking it. Piece of work that one.

I'm interested in a bill that would lock up politicians and judges that lie, demonstrate hypocrisy, and sponsor or pass anythingthat violates the constitution or rule on anything against constitutional mandates. Instant revocation of their seats and new elections with appointments that must be ratified by the people.

No more excuses. When there are that many weeds in a field, it might just as well be bushhogged and plowed under. Start over again in the spring
Once the field is cleared do a control burn to rid of all impurities.

Watched a little of the MSU vs Vandy football game. I think we can get some this weekend against the Bulldogs. I'm looking for our D to get 3 picks and hold them under 17points.

Offense will need to be on their toes and finish plays. There will be opportunities for big plays.

Your are welcome. Most people who come to Florida fly down and go to Disney World or one of our beaches and never experience the off the beaten path of the most interesting places. My grand daughter visited a few summer ago and introduced me to this place.

She watched the movie and again, I had no idea Winter was just down the road. It is worth the trip.

Still have never been to Disney and will likely never go. The thought of going there always raised red flags for me. No real reason I knew about until the last 10 yrs.

I love the off the beaten path stuff. Meet some real people and see some beautiful things. Especially there in Florida.

I've spent some time outside St Pete. Tampa. Bonita Springs. St Augustine. Clermont. Orlando. Jupiter. and a few others. So much I still want to see

Last edited:
Saw where one of the local hospitals was giving free breast exams today. Wife didn't see the humor in me offering to set up a field office at our house to help with the overflow for those under 40 years of age. She is tuning into a curmudgeon.

Since they're having a hard time finding people to work these days, I appreciate your work ethic

Good morning D-League. Cool and clear in the east. Last night on my walk it was down in the 30s and overcast, and in the dark little pellets were hitting my face that felt like snowflakes but were probably just very fine sleet.

Found out today that my daughter in Kansas City's family will make it to Kentucky for a visit with my parents in November, just before Thanksgiving, so I'm planning my trip with my other daughter, and my son will drive up from Lexington. The forces converge from the west, east and south. I'm looking forward to that.

Still have never been to Disney and will likely never go. The thought of going there always raised ref flags for me. No real reason I knew about until the last 10 yrs.

I love the off the beaten path stuff. Meet some real people and see some beautiful things. Especially there
We took the entire family to WDW back in late June, for five days. For the 13 of us, and it cost me around $13K. Disney wanted to cut all kinds of shows, attractions and services to save costs, then blame it on Covid. For instance, they were not running trams from the parking lot, but they were running buses from the resorts. Some guy in a WDW truck was parked out in our area and I asked him why no trams? He said because of Covid restrictions and I said, you mean to tell me that it is safer for 30 people to cram in one of those buses than it is to ride in an open air tram? He just grinned and said that he didn't make the rules. There were several other instances like having to place orders online for restaurants, no fireworks, no parades, few stage shows or live entertainment. All they were doing was cutting costs while charging the same amount, trying to make up some of the money they had lost by being shut down for a few months. Money grubbers. My last time.

My bro' told me the other day where he had read an article where those freighter ships are running out of food. Told him that's bad but should be no big deal...fill a small ship with food and take it out there. But he said the article said that some of these ship owners are losing so much money that they can't even do that. I find that hard to believe in that some of these shipping companies are huge...but maybe there's a couple smaller ones who are running on the edge so to speak (as a lot of companies do) and can't even do that.
Also, that many of the crew members are not being paid and are leaving the ships when/how they can.

But no worries...we have Joe and Pete in charge of things.

Pete on maternity leave... he is with child or something to that affect..

We took the entire family to WDW back in late June, for five days. For the 13 of us, and it cost me around $13K. Disney wanted to cut all kinds of shows, attractions and services to save costs, then blame it on Covid. For instance, they were not running trams from the parking lot, but they were running buses from the resorts. Some guy in a WDW truck was parked out in our area and I asked him why no trams? He said because of Covid restrictions and I said, you mean to tell me that it is safer for 30 people to cram in one of those buses than it is to ride in an open air tram? He just grinned and said that he didn't make the rules. There were several other instances like having to place orders online for restaurants, no fireworks, no parades, few stage shows or live entertainment. All they were doing was cutting costs while charging the same amount, trying to make up some of the money they had lost by being shut down for a few months. Money grubbers. My last time.
I made a trip down there a couple years ago, right before the Corona19 pandemic hit. New Years Eve party at Disney World. I didn't stay at one of their resort hotels, but rather another nice place that my brother in law had through one of his timeshares. I spent one of the days at Universal (or whatever it's called) and it was very frustrating as the lines were so long for each attraction, it made it almost not worth the hassle. On the last day, while the rest of the family went on to the parks, I chose to stay on the grounds of the hotel we were staying at and just chill out at one of their spacious pools and watch football all day at their bars; much better for me than battling hordes of tourists, standing in line all day long for a 2 minute ride.

I don't care if I ever go back there. Like others have said, I'd much rather go off the beaten path, and fortunately, I've been able to do that in Florida over the years, from the Everglades to Pensacola....Miami to Jacksonville and just about everything in between; probably one of my most "traveled" states of any other than I normally live. Tons to see besides beaches and Disney.

Speaking of womanhood, they made them tough in the old days and they could show us a thing or two about multi-tasking.

Racing driver Marjorie Eccles relaxing with a quick smoke and a couple of lines of knitting while a mechanic works on her Eccles Rapier Special

241548335_4598343190234256_5168063487117356687_n.jpg

My buddy has an Eccles in his lineage. I think his great grandmother or grandmother was an Eccles. Grandmother raised Morgans... horse .... horsepower... may be related

Have heard many stories of the same and not just during the power plague

Last time I went to WDW was 20 years or so ago. With the "woke" bs, don't plan on going back. Used to be you could go at certain times of the year and crowds weren't bad. You just had to do research on the best times to go. We went one year and just missed by a few days being there during some kind of gay awareness week. Lots of people were real upset as they didn't let the general public in on it. I'd of been pissed if we were there that week. I think several church groups were there and they tried to make a stink about it. Apparently it didn't phase Disney.

Good for you . WDW is the most WOKE company in Florida. I will never return. I would recommend others follow your lead. Why would I want to go to an artificial plastic good time rock and roll tourist trap when the real world is right out of my door.

I would recommend finding a good Air Boat ride and go into the wilds and enjoy nature. Or if you are so inclined go on a good gator hunt or go hog hunting. You can watch Mickey on TV.

Some pics of The Castle on the Cumberland. Considered one of most haunted places in Ky.
When I served on federal jury duty there was a US marshal that went by the name of Big Six Henderson.....who was also in the jury pool.......he had many good stories about catching the bad guys....it sure made the days pass as he would sit and tell his stories all day long.....

Morning. We got close enough to have frost but I could not find it. As the sun came up it was 38°F but I could see no evidence. I may have some damaged plants as I did not bring them in last night. I had a hard time just getting my butt in!

Ben, I appreciate the nomination for the Medal of Freedom, so it should be a fun time to hang out with President Joe. Plus I will help you with your project to help the women out. It is a multiple man mission.

On Disney World: When the kids were young we were down there a couple times a year. We got deeply discounted tickets through the railroad and we loved it. I have not been there in the last 25 years. Even in the old days the lines could get long.

I watched the first 5 innings of the World Series last night. That is the first time I have watched a MLB baseball game since the strike of 1994. I am rooting for Atlanta because of the way MLB treated Atlanta over the All Star game.

Isn't Winter where the group performed that done the tricks on water skis? Back in the 50's & 60's.....your post almost activated a memory bank........as you can see by my post, I said...almost.........

Good for you . WDW is the most WOKE company in Florida. I will never return. I would recommend others follow your lead. Why would I want to go to an artificial plastic good time rock and roll tourist trap when the real world is right out of my door.

I would recommend finding a good Air Boat ride and go into the wilds and enjoy nature. Or if you are so inclined go on a good gator hunt or go hog hunting. You can watch Mickey on TV.
....or how about a relaxing canoe ride down the Suwannee River?

Good morning, D-L!

....or how about a relaxing canoe ride down the Suwannee River?
Even better. I can walk to one of the most scenic rivers in Florida and it empties into the Gulf. It is about a 12 mile canoe trip.

I know several people who canoed where the Suwannee starts in the Okefenokee Swamp in Georgia all the way down to the community of Suwannee where it empties into the Gulf.

If you do it take a shotgun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT