ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning folks. Just got back in from going outside to get cold! It was 57°F when I got up. It has been a while since it was that cool here. Now two hours later it is still only 60.8°F on our way to 84.

Glad to see Swanee back home. He was one hour away from me and did not take the time! Bad. :)

MdWildcat when you go through Delaware show Biden the bird!

You folks have a good day. I plan on being lazy.

Good morning folks. Just got back in from going outside to get cold! It was 57°F when I got up. It has been a while since it was that cool here. Now two hours later it is still only 60.8°F on our way to 84.

Glad to see Swanee back home. He was one hour away from me and did not take the time! Bad. :)

I regret not being able to go up your way Bert. I was traveling as a guest and on a very tight schedule. It was a quick trip to celebrate my cousins birthday that was a surprise and put on by her manager and publicist. She has the same manager/agent as Barbara Mandrell and Brenda Lee. We had a great tour behind the scenes and had to get on back to Florida. I would love to come up and will try my best to make it happen.

This is my cousin on my daddy's side of the family.
92257413_2968104269909296_4346757205656076288_n.jpg

And another one at work.

82557509_3255824527766587_2126661371671085056_n.jpg

Interesting morning. Found a homeless woman sleeping in a box at the nearby O'Reilley Auto Parts parking lot. I worried she might get hit by some motorist driving carelessly. Woke her and asked if she needed help. She looked up, said nothing and returned to sleep. Another homeless gal nearby was playing on her phone.

241430981_10224790597332847_5628185669042996899_n.jpg

One of the performers I saw at the Opry last Saturday night was a young 19 year old girl from Lexington, KY, Anne Wilson. She made history by having her first record go to #1. Last night was her first appearance on the Opry and she made a unbelievable impression. Not a bit of nervousness and she rocked the house with 3 songs. She will be back. The first time she sang in public was at the funeral of her 23 year old brother killed in a car wreck.

annewilson.jpg

Show him this one and maybe it will jog his memory.

36T7XKMxqqNvqhmXbLosZ1dF-6vCzswAsNmf3neYsEMJiRob3K82Dj6dM7bcdYzCAYVKOZqUPJC8beRvKH5nuRl3FsGT8HlNDA

Me and Mrs. M were discussing an art that I would like to teach my grandsons, it is the fine art of flying a June Bug!!! The problem is that I have not seen any of them in a while!!!! Don't want to miss out on teaching them this!!!!
Told my daughter about that last month as we were surrounded by them. Used to tie thread to their legs and fly them around.

One of the performers I saw at the Opry last Saturday night was a young 19 year old girl from Lexington, KY, Anne Wilson. She made history by having her first record go to #1. Last night was her first appearance on the Opry and she made a unbelievable impression. Not a bit of nervousness and she rocked the house with 3 songs. She will be back. The first time she sang in public was at the funeral of her 23 year old brother killed in a car wreck.

annewilson.jpg

Purtyner a speckled pup.

So I walk into Costco today - needed gas & wine - and they had a sign up for free FLU vaccine shots. Me being me - all-in on free & vaxes - I race back to the pharmacy. And Costco being Costco, it was closed for the next 35 minutes. I mean it seems like it's closed half the times I'm there.

Good morning D, beautiful here in the Berg, 58!

Read Zechariah 2 this morning.

I hope everyD had a great labor day! This may be the last one we have, I heard they are going to try and find another name for it, because it's offensive to those that don't like working!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!
Being the pragmatic soul that I am, I decided a long time ago that Labor Day would be the only day I work. All the other days I refer to as "retirement".
So I walk into Costco today - needed gas & wine - and they had a sign up for free FLU vaccine shots. Me being me - all-in on free & vaxes - I race back to the pharmacy. And Costco being Costco, it was closed for the next 35 minutes. I mean it seems like it's closed half the times I'm there.
Costco? That sounds pretty gay of you. (i mean that in the nicest nonjudgmental way)

I stayed up last night to watch my second most favorite team take on the dirty birds in front of tens of people. First half was awesome but in the second half, against 2nd and 3rd string SEC players the pigeons were afforded some free points. I didn't like that part but continued to watch.

Next Saturday the birds will play my second favorite team, Eastern Kentucky.

My 78th birthday is coming up in a few weeks, the average lifespan for a man. So, I said, what do I have to lose? I'm going to chance it.

So I made myself a pot of soup (pinto) beans with a big chunk of fatback thrown in. I then made a pan of fried potatoes in lard. Turnip greens on the side. Pan of buttermilk cornbread in my iron skillet. Cold glass of buttermilk to wash it down.

*I had to make this myself. My wife, not being a southern girl, thinks this meal is disgusting. But I had this a couple of times a week growing up and would choose it over a steak.

Shaedon Sharpe commits to the Cats! Huge!
You're a good dude! One of the best in my opinion. I would like to treat you to lunch for dropping that news on me. Monday the 13th looks good on my calendar.
My 78th birthday is coming up in a few weeks, the average lifespan for a man. So, I said, what do I have to lose? I'm going to chance it.

So I made myself a pot of soup (pinto) beans with a big chunk of fatback thrown in. I then made a pan of fried potatoes in lard. Turnip greens on the side. Pan of buttermilk cornbread in my iron skillet. Cold glass of buttermilk to wash it down.

*I had to make this myself. My wife, not being a southern girl, thinks this meal is disgusting. But I had this a couple of times a week growing up and would choose it over a steak.
Hey pal, it's 2021! No one cares about 1980's cholesterol scares any longer. What we're concerned with is the heating source. Was it green?

I regret not being able to go up your way Bert. I was traveling as a guest and on a very tight schedule. It was a quick trip to celebrate my cousins birthday that was a surprise and put on by her manager and publicist. She has the same manager/agent as Barbara Mandrell and Brenda Lee. We had a great tour behind the scenes and had to get on back to Florida. I would love to come up and will try my best to make it happen.

This is my cousin on my daddy's side of the family.
92257413_2968104269909296_4346757205656076288_n.jpg

And another one at work.

82557509_3255824527766587_2126661371671085056_n.jpg

You're a good dude! One of the best in my opinion. I would like to treat you to lunch for dropping that news on me. Monday the 13th looks good on my calendar.

Hey pal, it's 2021! No one cares about 1980's cholesterol scares any longer. What we're concerned with is the heating source. Was it green?
I'm taking the old man to therapy that day but Tuesday or Thursday next week works for me.

Green? I live in AZ and it's summer. I just set my food out on my patio, go out in a couple of hours and it's done.

Good Wednesday Morning D League

Waiting for the sun to come up. We should have a typical day with a current temperature of 73° and a high expected at 84°. We have a 63% chance of rain in the early evening.. I may get in some yard work this morning and relax in the pool tis afternoon.

When I travel I like to find off the beaten path places to eat and a found a dandy on highway 100 outside of Nashville, the Loveless Cafe. What a place. I enjoyed a plate of gizzards, fried pork chops with my eggs and grits and the biscuits were to die for. Especially with their peach preserves. Check out the link and if you are in the area I highly recommend a stop.

Enjoy your day and stay safe

https://www.lovelesscafe.com/

loveless-cafe-sign.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome to 78, it is not that bad. It sure beats the alternative. And I love the way you are eating. Let the young folks eat the tufoo and bean sprouts. We will enjoy our fatback and soup beans. This is my wife's favorite meal also. If you grow up in the hills of Eastern Kentucky you ate good and that is one reason I picked a Kentucky girl.

My grandparents lived to their 90's eating fried hog meat, beans and fresh vegetables out of the garden, all cooked in streak o' lean. Just remember to say the blessing and the Lord will take care of the cholesterol.

Good morning D-League. It’s a beautiful one in the east as the sun comes up. Cool, a gentle breeze and some majestic clouds picking up the first light of the day.

I’m excited about the commitment of Shaedon Sharpe and the other kids who are leaning Kentucky’s way. I’d like to think with this new staff and Cal looking to restore his reputation that the Cats are headed into another run like the Wall-to-Davis-to-Towns days. We’ll see.

Two more days at my home desk and then a brief break at the beach. We took the kids there for 20 straight summers so lots of good times for us to remember, and a few restaurants and bars I’m looking forward to visiting.

Hope you all are having a good week.

Morning Legionnaires!

Weather staying in the mid 90's until Friday and the weekend where triple digits are expected again. Daughter started her on line home school classes yesterday and stayed in the computer room/home office about 3 hours and came out. I ask: "Finished already?". She says: "For the most part", day one is just introductions. But, they did have a couple of classes that they said was supposed to be done last month for starters." So I said: "So you are behind". Her response was: "Yeah but, I can catch up on those some other day like the weekend." Ha ha, nope. I made her go back in there and catch up. Got to rev up the old Drill Sergeant role to keep her on track.

Austin, not sure what it is I am supposed to eat today. & does not look palatable.

Good morning all. Another nice morning in the Buckeye State. Was supposed to have rained overnight. When I went to bed the rain was coming in then...poof....disappeared. Now it's a clear radar...no chance of rain...about mid 60s out there now heading up to about 80.

Glad I read Austin's morning post. Just told the Mrs. that I didn't know what I was going to do today. Got a lot done in the yard yesterday. Will get the mowers out later in the week. So I guess I'll just do & and then she can just add on some more & .

Y'all have a good day.

A good Wednesday mid-week to you all,
It's 71 degrees on my home weather station thermometer, headed up to the mid 80s today with high humidity; a typical summer day, I suppose. We doused with another heavy rain the other night. The local forecast called for a light amount, 0.20", just shy of a quarter inch. When the storm moved through, however, it sounded like the roof was caving in from the heavy rain, which eventually totaled a hefty 1.40" inches. As usual, much more than predicted.

We have been off from work all week and still I sit here at home as our school system has us taking "inclement weather" days in a likely futile effort to slow the spreading of the corona19 "delta" virus. Will taking two days off help? Time will tell, but it seems kinda useless to me right now. Oh well, I guess this gives me the opportunity to work around the house, run errands, etc....that I normally wouldn't get to do during a typical work day.

Let's go in the kitchen now and make some eggs and fried ham.

Good Wednesday Morning D League

Waiting for the sun to come up. We should have a typical day with a current temperature of 73° and a high expected at 84°. We have a 63% chance of rain in the early evening.. I may get in some yard work this morning and relax in the pool tis afternoon.

When I travel I like to find off the beaten path places to eat and a found a dandy on highway 100 outside of Nashville, the Loveless Cafe. What a place. I enjoyed a plate of gizzards, fried pork chops with my eggs and grits and the biscuits were to die for. Especially with their peach preserves. Check out the link and if you are in the area I highly recommend a stop.

Enjoy your day and stay safe

https://www.lovelesscafe.com/

loveless-cafe-sign.jpg

Sounds like it's false advertising. You certainly loved your visit...

Glad everyone is having a good morning so far!

Fog is mostly gone here, delayed burn off because of cloud cover, but its warming up. Another day of waiting on contractors. Day 21 of that so far. I'll do my waiting somewhere else, and get some work done. Then they can wait for me for 40min.

Lots more stuff to do before 2pm. Hope you're all productive, safe, and healthy in your own way today! May the God you love shine His light upon you!

Finally got my boat to the lake yesterday to run out the gas that was over 2 yrs old.........it had stabilizer in it but.......the motor fired up at the touch of the key.........seen several people having fuel problems at the dock.....we ran for about an hour and stopped and put new gas with stabilizer in it.......I only took 5 gals since the damn thing seems to run virtually on air..........got it hooked up and heading to Burkesville for a little overnight fishing on the Cumberland River......my buddy has a nice place with a ramp to the river next to his property........I have never fished this river and don't know what is in season but I am going to beat the water to death with a few thousand dollars worth of bass lures..........I ain't against a little snag fishing if that is what it takes........

Finally got my boat to the lake yesterday to run out the gas that was over 2 yrs old.........it had stabilizer in it but.......the motor fired up at the touch of the key.........seen several people having fuel problems at the dock.....we ran for about an hour and stopped and put new gas with stabilizer in it.......I only took 5 gals since the damn thing seems to run virtually on air..........got it hooked up and heading to Burkesville for a little overnight fishing on the Cumberland River......my buddy has a nice place with a ramp to the river next to his property........I have never fished this river and don't know what is in season but I am going to beat the water to death with a few thousand dollars worth of bass lures..........I ain't against a little snag fishing if that is what it takes........
Be careful on the Cumberland at night, lots of dead snags and big rocks lurking. Not much of a fisherman, especially on the river, but trout are the main attraction year round. Some good walleye as well. Try some spinners and spoons. Good luck.

Good afternoon D, beautiful day here!!!

First thing I want to praise GOD for answered Prayers!!!! My daughters tests came back all clear and Praise GOD for bringing home a 6 weeks old baby, her parents goes to our church, she got chocked last week and they had to take her to Louisville. When she got chocked, she asperated and water got in her lungs, then got pneumonia, but she is on her way home today!!!!

Now I just need Prayers for our granddaughter is sick with RSV, seems like every time she get in a routine something happens to set her back a little. Her being autistic needs school. My daughter said Saturday morning she came into her bedroom, pulled the covers off of her, she can't talk but my daughter knew what she wanted!!!

Hope the D, has a great rest of the day and Prayers!!!

Been watching Star Trek movies, it's 55th anniversary and they started with the first one, Star Trek the Movie!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT