ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Chante_Cigale_Cigala_Label.jpg

Cut mine yesterday and used the weed eater to finish. 3 hours tops which normally takes me a little over 2. Marshy area in the back in my part of the easement where there is an underground spring that flows up during spring rains. If left alone and just cut around the area, cat tails will appear. So rubber boots and slow going to help keep in down. Neighbor to the back of me has that problem with about a quarter of his back yard during the spring.
Harrier habitat
wah_Northern-Harrier-Peak600.jpg

Anyone else see where Darwins Arch in the Galapagos fell?
Natural erosion.....or the hand of God?
darwins-arch-picture-16621-967787.jpg

darwins-arch-galapagos-collapsed-1024x754.jpg
Tool in hand
a lot of sights for a boy from the Portland neighborhood in Louisville.....
26th & Selvin St. 1st house I remember. 1954.

Up early with thunder storms and golf ball size hail. One window on house broken so far. Will have to go out at first light for damage assessment. Truck is outside as well. Was not expecting the hail but, rain predicted.

Last edited:
We are luckier than lucky.......buddy passes for business class round trip Louisville International to London, Gatwick $549.........our daughter lived in the Cambridge area...........we took one hop over and back in four days.........the longest trip was almost 6 months.......I only had about two days to get out of the country.....we figured that being so close to Europe.......it would have been silly to not poke around a little......Scotland, Belgium and France are so close......The Euro Train can get to Paris Gare De Nord from London Saint Pancras in a couple of hours....from Ely a overnight trip to Scotland........is easy peasy.....we were just a bit over a mile to the Ely Train Station......we became known to the ticket people at Ely train station.......I guess I probably don't remember every where we visited in England......a lot of places in the Paris area and a friend in Brussels showed us around some there........a lot of sights for a boy from the Portland neighborhood in Louisville.....
Very lucky. I flew round-trip 4x from US to Germany between 2010 and 2013. Condor cost only $780 in 2010, and I stayed two months, but those 3 round-trips on United cost $1200-1400 ea during 2012 and 2013. Great side benefit: earned enough air miles on United for free round-trip between ATX and Knoxville, which I flew in 2013.

Bob and James... (I do not remember ever seeing this. It is about 3:50 in length.) Very enjoyable...

Oh, I pray this day is a day that gives you joy to be a part of in being a light to someone in darkness. God Bless you all...

Good Monday morning

Currently 72° and partly cloudy. We had a nice loud and hard thunderstorm last evening and sit outside and enjoyed the fireworks. That is until it got to close so we came back inside. Don't mess with lightning. We have a 42% chance of rain this afternoon and our high will hit 87°. Summer will be here in two weeks.

I trust all have a great day and are in good health. Jeremiah 2. The apostasy of Israel.

-lighting6-25-14cocoabeach5.jpg20140630.jpg

Good Monday morning

Currently 72° and partly cloudy. We had a nice loud and hard thunderstorm last evening and sit outside and enjoyed the fireworks. That is until it got to close so we came back inside. Don't mess with lightning. We have a 42% chance of rain this afternoon and our high will hit 87°. Summer will be here in two weeks.

I trust all have a great day and are in good health.

-lighting6-25-14cocoabeach5.jpg20140630.jpg
SC, I think I have ask before, but what kind of trees are those?

SC, I think I have ask before, but what kind of trees are those?
Sabal palms. This is Florida's state tree. I have 32 in my yard and it is a job to keep them trimmed. They thrive in sandy soil and are salt tolerant so you will see them next to the coast and in marshes. Another name for them is the cabbage palm. They are edible and the source of Swamp Cabbage. Swamp cabbage was a favorite of the Seminole and old pioneers. You can buy it in stores as "Heart of Palms". It makes a nice salad.

Here is a video of making it. I watched my grandpa do this a 100 times

Morning all. May have some rain today....sounds like it's all over the place....OK, TX, KY....

Always thought the Condor was much more expensive than others.

Y'all have a good day.
Condor is budget option over Lufthansa.

Back in 2010, I flew out of Fort Lauderdale direct into Frankfurt. Arrived about 3 pm Central European Time that day.

Condor formerly flew into Austin twice a week for a few years, but stopped. Lufthansa flies here now out of Frankfurt. KLM starts service between ATX and Amsterdam next year.

Good morning D, I really enjoyed this past week with Mrs. M being on vacation, I hope our health holds up so she can retire and we can enjoy our retirement together! I guess that's what I get for marrying a LADY 10 years younger than me!!

Beautiful day here right now, Mrs. M says this is Florida weather this week, hot, humid and storms in the evening!!

Getting ready to go walk, but got to get rid of the coffee or I'll be back in a few minutes!!!!

We have a couple missing (AWOP) absent without permission, hope they are ok, OEC and Ybertfan! And of course Bev!

I hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!!!

I went detecting last Tuesday and was in a lot of thick stuff, didn't pay much attention about anything that got on me, but Wednesday we kept the granddaughter and the later it got the worse I felt, didn't go to church I felt so bad and began to think, I may need to go to Urgent Care, looked myself over real good but didn't see anything, I was thinking ticks. I felt a little better Thursday, but on my right side my right forearm, right shoulder and a place on the right side of my back, 3 places larger than a half dollar had become real red and itchy, it looks like they were spider bites, each one had two places in it!! This morning they are a lot smaller, but still has those little spots where it bit me.

Good morning D-League. Hope things are going well this weekend.

For those interested in reading and listening to some things about D-Day, here's some content I produced for AARP on the 75th anniversary a couple years ago, with the help of historian Alex Kershaw. It includes a few short video clips that are narrated by Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston reading letters of D-Day participants.

Sorry, I'll have nothing to do with AARP. Dim front organization that preys on the weak.

Sorry, I'll have nothing to do with AARP. Dim front organization that preys on the weak.
It's not for everybody, though 40 million people from a fairly broad perspective seem to find what they do useful. From my perspective they do a fair amount of good for older folks, of which I am one. But I'm not looking to use this forum for that debate. It was some content I thought people might enjoy so I linked it -- take it or leave it.

Has anybody seen a fairly recent estimate of how many WWII are left? I remember a number of years ago reading/hearing that we were losing X number of thousands per day (don't remember the number).
If my Dad was still alive he would be 98.
A google answer: For the sake of argument today (March 5, 2021) let us round off and say that 300,000 WWII vets are still living. That is approximately 1.8% of the 16 million.

I have one relative that fought in WWII that is still alive. He is 97.

Chante_Cigale_Cigala_Label.jpg

Harrier habitat
wah_Northern-Harrier-Peak600.jpg

Tool in hand

26th & Selvin St. 1st house I remember. 1954.
26th & Duncan.....1954....NE corner...... over my grand father's grocery store......my great grandma lived in the little house out back until the rent authority found out she was living for free and she either had to pay rent or move over to 13th and Hill to the "old folks" area.....what was the beginnings of the projects.....

Morning all. May have some rain today....sounds like it's all over the place....OK, TX, KY....

Always thought the Condor was much more expensive than others.

Y'all have a good day.
Ryan Air has hops from Stanstead to Amsterdam for $50 euro......standing only.....they have straps hanging down from the ceiling like a bus.......my daughter and a couple of friends went to the big tulip show in Amsterdam, toured a tulip farm and went back home the same day..........

Hello all,
I know some of you do auto restorations or at least I thought I remembered some of you did that. My BIL has a VW he is restoring. He has another one he shows. He told me that the killing of the trade shows (China Virus) messed up his part trading badly. If any of you know any way he can trade for parts or get parts let me know and I will pass it along to him. He lives in Radcliff... Thanks in any event...

Last edited:
Hello all,
I know some of you do auto restorations or at least I thought I remembered some of you did that. My BIL has a VW he is restoring. He has another one he shows. He told me that the killing of the trade shows (China Virus) messed up his part trading badly. If any of you know any way he can trade for parts or get parts let me know and I will pass it along to him. He lives in Radcliff... Thanks in any event...
I have had a number of classic cars over the years and always had good luck with Macs Antiques Auto Parts and also Hemming's Motor.

https://www.macsautoparts.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Ford_Macs_Brand&utm_term=mac ford parts&msclkid=9b493a6c50691b770f805ad22a4a3e65

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hemmings+motor+news&t=newext&atb=v1-1&ia=web

Classic auto shows continued during COVID down here and are very popular. We have a large number of Michigan retirees who worked in the auto plants and they are really good. Some beautiful cars come out of their garages.

One car I recently sold is my 50 Ford and I hated to do it but it was just too much with all of my health issues. Now that I am pretty much back 100% I might get back into it again.

I made a little video of my 50 Ford Flathead V8 engine. Most of the parts for this car and the engine came from Macs. This was the original engine and was 65 years old when I made this video. I had it restored from the frame up in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
IMHO.......they donate too much money to the liberals.....and that is all I have to say about them.........
Again, not looking to debate the issue. I agree that many policy positions at AARP are liberal -- much more so than I am.

But to clear up one misconception: The organization cannot and never has donated any money to a candidate or a political party. It would violate its tax status as a non-partisan, non-profit and all hell would break loose. Believe me, if Big Drug Companies -- one of AARP's biggest enemies -- could prove the place gave one dollar to the DNC, they'd file the largest lawsuit in history and use political puppets to attack its tax exempt status.Big Pharma hates the efforts by AARP to bring down drug prices.

So, I hope we can move on. I never intended to trigger a quarrel by posting some stuff about D-Day.

Sitting here watching Riverdance 1995 on YouTube. Haven''t seen it for years. Not into dancing at all but dang....those kids (young adults) can dance. None hardly ever miss a beat. And I love the Irish music.

Wonder why something that was such a huge hit suddenly disappeared? I know he (Michael Flatley) came back with another production a few years later...but then it went away as well.

Reminds of when I first moved to Georgia. Had never heard of, let alone saw clogging. Learned to love it...especially going to N. Georgia fairs/festivals in the mountains in the Fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT