ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hopefully we will get a break Thursday and see the '40°'s.

After you finish with your bush hog, can I borrow it? :)
Decided to just go ahead and mow today, wet or not. I’ve got too much to do when it dries out, so getting that out of the way. What a mess! About half done and the mower suggests we take a break. If forecasts hold, it should bale by the first of next week 🙂

Well so much for looking forward to having one of those young ladies work on me this morning, dude nearly killed me!!!! That's what I get for thinking like a young man!!!!!
Blew my knee out a couple years ago, had surgery, then LOTS of PT. I know what you mean. Last day of therapy was when I shouted G-damn! They released me after that. And that was with the cute therapist. Don’t know what I would have said to the uncute one.

Thanks again for all of the well wishers. Daughter's surgery took 3 1/2 hours and she is now recovering. A little nauseous first coming out of anesthesia but now doing well. Wife will stay in hospital with her for the next couple of days until they release her. Below is a picture of the area just below her left shoulder before the surgery. The arrow points to the area where one of her rib was growing outward. They removed that rib and cut another one down that was starting to do the same thing. They decompressed the area and cut out some muscle wear there was scar tissue from the bone protruding and calcification was forming. She had been in pain for a while and it was getting worse so she wanted this even though it will be very painful until healed. As I said, she was actually looking forward to the surgery.

Cat-s-rib.jpg

Thanks again for all of the well wishers. Daughter's surgery took 3 1/2 hours and she is now recovering. A little nauseous first coming out of anesthesia but now doing well. Wife will stay in hospital with her for the next couple of days until they release her. Below is a picture of the area just below her left shoulder before the surgery. The arrow points to the area where one of her rib was growing outward. They removed that rib and cut another one down that was starting to do the same thing. They decompressed the area and cut out some muscle wear there was scar tissue from the bone protruding and calcification was forming. She had been in pain for a while and it was getting worse so she wanted this even though it will be very painful until healed. As I said, she was actually looking forward to the surgery.

Cat-s-rib.jpg
Was getting ready to ask how everything went, great news, she will be on our list till you say it's ok to take her off!!!!

Cat-s-rib.jpg
Continued well wishes for her and you. It’s tough watching your kids go through stuff like that, I know. But she is young and kicking high, best of luck to y’all.

My wife still has an uncle that is still alive. He will be 96 next month. He was in the Army Air Corps and bombed the Japanese. He always complained about the long trips to and from the targets.
I just reread this post......I had a new roof a couple of weeks ago..........Hensley Roofing and Guttering if you are in the Lou area and need either.......I have worked and been a customer for 40 yrs........he has a brother in law that runs a stamping machine for him.......the guy is 94 yrs old....

I didn't see this this morning. I've worked in Augusta several times while the Masters was going on but only went one time.
Talking about Augusta and by extension, the golfers, reminds me of a story. During college I worked at a bowling alley. The owner got Don Johnson and Nelson Burton Jr to come put on an exhibition. Both are hall of famers and were in their prime at the time. The manager who was a good friend loved to drink. He took the two of them into the bowling alley lounge and got them drunk as a stump after the exhibition. Both went into a slump following the visit.

Cat-s-rib.jpg
I'm glad to hear that the surgery was a success and that she's doing fine. Here's to a speedy recovery for her.

Otherwise, another meat-grinder of a day ahead for this week at work. The stress is getting to me and I've somehow got to learn to relax a bit. I guess that's why they call it "work", right?

Alright, you all have a good day and we'll check back later.

Same here regarding the stress. For some reason I've been wound up tight lately. Gonna camp out on the acreage for the next 8 days and see if that helps. Get away from things at least for the nights, if not the days

Cat-s-rib.jpg

That looks incredibly painful. I'm glad she's getting some help with it. I can't imagine that

Same here regarding the stress. For some reason I've been wound up tight lately. Gonna camp out on the acreage for the next 8 days and see if that helps. Get away from things at least for the nights, if not the days
When you work for yourself, the stress is self caused. I used to work off the saying that the customer is always right. Now at 74, I don't much care anymore. If I like them, the customer might be right. If I don't like them, buy from somebody else.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F, clear and dry. Today's high forecast at 86°F. We received a trace of rain yesterday. Low tomorrow morning could touch mid-50s.

@warrior-cat : I'm glad your daughter's procedure was a success.

Happy First Day of Fall. Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

f5923790be650bc5513c787eb2969f78.jpg

Good morning D League

Waking up to another nice day, we have a feel good 71° and a slight breeze out of the Southeast. We should have plenty of sun as we reach a high of 81°. We have a 35% chance of rain late afternoon. I can't complain. I had some minor surgery a couple of days ago and can't get in the pool for 7 days so that is a bummer.

Fall arrives at 3:21 PM. Fall is one of our nicer seasons as the rains will be stopping, plenty of sunshine and comfortable temperatures. It is also good because kids are in school and tourism slows down. The Yanks don't show up until after Thanksgiving for the most part.

I trust all have a nice day, free of pain and suffering and a look to the future. Wonder what Joe Biden will screw up today? I read the remainder of Malachi and that concludes the Old Testament. On to the gospels.

I trust Don sees a few deer this morning. When I lived in Cumming, GA we had several visit often and they feasted off of our apple and pear trees.

mq2.jpg

Good morning to all. Haven't been around for a week or so. Did a few posts over on the Political thread, but haven't had a lot of time to post much at all.

Won't go into what I've been doing...but it was interesting.
Kind of going back to my bachelor days....the Mrs is in Seattle for about 6 weeks, so I'll be working on a couple of projects. One is building a daybed for our office...that is no longer a office since I got rid of the desk...and will turn it into a TV lounge and spare bedroom if needed.

Cool. Even though it's Fall today, it normally doesn't get this cool...this early. Will only get to the mid-50s today...with rain. To get down to the 40s tonight and tomorrow night. Guess 'global warming' is a thing of the past. This is 'climate change' I guess. Global warming will be back in a couple/few weeks when we have Indian Summer. Can you have Indian Summer with Global Warming and/or Climate Change? Something there is not PC.
It all gets so confusing.

Y'all have a good day.

Mean old levee.
Taught me to weep and moan!

Good morning! I was up at the crack 0900 to play golf. Wait! What? Rain? 58°? HaHa, can't fool me Mother Nature. I got Netflix babe and I'll be just fine. Hit me with your best shot, I can take it.

Warrior, glad to see your daughter came through OK. Gonna be sore for a while I bet.

Weird thing this AM. My wife made me coffee before she went to work. Well, she didn't exactly make ME coffee, but she made enough for herself that there was 16oz left for me. I vote we make that SOP from this point forward. All in favor, say Aye!

Morning folks. It is a dark, rainy 61.2°F in Smiths Grove. We are supposed to top out at 62°! Over night we got .86 inches of rain. It is supposed to clear off tonight and get down into the 40's.

DW used to have to "schedule" CSX delivery & pickup of tanker cars to/from her chem plant. Had to work with folks in JAX for their engines in Covington. Said they are in a parallel universe.

On CSX: I love those guys, they send me 3 checks a month for life and after I die they will send 2 checks a month to my wife. 32 years I worked there and retired at 53 years old as a company official. That control center you mention in Jacksonville was and still is state of the art. U.S. railroads are the largest users of computers in the country. CSX has a massive complex of fiber optic lines under their rail system and provides data and voice infrastructure for many phone and data companies. Those data systems are used by the control center and have really reduced derailments.

@warrior-cat I hope and pray that your daughter's recovery goes smoothly. Youth is elastic and sometimes repairs are rapid.

Thanks @_Rooster for that good looking train picture. It is good to see a slug pictured. They are wonderful things that save the railroads a lot of money.

On CSX: I love those guys, they send me 3 checks a month for life and after I die they will send 2 checks a month to my wife. 32 years I worked there and retired at 53 years old as a company official.
I went to high school and played basketball for the Silver Grove Big Trains -- I'd say likely the only high school nickname in the country specifically taken from the C&O (later CSX) Railroad.

The school has closed, alas, but the pride of all those who were once Big Trains lingers on, in the echoes of the cheer that used to bring us onto the court to start games: "We're the Big Trains, couldn't be prouder. If you can't hear us we'll yell a little louder."

My college teammates called me "Night Train," a combination of my high school's nickname and my carousing ways...

Best stress relief in the world is to go out into the woods at night with a good treeing hound and build a fire and just sit and listen to him run raccoons.........if that don't calm your soul............you might need to get a jug of corn liquor and do a total reset..........

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F, clear and dry. Today's high forecast at 86°F. We received a trace of rain yesterday. Low tomorrow morning could touch mid-50s.

@warrior-cat : I'm glad your daughter's procedure was a success.

Happy First Day of Fall. Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

f5923790be650bc5513c787eb2969f78.jpg
Blanc wit.....I ordered me some Cote d'Or after seeing this............

Taught me to weep and moan!

Good morning! I was up at the crack 0900 to play golf. Wait! What? Rain? 58°? HaHa, can't fool me Mother Nature. I got Netflix babe and I'll be just fine. Hit me with your best shot, I can take it.

Warrior, glad to see your daughter came through OK. Gonna be sore for a while I bet.

Weird thing this AM. My wife made me coffee before she went to work. Well, she didn't exactly make ME coffee, but she made enough for herself that there was 16oz left for me. I vote we make that SOP from this point forward. All in favor, say Aye!
I haven't worked in over twenty yrs.........I still get up every morning that the Director works and fix a pot of coffee.....4:30 AM............I sleep in till 6 AM on her off days.......

I went to high school and played basketball for the Silver Grove Big Trains -- I'd say likely the only high school nickname in the country specifically taken from the C&O (later CSX) Railroad.

The school has closed, alas, but the pride of all those who were once Big Trains lingers on, in the echoes of the cheer that used to bring us onto the court to start games: "We're the Big Trains, couldn't be prouder. If you can't hear us we'll yell a little louder."

My college teammates called me "Night Train," a combination of my high school's nickname and my carousing ways...
My wife went to high school a few years at Estill County "Home of the Engineers" The mascot was a Train Engine. The little town of Irvine was a railroad town of the L&N and sits on the Kentucky River.

She left the "Engineers" her senior year and went to an Academy in Tennessee where she graduated from high school but she always considered herself an "Estill County Engineer" .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT