ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. 30% chance for rain around noon. Today's high may reach 96°F. We hit 102°F yesterday.

Made a mistake yesterday. Cards play Ole Miss tonight.

Happy Labor Day! Yeah, I'm off, but still up early. Planning on a walk and then taking care of a few things.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

118701249_1210464499338941_7768822808482098933_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. 30% chance for rain around noon. Today's high may reach 96°F. We hit 102°F yesterday.

Happy Labor Day! Yeah, I'm off, but still up early. Planning on a walk and then taking care of a few things.

Just so happens I had my coffee ice cream last night. Always ahead of the curve

Good morning, D-League!

They're protesting all over the world right now. People are carrying signs and letting their voices be heard in Scotland, France, and the US. How long until we have some kind of crazed violence that the gov just needs to respond to with force? I'm hearing it's a matter of days.

In other news Chicago schools lost 90 bus drivers over mandates, 70 in one day. From what I know of some Chicago schools, that may be a blessing for some of the children who no longer have a ride there.

The entire sports world seems to have forgotten that the 1st weekend of college football isn't over, with Ole Miss set to play (with) against UL this evening. Seeing ND's miraculous (being handed a) victory against FSU will make you forget such trivial matters.

Hope y'all have great Monday and rest of your week! I'm going to go have some fun of my own for today and through the week. Moving lumber, digging a trench, and more such grooviness!

Good morning! According to my wife, it was raining here this morning. I didn't get up to look because I trust her judgement on such things.

Nearly broke my left pointer finger yesterday coming in the side door to the house. Somehow it got hooked in the latch as I was walking around the storm door. This morning it is swollen and I can barely bend it. Not as bad as last week when I walked my knee into the corner of the coffee table.

Talking about pain...I'm now well into my second month of having Shingles. If you are over 50, GET THE SHINGLES VACCINE!! You do not want this shit!

Sorry to hear about your pain. Praying for you and that it clears up today

In order of taste for me, the left one first, the middle one in front, and then the cone. You can have the back one.

Looks like a lot of the D are up and at'em this morning.

Beautiful morning here in the Buckeye State. About 60 out now heading up to the mid-80s. No chance of rain.

Made a lemon cheesecake yesterday for today...so we'll see how that turns out.

Y'all have a good Labor Day holiday....the unofficial end of Summer.

Morning folks. It is 64.4°F on its way to 83°.

I am having to re-record the second quarter of the UL Monroe game as my machine dropped a bunch of frames. I don't know why it does that sometimes but it does. Plus it costs me $0.50 for another bluray disc. That hurts a old scrooge.

Have safe travels SawneeCat.

I drive slow until I get to the curve.
remember this one?

Cop: I clocked you at 95mph!

Jerry Seinfeld: Oh, you must have got me in the curve, before that I was doing well over a hundred,
Yeah I think the PGA can come up with a better system.
I see it both ways and think the way they are doing it is better than starting everyone off even like every other event. Good play is rewarded over a longer period of time and reduces the chances of someone just getting hot for 4 days and winning the championship for the year.

My main gripe with golf is, rule changes made to equipment in an effort to bring about change on the PGA tour should not affect the equipment available to amateurs.

Morning folks. It is 64.4°F on its way to 83°.

I am having to re-record the second quarter of the UL Monroe game as my machine dropped a bunch of frames. I don't know why it does that sometimes but it does. Plus it costs me $0.50 for another bluray disc. That hurts a old scrooge.

Have safe travels SawneeCat.
I've started a GoFundBert account for you! I started it off with a .5% commitment to show how serious I am about the cause. Hold on brother, help is on the way!

remember this one?

Jerry Seinfeld: Oh, you must have got me in the curve, before that I was doing well over a hundred,

I see it both ways and think the way they are doing it is better than starting everyone off even like every other event. Good play is rewarded over a longer period of time and reduces the chances of someone just getting hot for 4 days and winning the championship for the year.

My main gripe with golf is, rule changes made to equipment in an effort to bring about change on the PGA tour should not affect the equipment available to amateurs.
That reminds me of the time early 1988 when I was going through Lexington area on 75 headed for Cincy to meet a friend. I was in a 1987 Ford Bronco 4X4 5.0 liter engine and was testing what it could do because I had just bought it. I was Running a bit late on leave from Drill Sergeant duties and we did not have cell phones back then to call my friend to let him know i was going to be late. So, I was trying to get there on time when a state trooper pulled me over and ask did I know how fast I was going. I said: "105?" He says no, "I clocked you at 100" He also told me that over 20 miles over the speed limit (55 at the time) meant a little jail time. He then ask why I was going so fast and I told him why and I was on leave from FT. Sill. I had my DI hat on the dash (always did, got me out of a couple of tickets in Oklahoma already) of my Bronco and he ask if he could see it. After looking at it he said; "Well Drill Sergeant since I don't want you to have to spend any time in jail I will clock you at 75 and you can pay that fine as long as you promise to keep it under 60 from here on out." I happily agreed I]and went on my merry way. Still ran a bit faster than the speed limit but only 5 to 10 miles over it after that.

Last edited:
remember this one?

Not a gopher, but seems crazy that they need to keep making the tourney courses longer to accommodate the pros. Use a bigger ball, require a minimum loft on club heads, something. Phil suggested moving weight of ball to the center to make their flight more erratic.

Not a gopher, but seems crazy that they need to keep making the tourney courses longer to accommodate the pros. Use a bigger ball, require a minimum loft on club heads, something. Phil suggested moving weight of ball to the center to make their flight more erratic.
I agree. Let them play with an official ball that is certified for professional use. A liquid center, as Phil suggested, would allow for more sidespin as well as decreased distance. Don't make ME play with them though.

My cousin recently retired from Southwest Airlines, where she worked nearly 30 years as a flight attendant. She also worked for Pan Am during the 80s.

Here she is in the middle next to someone y'all might remember.

240956553_4588170964560469_9185936490373753513_n.jpg
I always liked Ed Asner because once in the late 1970s when he was at the peak of his popularity he told an interviewer that what he really wanted to do in life was work on an oil pipeline crew or a fishing boat in Alaska but he didn’t have the nerve to “go for a life of adventure.” He may have been just laying down a line of BS but for some reason it made him seem more of a real person than the typical Hollywood sissy.

I always liked Ed Asner because once in the late 1970s when he was at the peak of his popularity he told an interviewer that what he really wanted to do in life was work on an oil pipeline crew or a fishing boat in Alaska but he didn’t have the nerve to “go for a life of adventure.” He may have been just laying down a line of BS but for some reason it made him seem more of a real person than the typical Hollywood sissy.

Hmmm ... multi-millionaire celebrity worth $12.5M with a nice Hollywood home? Or pipeline/fishing boat laborer? Let me think about this for a minute.

young-man-thinking-question-mark-260nw-145727042.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and clear. Some clouds moving in later. Today's high expected at around 97°F. Received some spotty rain yesterday. Above average temperatures remaining until at least next Monday.

Watched first half of Cards vs Ole Miss from Atlanta last night. Rebels led by 26 at the half and went on to win by 19.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day.

image.jpeg

Morning Legionnaires!

High 90's through the week until Friday and the weekend. 100's expected then. Still too freaking hot. I need some cooler weather.

Watched Ole Miss not miss kicking little siss's ass last night. Yeyah. Who did not see that coming. So much for them being a football school now.

Good morning D, beautiful here in the Berg, 58!

Read Zechariah 2 this morning.

I hope everyD had a great labor day! This may be the last one we have, I heard they are going to try and find another name for it, because it's offensive to those that don't like working!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!

Feels like Fall in the Buckeye State. Low 60s out there now heading up to the low 80s. Plenty of sunshine. Just a beautiful morning.

Hope everyone had a good weekend...and now back to work for those of you who still do that kind of thing.
Me? Think I'll be trimming my row of bushes again for the umpteenth time this Summer.
Grass turned about 4 shades greener after the rain late Saturday...and started growing again. Don't have my electronic rain gauge set up right now...but my old fashion glass gauge in one of the flower gardens said we got 3 inches.

Y'all have a good day.

Good morning D-League.

Read Zechariah 2

It's currently 74° with partly cloudy skies. We have a 40% chance of rain this afternoon and a high of 82°. We may have seen the last of 90° weather this year and we had very few this summer. It was probably the coolest summer I have experienced in all my years living in Florida.

With that said it is Football Season and I hope the team does not go WOKE. I see the NFL is going down that path and this will be another year I do something else on Sunday instead of watching football. I am fed up with that junk.

Y'all have a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning to the D-L!

UL is finally a football school.

Biden is finally acting presidential.

People should NOT be prescribed HCQ in combination with zinc and zpac for c19 unless they are or are married to a prominent national or dem politician like Amy klobuchar or Karen Whitsett.

Saw an official stand up to the head official in a collegiate game and correct a bad call. Rewound it and replayed it over a hundred times in honor of all the other blown calls I saw in the 3 games I watched this weekend. Thank God the nfl hadn't started yet.

Golf- The league or association needs to provide the same balls for every tournament, and every set of clubs should be the same as well. They don't really care or they'd do both of those things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT