ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

242046132_6439200542787267_8874025370199783616_n.jpg

Interesting bit of trivia I thought.

Ellen Naomi Cohen, better know as Mama Cass of The Mamas & The Papas would have turned 80 years old today.

Cass passed away in London on July 29, 1974 of a heart attack. There have been stories that she choked on a ham sandwich, which could not be farther from the truth. She died of heart failure. She was staying at her friend Harry Nilsson's flat when she died. (A few years later, The Who's Keith Moon would die in the same room, in the same bed at the same age as Cass was, 32).

I have watched Citizen Kane a couple of times. It is always rated as one of the all-time greatest movies. But, for the life of me, I can't see what was so great about it. I guess I'm just weird.

Same way with a couple of the supposedly greatest record albums. "Blue" - Joni Mitchell and "Blue Train" - John Coltrane

I have a den and my wife has a den, each with our own tv of course. Never ever are we watching the same program (she is a Fox News addict). It helps explain why we haven't gotten one of these old-age divorces.

Last edited:
Our stick ponies were just sticks with a piece of string tied on the end. Never had (or ever saw) one with a horse head on it. Strange that we didn't get tired while riding on that stick.
Sticks? You had sticks! Braggart! We had dirt, and it was uphill both ways. And we LIKED it!

UK women lost the volleyball game to ul, but that was first time we had lost to them since 2012. Those ladies are doing their part in the rivalry. Give em a hand!

I have watched Citizen Kane a couple of times. It is always rated as one of the all-time greatest movies. But, for the life of me, I can't see what was so great about it. I guess I'm just weird.

Same way with a couple of the supposedly greatest record albums. "Blue" - Joni Mitchell and "Blue Train" - John Coltrane

I have a den and my wife has a den, each with our own tv of course. Never ever are we watching the same program (she is a Fox News addict). It helps explain why we haven't gotten one of these old-age divorces.
Never seen Citizen Kane, haven't listened to either Joni Mitchell or John Coltrane, and don't have a den (envious). Am I missing something?

Never seen Citizen Kane, haven't listened to either Joni Mitchell or John Coltrane, and don't have a den (envious). Am I missing something?
On a much more serious note, was texting with my son a couple hours ago, and I told him I thought the weather radar was stuck ( it’s constant light rain here all day), and he said “well, the Kentucky governor said all along y’all should limit cross state travel “. So I guess that’s why it’s stuck on the Kentucky-Tennessee border lol. We need another Supreme Court intervention, else we may drown.

242046132_6439200542787267_8874025370199783616_n.jpg

Interesting bit of trivia I thought.

Ellen Naomi Cohen, better know as Mama Cass of The Mamas & The Papas would have turned 80 years old today.

Cass passed away in London on July 29, 1974 of a heart attack. There have been stories that she choked on a ham sandwich, which could not be farther from the truth. She died of heart failure. She was staying at her friend Harry Nilsson's flat when she died. (A few years later, The Who's Keith Moon would die in the same room, in the same bed at the same age as Cass was, 32).
She is still one of my favorite female singers........I first seen her on the Johnny Carson Show. Beautiful voice.....

You are obviously missing a den.

I listen to a lot of genres of music. Two I don't care much for are opera and classic jazz (but I do like smooth jazz but I'm not sure it should even be called jazz).

Last edited:
@UK82 I hooked the amp you gave me. I ran it off the DAC you gave me earlier. Sounds awesome but I'm going to play with it later to see if I get a little more upper end out it. Not a problem with the amp, it's probably the V-Moda headphones I'm using. Review says they tend to lack some treble response.

I listened to several cuts from Led Zep and Pink Floyd, songs where I know every note, and heard some things i had never noticed before. That's always fun!

@UK82 I hooked the amp you gave me. I ran it off the DAC you gave me earlier. Sounds awesome but I'm going to play with it later to see if I get a little more upper end out it. Not a problem with the amp, it's probably the V-Moda headphones I'm using. Review says they tend to lack some treble response.

I listened to several cuts from Led Zep and Pink Floyd, songs where I know every note, and heard some things i had never noticed before. That's always fun!
The Garage amp is adjustable for gain, bandwidth and impedance so it's just a matter of fine tuning for your V-Moda headphones. It'll power just about any headphone on the market. I have a pair of 600-ohm Beyerdynamics and it had no problem keeping up once I got the settings right. Here's the website for the Project Polaris:

Thanks!

edit: they are 32 ohm
Should be easy to fine tune. It's really a matter of personal preference. You might not even notice much of a difference in some settings. I would try everything in mid-settings and work from there. With 32 ohm headphones I wouldn't go with high impedance. Bandwidth is a matter of personal taste. It's a roll-off of the high notes which can lead to listener's fatigue. Tubes and analog are noted for easier listening. This is a fairly powerful amp so go easy on the gain but it's up to you. Another option, try it without the DAC.

Last edited:
Watching The Blues Brothers movie. Here's the scoop on the mall scene car chase.

Should be easy to fine tune. It's really a matter of personal preference. You might not even notice much of a difference in some settings. I would try everything in mid-settings and work from there. With 32 ohm headphones I wouldn't go with high impedance. Bandwidth is a matter of personal taste. It's a roll-off of the high notes which can lead to listener's fatigue. Tubes and analog are noted for easier listening. This is a fairly powerful amp so go easy on the gain but it's up to you. Another option, try it without the DAC.
I used the DAC to connect to my computer.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and clear. We may hit 101°F today. Summer still can't let go. Cold front due by Wednesday. Our lows could reach low 50s by then. Time for long pants again during walks.

Watched lots of football over the weekend. Plenty excitement. I also hit up Lowe's yesterday for new hose and sprinkler.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

70796666_2408314535919648_407299187563036672_n.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

High today going to be triple digits again. Suppose to drop 20° Tomorrow. We will see.

Taking daughter to OU medical center today, leaving in 2 hours. She has pre-op prep for tomorrow. She is going to have surgery removing an upper rib and trimming another one because they have malformed which has caused pain and a problem with numbness and no control of her left hand when raising it up above her head. They will also remove some muscle tissue and decompress the area. She will have to stay in the hospital a couple of days afterward so, my wife is staying up there while I have the animals to take care of. Daughter said she is not nervous, at least not yet. Yesterday was like a normal day so maybe not. We will see how today and tomorrow goes.

Good morning D-League.

Did you see that moon last night ? Wow

We have a morning temperature of 72° with thunderstorms trying to come to shore out of the Gulf. Our high will be 82°. Next week should see the 60's. I am still smarting from Saturday's game but we must put that behind us and move forward. A win at South Carolina will go a long way to having a good season.

Prayers for your daughter WC. May the Lord be with her. I read Malicah 1
Trust all have a nice day.

The Harvest Moon.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRoLE1X2hYIFP8V4dd_DsCf

Good morning D, today starts a stretch of three days in a row of therapy for me on my left leg, got till tomorrow to make my decision on my trip to Arkansas, as of this morning I think I can go.

Read Malachi 1.

WC, your daughter is going on our GOD KNOWS LIST this morning, we don't know her, but GOD does!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!!

Bert with your busy schedule, I hope after Mrs. M retires (she tells everybody she has less than 52 weeks) that I can make an appointment to visit you and Sherry, maybe even get to meet Mr. Jessie.

Watching The Blues Brothers movie. Here's the scoop on the mall scene car chase.

Yeah, that was big news back in the day. They could've done that scene in several other malls in Illinois and it would've looked the same. Great idea for it's time (the mall concept) as it was the precursor to the internet. It WAS shopping and social media all at once, complete with bullies and mall (keyboard) warriors.

I just miss orange julius and arcades with theaters next door.

Good marnin, D-League! Neighbors cow and the relocating boats woke me up a good while here and there, but otherwise a decent morning wakeup. Get to go get chewed out by my NP for not doing anything we talked about a month ago, then work some more!

Had a great meal in Lexington at The Cellar this weekend while watching sports on over 15 screens. Just wish I'd seen my teams play better.

Hope you're all safe, healthy, and productive as you wanna be today! May God keep you in His hands!

Good morning D, today starts a stretch of three days in a row of therapy for me on my left leg, got till tomorrow to make my decision on my trip to Arkansas, as of this morning I think I can go.

Read Malachi 1.

WC, your daughter is going on our GOD KNOWS LIST this morning, we don't know her, but GOD does!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!!

Bert with your busy schedule, I hope after Mrs. M retires (she tells everybody she has less than 52 weeks) that I can make an appointment to visit you and Sherry, maybe even get to meet Mr. Jessie.

Hope that therapy goes great!

Good morning D-League.

Did you see that moon last night ? Wow

We have a morning temperature of 72° with thunderstorms trying to come to shore out of the Gulf. Our high will be 82°. Next week should see the 60's. I am still smarting from Saturday's game but we must put that behind us and move forward. A win at South Carolina will go a long way to having a good season.

Prayers for your daughter WC. May the Lord be with her. I read Malicah 1
Trust all have a nice day.

The Harvest Moon.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teRoLE1X2hYIFP8V4dd_DsCf

Beautiful! Cloudy here last night and rainy. No beautiful moons to look at

Morning Legionnaires!

High today going to be triple digits again. Suppose to drop 20° Tomorrow. We will see.

Taking daughter to OU medical center today, leaving in 2 hours. She has pre-op prep for tomorrow. She is going to have surgery removing an upper rib and trimming another one because they have malformed which has caused pain and a problem with numbness and no control of her left hand when raising it up above her head. They will also remove some muscle tissue and decompress the area. She will have to stay in the hospital a couple of days afterward so, my wife is staying up there while I have the animals to take care of. Daughter said she is not nervous, at least not yet. Yesterday was like a normal day so maybe not. We will see how today and tomorrow goes.

Prayers being said for your daughter

Good morning! Alexa says I'm going to have weather here today. That don't confront me none because if I have my way, and I will, I won't be going outside anyway.

Looks like I'll be eating pepperoni pizza at some point today. Not gonna let that one slide by.

Do whatcha gotta do!

Hi D-League,
A new work week is off and running. It's a rainy (what else would you expect around here?), extremely muggy, humid, sticky morning. It's so humid, it feels like I have a thin layer of wet film texture on my body. Since Friday, we've had well over 3" more inches of rain here, adding to the already ridiculous totals for the year.

I'm still thinking about that UTC game. As I've said before, one of my sons attends UTC and, yesterday, it was fun to listen to some of his friends really excited about the game and about how the Mocs could have a good season in their own Southern Conference, if they play as hard as they did against UK. Now, as for UK, I don't know what to think any more. I thought that I would feel much better, more confident going into the South Carolina game, but you know, it is UK football, which team will show up? I hope they'll clean some things up in practice this week and be more focused for the weekend.

I finally got my kitchen pieces put in yesterday to make the area look a bit nicer. Now, if I can find a buyer for my older island/granite top, that would be nice.

As for the Bible study, we finished Ezra and now, may begin an in-depth study of 1st/2nd Peter. Tennis league resumes tonight if the rain would finally end. I'm a somewhat decent tennis player, but mainly I enjoy it because it keeps me moving around and for the company of the players/friends.

Take care and enjoy today

Hi D-League,
A new work week is off and running. It's a rainy (what else would you expect around here?), extremely muggy, humid, sticky morning. It's so humid, it feels like I have a thin layer of wet film texture on my body. Since Friday, we've had well over 3" more inches of rain here, adding to the already ridiculous totals for the year.

I'm still thinking about that UTC game. As I've said before, one of my sons attends UTC and, yesterday, it was fun to listen to some of his friends really excited about the game and about how the Mocs could have a good season in their own Southern Conference, if they play as hard as they did against UK. Now, as for UK, I don't know what to think any more. I thought that I would feel much better, more confident going into the South Carolina game, but you know, it is UK football, which team will show up? I hope they'll clean some things up in practice this week and be more focused for the weekend.

I finally got my kitchen pieces put in yesterday to make the area look a bit nicer. Now, if I can find a buyer for my older island/granite top, that would be nice.

As for the Bible study, we finished Ezra and now, may begin an in-depth study of 1st/2nd Peter. Tennis league resumes tonight if the rain would finally end. I'm a somewhat decent tennis player, but mainly I enjoy it because it keeps me moving around and for the company of the players/friends.

Take care and enjoy today
Please post a picture of that island. I'll see if my real estate friend can help you find a buyer. Is the island/are you near Lexington?

I'm not worried about anything but leadership with the football team.

I like this staff, but they have to realize their role in leading the team to "get by" instead of "pound into the ground". It's 100% part of Stoops' coaching to get conservative after they've had some success. He can't deny it.

He talks about making "mistakes of aggression" being a good thing rather than "playing hesitant" and then he goes ultra conservative/ hesitant himself when they have a lead. You can't have it both ways. Are you going to stick with what works, or coast and give the other team a chance to catch up and perhaps win?

I am a college football fan and I dream of the day UK fans will rock the stadium like many other SEC teams. Tom Petty was a native of Gainesville and the UF fans start every 4th quarter singing his song "I Won't Back Down".

I know you have been to the Swamp and seen it and that is the kind of atmosphere I would like Kentucky to have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT