ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Anybody ever have a cat that would play fetch? My wife keeps throwing this rubber wristband and her cat fetches it and brings it back up on our bed, then gets all psyched to chase it again.

I can’t decide if I’m impressed or if the cat is just doing it to let me know my wife is more interested in him than me.
My daughter has a cat like that. She plays ball with the cat and the cat will even jump into the pool if she throws the little ball in it. Another thing the cat will do is knock on the door if she wants out of a room. Yesterday my wife heard a knock she thought was coming from the front door. The cat was actually trapped in a bedroom and wanted out.

The cat thinks it is dog.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 80°F and clear. 74% humidity. Our high may reach 96°F. 15% rain chance.

Still too early. Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

105410212-national-milk-chocolate-day-stock-images-pile-of-chocolate-stock-images-nut-chocolate-on-a-brown-bac.jpg

Good Wednesday morning,

Read Hosea 10

The weather report today is a little different than yesterday and the day before. We are having pleasant thunder storms that may last all day. Our current temperature is 74° and the rain will keep the high today at 84°. No wind to speak of and the UV index is 0 out of 10.

Listening to the radio and and we will not be masking children in school down here and masks will not be mandatory. I guess if you want to wear one that is fine but for the life of me I can't understand why anybody would want to.

Now for some very positive news if you like scallops as much as I do. This has been a bumper crop for scallops. I guess COVID kept the harvest down last year but we are making up for it this summer. I like all shellfish but a pan seared scallop is hard to beat.

Trust all have a great day.

Seared-Scallops-in-Garlic-Basil-Butter-Recipe-Video.jpg

Good morning D-League. Heading out for a walk ahead of the heat. Busy work day ahead.

Anybody ever been to the Cyclone Corral in Cyclone Texas? A Great BBQ joint, or at least it was.

I got this t-shirt there I wear all the time. My wife looked at it this morning and says, "Nobody eats tofu any more." So I guess it is working. But I don't want to take any chances yet, so I'll keep wearing it.

Hope you all have a good day.

Very pleasant morning here on one of the porches. Mid 60s and getting up about 90 again here in the Buckeye State.

Not much going on today. Would try to do some mowing but I think I'll wait till about Friday...the hi then is only going to be hi 70s. So I'll just find a couple little projects to work on while all the out of town company do their thing. Bought some LED tube lamps yesterday (kind where you rewire and bypass the ballast)...so I've got one more to do. Really makes a difference in the basement. Use to have 10-12 old flourescent fixtures where the ballast was shot....and threw them all away. Now wish I had kept them and used a few more in the basement with the LEDs.

Y'all have a good day.

Good Wednesday morning,

Read Hosea 10

The weather report today is a little different than yesterday and the day before. We are having pleasant thunder storms that may last all day. Our current temperature is 74° and the rain will keep the high today at 84°. No wind to speak of and the UV index is 0 out of 10.

Listening to the radio and and we will not be masking children in school down here and masks will not be mandatory. I guess if you want to wear one that is fine but for the life of me I can't understand why anybody would want to.

Now for some very positive news if you like scallops as much as I do. This has been a bumper crop for scallops. I guess COVID kept the harvest down last year but we are making up for it this summer. I like all shellfish but a pan seared scallop is hard to beat.

Trust all have a great day.

Seared-Scallops-in-Garlic-Basil-Butter-Recipe-Video.jpg
My favored seafood is scallops.

Morning folks. It is 69.1°F and sunny here. We are on our way to 94°.

Bert I had been a registered Democrat all my life, but I change my party affiliation to Republican in 2019. I don't feel like I left the Dems, just that they left me. Seems like they are all nuts in every sense of the word. Western Kentucky has always for the most part been a Democratic strong hold, but not any more. Little Andy is eat up with Liberalism!
I changed party affiliation in 2010 when Rand Paul, my eye doctor, was running for Senate. It was predicted that the hardest election would be the primary so Sherry and I changed to Republican so we could support Rand.

At a political rally Mike Buchanon, the Warren County Judge Executive, in October of 2010 was introducing Rand and asked me to stand up. I did and he told everyone that I was a life long Dem and changed to Republican and it bothered me so much that I had a heart attack. (I actually had a heart attack about a month after I switched.) It brought the house down.

I became Mayor and Rand became Senate (one of the best I think). I think that I was the first Republican Mayor in Smiths Grove history, although it is a non-partisan position.

I changed party affiliation in 2010 when Rand Paul, my eye doctor, was running for Senate. It was predicted that the hardest election would be the primary so Sherry and I changed to Republican so we could support Rand.

At a political rally Mike Buchanon, the Warren County Judge Executive, in October of 2010 was introducing Rand and asked me to stand up. I did and he told everyone that I was a life long Dem and changed to Republican and it bothered me so much that I had a heart attack. (I actually had a heart attack about a month after I switched.) It brought the house down.

I became Mayor and Rand became Senate (one of the best I think). I think that I was the first Republican Mayor in Smiths Grove history, although it is a non-partisan position.
Rand Paul is my favorite U.S. Senator. i wish we had 60 like him.

The last Democrat I voted for was Jimmy Carter and I ask God to forgive me every day.

It's good to know, even indirectly, the mayor of Smith's Grove. I was raised in the town of Silver Grove, Kentucky, and now live in an area called Shady Grove, Maryland. So, S-Grove towns are lucky for me.

I told my wife on my last birthday that it had taken me over six decades to get from Silver Grove to Shady Grove. I'm not sure if that rate of progress is going to work for me. Maybe I'll end up in Smith's Grove.

Anybody ever have a cat that would play fetch? My wife keeps throwing this rubber wristband and her cat fetches it and brings it back up on our bed, then gets all psyched to chase it again.

I can’t decide if I’m impressed or if the cat is just doing it to let me know my wife is more interested in him than me.

A man-about-the-world such as yourself not certain if your wife is more interested in her cat than you? C'mon man.

File this under the "you never get to old to learn something"

When I was researching my family line to join the Mayflower Society I ran across a Peregrine White, born on the Mayflower. His father was William White. I had never heard of a person being name Peregrine so I decided to do more research and try to figure how they come up with that name. I am still searching for the reason for that but I did discover some very interesting things about Peregrine.

A peregrine is a member of the falcon family and is found all over the world. It is also the fastest animal on earth and reaches speeds of 200 mph. The fastest recorded speed of a peregrine is 242 mph.(Per Wikipedia) I can't imagine a bird flying that fast.

PG-launch-C-copy2.jpg

A lot of people who think they have eaten a scallop haven't either. A lot of what is sold as scallops is trash fish scooped out with a melon baller. At least that's what i was told in my Florida days...
They told you the truth. Fake scallops are usually cut out of sting ray or sharks. The meat will all look identical, usually as perfect cylinders, and be more solid and dense because they are cut out of a mold. "A cookie cutter". They are all the same size and easy to recognize.

If you buy a bag of fake scallops they will all have the same color and will not have the fibers or muscle that holds the scallop to the shell. Now shark and sting ray are good eating but they are not on par with a scallop. A scallop is one of the healthiest of seafood.

This is a fake scallop. You are probably eating sting ray

iu

They told you the truth. Fake scallops are usually cut out of sting ray or sharks. The meat will all look identical, usually as perfect cylinders, and be more solid and dense because they are cut out of a mold. "A cookie cutter". They are all the same size and easy to recognize.

If you buy a bag of fake scallops they will all have the same color and will not have the fibers or muscle that holds the scallop to the shell. Now shark and sting ray are good eating but they are not on par with a scallop. A scallop is one of the healthiest of seafood.

iu

Sharks. Sometimes you eat them. Sometimes they eat you.

Good morning D, we have 92 here right now and we have alerts for here today!!! Read Hosea 10

Went out early this morning 5:45, got 2 miles in.

Funny story from keeping the boys Monday night. We were just setting talking to them and Mrs. M asked the oldest, what are you mom and dad going to BG for, he said they are going to get a convertible car, I just laughed and said yeah sure they are! I text my son and ask are yawl getting a car, no he said Avery has a big imagination!
Well about dark my son rolls in by himself and I ask where his wife is and about that time she drives up in a beautiful red Mustang convertible! 2002 and it looks like a brand new one!!!!

Keep our church in your prayers, 3 tested positive, called off services for a week!

I may have to put off mowing until late tomorrow evening or Friday or Saturday, till it cools down a bit!!!

Stay safe and Prayers for the D!!!!

File this under the "you never get to old to learn something"

When I was researching my family line to join the Mayflower Society I ran across a Peregrine White, born on the Mayflower. His father was William White. I had never heard of a person being name Peregrine so I decided to do more research and try to figure how they come up with that name. I am still searching for the reason for that but I did discover some very interesting things about Peregrine.

A peregrine is a member of the falcon family and is found all over the world. It is also the fastest animal on earth and reaches speeds of 200 mph. The fastest recorded speed of a peregrine is 242 mph.(Per Wikipedia) I can't imagine a bird flying that fast.

PG-launch-C-copy2.jpg

I've never researched my family line but I suspect they came across chained to the oars.

It's good to know, even indirectly, the mayor of Smith's Grove. I was raised in the town of Silver Grove, Kentucky, and now live in an area called Shady Grove, Maryland. So, S-Grove towns are lucky for me.

I told my wife on my last birthday that it had taken me over six decades to get from Silver Grove to Shady Grove. I'm not sure if that rate of progress is going to work for me. Maybe I'll end up in Smith's Grove.
Headed to the SS Peter & Paul 12 Mile Church picnic/festival Saturday.

Headed to the SS Peter & Paul 12 Mile Church picnic/festival Saturday.
That's a pretty spot. My high school girlfriend and I used to park up on that hill at Gubser Mill where there is an old cemetery, I think associated with that church (its been a while.) She thought she saw a ghost one night. I was concentrating more inside the car...

That's a pretty spot. My high school girlfriend and I used to park up on that hill at Gubser Mill where there is an old cemetery, I think associated with that church (its been a while.) She thought she saw a ghost one night. I was concentrating more inside the car...
LOL. Well, the church - which is half-buried underground by design, is on top of a hill (that hill?) with the cemetery alongside it. Set of gr-gr-gr parents, two sets of gr-gr grandparents, a set of gr grandparents, and several of grandfather's brothers and sisters buried there.

iu
. . . . however, fake scallop is also good. It is not as good as the real thing. Lemon shark is some of the best meat that I have ever had.

Back to the scallop: it is the Shell oil emblem.

I notice in the picture above that there may be some capers. I love smoked salmon, capers and sour cream. Oh my goodness I am getting hungry.

. . . . however, fake scallop is also good. It is not as good as the real thing. Lemon shark is some of the best meat that I have ever had.

Back to the scallop: it is the Shell oil emblem.

I notice in the picture above that there may be some capers. I love smoked salmon, capers and sour cream. Oh my goodness I am getting hungry.

Yes Sir, the true scallops are to me a delicacy. A morsel to ingest in a savory manner. Man, why do I feel like I am talking like Charles...

SlipperyVillainousAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

You do not have to know me indirectly. I am here, too old to move around much but you are welcomed to drop off the kid at UK and come down.

Smiths Grove is a great area if you like the county. We do not even have a caution light; let alone a traffic light. To get one of them you have to go to Bowling Green. I googled Silver Grove and it is bigger than my Smiths Grove!

We are country. Oh course we are wonderful country. Below is a picture from my front yard, my house is to the immediate left and the picture is the end of my street. You can see the field in the back ground.
106421575_3045740822208148_3042549473677751058_n.jpg

You do not have to know me indirectly. I am here, too old to move around much but you are welcomed to drop off the kid at UK and come down.

Smiths Grove is a great area if you like the county. We do not even have a caution light; let alone a traffic light. To get one of them you have to go to Bowling Green. I googled Silver Grove and it is bigger than my Smiths Grove!

We are country. Oh course we are wonderful country. Below is a picture from my front yard, my house is to the immediate left and the picture is the end of my street. You can see the field in the back ground.
Thank you sincerely for that invitation Bert. I'd certainly like to take you up on it someday. Silver Grove was about 900 people when I was a kid. They claim a 'Greater Metropolitan Area' stretching up on a ridge and down a dead-end gravel road by a creek, so those figures are probably inflated online. They did add one traffic light when I was about 20 and immediately what had been a safe intersection where people just stopped and looked both ways became a scene of carnage because no one could get used to the light. I'm sure they did eventually. Your property looks very fine and like a nice place to visit. I never got to spend as much time in the western part of the state as I would have liked, so maybe I'll be lucky enough to do that someday.

This is my kind of town or village. This is the America that I grew up loving

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT