ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning! Monday Monday, can't trust this day. Sometimes it just turns out that way.

I can trust that I'll be doing some laundry today, along with the dishes.

Went to McD's yesterday to get the wife and I a couple of chocolate shakes in honor of the day. I hadn't had one for a while but it didn't taste as chocolatey as I remembered.

Have a good day!
Your taste buds are getting too old! :)

Good morning D, beautiful day here but dang!!!

Ended up at urgent care Saturday because of my left leg, they said I have a strained muscle, gave me a steroid shot, can't tell it helped and some prednisone, still got 3 to take. If things don't improve, I won't be going to Arkansas. The only good thing so far is, those 5 pills they gave me was just .15 cents!!!! I really thought I had cracked the bone where I had my hip replaced, still may have to call my sturgeon!!!! May as well laugh!!!

I have been up since 11 last night, seen Kentucky play 3 times since Saturday, their 3 and 0! Icing my leg down and using Bio-freeze as instructed by my personal physical therapist, my daughter in law. Man I don't want to miss that trip!!!!!

I hope the D has a great day, read Zechariah 7 and Prayers for the D!!!!

Our 14-year old dryer bit the dust last night. 10-15 years is the life expectancy so no need to even think about bringing in a repairman. Our Visa bill is going to be a doozy this month mainly due to the new OLED TV. Been awhile since I priced out dryers but I know they're not cheap. Cheaply made maybe.

Pieratts started back with an american made product this year. We got 20+ out of the last Amana dryer we owned.

Bert: I just found out Chattanooga vs Cats game on Sept 18 will also be streamed on SEC Network +. Since we are Spectrum customers, broadcast is free. I must connect my laptop to our TV for the stream. We're cheap and have not yet purchased a smart TV. Anyway, more info:

Q: If a game is airing on both SEC Network+ and ESPN+ simultaneously, where do I watch? A: Both streams will be available in the ESPN App. SEC Network authenticated subscribers of AT&T TV, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH Network, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, Optimum, Sling TV, Spectrum TV, Suddenlink, Verizon Fios, Xfinity TV, YouTube TV, Vidgo, members of the NCTC, as well as those with access to SEC Network through TV connected devices, can watch the game via SEC Network+. If you do not have access to SEC Network, you can access games via a subscription to ESPN+.

I don't have a smart TV either. I refuse to get one. I do however have both a chromecast and a USB bluetooth thingy I can plug into the TV and cast the game from another device. I've done it successfully from my phone AND laptop. Maybe that would work for you?

I don't have a smart TV either. I refuse to get one. I do however have both a chromecast and a USB bluetooth thingy I can plug into the TV and cast the game from another device. I've done it successfully from my phone AND laptop. Maybe that would work for you?
Thanks for the tip. I will check.

It seems most products have changed in taste and quality over the years.

They changed the definition of "natural flavorings" and it jacked everything up. Most people no longer have a clue what real chocolate and vanilla taste like. Same for strawberry. Young folks probably think strawberries don't taste enough like "strawberry" since they're so used to beaver sphincter flavoring, cat dander, or some such

Yep, castoreum is used for strawberry and raspberry flavoring these days....

• No White Tails spotted.
  • Pleased with the Football Cats.
  • Missouri plays us hard.
  • We are better this year. We beat the ship out of Bazelak.
  • I'm decrepit.
  • Missing the trains. Rooster???
  • Our weather is very nice.
  • Nice being back.
  • QB & our daughter were shopping for a suit for a grandson and had trouble getting waited on.
  • Take care guys.

Last edited:
  • I'm decrepit.
  • Nice being back.
  • QB & our daughter were shopping for a suit for a grandson and had trouble getting on.
  • Take care guys.
When I see Don has posted on the D League it gives me hope for the future of America. Now if we can get Rooster back with his trains.

Your taste buds are getting too old! :)
That's not the only thing. I asked for my shake to be a chocolate malt and the young girl said McD's never had malt. I don't think that's true.
No. They are not. Vanilla isn't as real vanillaish as it used to be either.
Vanilla is usually my go to, but since it was a special day I went with chocolate.

Banana's aren't the same as they were when we were younger either.

I just received word that two of my friends have died of COVID the past week. One lived in Monticello, Florida and the second in Alpharetta, GA. One was 58 years old and the second was 61 years old. The friend in North Florida was a farmer and my friend in Georgia was a CPA. Both were in good health for their age with no heart disease or diabetes.

BOTH HAD BEEN VACCINATED . Biden said this was an unvaccinated disease. Two families would beg to differ.

I'm still befuddled because my D-League link has vanished. All other links are intact, Gyero (don't go there), political, NOB, misc., etc.. A bit of a hassle but nothing I can't work around.

Tomato plants are starting to look really ugly. Still plenty on the vines but there will probably be an abundance of greenies by the end of season.
The Director makes Chow chow out of those greenies.....

I just received word that two of my friends have died of COVID the past week. One lived in Monticello, Florida and the second in Alpharetta, GA. One was 58 years old and the second was 61 years old. The friend in North Florida was a farmer and my friend in Georgia was a CPA. Both were in good health for their age with no heart disease or diabetes.

BOTH HAD BEEN VACCINATED . Biden said this was an unvaccinated disease. Two families would beg to differ.
So sorry to hear about your friends Sawnee. Prayers for their families. I'll be 61 in November and have also been vaccinated, good health with no underlying conditions. You never know what the future holds.

The Director's family is located mainly in W. North Carolina........she has two sisters, several nieces/nephews some family like brother/sister in-laws 16 total that were (sic) fully vaccinated that presently have the Chinese Whuhan Virus.......Covid-19.........I know of one young lady(23 yrs old) who has the Whuflu that wasn't vaccinated.....

It seems most products have changed in taste and quality over the years.
A friend of mine who is also an oncologist gave me a 1 litre bottle of Makers Mark that had two Vanilla beans in it.....it was 1995.....he had bottled it in 1985........I took that bottle and split it into two parts and added vanilla beans to both.......it is the best vanilla I have ever tasted.......I gave a 1/2pint that I had spit off several years earlier to some friends who proceeded to drink it instead of using it for cooking purposes........

Last edited:
For the last four days I've been tackling various projects around the house and yard. I'm talking manual labor. I feel pretty good. Perhaps I had come to be too sedentary? Other than golf I don't really do anything that taxes my muscles to the point I have to give that little bit extra to accomplish my goal.

I was pulling vines out of trees that had to be 40 feet long and my body was at about a 60° angle while I pulled hand over hand. I have several different types of gloves that would be perfect for the work I was doing. I call them work gloves. I haven't worn any yet, but I've considered it.

Someday, in the not too distant future, I won't be able to do what I've been doing. At this point I can hit it hard for about an hour straight and then take a break. I've found 23 hours to be the optimum recovery time.

Word of the day - Ibuprofen

A friend of mine who is also an oncologist gave me a 1 litre bottle of Makers Mark that had two Vanilla beans in it.....it was 1995.....he had bottled it in 1985........I took that bottle and spit it into two parts and added vanilla beans to both.......it is the best vanilla I have ever tasted.......I gave a 1/2pint that I had spit off several years earlier to some friends who proceeded to drink it instead of using it for cooking purposes........
I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and think you meant to type "split" instead of "spit".

However, I am rethinking the way I deliver bourbon to Bert.

Having a discussion with my wife about pizza rolls.

Long story short, I bought some pizza rolls at the grocery today for lunch. Deli line was backed up so microwave fare was next in line.

She thinks they should be baked in a 400° oven to achieve the perfect level of crispiness. I think that if you are eating pizza rolls you have already given up and it just doesn't matter.

What do you say D? Female hypotheticals or pragmatism?

Good morning! Monday Monday, can't trust this day. Sometimes it just turns out that way.

I can trust that I'll be doing some laundry today, along with the dishes.

Went to McD's yesterday to get the wife and I a couple of chocolate shakes in honor of the day. I hadn't had one for a while but it didn't taste as chocolatey as I remembered.

Have a good day!
The power of suggestion. I have gained a few pounds with Austin's National whatever days. I am beginning not to like Austin. ;)

Long story short, I bought some pizza rolls at the grocery today for lunch. Deli line was backed up so microwave fare was next in line.

She thinks they should be baked in a 400° oven to achieve the perfect level of crispiness. I think that if you are eating pizza rolls you have already given up and it just doesn't matter.

My wife would agree with your wife and pop in the oven at 400°F.

Microwave action for me.

• I'm decrepit.
  • Nice being back.
  • QB & our daughter were shopping for a suit for a grandson and had trouble getting waited on.
  • Take care guys.
I am sure it has already been said but, not from me. Good to have you back.

A friend of mine who is also an oncologist gave me a 1 litre bottle of Makers Mark that had two Vanilla beans in it.....it was 1995.....he had bottled it in 1985........I took that bottle and spit it into two parts and added vanilla beans to both.......it is the best vanilla I have ever tasted.......I gave a 1/2pint that I had spit off several years earlier to some friends who proceeded to drink it instead of using it for cooking purposes........
I have the Rich Brooks label of Makers Mark bottle. I knew a man who was the supervisor of the FT. Sill ammunitions point. His son was an artist that worked for a company that designs labels and other promotional work for companies that hire them. He designed that bottle label and his dad knowing that I was a UK fan had his son bring one back with him. He gave it to me with the promise not to open it until UK won a NC in football and that if he were still alive we would drink the first shots together. If he was not alive, I would toast the NC to his memory. He is an OU fan but likes UK basketball because of me. THE BOTTLE: (Just took the picture)

20210913-201419.jpg

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and think you meant to type "split" instead of "spit".

However, I am rethinking the way I deliver bourbon to Bert.
I was thinking the same thing. Not the way to deliver alcohol to Bert (not had the honor yet) but, the spitting comment. Had me a bit skeeved.

Last edited:

I agree with your wife on this. Microwaved pizza rolls are a bit flat and too mushy.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 72°F and clear. Today's high may reach 89°F. Even though Hurricane/Tropical Storm Nicholas made landfall in south Texas between Corpus Christi and Houston, our local weather appears largely unaffected. Just a trace of rain. More 90s in store tomorrow.

It's early. I've got nothing else for now.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design7.jpg

Good morning D League

It is 6:00 AM at my house and I am waiting for the sun to rise. We have 72° and clear and our high should reach 87°. It will be full sun all afternoon. It will be a nice day to go fishing or to the beach

In reading the posts this morning I realized I have not had pizza rolls. Am I missing something? I have a case of Vienna Sausage coming from UPS today which the doctor tells me to eat a lot of because I need the protein. Once I get those finished up I will try to find some pizza rolls around here.

I trust all are well and have a nice day.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSPRwQDCRls7956iEZAdjEz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT