ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A major reason I retired last June from public service. It wasn't because I quit caring. I dealt with the truth and refused to negotiate my analysis or opinion with supportive facts.

Yes, model numbers of Bose equipment?
#416776 that is the smallest one.....I have two of them and a 20 and a 30......I can get them but will have to get a ladder out.....

There's a good movie about Rommel that is German made. Fairly new...maybe 5-8 years old.
Even though I hate trying to watch a movie with sub titles...that one I did.
If the film content is a language I know (German) or basically familiar (Spanish, Turkish), then sub-titles are not a problem. Love 'em because I usually learn something new about the language itself. I run into issues with Cyrillic (Russian, Slavic) Arabic and Asian (Chinese, Japanese) sub-titles and find them super annoying.

Enemy At The Gates is pretty good too.
Another good movie I had forgot about. Some other good movies:

Unbroken (based on true events)
Dunkirk (based on true events)
Hacksaw Ridge (based on true events)
Lone Survivor (based on true events)
The Grey Zone (based on true events)
Full Metal Jacket
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Unbroken is about the captivity of Louie Zamperini during WW2. He died a few months before the premier of the movie at age 97

Herr Pickett! Launch Der Blitzkreig!
Just replenished my stock of German beer in my frig today. Only had 2 Binding's left and I got my favorite this time. Two 6 packs of Warsteiners. Jeztz meinen favorit habe ich. Zum Volle! Just in time for the softball games. Yep, they said they will have the fields ready tonight so...Play Ball!

Whoever we consult with to prepare these online seminars is waaaaay ahead of the "Diversity Matters" curve...The only time a white guy named "Bill" or "Jim" pops up is as someone who screwed up and got the company sued, or in the "Sexual Harassment in the Workplace" seminar, saying inappropriate things to all the gals named Juanita, Keisha and Rashida
I wonder what happens when they use the name Nikita as the woman who was harassed. Oh well, it is a name that can be used for both sexes I guess.

"Hey Nikita is it cold
In your little corner of the world.
You can roll around the globe
and never find a warmer soul to know.

Another good movie I had forgot about. Some other good movies:

Unbroken (based on true events)
Dunkirk (based on true events)
Hacksaw Ridge (based on true events)
Lone Survivor (based on true events)
The Grey Zone (based on true events)
Full Metal Jacket
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Unbroken is about the captivity of Louie Zamperini during WW2. He died a few months before the premier of the movie at age 97
Stalag 17 for pure entertainment value. " Are ve gut little Nazi's? Ja ve are gut little Nazi's"

Just replenished my stock of German beer in my frig today. Only had 2 Binding's left and I got my favorite this time. Two 6 packs of Warsteiners. Jeztz meinen favorit habe ich. Zum Volle! Just in time for the softball games. Yep, they said they will have the fields ready tonight so...Play Ball!
In my younger days, I played for a team sponsored by a bar. The first few drinks were free after a win. We went undefeated that year. Nothing like a little motivation!

Now the rest of the story.

So yesterday after the tire exploded and dumb came out and told dumber (wig man) yea it's flat, dumb came out and worked around the truck for about 45 minutes, then dumber (wig man) comes out, minus the wig and after about 2 hours they have the flat fix. Then another car drives up another crackhead lady gets out and just starts ranting and raving at both of them. after a few minutes of listen to her scream and holler, the guy goes back in and puts that stupid wig back on and stands there listening to her some more. Then they get in the truck and drives away. What a comedy!!!!!

I had the same problem a couple of times.......I thought it was the varmints.......it was cut worms.......sprinkle a tablespoon of corn meal around them.......the cut worms eat the corn meal and it cuts up their digestive system......I actually thought it was the starlings that were eating my plants..........gardening = different problems every season..........my buddy started gardening last year.......he says he learned what the problems were with gardening last year.......I tried to explain to him that it is usually different problems every year.....
In 12 years he might know good bit. Still learnin myself

Afternoon D, lazy day, Mrs. M on vacation and just a rainy old day. We did go to that farm to look at it, got a guided tour of it, it has been in his family since 1860!

Do The Tuskegee Airmen count in yawls list? Asking for a friend!

Yawl have a great rest of the day and Prayers!
Which list? Of course Tuskegee Airmen should count on everyone's honor list(s).

Last edited:
One reason I'm not sure that it's cut worms, and why I think it's some type of varmit, is that the plant is totally gone the next morning. There in the afternoon....totally clipped off at the ground and gone the next morning.
Don't know much about cut worms, but do they devour a plant that quickly?
Regardless I'll do the corn meal today. Couldn't hurt.
Also going to sprinkle baby powder on the plants. Was told that keeps rabbits out.
Thanks.
I don't know how it might help with rabbits or cutworms, but we use powdered lime dusted onto our plants to battle bugs. Japanese beetles, worms, flies. Seems to work on the latter but is deadly for the beetles.

Never heard of anything that eats tomato plants whole though. That's pretty weird. Cicadas eat those?

Rick Pitino's introductory press conference 32 years ago yesterday. Has it been that long?

E2wMfAPXIAEdTMy
Babyface... CM doesn't look like he trusts a word that cones out of RPs mouth

Something (a varmit) ate the ones I planted last week/week before. chopped off right down to the ground.
My 1st thought "voles" Small short-tailed rodents very shy about eating in public for fear of being eaten. Cut at ground level then scurry back to hole with entire plant. Like plant thickets and often causing undetected plant damage forging on roots out of sight below ground.
original.jpeg

Last edited:
Favorite war movies... so many I have enjoyed and will watch if on, and they never seem to be on when/if I'm watching these days.

Midway (76) will always be a favorite
Platoon (though I've only watched it a couple times and won't likely watch it again)
Guns of Navarone (sp)
Great Escape

I don't know if that's the right order, but a lot of that has to do with my age at the time I first saw them.

I loved Rat Patrol back in the day, Hogans Heroes, MASH back then but wouldn't watch 15min of it now. I like historic based stuff if there's any semblance of consistency to it and they leave the soap opera stuff out of it.

I don't get to watch war stuff as entertainment much anymore. My wife gets annoyed because I will go back to my books for the next days or weeks afterward to read about what I just watched a dramatization of on tv. She watches them with me. In fact she's watched several things with me a number of times.

One thing she got me to watch, wouldn't at first because of the "love blah blah blah" and stuff, is TURN. TV series. Was entertaining if not basted in some modern rewrites of characters because every show has to have modern propaganda in it.

I loved Rat Patrol back in the day, Hogans Heroes, MASH back then but wouldn't watch 15min of it now.
I've got Rat Patrol on now. On Pluto....on their Classic TV Drama channel.
Never liked MASH at all and never watched. Never saw the attraction even though it was a hit.
Liked Hogan back in the day....on at nights on ME-TV but I never watch.

Which will be cheaper....a steak or plywood?

The evening news talked about higher food prices, and higher restaurant prices. I told the Mrs. that it just goes along with double the price on gas since last year. I hope all the folks that voted the wrong way this past November are enjoying what they are seeing, and it will get lots worse before it gets better. Printing all the give-away money has its impact in higher prices. Inflation at its finest.

In 12 years he might know good bit. Still learnin myself
This year will be my 44th garden.......there are still revelations every season........one thing I have learned.......plant at least twice what you think you will need......especially if you are canning and preserving............I prefer to have plenty to give away.......than to not have enough to last two years......I would starve if I had to go to a store and buy canned vegetables..........crap makes me gag.........also I won't be paying $1.50 a can for it.......my saying is....."we might get tired of green beans but we won't starve"..............

I don't know how it might help with rabbits or cutworms, but we use powdered lime dusted onto our plants to battle bugs. Japanese beetles, worms, flies. Seems to work on the latter but is deadly for the beetles.

Never heard of anything that eats tomato plants whole though. That's pretty weird. Cicadas eat those?
Starlings will pick them if they are nest building.....they are deadly on marigolds also.......we plant the marigolds around in the garden for insect control......basil between the tomato plants to make them sweeter and to draw bees.......I will have to try the powered lime dust.......I keep lime dust around to throw under the rabbit cages........

My 1st thought "voles" Small short-tailed rodents very shy about eating in public for fear of being eaten. Cut at ground level then scurry back to hole with entire plant. Like plant thickets and often causing undetected plant damage forging on roots out of sight below ground.
original.jpeg
Those buggers ruined a sweet potato patch and then another year demolished a RattleSnake wartermelon patch.......I promise it would have weighed in the 40-45 lb range........little buggers ate right into almost every watermelon I had......you have to leave them on the vine till they are at least close to being ripe......

I've got Rat Patrol on now. On Pluto....on their Classic TV Drama channel.
Never liked MASH at all and never watched. Never saw the attraction even though it was a hit.
Liked Hogan back in the day....on at nights on ME-TV but I never watch.

I really liked the interaction of radar and the first colonel at the camp. Other than that, I don't know or remember why I watched it.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and partly cloudy. Calm. Increased chances for showers begin around noon. Today's high could top out around 83°F. We'll take it.

Found out yesterday some lady crashed into my daughter as she sat at a stop sign. Daughter okay, but her car is not. Lady's insurance should repair the damage. Stay tuned.

Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

0602-NATIONAL-ROTISSERIE-CHICKEN-DAY.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT