ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Florida is not for everybody. There are many places you would never catch me living or visiting in Florida. Namely Ft Lauderdale, Miami or Orlando. I prefer a more laid back lifestyle like this front porch and rocking chair

206826006_4719802484714453_679393360722934332_n.jpg

Btw, if you don't want a fella there, just say so. No sense beating around the veranda

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and clear. Front moved in. Increased rain chances. Possible thunderstorms. Today's high may top out around 86°F. We'll definitely take that.

Pup seems okay this morning. Slowly getting better.

Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

65173622_2363506833685801_8127319674523222016_n.png

Morning Legionnaires!

Lot of rain last couple of days. Was going to go fishing yesterday but, water flowing across the road down the way from me told me that my go to fishing spots which had low water crossings on the way would be closed. Sure enough, not long after turning around I got a message from FT. Sill telling me these areas were closed for fishing. More rain on the way today and the next few days. A couple of houses and garages a few streets down from me have flowing water about a foot or so deep surrounding them. We are on the side of a sloping area and water flows down hill from us so, it does not pool much except in the front of my shop. It has gotten close to the concrete lip of my shop but stops there when it gets that high and runs around the shop on both sides going on down the slope. Back yard gets a little messy with flowing debris but, not too bad most of the time.

Last edited:
Good Monday Morning D

Read Jeremiah 27 KJV with a strong cup of coffee earlier.

Today is going to be a good one. Weather going to be a typical June with a current temperature of 72° with Winds East North East at 5 mph. We have 30% chance of rain and the high will get to 87°. Some parts of the state will reach 90. It would be nice to get about 2 or 3 hours of steady, heavy rains because we are still behind.

With the 4th of July coming this weekend there will be lots of fireworks to watch. I am trying to figure out which one to go to. I just might stay at home and sit in the back yard and watch them in the distance. We will see, the main thing is we are open, we are having fun down here and life is good.

Trust all are well and have a great Monday.

Remember when they made houses with interiors like this. My grandfather had solid cypress walls on the outside and inside of his old house. It would cost a fortune to do that today if you could find the wood.

133886_1783280224246_1029276_o.jpg

Good morning D-league. I got out for my hike around 5:30am to get the bulk of it done before the heat and humidity settles in. We're looking at low 90s and high humidity.

Pretty good weekend. Kept it low key, but we found a new restaurant out in a more rural area with some damn good country fried chicken, and then had a cookout Sunday when my son got back from a visit out to Los Angeles to see a girlfriend. LA can be interesting and fun when you are 21, and he had a good time.

Settling into the work week. I hope its a good week for all of you.

Crazy heat wave in the Pacific northwest. 105 degrees expected in Seattle today. That's 30 degrees above normal. I hardly broke a sweat during my Seattle days. I remember having to wear a sweater during a 4th Of July cookout. The people up there aren't prepared for that kind of heat.

.. .. .. .. ..

Remember when they made houses with interiors like this. My grandfather had solid cypress walls on the outside and inside of his old house. It would cost a fortune to do that today if you could find the wood.

133886_1783280224246_1029276_o.jpg
I love that Swanee Cat. The work over the bed is wonderful. Someone spent some time doing that.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 77° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring scattered showers and thunderstorms, with a high of 88°

Everyone stay safe out there today.

STonehenge-sunset.jpg
My back still hurts from working on that. 😁

It is already 78.8°F and sunny here. It is going to get hot and I still have to mow the yard. It may be a two shower day. I may opt out of weedwhacking.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 77° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring scattered showers and thunderstorms, with a high of 88°

Everyone stay safe out there today.

STonehenge-sunset.jpg
Been there. Looks very rural, but it sits on an elevation in the V of two significant highways. When I was working not too far from there in the 90's, some of the guys said that they climbed all over those stones as kids. All roped off now.

Best advice I have ever seen........"stay away from those peas".......I hate them so bad that the are not even served in this house.........I will eat them if served when I am eating at someone's houses.......but only a tiny portion...........

Come on awf, they aren't gizzards... geez...

I did read a story once about a princess sleeping on a pea...

Oh, I hope today is a day you use to better yourself, your family, or someone else. God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7) God Bless you all..

When I visited Stone hinge it was an over cast day..........gave me cold chills when I first spotted it........
I always wanted to see Stonehenge. I guess it's too late now, after Clark Griswald and family stopped by...

More seriously, while I've been to London a few times, I never made it out to Stonehenge. I'm glad to hear it is the kind of place that can cause a strong emotional response. Some famous archeological sites don't live up to the hype. A few I've visited -- Machu Picchu in Peru and Petra in Jordan come to mind, and the Great Pyramids outside Cairo -- exceed what you expect. My goal in retirement is to visit as many as I can.

Crazy heat wave in the Pacific northwest. 105 degrees expected in Seattle today. That's 30 degrees above normal. I hardly broke a sweat during my Seattle days. I remember having to wear a sweater during a 4th Of July cookout. The people up there aren't prepared for that kind of heat.

A lot of people in those places do not even have AC in their homes. I lived in central Oregon in a modern home that did not have AC.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and clear. Front moved in. Increased rain chances. Possible thunderstorms. Today's high may top out around 86°F. We'll definitely take that.

Pup seems okay this morning. Slowly getting better.

Monday, Monday.....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

65173622_2363506833685801_8127319674523222016_n.png
Oooo tapioca... you're killing me with these food posts!

I always wanted to see Stonehenge. I guess it's too late now, after Clark Griswald and family stopped by...

More seriously, while I've been to London a few times, I never made it out to Stonehenge. I'm glad to hear it is the kind of place that can cause a strong emotional response. Some famous archeological sites don't live up to the hype. A few I've visited -- Machu Picchu in Peru and Petra in Jordan come to mind, and the Great Pyramids outside Cairo -- exceed what you expect. My goal in retirement is to visit as many as I can.
2000 years old Pantheon dome in Rome is most remarkable structure I've seen. Unbelievable they could create such a large dome that long ago & it's still perfect and gorgeous inside.

Others that top my list are the Coliseum (Thought I was in Cincy's old Riverfront Stadium.); Pont de Gard bridge/aqueduct in France, cave paintings around Lascaux (The painters used irregularities in the cave walls to create 3D images of some animals. Unbelievable for 10K years ago.), the Roman hot baths at Bath, England (FIL's army unit sleep around the sides of them waiting for Normandy Invasion.).

Just got back from the boys, they were great!!!!! Played Mario with the youngest 5 years old, he was telling me how good he was at that game and how bad I was!!!! This Mario game is the one my son got when he was young, not sure how old it is. He kept asking me, did you play Mario when daddy was little with him? Were you this bad then?!!!!!!

Super to hear; We don't have our Grandson today but my daughter is working a lot of extra shifts. We are so accustomed to him being here. I was looking for him to arrive here about 3:15 or so from him Mom picking him up but he may not be here today, his Mom is off. (She works nights and gets up to pick him up at his school and either take him home or bring him here.) Yeah that two-year old little Booger runs my phone and computer better than I do and I hold some serious computer accolades. ;)🥰

Good afternoon all. Been quite a while since I’ve been here, but unfortunately, it’s been unavoidable. Dealing with family health issues and trying to farm in the spring has me about worn out, but I’ve caught up somewhat, and just browsed this last page. Good to see familiar names still here, along with a few different ones. I’ll just say quickly that mashed taters and peas are great, providing you are out of green peas. And who doesn’t love gizzards? They give gravel a purpose other than eating up your tires. Thinking differently is unique, especially if you’re not normal. Y’all take care.😋

Good afternoon all. Been quite a while since I’ve been here, but unfortunately, it’s been unavoidable. Dealing with family health issues and trying to farm in the spring has me about worn out, but I’ve caught up somewhat, and just browsed this last page. Good to see familiar names still here, along with a few different ones. I’ll just say quickly that mashed taters and peas are great, providing you are out of green peas. And who doesn’t love gizzards? They give gravel a purpose other than eating up your tires. Thinking differently is unique, especially if you’re not normal. Y’all take care.😋

Give me some catsup, and I may take on the tire instead.... jmusao 😁

The Lord... What a song, how God has blessed Bill Gaither with ALL the songs he wrote and performed.... Just truly amazes the talent and opportunities that the Lord blessed him with....

Very rarely do I hear that song and it doesn't overwhelm me...
I second that. I also love Elvis and J D Sumner on bass. This one goes back to 1971

So glad to see that name pop up again, Backer cutter. A hard working man if there ever was one and valuable member of the D League. Please post often.

So glad to see that name pop up again, Backer cutter. A hard working man if there ever was one and valuable member of the D League. Please post often.
Thanks Sawnee. My feelings to you as well. Hope you are doing well, I’ve missed conversing with y’all, but it’s been impossible to keep up. But you all are in my thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT