ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I am a college football fan and I dream of the day UK fans will rock the stadium like many other SEC teams. Tom Petty was a native of Gainesville and the UF fans start every 4th quarter singing his song "I Won't Back Down".

I know you have been to the Swamp and seen it and that is the kind of atmosphere I would like Kentucky to have.

Yeah, I know that's right. I caught a glimpse of that right before the 4th quarter on tv. We do need something like that at Commonwealth stadium. Haha, I wonder what Dr. Fauci and Sleepy Joe think about that crowd?

Morning Legionnaires!

High today going to be triple digits again. Suppose to drop 20° Tomorrow. We will see.

Taking daughter to OU medical center today, leaving in 2 hours. She has pre-op prep for tomorrow. She is going to have surgery removing an upper rib and trimming another one because they have malformed which has caused pain and a problem with numbness and no control of her left hand when raising it up above her head. They will also remove some muscle tissue and decompress the area. She will have to stay in the hospital a couple of days afterward so, my wife is staying up there while I have the animals to take care of. Daughter said she is not nervous, at least not yet. Yesterday was like a normal day so maybe not. We will see how today and tomorrow goes.
My thoughts are with your daughter today. Sounds like she'll have a better quality of life after this is over with.

Yeah, that was big news back in the day. They could've done that scene in several other malls in Illinois and it would've looked the same. Great idea for it's time (the mall concept) as it was the precursor to the internet. It WAS shopping and social media all at once, complete with bullies and mall (keyboard) warriors.

I just miss orange julius and arcades with theaters next door.
Yeah it was kind of a nice trip back in time.

I'm not worried about anything but leadership with the football team.

I like this staff, but they have to realize their role in leading the team to "get by" instead of "pound into the ground". It's 100% part of Stoops' coaching to get conservative after they've had some success. He can't deny it.

He talks about making "mistakes of aggression" being a good thing rather than "playing hesitant" and then he goes ultra conservative/ hesitant himself when they have a lead. You can't have it both ways. Are you going to stick with what works, or coast and give the other team a chance to catch up and perhaps win?
If you follow Kentucky over the years you notice they have a tendency to play down to their opposition.. UK will bring in 3 or 4 inferior opponents each season and you look on paper and they should blow them out. But half of the time they are in a dog fight until the end.

It is predictable and I don't know the answer as to why. Is it the coaching? Is it the lack of fans being enthusiastic at games? Other than Vandy, UK has the quietest fans in the SEC. It takes something to get UK fans on their feet and making some noise. I guess that is what you get when you do not have a football tradition and most of your fans prefer basketball. UK has a few hard core football fans just not enough to equal the other teams in the SEC.

On a much more serious note, was texting with my son a couple hours ago, and I told him I thought the weather radar was stuck ( it’s constant light rain here all day), and he said “well, the Kentucky governor said all along y’all should limit cross state travel “. So I guess that’s why it’s stuck on the Kentucky-Tennessee border lol. We need another Supreme Court intervention, else we may drown.
Yeap. Dang politicians! It started our rain here at 4:00 am Saturday and it is still going. We are now up to 2.53 inches and it is still raining.

You are obviously missing a den.

I listen to a lot of genres of music. Two I don't care much for are opera and classic jazz (but I do like smooth jazz but I'm not sure it should even be called jazz).
Ditto

I had to go to an opera in college to collect my 3 hours in music appreciation. It was supposed to be in English and I did not understand a word with all the high notes and other crap. It was a long evening.

I love the old jazz, but agree the progressive Jazz is a stretch to even be called music.

Morning Legionnaires!

High today going to be triple digits again. Suppose to drop 20° Tomorrow. We will see.

Taking daughter to OU medical center today, leaving in 2 hours. She has pre-op prep for tomorrow. She is going to have surgery removing an upper rib and trimming another one because they have malformed which has caused pain and a problem with numbness and no control of her left hand when raising it up above her head. They will also remove some muscle tissue and decompress the area. She will have to stay in the hospital a couple of days afterward so, my wife is staying up there while I have the animals to take care of. Daughter said she is not nervous, at least not yet. Yesterday was like a normal day so maybe not. We will see how today and tomorrow goes.

God's peace and my prayer is that full healing occur. God Bless your daughter. May God's comforting love and protection overwhelm and completely engulf your daughter, and you, and your wife. I will keep your family in prayer.

Morning Legionnaires!

Best of luck to her. But modern medicine can do wonders.

I'm listening to the Jones show and they said that Coen said he overlooked Chattanooga because he didn't think they were that good. Matt says he's glad he told the truth.

I think he was lying. Every time I heard him and Stoops talk prior to the game they both said UTC had all their starters back and nearly the entire team is seniors or more. When you've been a Kentucky fan as long as we have, it's easy to see right through coachspeak bullshit.

They outplayed us and outcoached us, plain and simple. Their coach was aggressive and ours went back to his default of conservative.

Maybe I am driving a Ferrari and you're driving a Volkswagen Bug. You'll beat me in a race if I'm too scared to shift out of first gear.

I am a college football fan and I dream of the day UK fans will rock the stadium like many other SEC teams. Tom Petty was a native of Gainesville and the UF fans start every 4th quarter singing his song "I Won't Back Down".

I know you have been to the Swamp and seen it and that is the kind of atmosphere I would like Kentucky to have.

Neat. Must be a relatively recent tradition as I don't recall it the times I was there, the last being about 15 years ago.

Hows errbody in Catland doing?
A little bit of moisture in the area today, s'posed to get a lot the next day or 2.
I figured the Cats would win by a little bit bigger margin...kinda looks as if they did too.
Bert I'm probably really late here, but are you a preferred Buc-ees member yet?
Didn't accomplish a lot this weekend. Thats OK, you need those every now & then.
Grand daughter turned 1 on Saturday. Amazing what new parents put themselves through these days for a 1 yr old....
giphy.gif

Hows errbody in Catland doing?
A little bit of moisture in the area today, s'posed to get a lot the next day or 2.
I figured the Cats would win by a little bit bigger margin...kinda looks as if they did too.
Bert I'm probably really late here, but are you a preferred Buc-ees member yet?
Didn't accomplish a lot this weekend. Thats OK, you need those every now & then.
Grand daughter turned 1 on Saturday. Amazing what new parents put themselves through these days for a 1 yr old....
giphy.gif
Hey buddy! Glad to see you stopped by!

@UK82 I hooked the amp you gave me. I ran it off the DAC you gave me earlier. Sounds awesome but I'm going to play with it later to see if I get a little more upper end out it. Not a problem with the amp, it's probably the V-Moda headphones I'm using. Review says they tend to lack some treble response.

I listened to several cuts from Led Zep and Pink Floyd, songs where I know every note, and heard some things i had never noticed before. That's always fun!
If you want a really good pair of headphones..........try SONY MDR-7506........I like to play my electric guitar through a Zoom Box with my headphones.......I get the same sound as if it is coming through the amp......very crisp........I bought them on the recommendation from my cousin.........he told me when you see stage hands and guitar handlers you will see these headphones on them.....great sound without having to get a loan to buy them......

Yeap. Dang politicians! It started our rain here at 4:00 am Saturday and it is still going. We are now up to 2.53 inches and it is still raining.
We got a little rain yesterday evening and about an inch overnight......I watered my sweet potatoes Thursday.........hey do you folks like spicy food..........in the spring when I start training birds I plan on stopping in and meeting/ you......

Thank you guys for all of the well wishes and prayers for my daughter. She did the pre surgery prep this morning and we are now back home. She is still very calm and seems to be actually looking forward to tomorrow. My wife has to have her there at the OU Medical Center at 0530 in the morning and the surgery will start at 0730. Did not know doctors operated that early. Wife originally said she will drive her there since she will be staying up there the next couple of days. Now, since it takes us about an 1hr and 20min to get there it means they will have to leave our house at around 0400 in the morning. She is now trying to talk me into driving them there and picking them up when the doctor says my daughter can be released. My wife is not an early morning person.

Thank you guys for all of the well wishes and prayers for my daughter. She did the pre surgery prep this morning and we are now back home. She is still very calm and seems to be actually looking forward to tomorrow. My wife has to have her there at the OU Medical Center at 0530 in the morning and the surgery will start at 0730. Did not know doctors operated that early. Wife originally said she will drive her there since she will be staying up there the next couple of days. Now, since it takes us about an 1hr and 20min to get there it means they will have to leave our house at around 0400 in the morning. She is now trying to talk me into driving them there and picking them up when the doctor says my daughter can be released. My wife is not an early morning person.
Wishing for the best for your daughter and you too.

I thought the expression for us old guys was, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." Maybe I got that wrong. Memory is the second thing to go...
No, you’re right. And you’re wrong, at least in my case. Maybe for me, memory went first, and I only can’t remember what I choose to forget. And remember last night as if were 1985. At least that’s how I explain morning stiffness (no pun intended).

Morning Legionnaires!

Best luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT