ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good afternoon D, rainy ole day, 1.7 so far!

Got the granddaughter today, while mom, our daughter does some grocery shopping and house cleaning.

Have a great day D, Prayers!!!!
We have our two grand daughters for several days......Camp Granny........Camp Paw starts when the boys come......we don't have the patience for seven kids all at one time......we used to do it that way.......now we only have a couple kids stay at a time......Good times......we really don't see them that often and by having a couple kids stay at a time it is easier give undivided attention for a few days which is better for them.......having a gang around makes it hard to give everyone the attention they want.....

My oldest goes for her license Friday and I'm scared to death. It's not her driving I worry about, but other people's driving. Around here, they take their half of the road, but it's the middle half, leaving you with the edges.
I have taught all of our grandchildren to swim and those that are old enough......to drive.......my latest driving student was full of enthusiasm to back my truck out of the drive last week.......I don't know how much it will cost to get my tailgate repaired.....I was able to straighten out the mailbox......I have had him out driving a bunch of times in the Director's Ford Escape......this was his first.......and last try........in my 2017 that has almost 25K miles on it......I was commenting a couple of weeks ago that it hadn't received the first ding since I drove it off of the lot.......,so much for that.........

One war movie I don't think anyone has mentioned....The Longest Day. Big cast...but watching it now seems a little hokey. Maybe it's just me. It's one of YouTube's movies now. Watched it again just a few weeks ago.

Another one...Battle of the Bulge with Henry Fonda. Think I like it better.

I like them both. Recorded Battle of the Bulge and beside Henry Fonda, it has Robt Ryan, Robt Shaw, Dana Andrews and George Montgomery. Not quite the all-star cast of The Longest Day, but pretty good.

We have our two grand daughters for several days......Camp Granny........Camp Paw starts when the boys come......we don't have the patience for seven kids all at one time......we used to do it that way.......now we only have a couple kids stay at a time......Good times......we really don't see them that often and by having a couple kids stay at a time it is easier give undivided attention for a few days which is better for them.......having a gang around makes it hard to give everyone the attention they want.....

Just keep around a lot of Debbie Cakes, and freeze pops. Everything will be fine.

LN%204079b%20013011.jpg

I like them both. Recorded Battle of the Bulge and beside Henry Fonda, it has Robt Ryan, Robt Shaw, Dana Andrews and George Montgomery. Not quite the all-star cast of The Longest Day, but pretty good.
You know, I liked that movie a lot as a kid. I'd probably like it if I watched it today. But Dwight Eisenhower hated it. I guess he felt it overplayed the degree to which the Americans were surprised, though that's an historical fact. In any case, he actually came out of retirement in 1965 to hold a press conference describing the movie as BS...LOL. Like I say, I enjoyed it, historical innacuracies aside. I especially remember the scene with Robert Shaw firing up the doomed young Nazis to sing the Panzerlied...

One war movie I don't think anyone has mentioned....The Longest Day. Big cast...but watching it now seems a little hokey. Maybe it's just me. It's one of YouTube's movies now. Watched it again just a few weeks ago.

Most pre-70s war movies were pretty hokey. As were most Westerns.

Yeah, the Longest Day should be ranked in at least the top 10. like that opening title song too.

Speaking of baseball and a couple legends, here's Willie Mays shaking hands with Ty Cobb sometime during the 1950s. Too cool.

E2xEJfRWEAMs1ja
Speaking of Ty Cobb, this leaves me an opening to speak of my childhood sports hero. Ty Cobb once said that Stan Musial was the closest thing to a perfect baseball player he had ever seen.
BTW despite his reputation, in his later years, Cobb was a very nice person, often helping down on their luck former players. He had invested his money wisely and was a very wealthy man. He had invested in Coca Cola and GM on the ground floor.

Hello all,

Just returned from our trip to Radcliff. Good things happened, I will post more and some picks tomorrow. Sure wish we could have met each other.

May your rest this night bring you a renewed spirit to where you impact everyone's day you come in contact with tomorrow for the better.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F and clear. Another round of storms and showers moving our way shortly. Today's high may reach 82°F.

Saw on local news just now about beef prices changing daily due to the hack last week. Now seems like a great time for work in cybersecurity ..... until your own organization gets hacked.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

img_7526.jpg

Good morning,
All can expect one crisis after another until they are stopped since it has been found out how to create a national crisis now. Oil, building materials, Beef, what is the next one. Oh and there WILL be the "next one". What else do Americans like the most... Take your pick...

Oh I do pray God intervenes again in this attempt to destroy this country. Stay vigilant and stay on your knees praying as much as possible. God Bless you and your families.

Good morning D-League. Heading out to battle the swarming cicadas. I thought they were nearing their end here, but more and more keep joining the party.
Otherwise, just plowing through a lot of work.
One more movie to add to the list: Black Hawk Down. Having been in Mogadishu for a few months the a short time before those events happened, I thought they did a pretty good job capturing the place, with one exception: Too many of the "Somalis" were built like NFL linebackers. THe real Somalis were, without exception, built like No. 2 pencils.
I hope its a calm day for everyone.

Last edited:
Good morning D-League. Heading out to battle the swarming cicadas. I thought they were nearing their end here, but more and more keep joining the party.
Otherwise, just plowing through a lot of work.

One more movie to add to the list: Black Hawk Down. Having been in Mogadishu for a few months the a short time before those events happened, I thought they did a pretty good job capturing the place, with one exception: Too many of the "Somalis" were built like NFL linebackers. THe real Somalis were, without exception, built like No. 2 pencils.
I hope its a calm day for everyone.
Yes we have no cicadas, we have no cicadas today.

Here in Elgin OK we don't have any. We have a few each year (those not on the regular 17 year plan) but, none this year. Man, I wanted me some for my fishing bait.

Good morning D, still dreary day here, but the rest of the week looks good!!!

Keeping the granddaughter was a delight yesterday!!! I have told the D she is autistic, but she is so smart!!! We are working with sign language with her, One funny thing, her dad taught her to sign daddy is beautiful, so her teacher taught her to sign stinky daddy!!!!! We kept her for over 6 hours yesterday, not a whimper from her. She does not like to eat hardly anything but McDonalds, but she loves Mrs. M grilled cheese and when she wants one she gets in a certain chair to let us know that she wants her grilled cheese!!!

Read 62&63 this morning.

I hope the D has a great day and always Prayers for the D!!!!

Had a real good time visiting the SIL and BIL... Sure glad the SIL is doing well. We thought we were going to lose her.
BOB (Big Ole Boy) was a blast to have with us and he sure got along well with his second Grandma and Grandpa.
I DO wish I could have met up with many of you though. It is a shame. My BIL and I had some serious time together and we understand a lot better where we were during our time estranged from each other. (Won't go into further details but this time together was needed. For posterity if anything else. I am thankful.)
The guy is a wizard in many areas. He gave me several items I was shocked to receive...
195683309_4541221802558031_2126798200072159647_n.jpg

He buys his ammo in bulk and gave me these and a couple boxes of .380 shells. (I'd have shared had we been able to meet up.)
At a cross roads...
193173968_4541225785890966_8232238305782249933_n.jpg

My youngest was born at Hardin Memorial and now it is named Baptist Health...
193531894_4541226352557576_2677657567925942934_n.jpg

Stopped at a military memorial that was built since we lived there... (I didn't think to take a picture when my BIL showed me the replica of the Wall from the Vietnam war memorial...)
197019437_4541226525890892_6490724952738359966_n.jpg

E'Town has sure grown a lot since we were there and it seems for the better. (Just a visual as our time was so short.)
My Darling was sure impressed again with the home sites there and the amenities the place was lacking from our time there. My grandson ran every inch a few times of my BIL's and SIL's approximately three acre lot. I have tons of video running after that boy. Just laughing and laughing...

(Edit: My youngest wasn't with us, just her son but when her cousin told her what nurses were making there and also as she was born there she was ready to move...)
193361929_4541335589213319_448724985922275094_n.jpg

My darling and daughter have the itch to move back but I will give them time to cool down and see how they feel then.
God Bless you all...

Last edited:
Yes we have no cicadas, we have no cicadas today.

Here in Elgin OK we don't have any. We have a few each year (those not on the regular 17 year plan) but, none this year. Man, I wanted me some for my fishing bait.
The FDA put out a warning yesterday about not eating cicadas if you were allergic to shellfish. That shouldn't be a problem for most.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 65° and rainy, with thunderstorms and a high of 74° expected later today.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

Jefferson-Cherry-Blossom.jpg
One of America's beautiful walkways -- around the title basin, especially when the Cherry Trees are blossoming. But really any time. When I start doing my walks around DC again instead of out in the Maryland burbs, I suspect some scenes I've taken for granted will seem fresh to me, like this one.

Good morning D League

My devotions this morning included Isaiah 62 & 63. Isaiah is one of my favorite books of the Bible.

It is currently 78° with a 25% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. Our high will be 84° this afternoon. Last night we got a hard rain with thunder and lightning which is a normal summer weather pattern for us. We need all of the rain we can get.

Yesterday I had my one year post operative doctor's visit for my spinal surgery. All was well and x-rays were very good. If I had it to do over again, I would do it 1,000 times. The doctor is brilliant. I will go back in a year for x-rays which is normal for this type of surgery. I can do anything my body allows me to now so I consider that a blessing. I could not do that a year ago.

Trust all are well and God's blessings to all.

Wild Cracker horses attack gator at Payne's Prairie . Don't mess with a wild horse Mr Gator

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT