ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and clear. Looking at 85°F or so for today's high.

Taking off work at 1 pm. Must take pup in for physical therapy. We work with her a little bit. She still wears a cone. Her wound seems like it is healing okay.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

121979469_10158231451619091_5229972867602449434_n.jpg
Don't do cheesecake. But regular pumpkin is on my list of pies as my second favorite with pecan the leader by far.

Yeah I know bertfan, I am a picky eater.

Good morning D-League.

It is a beautiful morning with 63° and clear skies. The sun will be bright and warm. Our high this afternoon will be 82°. Nice day to play golf or head out to the Gulf

Until I went into the army I had never worn gloves. I did not own a pair. I even got through 4 years at UK with my hands in my pockets when it got cold. When I was in Armor AIT the tanks would get so cold it would rip the skin off of your hand if you put a bare hand on it. This happened to my buddy who was from Florida. We bonded pretty fast because we were from the same area. He put his bare hand on the tank and it stuck to the metal like a tongue sticks to a pole and when he jerked it blood started pouring out of his hand. He screamed and looked at me and said "what am I doing in this God forsaken tundra of polar ice?" I laughed and said you got DRAFTED. Just forget about sun and beaches and girls in bikinis cause you ain't going anywhere big boy, And put your gloves on.

I trust all have a good day. With all of this talk about cold weather, ice, snow and frostbite I am going to put a blanket on the ground and layout today. I want to get so hot I will be immune to cold weather. I can live without it.

I said a prayer this morning for Cord and his family. May God bring them peace in their spirit.

246218206_218146407078099_4851935117658913274_n.jpg

I don't know Warrior, but I would say not liking cheesecake will push you into the next category above "picky". Whatever that is. I assume it's short of psychosis, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Headed to the golf course in a couple of minutes to tally up the results of the game. I may have won a little but I doubt I did. I didn't do anything that stood out. Could get drawn with someone who did good stuff though.

Tomorrow night is the Blue/White game. Looking forward to that and for those of you who haven't seen the team in action yet, you will be pleasantly surprised. The team is still ridiculously athletic, just like all Cal's teams, but we've got multiple guys who can shoot AND score. Gonna be a fun year.

Have a good day!

Good morning D-League. Chilly morning in the east, but beautiful, clear skies.

October, my favorite month, is slipping away. But my younger daughter, a fellow Halloween lover, and I are plotting out a trip to the hills of West Virginia that will include a couple ghost tours - corny but fun.

I hope it’s a good day for you folks.

Good morning, D-LEAGUE!

I'm sore and tired, but thankful to be given another day with my family. Hope you ALL have a great day or two as we finish out the week!

NIH admitted yesterday (through a back page correction of sorts) that THEY WERE WRONG and FAUCI LIED about funding the gain of function research. Trying to throw the grantee under the bus now as if they didnt know what they were doing with the grant.

Teachers unions and schools being paid money to buy their approval of shot mandates for 5-11yr olds for an illness that has killed maybe 10 healthy children over 2 years time, and that they even had the virus is debatable also.

The abuses this has been used to institute need to stop.

All this frozen cold ass sh... stuff had me thinking about my days in the mountains in Alaska during winter training. -40° sometimes with a wind chill factor of -100°. Quite cold but fun none the less for me. A couple of pictures from those days. The ten man tent with liner and Yukon stove and our guys on a road march at the base of one of the mountains.

IMG-20201210-173939118.jpg

IMG-20201210-174000649.jpg

Buddy's step dad was stationed there for 6mos or a year during the 1960s. Bern a while so I cant recall for sure how long.

Buy one compatible with the site? 😁

We use apple, android, and pc to post and have no issues. Browser has to be up to date and cookies mustn't be blocked for the site (trusted site status). We also use a VPN and can post from anywhere in the US. Can't post OR READ this site from Europe or Canada unless we VPN from a US server.

I don't know Warrior, but I would say not liking cheesecake will push you into the next category above "picky". Whatever that is. I assume it's short of psychosis, but I'm not going to bet on it.

Headed to the golf course in a couple of minutes to tally up the results of the game. I may have won a little but I doubt I did. I didn't do anything that stood out. Could get drawn with someone who did good stuff though.

Tomorrow night is the Blue/White game. Looking forward to that and for those of you who haven't seen the team in action yet, you will be pleasantly surprised. The team is still ridiculously athletic, just like all Cal's teams, but we've got multiple guys who can shoot AND score. Gonna be a fun year.

Have a good day!
Could be. We grew up with simple foods with 6 kids and not a lot of choices so, got use to the simple stuff. I still do peanut butter and jelly about 3 times a week as a lunch. Love that stuff.

Good morning D-League. Chilly morning in the east, but beautiful, clear skies.

October, my favorite month, is slipping away. But my younger daughter, a fellow Halloween lover, and I are plotting out a trip to the hills of West Virginia that will include a couple ghost tours - corny but fun.

I hope it’s a good day for you folks.
We have an area around here that has a big Terror Trail we go to every year that is not bad for a small area. You would end the trail in a small haunted town. A couple of pictures below with one of them being my next wife (joking of course, my current wife would kill me before the one pictured below would).
IMG-20191019-201731844-Copy.jpg

IMG-20191019-201602434.jpg

IMG-20191019-201502609.jpg

We have an area around here that has a big Terror Trail we go to every year that is not bad for a small area. You would end the trail in a small haunted town. A couple of pictures below with one of them being my next wife (joking of course, my current wife would kill me before the one pictured below would).
IMG-20191019-201731844-Copy.jpg

IMG-20191019-201602434.jpg

IMG-20191019-201502609.jpg

The UL football team has a terror trail just like that. It leads them to Papa John's Stadium

I recall that severe January cold front coming through and temperature dropping from 50's with heavy rain one morning to -20 the next morning. Rainwater literally froze running down the streets. Was a foot or more thick. City got backhoes to use their bucket forks to chip the ice off the streets. Cincy stopped for 3-4 days. I75 South closed at Florence to Lexington for several days. Worst I ever saw. And it snowed. We had drifts up to the garage doors' windows. Didn't get the one door open till March.

I was in Illinois back then. Kids loved the time off with sledding, king of the mountain, and building forts out of and digging tunnels through what the plows pushed into 20ft hills. When the town woke up to the beginning of that snowstorm, there was already 4inches of snow down and it was coming down heavy. School hadn't been cancelled but the buses were running late. Kids got to school by walking or parents driving them, and were told only as they arrived that school was cancelled.

It was a kid's dream though

It is 66.6°F on its way to a whopping 71°. The clouds have moved in and we have a 20% chance of rain.

I had a wonderful talk yesterday with Starchief. We have a lot in common and the man has lived all over the West.
The next time you talk to him give him my phone number and tell him to give me a call sometime

I did have a couple of my soldiers feet under my armpits a couple of times because they were very cold and we feared possible frost bite if we did not get them warmed back up. I have a picture of that somewhere but not sure where. Will try to find it and show it later. Have to take a picture from my cell phone off of the old Polaroids. We had a few soldiers get frostbite and one even lost a couple of fingers. Only thing that froze on me was my brain according to my wife. We were in the mountains for about a week during one training mission and when you had to take a dump you could not dig a hole (ground too frozen) so, you just did it (quickly for sure) and then had to pick it up afterwards and put it in these blue zip lock bags. Could not leave it on the ground. Any unit that did leave any had to go back up and pick it up.

Oh and yeah, fastest dumps you ever take in your life. You always waited until you could not wait anymore and then go. Could not afford to let the Johnson get frost bite.

TMI and a Demosocialcommunist Liberal delicacy from what someone told me....

Good morning D-League.

It is a beautiful morning with 63° and clear skies. The sun will be bright and warm. Our high this afternoon will be 82°. Nice day to play golf or head out to the Gulf

Until I went into the army I had never worn gloves. I did not own a pair. I even got through 4 years at UK with my hands in my pockets when it got cold. When I was in Armor AIT the tanks would get so cold it would rip the skin off of your hand if you put a bare hand on it. This happened to my buddy who was from Florida. We bonded pretty fast because we were from the same area. He put his bare hand on the tank and it stuck to the metal like a tongue sticks to a pole and when he jerked it blood started pouring out of his hand. He screamed and looked at me and said "what am I doing in this God forsaken tundra of polar ice?" I laughed and said you got DRAFTED. Just forget about sun and beaches and girls in bikinis cause you ain't going anywhere big boy, And put your gloves on.

I trust all have a good day. With all of this talk about cold weather, ice, snow and frostbite I am going to put a blanket on the ground and layout today. I want to get so hot I will be immune to cold weather. I can live without it.

I said a prayer this morning for Cord and his family. May God bring them peace in their spirit.

246218206_218146407078099_4851935117658913274_n.jpg
So are those cow-herding turkeys? Or turkey-herding cows?

Hey hey! Funny thing happened. I won $270! Had 2 skins worth $60 each and came in 1st and 2nd in the team game for $150. Some of it was luck of the draw but the skins I got on my own. Same guy was drawn as my partner for both of those teams.

Golf will slow down dramatically for me now. I'll play all winter but not like I have been.

I've got several projects lined up for this winter out in the workshop. It isn't insulated but I've got 2 kerosene heaters that put out 40,000 btu's each. I've had it to 80 in there when it was 20 outside. 1 heater is usually enough.

Hey hey! Funny thing happened. I won $270! Had 2 skins worth $60 each and came in 1st and 2nd in the team game for $150. Some of it was luck of the draw but the skins I got on my own. Same guy was drawn as my partner for both of those teams.

Golf will slow down dramatically for me now. I'll play all winter but not like I have been.

I've got several projects lined up for this winter out in the workshop. It isn't insulated but I've got 2 kerosene heaters that put out 40,000 btu's each. I've had it to 80 in there when it was 20 outside. 1 heater is usually enough.
Way to go man. Opposite for me. Farm work is winding down, so I will finally have time for occasional golf. I have to do it in the cold, wet season, but not complaining, at least the course isn’t so crowded. Played Sunday for the first time in months, had a blast. Score was terrible, but I expected it to be.

Way to go man. Opposite for me. Farm work is winding down, so I will finally have time for occasional golf. I have to do it in the cold, wet season, but not complaining, at least the course isn’t so crowded. Played Sunday for the first time in months, had a blast. Score was terrible, but I expected it to be.
One of my projects is to redo the 144 cedar tee markers I made for them last winter. The wood was green and outgassing blistered the paint on most of them. I'll fix them up and have them looking good for next year. I figured on redoing them each year for the first 3 years or so. Hopefully they'll toughen up over time.

One of my projects is to redo the 144 cedar tee markers I made for them last winter. The wood was green and outgassing blistered the paint on most of them. I'll fix them up and have them looking good for next year. I figured on redoing them each year for the first 3 years or so. Hopefully they'll toughen up over time.
If you need some cedar for the markers, I have a boundary for sale 🤓

I followed the lead of Bertfan31 and made about a gallon chili. I was going to hold off and eat it during the game Saturday. But lo and behold no game Saturday,

So guess what we are having for supper. I will freeze what is left over for the next Saturday. That is what we do
I froze enough for us each to have a big bowl for the next game. I'll probably make a batch of beef stew tomorrow for this weekend.

I followed the lead of Bertfan31 and made about a gallon chili. I was going to hold off and eat it during the game Saturday. But lo and behold no game Saturday,

So guess what we are having for supper. I will freeze what is left over for the next Saturday. That is what we do

I do like to crunch a few crackers at times. Makes me feel better...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT