ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose.

You'd think so anyway...

three-stooges.jpg

I guess it is just pure ego, but I could not do that.

Doing shit like that would really piss my dad off in heaven. Lazy is horrible and inexcusable.

Yes Sir, when I just got my driver's license I got a job selling filter Queen vacuum cleaners (Part time, as I already had a job welding on Boxcars making good money working nights. (The pitch to get you into selling vacuum cleaners was real good, selling a 1200.00 vacuum cleaner back in 1975 or so was not so much good but...(This was in Detroit)

Anyway, after I completed their "training" I already knew I didn't like it and couldn't/ didn't want to sell them (They have a great product but not at the price. In my mind anyway.) I would not stop until I sold one. I worked at that for I think three or so months before a man walked up to me and asked if I knew where he could buy a Filter Queen vacuum cleaner. (Out of the Blue)... Well, I fixed him up, got my hundred or hundred and fifty or so commission and left that life in the rear-view mirror. God has ALWAYS taken care of me. I went back to my night job full time until I decided to join the Army.

I guess it is just pure ego, but I could not do that.

Doing shit like that would really piss my dad off in heaven. Lazy is horrible and inexcusable.

My dad would say, "He's sorriener cyarn (carrion)." I never realized how hard a worker my dad was until I got to thinking about it long after he was gone. He was a coal miner back in the mule and pick and shovel days. He wouldn't even take the commodities all the neighbors got even though he was entitled to them. Black lung finally got him. Died strapped to an oxygen tank.

Didn't we have a short discussion on this board a few days ago about angels?

So I make sure anyone knows, I have my own or several Angels that my Father in Heaven assigned to me or either my Father intercedes for me directly! I can name so many times I have been saved and right on time. I try my best not to tempt the Lord in my living, I always have but I have been in too many situations that were the Lord not intervening for me I'd have left this world long ago. My Praise goes to him who is worthy to be praised. (If I was in a crowd, I'd be noticed for some reason. I rarely speed because I get caught.)

One time I just got out of the Army I was in my apartment and had the door kicked in by three people/ men that new me and didn't like me (In Bella Garden Apartments in Middlesboro) 1985 or so. (There reason was a girl they liked, liked me. I never even dated or hardly talked to her.) The first man through the door was slashing at me with a large Bowie type knife. He had already kicked my hand against the corner of the door way and broke my knuckle (The finger below). I had a very small cheap knife I carried in my pocket with a blade about an inch and a half long. The guy with the knife lunged at me blade first and stumbled or it would have stuck me in the heart. He missed completely but I didn't. The other two took one blow from me each before the police arrived as they beat and banged on my door for a while real hard. (Neighbors got involved) They took me to jail for 1st degree assault but never cuffed me. I was released in about an hour with no charges after they investigated... How many times, right on time has the Lord intervened on my behalf. I can name and explain so many more.

212594230_4648506581829552_1218282645994402391_n.jpg

216246697_4648506658496211_7568773048343545370_n.jpg

That is as straight as that finger will go on it's own.

Yes, I am thankful...

Last edited:
Austin got here in the dry and left in the dry. In the middle of the drys it rained like crazy. While we were grilling out we got 1.63 inches of rain and one lightening bolt could not have been very far away.

Finally cordmaker let go some of some rain. He has been hording it.

It is good to see good cyber friends.

On the Olympic note, I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to watching this year. The crowds will be limited and evidently they'll be prohibited from cheering or even talking loud during the events. My greatest concern is seeing American medal winners kneeling during the National Anthem. You know it's going to happen. I've always loved, loved, loved the Olympics but that's one scenario I can't stomach, and on a worldwide stage. 1968 all over again.

John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Peter_Norman_1968cr.jpg

Last edited:
On the Olympic note, I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to watching this year. The crowds will be limited and evidently they'll be prohibited from cheering or even talking loud during the events. My greatest concern is seeing American medal winners kneeling during the National Anthem. You know it's going to happen. I've always loved, loved, loved the Olympics but that's one scenario I can't stomach, and on a worldwide stage. 1968 all over again.

The ones that kneel, well, they will be forgotten soon enough. That stuff ain’t gonna fly here. It’s the ones that don’t kneel, that will be remembered as true Americans. That’s what I’m looking forward to.

I won't be watching. Can find better ways to spend my time.

I'll probably watch until the political bs starts.

Austin got here in the dry and left in the dry. In the middle of the drys it rained like crazy. While we were grilling out we got 1.63 inches of rain and one lightening bolt could not have been very far away.

Finally cordmaker let go some of some rain. He has been hording it.

It is good to see good cyber friends.

But did he hug you for me Sir! ;)

You wouldn’t want to see my hands my good man. It might put you off your feed. Farming does that to a man. But it’s a good life. At least has been for me. About had enough though 😔

Yeah my hands have done tough time too in most jobs I ever had until about the day before 9/11 when I started in my new field. When I was crawling under houses for a living I regularly carried concrete and cinder blocks to either brace up a home underneath or for some other reason. I never wore gloves and very rarely if ever blistered. My hands were my gloves for a lot of years. They still work well. I am thankful to have no issues so far. They are more soft now but worn and tattered but I am thankful. I always was religious about wearing ear plugs when running drills or loud equipment. I still wear ear plugs when vacuuming. Always wore knee pads too. Still do if crawling on anything but carpet around the house. It has helped so far as I have some health issues but none that I know that are too severe. I again am thankful.

Anyone have any kind of update on FCC?
Gentlemen, I have been a longtime lurker here. I met FCC back when he worked at Dollar General by his posts on here. I only talked to him a couple of times but, he was a good man. I am sorry to be the one who brings bad news, but he passed away back in May. Some of you may have known, but since no one else had mentioned, I didn't think to post it. I didn't know for a couple of weeks.

Gentlemen, I have been a longtime lurker here. I met FCC back when he worked at Dollar General by his posts on here. I only talked to him a couple of times but, he was a good man. I am sorry to be the one who brings bad news, but he passed away back in May. Some of you may have known, but since no one else had mentioned, I didn't think to post it. I didn't know for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting and I am sorry but I am not familiar or may not be connecting who is FCC.

Thank you very much for the update. I am saddened and sorry to hear this news. May he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear. Thanks for the update.

Good morning D-League. It’s muggy and overcast in the east this morning.

Further Condolences to the family of FutureCityCat. I recall his passing was posted on here earlier.

Those not inclined to watch the Olympics may have more incentive with the basketball team dropping a warm up game to Nigeria last night. Just looking at the roster, the US team feels a little small and lacking in superstars.

As I said in a Rafters thread, LeBron would join if he hadn’t already committed to the Chinese team.

Good Sunday Morning to the D

Read Jeremiah 41

And now for the local weather report. We will have a normal July day with a current temperature of 72° and Wind SE at 6 mph. We should reach 84° by midafternoon and have a 52% chance of scattered thunderstorms by 4 or 5 o'clock.

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of FCC, I missed it when it was first posted. I do recall the word about Railroad Kat passing. May he Rest In Peace and be with the Lord for eternity Life is but a fleeting moment. One never knows when it is time to meet our Maker so we must be ready at all times.

I received the rain gauge I ordered and now it is time to put it together and find a good spot to place it. If I run into trouble Bert told me I could call him for instructions and if Bert doesn't know the answer I can call one of my grandkids I suppose. I trust all are well if you need rain, let it pour and if you need sunshine, may your skies be clear.

206961299_4116489558446242_4223717836264104960_n.jpg

A very cool feeling 70 out this morning...overcast and gray (or is it grey?)
Anybody else love to wake up to the sound of rain? Was cool last night. A/C off and windows open, and was awaken by the sound of rain at about 4a.m. Love it. Expecting more rain today and especially tomorrow according to the forecast. Oh...and I did get an electronic rain gauge a month or so ago. A small cheap one but it seems to be doing the trick, so that's been fun to play around with.

Y'all have a good, healthy, safe Lord's Day.

But did he hug you for me Sir! ;)
I always force Austin to hug me. I told him you ask me to do it, so yesterday it was your fault.

Austin got here on time. We ended up grilling in a thunder storm. Paul held the umbrella (I know we are not too bright, but the umbrella's handle is fibreglass. 🤣 ) while I flipped the food.

Thanks to Cordmaker we finally got rain.

We ended up so far getting 3.26 inches:
217634097_4110028715779348_7880522400939563030_n.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for letting us know.

I did not know that Gary had passed.

Rest in peace Gary.

I probably should not post this, but UK's Brandon Stockton grew up with a lady that I graduated high school with. Judy's husband died and this is what Brandon posted. It got me crying. Bob was a fine fellow.

"I haven’t felt this much heart break since I lost my grandmother many years ago. This man whom I call Dad has been there for me for more than half my life. I’ll never be able to tell him thank you enough but I’ll definitely pass on the many lessons and values he taught me to my own son. I wish Beckett had the opportunity to spend more time with you but God needed you more. The world and this community just lost a Wonderful soul. Please whisper a prayer for my God given family Judy Reece (Mom) Jennifer Reece (my Sister) and I as we mourn the loss of Bob Reece (Dad). Thank you for those who have reached out to us already. Bob touched so many lives and I’m very blessed that he called me his Son. I love you dad. You can rest now:"

216244286_4052793794776161_8758120591104831646_n.jpg

215578340_4052793811442826_7260851540134004701_n.jpg

Good morning from Anneta, KY on Nolin Lake. Currently 70°F, cloudy with occasional rain. We received some massive downpours last night. Got a little bit this morning.

Had a wonderful visit with Bert and Sherry yesterday. As always, incredible food and hospitality. We survived a very close lightening strike. It sure spooked those cattle out in the pasture. Heh, the sudden flash also spooked us humans who were close by. Great memories.

We're heading to Louisville later today for visiting a few friends and family.

Again, RIP FCC (Gary).

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design8.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT