ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning Legionnaires!

Played 2 games last night and I thought it was going to be a bad hitting night as I started out 0-2 with both being popups. But, I settled in and went 4-4 on the next 4 at bats going 4-6 for the night. We won both and currently sit at 3-1. I took extra bases last night getting thrown out at 3rd the first time and being called safe at 3rd with a Pete Rose slide the next time. My team was laughing at the old guy hustle saying, " What are you trying to do out there old man? Show us up?" Since we have 2 pitchers we alternate games normally but alternate positions if we only have 10 players there. Last night we had just enough so, I caught the first game and pitched the second. In the first game there was a quick foul ball short over my head to the rear. I spun around and dove trying to catch it and wound up facing the bleachers and standing at the scores table was an old Drill Sergeant buddy of mine I have not seen in a bit shaking his head laughing saying, "Some one told me you were still out here and I have to come see for myself." Good night overall as I finished my Bindings (German beer) after the games and will now drink the Warsteiners the next time around.

Fishing on the agenda after a short workout today so...fishing report to follow today. If it don't rain.

Last edited:
Rainy morning here in the Buckeye State which is supposed to continue for the day...but at least its warmed up. No more 40s and 50s.
So...nothing on the agenda today. May do some running and pick up a few things that I've been putting off.

Y'all have a good day.

Rainy morning here in the Buckeye State which is supposed to continue for the day...but at least its warmed up. No more 40s and 50s.
So...nothing on the agenda today. May do some running and pick up a few things that I've been putting off.

Y'all have a good day.
Send us some rain.

We need it bad . I see there is a 60% chance of thunderstorms tonight. Our weather is the same as it has been for weeks. 60's at night and mid 80's during the day with lots of sunshine. The tourist like a vacation without rain but locals need some liquid sunshine.

Nine turkeys came through my back yard this morning. In single file. That is a regular occurrence. Better turkey than deer. Deer are destructive.

Read Isaiah 60 this morning, let your light shine.

Castillo de San Marcos National Monument Saint Augustine, If you have not been to America's oldest city it would be worth your time. Lots of history in that little town.

Trust all have a great day.

castillo_west_aerial_5x3_0.jpg

191555759_4401714289849753_6674257300772170049_n.jpg

Last edited:
Send us some rain.

We need it bad . I see there is a 60% chance of thunderstorms tonight. Our weather is the same as it has been for weeks. 60's at night and mid 80's during the day with lots of sunshine. The tourist like a vacation without rain but locals need some liquid sunshine.

Nine turkeys came through my back yard this morning. In single file. That is a regular occurrence. Better turkey than deer. Deer are destructive.

Read Isaiah 60 this morning, let your light shine.

Castillo de San Marcos National Monument Saint Augustine, If you have not been to America's oldest city it would be worth your time. Lots of history in that little town.

Trust all have a great day.

191555759_4401714289849753_6674257300772170049_n.jpg
Read 60&61 ahead of you now. Is some of it what HEAVEN will be like?

Have secretly and quietly joined your group 😉
Instead of 'group' I was going to use the term 'cabal'. Looked up the word to make sure I had the spelling right (I did) and I found this on Mirriam-Webster. The left wing/lib/dem infestation is everywhere.....

Recent Examples on the Web: Noun Mentions of Byzantium are scattered across message boards frequented by both white supremacists and QAnon enthusiasts – who spout conspiracy theories about a deep-state cabal of Satan-worshipping, blood-drinking pedophiles running the world. Roland Betancourt, The Conversation, "Why white supremacists and QAnon enthusiasts are obsessed – but very wrong – about the Byzantine Empire," 4 Mar. 2021
QAnon followers believe that President Trump is leading against a cabal of Democrats, billionaires and celebrities engaged in child trafficking.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and partly cloudy. Calm. Increased chances for showers begin around noon. Today's high could top out around 83°F. We'll take it.

Found out yesterday some lady crashed into my daughter as she sat at a stop sign. Daughter okay, but her car is not. Lady's insurance should repair the damage. Stay tuned.

Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

0602-NATIONAL-ROTISSERIE-CHICKEN-DAY.png
Doesn't she still have to pay a deductible? The Director likes to give the body and repair shop a test about ever 18 months or so.......we have more in body and fender work than we do the car......I would be rich if she didn't keep us in the insurance pool........Bill Estecorn's in Buechel sends her a fruit basket every Christmas.......something about her being a loyal customer......

Doesn't she still have to pay a deductible? The Director likes to give the body and repair shop a test about ever 18 months or so.......we have more in body and fender work than we do the car......I would be rich if she didn't keep us in the insurance pool........Bill Estecorn's in Buechel sends her a fruit basket every Christmas.......something about her being a loyal customer......
Yeah, she may have to pay a deductible, I'm unsure. My daughter's first wreck ever. Other driver's insurance company might also total the car.

Thanks, I am going to read 61 now. The older I get the more heaven is on my mind

Meanwhile in Jacksonville

Gator sayin "Do my eyes deceive me? Is that Tim Tebow out there at Jacksonville OTAs?"

"Sign my SCALES! TIM Tebow!"

"Do whatever you want with me... make me into boots, I don't cay-ah"

Last edited:
They will blame it on some one else but, doesn't Joe and the left want us to eat less beef and meat? Just saying.

Let's make a quick list...

- can't cut down trees for any reason (unless there's a TP and/or mask shortage)
- can't use fossil fuels for any reason (unless other systems fail and we can't play video games online)
- can't do nuclear energy for any reason (within 5 years of a nuclear plant or waste storage facility systems failure anyway otherwise it's fine)
- can't eat animals for any reason (unless we're starving or live near abject poverty in some other country)
- religion is bad for any reason (unless you're hindu, muslim, jewish, or pagan, wiccan, buddhist, or blue-skinned and worship trees)
- genders are evil for any reason (unless you're talking about the first woman VP or sexual preference)
- being non-heterosexual is not a lifestyle choice for any reason (except when we decide to try something different than what we were born to desire...)
- corporations are evil for any reason (unless they are bribing our candidate, donating to our causes, broadcasting our propaganda, bailing out our criminals/rioters, or making their products in a country that hates women, gays, and other minorities)
- lying, misogyny, adultery, murder, and abuse are all bad for any reason (unless it comes from or is done by a democrat, union leader, left-leaning .org leader, left-leaning journalists, left-leaning corporate officer, left-leaning judge/politician, a left-leaning actor or actress, or China)

Feel free to add to the list...

Last edited:
It is a rainy 64.2°F. We have received 1.84" of rain so far. We can sure use it.

On war movies, a few more come to mind:

Windtalkers
We were Soldiers
Valkyrie
Tora, Tora, Tora
Dirty Dozen
Bridge over the River Kwai
Farewell to the King

Tora Tora tora was the name I couldn't remember! Kept thinkin... "Can't be torah cause it's not Jewish" lol

Deductible should be paid by whomever is at fault, unless you're in Illinois or some such. There are states where just being there gives you some liability for the accident, making you pay a deductible regardless

One war movie I don't think anyone has mentioned....The Longest Day. Big cast...but watching it now seems a little hokey. Maybe it's just me. It's one of YouTube's movies now. Watched it again just a few weeks ago.

Another one...Battle of the Bulge with Henry Fonda. Think I like it better.

I'll add my war movie list. Lot's of good ones mentioned already:

1. Midway-76
2. In Harm's Way- Duke and Kirk
3. Apocalypse Now
4. Patton
5. Where Eagles Dare-Clint
6. Force Ten from Navarone- Quint and Jaws
7. Inglorious Bastards
8. Platoon
9. Das Boot
10. Saving Private Ryan

Could probably do ten more just as good as these.

Yeah, she may have to pay a deductible, I'm unsure. My daughter's first wreck ever. Other driver's insurance company might also total the car.
My oldest goes for her license Friday and I'm scared to death. It's not her driving I worry about, but other people's driving. Around here, they take their half of the road, but it's the middle half, leaving you with the edges.

My oldest goes for her license Friday and I'm scared to death. It's not her driving I worry about, but other people's driving. Around here, they take their half of the road, but it's the middle half, leaving you with the edges.
When mine reached driving age, I told her to think about the dumbest person in her class. Then I told her to think about how many classes there have been with a person like that in the past. Then I told her that all those people are out on the road with her. Hopefully it did some good.

I'll add my war movie list. Lot's of good ones mentioned already:

1. Midway-76
2. In Harm's Way- Duke and Kirk
3. Apocalypse Now
4. Patton
5. Where Eagles Dare-Clint
6. Force Ten from Navarone- Quint and Jaws
7. Inglorious Bastards
8. Platoon
9. Das Boot
10. Saving Private Ryan

Could probably do ten more just as good as these.
Really good list.

My problem is that I can't make a good list because I don't know which ones I like the best as they are all different.

I left out Das Boot and it is really good. Apocalypse Now scares me.

Really good list.

My problem is that I can't make a good list because I don't know which ones I like the best as they are all different.

I left out Das Boot and it is really good. Apocalypse Now scares me.

There's an Apocalypse Now extended version with all kinds of scenes that were not in the original. I believe it has almost an hour of stuff not in the original.

On to a different theme. My old friend from High School that I see a couple times a week came by yesterday. This is what she brought Sherry and Bert.

195011452_4001647259950828_9023249850317442406_n.jpg
195428533_4001647179950836_1977040533676092613_n.jpg
195306604_4001647303284157_7402988137468459371_n.jpg
196049676_4001647309950823_8324887270011572826_n.jpg

Please note the weight of the cauliflower. 4 pounds. The onion was a disappointing 1/2 pound, I was hoping for more. The romaine is massive. Kentucky is productive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT