ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

221408638_2920052828310425_4720655274703720594_n.jpg

176430456_5667465159960133_8088587320649591958_n.jpg

Good morning D, read Hosea 5, beautiful day here in thee Berg.

Mr. Don while I was reading you post I was trying to think of whose voice I was reading it in.

Our new smart TV is a lot smarter than me!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and Prayers!!!

Olympics are on, just can't get interested!!
This is the first time in my life that i will not be watching or caring one iota about the Olympics. The U.S.A. made it political for the first time since Hitler and I want no part of that. So bye Olympics bye

Just carried on a nice discussion with a local food truck owner. Angie is 50 y/o and formerly lived in McAllen area. She knows a few people who dealt with my father down there back during the 70s and 80s.

Crazy discussion point: Her father lives right on the border. She told me that on a slow night, at least 20 illegals cross the border between 11 pm - 3 am, tear stuff up in her father's yard and steal from the property. Her father has witnessed as many as 100 illegals come through overnight. That's insane.

Can they not be shot for trespassing or destroying property? I'd be booby-trapping that place.

This is the first time in my life that i will not be watching or caring one iota about the Olympics. The U.S.A. made it political for the first time since Hitler and I want no part of that. So bye Olympics bye

Other than womens soccer 2 Olympics/8 years? ago, I'm trying to remember when I've watched the games the past 12 years... maybe curling while at a bar one night.

@cordmaker

Cord, a little tune for you as you pray and seek the Lord. I have known these four boys all of my life and for a period of time their father, Vep Ellis was my pastor in Clearwater, Florida. Vep Ellis is in the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and was probably the best gospel music writer of the 1950's. Here is one of my favorites he wrote.

The redhead on the left is a tenor and does a real good job on this tune. Hope you enjoy Southern Gospel Quartet music.

Last edited:
I don't know why the SEC needs those two schools.

Texas and Oklahoma have not been forces since we have college championship playoffs.

The SEC teams have dominated.

The Big 12 (?), the Big 10 (?) ain't won much and the ACC got lucky with Clemson and FSU. Outside of that it has been the SEC.

Why do we need to add two also rans added to the SEC (Texas and Okla)?

All those bad conferences that used to win titles without playing a decent team now want to restructure the playoffs so that the SEC will quit winning. They are bastards and I don't want Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC.

Sorry for being so nasty but screw those phonies. Those conferences are part of the past and they want more titles so they have to invent a system to screw the better teams (SEC).

They'll say ratings (OK) and money. When it comes to the SEC office "need" means "greed"

@cordmaker

Cord, a little tune for you as you pray and seek the Lord. I have known these four boys all of my life and for a period of time their father, Vep Ellis was my pastor in Clearwater, Florida. Vep Ellis is in the Gospel Music Hall of Fame and was probably the best gospel music writer of the 1950's. Here is one of my favorites he wrote.

The redhead on the left is a tenor and sang at the Seattle Seahawks basketball games. He does a real good job on this tune. Hope you enjoy Southern Gospel Quartet music.

Thanks SC, I heard this song for the first time not long ago and it is one of my favorites!!!!!!

Thanks SC, I heard this song for the first time not long ago and it is one of my favorites!!!!!!
When I hear it Cord it reminds me of your faith. God hears your prayers. The writer of the song, Vep Ellis was a giant in gospel music.

RCA records offered him a huge contract to sing secular music if he would leave the ministry. They wanted to make him into the "next Bing Crosby" and he refused. He said he was called to the ministry and no amount of money could ever change that.

@cordmaker

The redhead on the left is a tenor and sang at the Seattle Seahawks basketball games. He does a real good job on this tune. Hope you enjoy Southern Gospel Quartet music.

My brother and one of our cousins used to meet up in Louisville every year for the Gospel Quartet convention. Then they moved it to Pigeon Forge and I think it kind of peetered out some, plus I guess they started letting other type acts in/perform other than quartets.
Seems I heard they were trying to start up a quartet only convention again in Memphis...but don't know if they have or not.

I frown because it is a crying shame what Communists have been allowed to do to this country with MANY spouting like they like it so very much. I have other opinions but I will stop!

I may end up finding a few bright spots in the Olympics -- there are always some intrepid Americans who love the country and seek to honor it through hard work and talent in their event.

But like some of you, my interest level is very low. I won't shed a tear if and when the kneeling, LGBTQ Dominated Women's Soccer team gets eliminated. I won't care much if USA Basketball flops, as it looks like it might, though I'd like to see a team with three former Wildcats do well.

Bottom line: I predict the ratings for this COVID and WOKE saturated circus are in the toilet. And that won't bother me at all.

I may end up finding a few bright spots in the Olympics -- there are always some intrepid Americans who love the country and seek to honor it through hard work and talent in their event.

But like some of you, my interest level is very low. I won't shed a tear if and when the kneeling, LGBTQ Dominated Women's Soccer team gets eliminated. I won't care much if USA Basketball flops, as it looks like it might, though I'd like to see a team with three former Wildcats do well.

Bottom line: I predict the ratings for this COVID and WOKE saturated circus are in the toilet. And that won't bother me at all.
Here's one I'll definitely be watching. Excellent role model.

https://api.time.com/wp-content/upl...69px,546px,1898px,994px&resize=1200,628&strip

Kirk Bohls writes for Austin American Statesman. According to local talk radio (KLBJ - Ladybird Johnson's former station), Texas A&M athletic director caught wind about the possible OU/UTexas move from Big XII to SEC and leaked to TAMU Aggie beat-writer with Houston Chronicle. He believes Longhorns should remain in Big XII. After the ugly split 10 years ago, I can't say I blame him.

It's sad. I've always loved the Olympics. Just seeing our men and women standing on the podium with the national anthem playing and the American flag rising in the background gives me a lump in my throat every time. I overflow with pride in my country and still will if the athletes respect the moment. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of faith in many of them. That being the case, and I never thought I'd say this, then I hope they lose and lose big time if they kneel. My how times have changed. The world of sports is in a dismal place right now.

Kirk Bohls writes for Austin American Statesman. According to local talk radio (KLBJ - Ladybird Johnson's former station), Texas A&M athletic director caught wind about the possible OU/UTexas move from Big XII to SEC and leaked to TAMU Aggie beat-writer with Houston Chronicle. He believes Longhorns should remain in Big XII. After the ugly split 10 years ago, I can't say I blame him.
I don’t blame him either but he is standing on the pier shouting at a ship that has sailed and is disappearing over the horizon.

I don’t blame him either but he is standing on the pier shouting at a ship that has sailed and is disappearing over the horizon.
Agreed.

Personally speaking, Baylor, TTU, Kansas, K-State, IASt, OkSt perpetually played second fiddle during the present Big-XII conference alignment. Horns and Sooners set the tone. Nothing made me happier than when Art Briles led the Bears rolling through Big XII conference FB during his tenure. Scott Drew and Kim Mulkey elevated Baylor hoops into another dimension. Now, those schools, along with WVa and TCU, must seek new homes.

Kansas, Iowa State and OkSt should have no problems landing Big 10 offers. Perhaps WVa to ACC. But the others may not be so lucky.

Agreed.

Personally speaking, Baylor, TTU, Kansas, K-State, IASt, OkSt perpetually played second fiddle during the present Big-XII conference alignment. Horns and Sooners set the tone. Nothing made me happier than when Art Briles led the Bears rolling through Big XII conference FB during his tenure. Scott Drew and Kim Mulkey elevated Baylor hoops into another dimension. Now, those schools, along with WVa and TCU, must seek new homes.

Kansas, Iowa State and OkSt should have no problems landing Big 10 offers. Perhaps WVa to ACC. But the others may not be so lucky.

Kansas, Iowa State and OkSt should have no problems landing Big 10 offers
How will that play out with the Big 10's image (that they promote more than others) that they are a high academic conference? So many times you hear where they will only invite in a school of the highest academic standard...rather than TV viewership, athletics, etc (which I don't buy)

Olivia... What a voice!

Olivia... What a voice!

She sat right behind me at an Atlanta Braves game back in the 80s. Beautiful and was even more so as a person. Very nice.
A shame she's had all her health problems over the years. Just read something about her the other day.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Cloudy and cool in the east. Out on a loooong Saturday hike. The woods are beautiful but I continue to be amazed by how much damage the cicadas did to thousands and thousands of massive trees. I have no recollection of anything like this 17 years ago.

Getting very intrigued by the college conference musical chairs. I wouldn’t be surprised if, after Texas and Oklahoma, the Big Dogs decide to stand pat for now. But that may be way off.

Hope it’s a good day for everyone.

Good morning D, read Hosea 6 this morning.

We my keep the granddaughter today, we'll see.

My prediction on the Olympics chinar will have the fewest athletics to test positive and will win the most medals.

Got a tune stuck in my head, I know HE heard my Prayer, one of the videos was 9 minutes long and great!!!!!

Hope the D has a great day, be careful, it's going to be hot and humid!!!! Prayers!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT