ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Any doubt this guy was one of the best guitarist of all time?

Yep. I just bought a Roy Clark album a few weeks back. My parents had it when I was a kid and there's no telling how many times I played it. Nice guy too.
I've never expected UK to be any kind of powerhouse in football. All I wanted to see is the day when, if UK was playing any of the big SEC teams, I could truthfully (and not blue gogglely) say "Hey, there's a credible chance that we might actually beat these guys." We are seeing this now.
I can see us becoming one of the top 4 teams in the SEC within the next 4 years. We've got the 22 nd ranked recruiting class last I heard. The more better players we get, the more better players we get. The beast will start to feed itself.

Any doubt this guy was one of the best guitarist of all time?

Good player for sure but that stint was not indicative of his capabilities as a guitar player/ musician as he played a host of instruments. He missed a ton (For him) of notes in that session... very unlike Roy.

He missed very in this performance...

Ole Glenn could hit a lick too...

A finale for this post but Chet, Jerry and Roy get it done....

My Army Buddy back in business...

243448410_10227188158386644_3370877279549091906_n.jpg

Good Saturday Down South Football Morning D

IT IS GAME DAY

It should be another fine day in Dixieland and footballs will be flying through the air. The Cats have a chance to continue on one of the best seasons in our memory, so hello LSU.

The weather is nice down here as the sun comes up. We have 71° and we should hit 83° by midafternoon. 15% chance of rain.

I am starting to feel as pumped as I was a few years ago over at the Citrus Bowl against Penn State. That was a great day to be a Cat fan and we can duplicate that with a win tonight and then just take care of business the rest of the year

Trust all have a great day. Read Matthew 17 and I pray all are well.

RISE AND SHINE IT IS GAME DAY

General%20Photos%20from%20PR%20touched%20up--2.jpg

This is totally unrelated to the subject, and I apologize in advance. The reason I’m posting on Sawnee’s Post is in reference to a post I made earlier today. I noticed Sawnee liked a post I made about the passing of another poster, who posted mainly on the Rafters. I had never met him, but really felt I knew him, because we corresponded through Rafters. I know it sounds silly, but I’ve got a heavy heart today after hearing the news. I won’t bore with detail, but will say this. We are all sharing a kinship, whether we know it or not. We love UK. When that kinship is amplified by other variables, it becomes like family. And when family passes, we grieve. So, don’t really know what I’m trying to say, other than, y’all are like family to me, even if I don’t post every day. I will eventually miss you if I don’t see your post when I check in. So take care, and enjoy every day. I will try and do the same.
Bless you buddy I respected and enjoyed his posting also and was shocked when I saw he had passed away over complications from surgery. He looked to be a picture of health, an avid golfer and then this. It has not been a good couple of years for me as my friends leave one by one. I am at that age I know but it still isn't easy on a person.

I always have lived my life like the little saying below. One of my closest friends was a coworker of more than 50 years ago. He was with me all night in the waiting room when my first son was born. We hung out all the time and then he took a job in Tallahassee, got married and began a family. We lost touch and then last week I got his phone number and gave him a call, We talked two hours and we are going to hook up pretty soon. I was at his wedding and find out he lost his beautiful wife to cancer. Life is short

243648306_2053844928110438_8854922853303061149_n.jpg

What is for breakfast LSU GAME DAY

How about Andouille Sausage and Tabasco Sauce Cajun Scramble

It is as easy as it sounds. Andouille sausage, eggs, potatoes, onions, peppers and plenty of Tabasco sauce for some spice and flavor. It is cooking now and the smell would wake up a drunken sailor. Ahhhhh. delicious.

Served with butter toasted French bread and a big pot of chicory coffee

Happy Saturday D-League.

What an opportunity for the Cats today - beat a down LSU team and the possibilities for maybe the greatest Kentucky season in more than 40 years suddenly start to feel real.

Not much on the schedule today. I hope it’s a good one for all you fellows.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 65° and overcast here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a mix of clouds and sun and a high of 80°.

Huge game for the Cats today. They will be seeking their first 6-0 start since 1950..

Everyone stay safe on this Saturday.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and clear with 89% humidity. Today's high topping out at 91°F. Front coming in next week bringing rain and cooler temperatures.

Happy Caturday! Let's go, UK!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

72316828_10157053192589091_3814196782963884032_n.jpg
Beer and Pizza Day? I'm pretty sure you just made this one up. Bless your heart!

My first game face of the day is gonna be on soon. I don't know who my opponent is going to be today but I do know that he is going to lose. Not necessarily because of my prowess, but more because I'll be playing one of their weakest players.

I already felt confident about the game tonight, but now that I am armed with more information, I just might throw some dollars at the game.

I am an optimist.

On meeting guy from the internet:

I know and have met several. Bertfan, Rooster, Austin, BKO, Ritchie Curtis, OldEvilleCat, Jedwar and lurker. I enjoyed meeting all those good folks and with most it has been many reruns.

I see Bertfan two or three times a year, Austin a couple and Ritchie 5 or 6 times a year. Sherry and I stood up with Ritchie when he got married. He is my second son. So it has been good for me.

Good morning D, read Matthew 17. Beautiful day here in the Berg. Mrs. M had to work in Ohio Co. this morning, hate it when she has to work Saturdays!

Excited about the game tonight, I hope I am just as excited when it's over!!!!

I see there are a few golfers on here, I use to be. Funny story when I was playing. We had a night tournament one year, had florescent golf balls and a florescent marker for the holes. A par three we were shooting at we could look down on the hole, all four shots were within about 6' of the pin or we thought! We were excited that all of us got that close. So we get to the green and the group in front of us had taken the flag and marker and moved it to the opposite side of the green. We still ended up paring the hole. It was a good time and the money went to a good cause!!!

I hope the D has a great day and go CATS! Prayers for the D!!!!

I watched the video about the dumplings, I was hoping that it was a spoon drop dumpling. That is one thing that we can't figure out, is how our MOM made them. We have tried but they are just not like hers!!!!

I will be watching the Red River Rivalry (Texas vs Oklahoma) shortly. No matter who the better team is for that year you can just throw that out. It is generally a good game.

On the subject of meeting members of the D-League, I too have never met anyone of you but, the next time I am out that way I will tell you before I go. I generally work my way from I44 out of Elgin OK to OKC then 240 in OKC to I40 out of OKC all the way through Arkansas and Tennessee taking 440 out of Nashville to I65 up to E-Town and Louisville. I was thinking about taking a trip this month or next but, my wife's work problems have put a damper on it. They are trying to implement mandatory shots and if the do she will quit and look for a new job. Don't want to spend any extra money at this time.

I will be watching the Red River Rivalry (Texas vs Oklahoma) shortly. No matter who the better team is for that year you can just throw that out. It is generally a good game.

On the subject of meeting members of the D-League, I too have never met anyone of you but, the next time I am out that way I will tell you before I go. I generally work my way from I44 out of Elgin OK to OKC then 240 in OKC to I40 out of OKC all the way through Arkansas and Tennessee taking 440 out of Nashville to I65 up to E-Town and Louisville. I was thinking about taking a trip this month or next but, my wife's work problems have put a damper on it. They are trying to implement mandatory shots and if the do she will quit and look for a new job. Don't want to spend any extra money at this time.
If you are ever on what use to be the old Western Ky parkway through the Berg, give me a shout!!! Or any of the D!!!

Last edited:
On meeting guy from the internet:

I know and have met several. Bertfan, Rooster, Austin, BKO, Ritchie Curtis, OldEvilleCat, Jedwar and lurker. I enjoyed meeting all those good folks and with most it has been many reruns.

I see Bertfan two or three times a year, Austin a couple and Ritchie 5 or 6 times a year. Sherry and I stood up with Ritchie when he got married. He is my second son. So it has been good for me.
I guess this forum is a type of social media, don’t know. It’s the only internet interaction I have or have ever had to be honest, with other people. I don’t even do email, drives my family crazy. Guess I’m just old fashioned, but to be honest, technology isn’t my thing. But if I were ever inclined to meet people that I interact with on the internet, it would definitely be y’all people on here. I don’t doubt that you are all as genuine as you seem to be. Enough about that. Got my farm work done for the day and looking forward to a Tiger ass whipping tonight, with a few drinks. Enjoy the game all, I think it’s going to be a good one. Hopefully we come out on top!

I guess this forum is a type of social media, don’t know. It’s the only internet interaction I have or have ever had to be honest, with other people. I don’t even do email, drives my family crazy. Guess I’m just old fashioned, but to be honest, technology isn’t my thing. But if I were ever inclined to meet people that I interact with on the internet, it would definitely be y’all people on here. I don’t doubt that you are all as genuine as you seem to be. Enough about that. Got my farm work done for the day and looking forward to a Tiger ass whipping tonight, with a few drinks. Enjoy the game all, I think it’s going to be a good one. Hopefully we come out on top!
Same here with this being the only social media I am on.

Got my farm work done for the day and looking forward to a Tiger ass whipping tonight, with a few drinks. Enjoy the game all, I think it’s going to be a good one. Hopefully we come out on top!
I get the jitters before a game and today is no exception. So many things can happen in a football game. One stat they have been kicking around today is Coach O is 14-1 after coming off of a loss. 14-1.

LSU is fighting for their life and dignity. The coach is on the hottest hot seat which makes them dangerous. What do they say about a wounded wild animal. Coach Stoops has to have them ready to play. You can't take tonight off. Not with so much at stake and a chance to move up the respect ladder in college football. Go Cats.

I get the jitters before a game and today is no exception. So many things can happen in a football game. One stat they have been kicking around today is Coach O is 14-1 after coming off of a loss. 14-1.

LSU is fighting for their life and dignity. The coach is on the hottest hot seat which makes them dangerous. What do they say about a wounded wild animal. Coach Stoops has to have them ready to play. You can't take tonight off. Not with so much at stake and a chance to move up the respect ladder in college football. Go Cats.
I agree. But if you can’t get up for a game that gets you to 6 and 0 for the first time in maybe 70 years, what does it take? But you never know with 20 year olds. Hopefully, the crowd is rocking like last week. That’s gotta help.

Stopped in a Denny's for breakfast this morning. The greeter said he could seat us but it would be a 45 minute wait for service. They had no employees to serve us. Pass. I did appreciate the heads up though.
45 minutes for a sausage biscuit? I could kill a hog and at least grind the sausage in that time. Me thinks it’s all coming back to that anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT