ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D, read Hosea 7, off to church in a few, woo the humidity out there!!!!!

I have found my favorite channel on our smart TV, the Gaither Channel!!!!

Have a great day D and Prayers!!!

Yes Sir, I watch that channel from FB. I follow Bill G. Just really enjoy his music. So much talent God gave that man and he is still keeping on keeping on...

I may end up finding a few bright spots in the Olympics -- there are always some intrepid Americans who love the country and seek to honor it through hard work and talent in their event.

But like some of you, my interest level is very low. I won't shed a tear if and when the kneeling, LGBTQ Dominated Women's Soccer team gets eliminated. I won't care much if USA Basketball flops, as it looks like it might, though I'd like to see a team with three former Wildcats do well.

Bottom line: I predict the ratings for this COVID and WOKE saturated circus are in the toilet. And that won't bother me at all.
On Fox & Friends they showed that TV and streaming was down lower than any other.

It is pitiful that a few spoil things for many.

On Fox & Friends they showed that TV and streaming was down lower than any other.

It is pitiful that a few spoil things for many.
My wife and I were in a restaurant last night in suburban DC -- hardly a hotbed of Conservative ideals -- and a foursome at the table behind us were talking about how they were boycotting anything to do with the Olympics because of the athletes "disrespecting the flag and the national anthem."

I can't wait for the networks to realize the billions of dollars they are losing by emphasizing these cretins and losers "standing up for social justice." Maybe we'll see an adjustment in what and how they cover these self-important jerks.

My wife and I were in a restaurant last night in suburban DC -- hardly a hotbed of Conservative ideals -- and a foursome at the table behind us were talking about how they were boycotting anything to do with the Olympics because of the athletes "disrespecting the flag and the national anthem."

I can't wait for the networks to realize the billions of dollars they are losing by emphasizing these cretins and losers "standing up for social justice." Maybe we'll see an adjustment in what and how they cover these self-important jerks.

Nah, they are nearly fully funded by China...aka U.S. dollars that are laundered. Not going out of business soon. President Trump was denting that laundering operation... Bigly. Now it is back in full swing. All the dough they can print, and a bow to boot.

The laugh if there is a laugh in this situation is these Network buffoons' will be the first ones destroyed once these Networks get what they want.... Too stupid to even realize it. No idea they hate the very freedom that allows them to destroy themselves and everything they touch...

Captain Kangaroo (Bob Keeshan) was Clarabell the clown on the Howdy Doody Show. That show may be the first one i ever saw on TV. Late 1940's. My family did not get a TV until about 1956 because mama wanted nothing to do with them. Daddy wanted one so he bought one for her birthday and she was stuck with it. I got to see the World Series at my house that year. Thanks dad

Life in the 40's and 50's. I wouldn't have missed it for anything
For sure. The first show that I saw was at my next door neighbor's house. They had a TV and Howdy Doody Show would come on and about 5 of us kids would flock to Ell's house to watch Howdy Doody.

It is a very warm 83.8°F on my back porch. It is going to be hot today topping out at 92. I bet it will beat 92.

Went to Shelbyville and Taylorsville for my daughter-in-law’s birthday. Ate at a good Japanese restaurant. Good stuff. Of course dumb Bert always falls back on his favored foods instead of experimenting.

Man I made a good batch of biscuits if I do say so myself. White Lilly Self-Rising Flour, Milk, Crisco, Salted Butter, and finely shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. (My Darling stated it too. Ate two with coffee.)(Increased the butter and decreased the Crisco.) (Used sweet milk too but that wasn't the cause, I will add back buttermilk the next time, was out this time.) I am thankful!

My Tanker Buddy posted this, I couldn't copy the entire background for some reason so I copied the words...

Did you know there are 3 places you can stay for free?
“In your lane” ,”Out of my business” and, “over there”

Last edited:
"I Must Tell Jesus"... Canton Junction

What a joy, I noticed one of the members was Matthew Hagee (Son of pastor John Hagee) Matthew Hagee is a powerful preacher in his own right. We attended Cornerstone Church for four years. Matthew Hagee is anointed... As is his Dad John.

No matter what that church makes I saw personally the money they give back.

As you are watching Matthew Hagee is on the left.

Last edited:
Been listening to a lot of George Jones on my long walks lately. Things are good and stable in my life but his music always reminds me of those days most of us have as young men with drama and heartache from relationships with women. As I said to a buddy in a bar one night when I was about 20 -- and he never let me forget: "It's good they have George Jones on this juke box. It's nice to know however bad you feel you can invest a quarter and in three minutes you'll be feeling much, much worse..."

I have always been a big George Jones fan. I guess I have pretty much all of his good stuff in my collection.(not that anyone needs a "collection" with everything being streamed these days). This song was one of my favorites, along with Window Up Above. I love the wisdom in your buddy's observation.

Here you go Chief...Always loved this song, even though I went East not North. Still missed Kentucky and have never stopped thinking of it as home.

I had a half-brother who was beaten to death outside a bar in Detroit back in the 50s. He was much older than me and I never lived with him. All I know is that whoever did it was never caught. I never heard the story of what happened.

I had a half-brother who was beaten to death outside a bar in Detroit back in the 50s. He was much older than me and I never lived with him. All I know is that whoever did it was never caught. I never heard the story of what happened.
I'm sorry to hear that Chief. He may have run into one of those gangs that fight Banana Style - Yellow and in Bunches.

"I Must Tell Jesus"... Canton Junction

What a joy, I noticed one of the members was Matthew Hagee (Son of pastor John Hagee) Matthew Hagee is a powerful preacher in his own right. We attended Cornerstone Church for four years. Matthew Hagee is anointed... As is his Dad John.

No matter what that church makes I saw personally the money they give back.

As you are watching Matthew Hagee is on the left.
Did Matthew have gastric bypass or a similar procedure done about 12-15 years ago....or did he lose all that weight, and keep it off, via diet?

Been listening to a lot of George Jones on my long walks lately. Things are good and stable in my life but his music always reminds me of those days most of us have as young men with drama and heartache from relationships with women. As I said to a buddy in a bar one night when I was about 20 -- and he never let me forget: "It's good they have George Jones on this juke box. It's nice to know however bad you feel you can invest a quarter and in three minutes you'll be feeling much, much worse..."

I was sitting in a bar at the corner of Highland Ave and Gulf to Bay, Clearwater, Fl about the year 1974. My buddy and I had just wrapped up a morning fishing trip and it was a very hot day so we went in to cool off.

A few minutes later up pulled a bus and it parked directly in front of the bar. On the side of the bus in BIG letters was GORGE JONES & TAMMY WYNETTE. George and Tammy were on the way to a concert on Clearwater Beach and he pulled in to get 2 or 3 cases of beer. When the driver came inside to pick up the beer I asked him if George was in the bus. Sure enough he said, he sent him in for the beer. He said go out and say hello. Which me and my buddy did. George was dressed in jeans and a white T shirt with big cowboy hat. We said welcome to Clearwater. A big smile appeared on his face and he engage some conversation before heading on out. He even gave us some cold ones.

George and Tammy lived over in Lakeland which was only a couple of hours away.

I was sitting in a bar at the corner of Highland Ave and Gulf to Bay, Clearwater, Fl about the year 1974. My buddy and I had just wrapped up a morning fishing trip and it was a very hot day so we went in to cool off.

A few minutes later up pulled a bus and it parked directly in front of the bar. On the side of the bus in BIG letters was GORGE JONES & TAMMY WYNETTE. George and Tammy were on the way to a concert on Clearwater Beach and he pulled in to get 2 or 3 cases of beer. When the driver came inside to pick up the beer I asked him if George was in the bus. Sure enough he said, he sent him in for the beer. He said go out and say hello. Which me and my buddy did. George was dressed in jeans and a white T shirt with big cowboy hat. We said welcome to Clearwater. A big smile appeared on his face and he engage some conversation before heading on out. He even gave us some cold ones.

George and Tammy lived over in Lakeland which was only a couple of hours away.
Great story Sawnee. I’m surprised to hear George was a drinking man. Maybe he was just looking out for Tammy.

A few minutes later up pulled a bus and it parked directly in front of the bar. On the side of the bus in BIG letters was GORGE JONES & TAMMY WYNETTE.
So they paid for a misspelled paint job?

I have always been a big George Jones fan. I guess I have pretty much all of his good stuff in my collection.(not that anyone needs a "collection" with everything being streamed these days). This song was one of my favorites, along with Window Up Above. I love the wisdom in your buddy's observation.
Window Up Above may be my favorite of George Jones. But he had so many I could change my mind.

But that song would make my blood boil if I put myself in that man's position. I am afraid instead of saying "I hope you the best with your new love", I may have reached for my .44. God forbid.

That man had a way of bringing real life into a song and stir your soul. Plain and simple he was a Giant and one of the all time greats. He was true country.

Great story Sawnee. I’m surprised to hear George was a drinking man. Maybe he was just looking out for Tammy.
Drinking man? George Jones. LOL

I guess you know the story of his being pulled over by the Florida Highway Patrol on his riding lawnmower, drunk as a skunk.

As the story goes George would get stoned and take off in his car or truck. So Tammy hid all of the keys to his vehicle. Once when he was drunk he just got on his riding lawnmower and headed down Interstate-4. Can you imagine the State Trooper when he realized it was the Possum.

Hey D-Ler's. I've been busy dealing with those 👽👽👽. Anyway, just wanted to post a pic from the trip my wife and I took to Glacier NP. I'll post a few more when I get them loaded up.

5hlhew.jpg

Hey D-Ler's. I've been busy dealing with those 👽👽👽. Anyway, just wanted to post a pic from the trip my wife and I took to Glacier NP. I'll post a few more when I get them loaded up.

5hlhew.jpg
Here's another image. It was was cloudy and a bit rainy most of the time we were ther...but the clouds made for some interesting images.
5hli9x.jpg
Another...
5hlikf.jpg
This was a Sculpture made by the Blackfeet and located just a mile or so from the US/CA border.. It was made from scrap metal.
5hlipc.jpg
Awesome. It appears y'all had a great trip.

Nah, they are nearly fully funded by China...aka U.S. dollars that are laundered. Not going out of business soon. President Trump was denting that laundering operation... Bigly. Now it is back in full swing. All the dough they can print, and a bow to boot.

The laugh if there is a laugh in this situation is these Network buffoons' will be the first ones destroyed once these Networks get what they want.... Too stupid to even realize it. No idea they hate the very freedom that allows them to destroy themselves and everything they touch...
Another thing they don't realize, is if the parents tune out a sport, the children will most likely grow up with no interest in it.

Many years ago, I went to Detroit to visit my ex wife's folks. We crossed over to Windsor and caught a train to Niagara Falls. It was about 8 hours as I recall. You see so much scenery on a train that you can't see in a car. Btw, if you ever go to the falls, you have to ride The Maid of the Mist.

I've got more images from our trip but I think you folks get the idea. GNP is a GREAT park. Now that we've been there we will definitely go back. We did get to see a Momma grizzly with two of her cubs. The cubs were chasing each other in a tree and momma bear was trying to keep them in line!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT