ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My love for this symbol of my country is overwhelming. The strength this creature of God exudes is scarcely remembered as one reason it has endured as has this nation.

I wonder now how this creation of God will be vilified as somehow an object of prejudice.... If it has not already happened, it will. Just a matter of time.

Isn't that stupid.....😥😡

I stand in awe when I see these birds in real life but I'm thankful... "How Great Thou Art"....
I love to see them in the wild. We back up to a wildlife preserve (grandpa called them swamps) and the amount of species of wildlife are spectacular. There is always some form of wildlife in my yard or the lake behind my house. I counted 21 white egrets out there this morning and yesterday a flock of wild turkeys marched single file through my yard. Probably 11 or 12 in the line.

Of all the things that show up, the Bald Eagle is my favorite. And it is probably the least seen. The eagle in this picture lives about 2 miles from me as the crow flies. His home is in a very high pine tree on the Weeki Wachee River.

Last edited:
At this rate, they'll need a loan department next to the meat department.

5pn0cx.jpg

At this rate, they'll need a loan department next to the meat department.

5pn0cx.jpg
Can you believe this. I wonder where this is? Not long ago you could buy a whole steer for that much.

Tonight my wife has made chicken and dumplings for supper. Homemade like her mama made them. And some Kentucky half runner green beans.

We are not eating high on the hog but dumplings will do.

I love to see them in the wild. We back up to a wildlife preserve (grandpa called them swamps) and the amount of species of wildlife are spectacular. There is always some form of wildlife in my yard or the lake behind my house. I counted 21 white egrets out there this morning and yesterday a flock of wild turkeys marched single file through my yard. Probably 11 or 12 in the line.

Of all the things that show up, the Bald Eagle is my favorite. And it is probably the least seen. The eagle in this picture lives about 2 miles from me as the crow flies. His home is in a very high pine tree on the Weeki Wachee River.

How are the skeeters around your place?

We're dealing with this right now. Lots of pain. She's whining. Can't blame her. Bone was broken, Not an torn ACL as previously suspected. Her and pit bull next door often got into bark fests through the fence. Pup overextended herself. Chasing birds was the breaking point, so to speak.

244752407_10224941819993319_1614557720583460608_n.jpg
Breaks my heart Austin. So tough to watch our furry friends suffer. Hopefully she'll heal quickly.

Chief - I’ve long admired the cumulative wisdom and expertise I’ve seen on display here in the field of competitive non-working and top grade goofing off.

I hope to join those ranks soon.

I've always contended that, while lots of people get paid for being good, the D is full of good-for-nothing men.

Been out of the loop today and just now found out we're 3.5 pt favorites on Saturday.

My phone finally shit the bed last night after 6 years of service. Had a good long conversation with Don as my last act. Went today to buy a new one and they didn't even have phones there. I guess people like Rex Chapman have caused them to rethink having phones on site. They've got the demos for you to look at.

Won $45 in the weekly game because I got paired up with a dude who ended up with a net 64. Told them to just put it on my tab because I thought that would cover everything on there and leave me with a surplus. HAHA, tab was up to $85. I gave him the extra 40 so I could set it back to 0.

Great news!

I have only owned 2 cats. The first passed in his sleep on his sunshiny nap spot on our back patio mid day. He was a great cat. Pretty decent mouser, but had a heart condition just like his momma but worse.

Didn't have another until my 20s. Another farm cat. Feisty and fun. Played fetch better than my current dog. Could barely meow, but could jump off a wall to catch a moth up to 8ft high. Used to bring em in at night when I was done working a 2nd job. Smart cat. Would wait by the door for me to come home for his moth catching fun.

Ex got him in the split and the @%#$! sent the cat to her mom's house rather than take care of it herself or let me do so. Every time that woman went off on a trip somewhere the cat would come sit in my lap all weekend whenever I was home...

Anyhow, not the reason I posted...

Our cat had a real problem with its kidneys for a while. Started throwing up and being real lethargic. Found out the food we were giving it had too much fish in it (tuna specifically which was the cat's favorite) and it was causing extreme kidney problems. Said I couldn't give the cat any more fish out of a can or canned food. Not even the juice.

Cat was unhappy for a while, but healthy after the diet change and giving it a weird herbal concoction I got from a animal studies student at a CC. I had heard others had good results from it with their animals there and online, so I tried it. It was called Km (potassium mineral formula). Smelled mediciny so I didn't think my cat would touch it, but it drank it like I used to drink Bourbon and whiskey.

Vet was shocked at how quick our cat's kidneys recovered. It actually waited after meals for me to give it more of that stuff. Kinda cool

Don't know where I'd get it now

Growing up on a farm i learned to not get attached to animals. But this cat i have. Its kidney failure he's facing. We're giving him fluids at home for a week. It's a chance. We'll see.

Sir,

One thing in the area of Virginia I live in are parks where these majestic birds can be spotted. My darling and I enjoy our walks in these parks that are only tempered by the concern for snakes. We stay on the beaten path(s) in the summer and fall. Still way too warm now for treks across the areas we'd love to hike. (My Darling would try it anyway but me and Cobra's have an understanding my Darling doesn't understand.)

The Bald Eagles are elusive to see at times for some reason but there are many here.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and clear. Today's high reaching 93°F.

Long night with pup. Both wife and I slept in the living room with her. I woke every few hours when she moved. Pup must stay in a crate with a large plastic e-collar or cone so she refrains from biting herself in the leg at those stitches. Day 2 of this nightmare slowly unfolds.

Happy Friday.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Do_LS1gW0AEiIhn.jpg

Great! Glad y’all saw them. We have had sightings close to our home, so it’s just a matter of time hopefully. I really don’t care, as I have livestock to tend to/protect, but the wife really wants to see one. May have to show her one strung up from my tractor loader someday, hope not though.
Black bears have been sighted in and around the Louisville area the last two or three years......I think Prospect was the last sighting I read about. It wasn't that many years ago that I read that they were moving back into E. Kentucky........

Good morning D-League. Packing up for the eight hour drive back to Maryland.

This getaway to Tennessee was too short. I’m looking at it as a rehearsal for retirement, and thinking I’ve almost perfected the talent of not working.

Hope you all have a good day.
The thing about retirement you have to learn is........break time last longer and you get many more of them.........my breaks work out to about 60% of my work day.........I know that is paltry percentage......I am working on getting it up to the 75% range........

Can you believe this. I wonder where this is? Not long ago you could buy a whole steer for that much.

Tonight my wife has made chicken and dumplings for supper. Homemade like her mama made them. And some Kentucky half runner green beans.

We are not eating high on the hog but dumplings will do.
While I do eat beef I am not a big beef fan........I like ground beef but I would be OK with never eating a steak.........I would pick the dumplings over the steak........except....I would be using either duck, rabbit or squab to flavor the dumplings.........

Good Friday Morning D League

Football weekend is about to begin. High schools tonight and Big Saturday tomorrow.. I have the SEC Network on and they are hyping the Cats vs. LSU. It is going to be big and I hope the Cats rise to the moment. It is important.

And now to the weather. We will have a pleasant day, it is 68° and the sun is coming up. We have a 65% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon with a high of 84°

I have a few citrus trees to spray this morning and maybe detail my truck. I am just going to hang around and get ready for some football. Speaking of black bears one climb a neighbors tree a couple of years ago and fell out with a thud. We actually have ?bear huntin' season" down here. Of course there is a limit as to how many tags the state issues. I doubt I will do any hunting in the future but it would have been nice to give it try back in the day. I keep this posted in my garage.

Y'all take care

223465438_2679437189015480_4785213360243932457_n.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Today's weather is going to be mid to upper 90's with tomorrow going to possibly be record breaking for this time of year. Once again, I need my cooler weather.

Praying for those animals with the problems here. They are part of the family after all. No matter how annoying they can be sometimes. 4 Dogs and 3 cats at my house does sometimes grate on me but, for the most part they are more of a blessing than a hinderance. It is only when they all want attention at the same time that it gets bothersome.

Looking forward to the game this weekend. Will probably go fishing tomorrow or Sunday morning. With the weather still being hot it will be short lived.

The thing about retirement you have to learn is........break time last longer and you get many more of them.........my breaks work out to about 60% of my work day.........I know that is paltry percentage......I am working on getting it up to the 75% range........
I have to fight off the couch potato urge. This morning after working out (missed yesterday due to laziness) I will dust and clean (vacuum) the house. One more grass cutting for the year is coming but, I am waiting to make sure that is so.

awf:

"While I do eat beef I am not a big beef fan........I like ground beef but I would be OK with never eating a steak.........I would pick the dumplings over the steak........except....I would be using either duck, rabbit or squab to flavor the dumplings........."

Never been a steak guy myself, did not have many growing up. Had a few out at restaurants but, when I order them and ask for well done they generally don't com back well done. My wife and daughter like them and eat them when they can. With prices going up as much as they are I doubt they will eat too many in the future.

Sir,

One thing in the area of Virginia I live in are parks where these majestic birds can be spotted. My darling and I enjoy our walks in these parks that are only tempered by the concern for snakes. We stay on the beaten path(s) in the summer and fall. Still way too warm now for treks across the areas we'd love to hike. (My Darling would try it anyway but me and Cobra's have an understanding my Darling doesn't understand.)

The Bald Eagles are elusive to see at times for some reason but there are many here.
There is a pair of Bald Eagles that hunt a lake about a half mile from me.....they are always sitting in the trees around there.......and Sir......you need to use some asterisks when you us that s***e word around me....😬

While I do eat beef I am not a big beef fan........I like ground beef but I would be OK with never eating a steak.........I would pick the dumplings over the steak........except....I would be using either duck, rabbit or squab to flavor the dumplings.........
Chicken and dumplings are one of those foods that once you get a craving for them it has to be filled. Yesterday my wife came home and said let's go to Cracker Barrel and get some chicken and dumplings. I said why? You make them better than Cracker Barrel could dream of doing. So how about it. She got out the pot, rolled out some dough and in a matter of minutes a big steaming pot was ready to dig into.

I am watching the SEC Network right now and they are featuring Boudin. Might throw a couple on the grill pretty soon.

iu

For ya'll who crave some good dumplings.......look up this video on FaceBook......Hoyt Tidwell's chicken and dumplings........they are just like grandma's..........fool proof......I make them..........simple......and again........I make them......

Chicken and dumplings are one of those foods that once you get a craving for them it has to be filled. Yesterday my wife came home and said let's go to Cracker Barrel and get some chicken and dumplings. I said why? You make them better than Cracker Barrel could dream of doing. So how about it. She got out the pot, rolled out some dough and in a matter of minutes a big steaming pot was ready to dig into.

I am watching the SEC Network right now and they are featuring Boudin. Might throw a couple on the grill pretty soon.

iu
Boudin looks good there. One of my co-worker I shared an office with is fromLafayette, LA and used to bring this and other cajun style meals to us to feast on throughout the day. He made it all himself at his house and, man, he could do a feast like no other.

D-League,
Good morning everyone out there; I hope you're doing well. It's 68 degrees outside, muggy, sticky, humid air along with fog and clouds. After getting deluged yet again with tons of rain over the last few days. Good news is that, for the next several days, we are supposed to be rain-free. While others are praying for rain, I am praying for DRY weather. High temps in the low 80s. It really doesn't cool off around here until November. With all the rain and humidity, my yard needs mowing in the most terrible way.

I'm expecting the UK football cats to have a tough game tomorrow night. LSU will be playing desperate football with Coach O fighting to save his job; well, that's what Paul Finebaum and some of his famous callers are saying. It still puzzles me how a coach can win a championship two years ago, then the masses are calling for his head just a couple years later. Some folks just have no patience at all and act entitled. Chill out, it's just a game (to me it is anyway)/

Who else is watching the MLB playoffs!!!!!!???? Tampa Bay took down Boston last night in game one and Houston Astros won big against the White Sox. Now, today, this Braves take on the Brewers along with LA Dodgers/San Fran Giants.

Intesting stat about the young, future star of the Tampa Bay Rays, 20- year old Wander Franco. He reached base in 43 consecutive games, passing Mickey Mantle's 36 game mark and tying Frank Robinson for consective games reaching base for 20 year old or younger players. Crazy, isn't it? That guy is fun to watch and a true "gamer" for the Rays.

You all have a nice day; make the best of it in this crazy world we live in that growing darker by the day. Trust God and acknowedge Him in all your ways and he'll make your path straight.

Later

Boudin looks good there. One of my co-worker I shared an office with is fromLafayette, LA and used to bring this and other cajun style meals to us to feast on throughout the day. He made it all himself at his house and, man, he could do a feast like no other.
Ah Cajun food. Does it get any better? This is LSU weekend so Cajun is mandatory. We have several little Cajun places around here and one has a "food trailer" that pops up all over the county. This is the menu. I always walk out with some boudin for $6.25

o.jpg

o.jpg

Ah Cajun food. Does it get any better? This is LSU weekend so Cajun is mandatory. We have several little Cajun places around here and one has a "food trailer" that pops up all over the county. This is the menu. I always walk out with some boudin for $6.25

o.jpg

o.jpg
From that menu, for lunch, I'll take the Louisiana Cajun Fried Fish with sides of boiled potato and fried corn.... Then, later on, for supper time and ballgame time, I'll take Mom's Famous Gumbo and an order to Boudin; thrown in a few Beignets also.

D-League,
Good morning everyone out there; I hope you're doing well. It's 68 degrees outside, muggy, sticky, humid air along with fog and clouds. After getting deluged yet again with tons of rain over the last few days. Good news is that, for the next several days, we are supposed to be rain-free. While others are praying for rain, I am praying for DRY weather. High temps in the low 80s. It really doesn't cool off around here until November. With all the rain and humidity, my yard needs mowing in the most terrible way.

I'm expecting the UK football cats to have a tough game tomorrow night. LSU will be playing desperate football with Coach O fighting to save his job; well, that's what Paul Finebaum and some of his famous callers are saying. It still puzzles me how a coach can win a championship two years ago, then the masses are calling for his head just a couple years later. Some folks just have no patience at all and act entitled. Chill out, it's just a game (to me it is anyway)/

Who else is watching the MLB playoffs!!!!!!???? Tampa Bay took down Boston last night in game one and Houston Astros won big against the White Sox. Now, today, this Braves take on the Brewers along with LA Dodgers/San Fran Giants.

Intesting stat about the young, future star of the Tampa Bay Rays, 20- year old Wander Franco. He reached base in 43 consecutive games, passing Mickey Mantle's 36 game mark and tying Frank Robinson for consective games reaching base for 20 year old or younger players. Crazy, isn't it? That guy is fun to watch and a true "gamer" for the Rays.

You all have a nice day; make the best of it in this crazy world we live in that growing darker by the day. Trust God and acknowedge Him in all your ways and he'll make your path straight.

Later
My Cards are gone. Since the post mentions Mantle, etc, I can't pass up a short Stan Musial story. Stan was a young guy just called up from the minors in a day when there was no protective equipment or rules to protect hitters. The Dodgers had a pitcher named Van Mungo who was noted for his fastball and headhunting tendencies. Van's first two pitches were head high and tight. Stan lined the third pitch in the gap for a triple. As the ump cleaned off home plate, he called out to Mungo, "Hey Van, you sure scared the hell out of that kid, didn't you?"

The key to eating steak is to chew it up before you attempt to swallow it. When chewed properly, the steak transforms into ground beef. Presto!

Didn't get a chance to get caught up because now I'm running late. I shouldn't have agreed to play this morning because I have to play both days this weekend. I don't have a phone or I would have called him yesterday and cancelled.

Have a good day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT