ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Aug 1 means that the AZ heat is half over. It seems to me that we have had more cooler days this summer than any in the 13 years I have been here.
Same down here chief. Florida seems a little cooler than it did in childhood. August and September are our big ones. Usually the hot, hot ones and most active in storms.

Hence the change about 10 years ago from 'global warming' to 'climate change'. A catchall.
This is not fake news. I lived in Clearwater in 1977 and we got a couple of inches. It snowed in MIAMI. I had an aunt that died in Kentucky that year and they could not bury her because the ground was too frozen to dig a grave. I don't know how long it was before they could.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSlT_4w-XnE8aV8zutsO60s

Merry Christmas all... (So what, it is time to me since this one just popped up...)

Does that mean it’s cooled off? Asking for my dog Macie.

Pipeline road is a 2 lane highway than runs through the middle of Saudi Arabia and I was in a humvee going to pick up some supplies when a car started to pass us on the left. Then another car started passing that one on its left in the sand while another started passing us on the right in the sand. Four across on a 2 lane highway all the while another vehicle was coming from the other direction. I told my drive to hit the brakes and let everyone by. Somehow, they all converged on to the lane ahead of us without hitting each other or the on coming car. Those Saudis be crazy.

What is real funny is driving in Korea. Trying to vacation in Korea, just many things in Korea. (Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time in Korea.)

I laugh at so many things they do. Lots of bikes and scooters in Korea. Many deliveries are made this way in Korea. With snow on the ground they do not slow down (Many, not all.). I cannot tell you how many times I saw scooters spin out, bikes fall over, and bedlam occur simply due to not slowing down.

I saw roads with crooked lines painted. Just crazy things you'd swear were doctored for a movie.

Take trying to go on vacation. everyone goes on vacation at the same time. Go in the off season, the prices are the same. The hotels are empty but the prices are the same. I asked an owner one time of a hotel why he didn't lower his prices in the off-season? All he stated to me was, why. I let it go at that.

901792_604901769523407_626222767_o.jpg

My Brother in Law... dude is beyond a Black belt in Tae Kwon Do. (May not be such a thing as beyond but he has some serious skills.)(We are the same age.) (That is supper he is holding.)
10636901_942819682398279_4898506942658501250_o.jpg

Yes, you see this correctly. This person is in the road on purpose...

10682175_935330303147217_4616529844118252539_o.jpg

10514416_871695219510726_4926132130370589009_o.jpg

887361_600423266637924_497102576_o.jpg

Through the town.... Just an amazing place...(Try navigating these type curves in traffic or driving 25 or 30 MPH...Good Luck)(These curved lines are the norms and not the exceptions.)
617040_534091946604390_892624783_o.jpg

I have tons more pictures but thought I'd share a few...

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and clear. We received some rain yesterday as a front rolled through. More showers later this morning. Today's high might reach 87°F. We'll take it.

Round-table of panelists just now on local news discussing impact from UTexas leaving Big XII and effects on other Texas schools. Possible huge impact on Waco (Baylor) and Lubbock (Texas Tech). One panelist stated all is a moot point if no electricity to watch. Heh.

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

116111154_10159266475006320_2937532930007478854_n.jpg

Good Monday morning D-League.

Read Joel 1

Our local weather report shows 71° and clouds with plenty of thunderstorms during the day. We are expected to reach 84° by midafternoon.. We are taking off for a few days to the East Coast, only 106 miles from our place here on the Gulf Coast.

The subject on the radio today is washing your hands. There is a right way and a wrong way so I trust all are well and washing your hands. The doctor just said if you go to the latrine you wash before and after you do your business. OK

225372684_10158623760268495_6087457298162242333_n.jpg

Getting ready for kickoff later today....ugh....wait....this is August, not late September/early October. Only about 53 this morning so I got confused. High will get to about 76 they say.

Weird weather this year. Little snow...dry April...wet May (and very cool)...and temps for June, July have been all over the place.

Gotta find some things to do today. Not hard if I really try...or even halfway try.

Y'all have a good day.

Good Monday morning D-League.

Read Joel 1

Our local weather report shows 71° and clouds with plenty of thunderstorms during the day. We are expected to reach 84° by midafternoon.. We are taking off for a few days to the East Coast, only 106 miles from our place here on the Gulf Coast.

The subject on the radio today is washing your hands. There is a right way and a wrong way so I trust all are well and washing your hands. The doctor just said if you go to the latrine you wash before and after you do your business. OK

225372684_10158623760268495_6087457298162242333_n.jpg

Must be like eating a meal now. Who'd a thunk it. It's all in the preparation. We must plan to take a leak or the other. I will state it again, Soldiers "got" it rough...

I will repost a statement made from John Wayne on many occasions; "This is my Country and I'm gonna do good for it". My wish is that American's would take up this cause and mantra and perform it.

Oh, I do hope this day becomes what you'd like it to be in Christ. My prayer is that you all are surrounded by God's love to where you feel it. God Bless you all...

Good morning D, 61 here this morning!!!! Read Joel 1 also!!!

I really need to get started staining our deck again. Is restaining a word, spell check says no?

Bert they were calling for rain for us last week, but nothing doing!!! We watched it go south of us! Sorry!!!

I hope the D has a beautiful day!!!! Prayers for the D and all it's families!!!!

Looks like Muhlenberg county is the hot spot in the state now!

??? Never heard that one.
His reason was you need clean hands to touch your "junk". If they are dirty you can spread COVID to yourself. I am beginning to wonder what is being taught in medical schools these days. So wash your hands before and of course after. Use soap and scrub for at least 30 seconds.

He also said it would be a good idea to put on a mask when you use the bathroom in your own home. Even if all alone. This nation has a group of people going nuts.

You hear a lot of strange things on AM radio. So, Is you is or is you ain't

Good morning D, 61 here this morning!!!! Read Joel 1 also!!!

I really need to get started staining our deck again. Is restaining a word, spell check says no?

Bert they were calling for rain for us last week, but nothing doing!!! We watched it go south of us! Sorry!!!

I hope the D has a beautiful day!!!! Prayers for the D and all it's families!!!!

Looks like Muhlenberg county is the hot spot in the state now!
Yep, not even Cordmaker could get it done.

Night before last at 7pm we had some promising clouds but not one drop. The front passed through and not a drop.

It is a nice 64.8°F and bright sunshine and blue skies on our way to 82°. That is nice.

His reason was you need clean hands to touch your "junk". If they are dirty you can spread COVID to yourself. I am beginning to wonder what is being taught in medical schools these days. So wash your hands before and of course after. Use soap and scrub for at least 30 seconds.

He also said it would be a good idea to put on a mask when you use the bathroom in your own home. Even if all alone. This nation has a group of people going nuts.

You hear a lot of strange things on AM radio. So, Is you is or is you ain't

Sir,

That may leave a rash... (Oh, you were talking about your hands.)

Yeah but then it may count toward the statistics, or pay. Er, what???

Last edited:
A photo for you Train fans. Someone posted this on the blog for my home town. It's a C&O train passing through my home town of Silver Grove, then site of the Stevens Yard and about 900 people, many of them railroaders in 1960. I guess four-year-old me is somewhere back beyond that row of houses in front. That was River Road, also known as Mary Ingles Highway and Kentucky Rte 8. We lived on Second street.

What is real funny is driving in Korea. Trying to vacation in Korea, just many things in Korea. (Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time in Korea.)

I laugh at so many things they do. Lots of bikes and scooters in Korea. Many deliveries are made this way in Korea. With snow on the ground they do not slow down (Many, not all.). I cannot tell you how many times I saw scooters spin out, bikes fall over, and bedlam occur simply due to not slowing down.

I saw roads with crooked lines painted. Just crazy things you'd swear were doctored for a movie.

Take trying to go on vacation. everyone goes on vacation at the same time. Go in the off season, the prices are the same. The hotels are empty but the prices are the same. I asked an owner one time of a hotel why he didn't lower his prices in the off-season? All he stated to me was, why. I let it go at that.

901792_604901769523407_626222767_o.jpg

My Brother in Law... dude is beyond a Black belt in Tae Kwon Do. (May not be such a thing as beyond but he has some serious skills.)(We are the same age.) (That is supper he is holding.)
10636901_942819682398279_4898506942658501250_o.jpg

Yes, you see this correctly. This person is in the road on purpose...

10682175_935330303147217_4616529844118252539_o.jpg

10514416_871695219510726_4926132130370589009_o.jpg

887361_600423266637924_497102576_o.jpg

Through the town.... Just an amazing place...(Try navigating these type curves in traffic or driving 25 or 30 MPH...Good Luck)(These curved lines are the norms and not the exceptions.)
617040_534091946604390_892624783_o.jpg

I have tons more pictures but thought I'd share a few...
There is such a thing as beyond but, it depends on the style. Many adopt levels of black all they way up to 10. Some once you get past 5 or 6 (considered in many to be master level) adopt red and white striped belts. Others go black with however many stripes indicate your rank. It varies from style to style. Belting system was created by Judo practitioners first I believe way back when to signify a level of proficiency while teaching whole classes so as to let other students know who was at what levels and give them a goal to reach for. It has been over blown however once it reached America and now around the world and is inflated for status purposes. I know many at the master level that I would not consider masters. I hold a 3rd degree in Tang Soo Do (a relative to Tae Kwon Do), 5th degree in Kyokushin (look that one up, rough style) and a 6th degree in Shotokan. Below is my bonifidies

20181111-062636.jpg

A photo for you Train fans. Someone posted this on the blog for my home town. It's a C&O train passing through my home town of Silver Grove, then site of the Stevens Yard and about 900 people, many of them railroaders in 1960. I guess four-year-old me is somewhere back beyond that row of houses in front. That was River Road, also known as Mary Ingles Highway and Kentucky Rte 8. We lived on Second street.
Memories for me. Used to play ball about 100 yards beyond that last house in picture. And yes, in about 1960. Put pennies on those tracks to get them smashed out. Now there's a food truck set up on the riverbank (to right) on weekends at the Brent underpass where you used to catch the ferry over to the old Coney Island Amusement Park.

@AustinTXCat .... this hit your local news? Per Fox...

'The Buffalo Bills are reportedly looking at a move to Austin, TX if they are unable to secure a new home venue in Buffalo.'
Yes, early this morning. Unlike pro-soccer team movement here, city council not consulted. Many in local government believe the Bills ownership are bluffing.

That's kind of what I thought in reading the article. Owner wants a public funded stadium so he's making this threat to get the city to pony up the funds.
DKR Texas Memorial Stadium downtown is massive and seats over 100,000. Doubt the Bills go for it unless some sharing agreement worked out. Problem is everything is burnt-orange. A new soccer stadium just recently opened two miles west of our place called Q2 Stadium for Austin FC pro soccer team, but it only seats 20,000.

In my opinion, I can't see anybody locally approving more bond money after this new transportation initiative (Project Connect) passed by city council last year.

DKR Texas Memorial Stadium downtown is massive and seats over 100,000. Doubt the Bills go for it unless some sharing agreement worked out. Problem is everything is burnt-orange. A new soccer stadium just recently opened two miles west of our place called Q2 Stadium for Austin FC pro soccer team, but it only seats 20,000.

In my opinion, I can't see anybody locally approving more bond money after this new transportation initiative (Project Connect) passed by city council last year.

Don't count out the liberal spending governments. They are not spending their money, they are spending your money and that's okay!

Chuck Norris knocked my Brother down once... (Serious)
May have posted this before (can't remember)...had a friend in Atlanta that was into whatever it is that Steven Seagal does. Went to an event/exhibition that featured Seagal. Some guy kept giving him a hard time all day...Seagull picked him out to come up and help demonstrate a move....Seagal broke the guys arm.

May have posted this before (can't remember)...had a friend in Atlanta that was into whatever it is that Steven Seagal does. Went to an event/exhibition that featured Seagal. Some guy kept giving him a hard time all day...Seagull picked him out to come up and help demonstrate a move....Seagal broke the guys arm.

Whoa,

I like his movies and have a bunch of them but I have read and saw him on TV in different settings. He reeks of having a bad attitude.

Chuck was referring a tournament my brother was involved in. My brother was 16 or 17 at the time. My Brother knocked the guy out he was sparring (I guess he wasn't supposed to do that.) with and when Chuck grabbed my brothers clothing and threw him backwards he threw him down to the mat. No harm, no foul I guess.

I never held it against Chuck....maybe I should have being my brother and all...😋

Last edited:
Chuck Norris knocked my Brother down once... (Serious)
I was at a Friday night spar invitation at another Dojo in Lawton OK during my latter army days and I was putting my sparring pads on when some one sat down next to me and said "Nice haircut". I had a high and tight and when I looked over to see who it was there was Bill "Super foot" Wallace putting his pads on. He was in town for a Saturday seminar/skill display at the local coliseum and knew the owner and main instructor of the dojo I was at for sparring so, he dropped by that night. I told him my hair cut was because of the military (pretty much like it was below) and we talked for a few and he talk about his time in the Air Force and thank me for my service before going on to the floor to spar with everyone there. Before sparring though he says " One thing, this is a light spar night, anyone who cheap shots me or gets rough, I will return the favor". He was a really nice guy though just making sure no one was trying to make a name for themselves.

20190402-091218.jpg

Last edited:
I was at a Friday night spar invitation at another Dojo in Lawton OK during my latter army days and I was putting my sparring pads on when some one sat down next to me and said "Nice haircut". I had a high and tight and when I looked over to see who it was there was Bill "Super foot" Wallace putting his pads on. He was in town for a Saturday seminar/skill display at the local coliseum and knew the owner and main instructor of the dojo I was at for sparring so, he dropped by that night. I told him my hair cut was because of the military and we talked for a few and he talk about his time in the Air Force and thank me for my service before going on to the floor to spar with everyone there. Before sparring though he says " One thing, this is a light spar night, anyone who cheap shots me or gets rough, I will return the favor". He was a really nice guy though just making sure no one was trying to make a name for themselves. Pretty much like my hair below. Similar time frame

20190402-091218.jpg

I used to love watching him fight. Just fast with his kicks.

Aikido. I studied a little of that under a professor Ray Woods out of West Point when I was an instructor at the Drill Sergeant school at Sill. He came here for a month to train us in some of the new hand to hand instructions and a couple of Drill Sergeants from each unit went to learn some of the take downs and arm bars to incorporate in to our hand to hand training. Since the 1st Sergeant of the Drill Sergeant school knew I was in to the martial arts he sent me with another Drill instructor.

Aikido. I studied a little of that under a professor Ray Woods out of West Point when I was an instructor at the Drill Sergeant school at Sill. He came here for a month to train us in some of the new hand to hand instructions and a couple of Drill Sergeants from each unit went to learn some of the take downs and arm bars to incorporate in to our hand to hand training. Since the 1st Sergeant of the Drill Sergeant school knew I was in to the martial arts he sent me with another Drill instructor.

Brudder, switch to CtC over on RR in the head to head match up. Nothing against that Dr poster but CtC has the cred....either way is good though ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT