ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Bar clamps will be perfect for the piece........the joints will only fit as good as they are cut........are you going to stain that oak or is it going to be natural? Darn nice looking glass work also......When I make a window sash....I like to cut my dado for the glass about 1/8" deep.....then I take little pcs of rubber and use it as spacers between the glass and the frame.........and I don't even remember who showed me this.....but it makes for a great fit without creating wood to glass pressure.....
Thanks awf, I designed this piece for my twisted sister, it went inside one of her cabinet doors. After she divorce the A$$HOLE we went to the house and took them back out. I stored them away for her, then forgot all about them. She called me one day and ask about them, then she ask if I could put this one in a frame for her. As for staining it, that is up to her, I like stain but we'll see what se wants. I bought the wood from one of the companies I deal with, but there is another company, Northern Hard Woods that has special made wood for glass too!

Will be leaving soon to go get my brisket from Billy Sims. Wife came home from work at 1400 and we had to go pick up the big girl form the vet. They operated today to remove outer cancerous growth and removed an inner lump that was there to. She has a very big scar on her stomach and is uncomfortable but dealing. We have to watch her for at least the next 7 days to ensure she does not lick or scratch the area plus, keep the other 3 dogs off of her. Hard with the 6 1/2 year old puppy. She just wants to be in and around everything.

Good morning D-League - Needed to get an early start on the work day.

I hope everyone is looking forward to the long weekend.

We'll make our way over to Arlington Cemetery at some point. Because of COVID, and that these things take a while, we haven't seen the plaque at the spot where my father-in-law's cremated remains are entombed. His widow went last weekend and took a photo.

According to her, he actually made corporal, but got in a brawl with some sailors and was busted back to PFC, which remained his official rank. I can believe it.
This linked Irish Catholic family I assume?

You're a pro.... 😅 An honor to interact with you!

Oh, May God be God to you, he is God but some cannot fathom his deity. May you always come to the realization that God is God but he values you so much that he gave his son that you may live and live eternally with him. Choose wisely. God Bless you all...
I learned to read and had 1 Book. The Bible
Then Book of Science, Book of Knowledge
A Dictionary Student Handbook
Field guides for everything.
Hunting, fishing, and sports left no time for Jesus. Then a long-time 6 yr bestest of friend told 12 yr old me if I didn't come to church Sunday, I'd better not come to school Monday because they had a game Tuesday night and had lost 4 straight. I had 4 singles he had 4 home runs and we won 8-7. I was the big winner as within 6 months was saved and baptized the following Easter and biology didn't change at all. It still took 250 years to grow a 250 year old tree. I was still addicted to eating carbon-based life forms. Had interesting discussions and my first experience being canceled. I became an evil 13 year old threat.
Have a nice visit to Arlington Cemetery. If by chance you get close to the grave of my mother's first cousin, please do me a favor and leave a penny on his headstone.

Bill, Jr was a West Point grad in the class of 1944 and was sent to Normandy. He never got out of Normandy alive. Notice the error on his tombstone. WWI. He died in Normandy on July 5, 1944. World War II. The 83rd Infantry saw some heavy fighting in Europe.

Thanks

enhance
He was given a Silver Star for Gallantry Appendix No.2 Page 6 of linked *.pdf 2nd Lt.

1510777923964.jpg

Of course I believe you brother... Darn that's a chunk...
54d6476fca6d22b6479e65ff766361f5.jpg

My brother and I were talking about this very thing a few weeks ago.
There were desert grasslands that when over grazed were replaced with thorn scrub as the poor soils got washed away. The Cattle -Elk-Deer forage equation for basic forest management approximately 1 AUM (animal unit month) for a steer equates to ≈2 bison/elk to ≈5 deer. So you're likely correct. The value of the wildlife higher in western mountain fire climax plant communities. You rarely see people taking pictures of the cattle. Still people love the romantic illusion of the cowboy. Mountain boys and rodeos draw decent crowds to see local fire fighting heroes (hot shots) take on the pro bull riders.
ykarpgl-700x.gif

Last edited:
A question for all you smart guys. if I may? Jan has a CanonIPF6450 inkjet printer that she hooks up to a computer and prints on lamp shade material. I barely know how to make a post, so I'm clueless. She has a fair knowledge about computers, but had no schooling on it, so it's just what she picks up by trial and error. Anyhow, hard drives on the computers keep going out. She bought a new HP at Costco about 6 months ago and now the hard drive went out. That's 4 in the last 2 or 3 years. Is this common for printers? Any ideas?

A question for all you smart guys. if I may? Jan has a CanonIPF6450 inkjet printer that she hooks up to a computer and prints on lamp shade material. I barely know how to make a post, so I'm clueless. She has a fair knowledge about computers, but had no schooling on it, so it's just what she picks up by trial and error. Anyhow, hard drives on the computers keep going out. She bought a new HP at Costco about 6 months ago and now the hard drive went out. That's 4 in the last 2 or 3 years. Is this common for printers? Any ideas?
The printer, it seems, makes the hard drive in the computer go out?

Who 'rates' movies on these streaming platforms? The rating like G, R, etc?
Here's one for @BBUK , and I've noticed this before....clicked on an old John Wayne a little while ago for some background noise while doing something else, in that I've seen this movie many times. Rio Grande. 1950.
Was rated a 13+ for violence (OK), foul language and drug usage. What a joke! I assume the 'drug usage' is for smoking and 'foul language' is for calling an Indian a redskin or the like.
Yet these same people (lib Hollywood/high tech) think there's more than __(put in a number) genders, grass/hard drugs is OK, and movies full of F-bombs is OK.

Thanks awf, I designed this piece for my twisted sister, it went inside one of her cabinet doors. After she divorce the A$$HOLE we went to the house and took them back out. I stored them away for her, then forgot all about them. She called me one day and ask about them, then she ask if I could put this one in a frame for her. As for staining it, that is up to her, I like stain but we'll see what se wants. I bought the wood from one of the companies I deal with, but there is another company, Northern Hard Woods that has special made wood for glass too!
Cord you are an artist. You don't know it but you are.

Looked up that printer. Quite a printer. I wonder, based on a PDF that came up when I put in hard drive in the FAQ for this model (on it's product page for this model)....looks like the printer itself has a hard drive. And maybe that's what is going out? I could be all wet. @AustinTXCat probably know much more then me. Here's the PDF....

Will be leaving soon to go get my brisket from Billy Sims. Wife came home from work at 1400 and we had to go pick up the big girl form the vet. They operated today to remove outer cancerous growth and removed an inner lump that was there to. She has a very big scar on her stomach and is uncomfortable but dealing. We have to watch her for at least the next 7 days to ensure she does not lick or scratch the area plus, keep the other 3 dogs off of her. Hard with the 6 1/2 year old puppy. She just wants to be in and around everything.
Below is the picture of my girl and her cancerous skin tumor and then, the after picture with the big scar.

Looked up that printer. Quite a printer. I wonder, based on a PDF that came up when I put in hard drive in the FAQ for this model (on it's product page for this model)....looks like the printer itself has a hard drive. And maybe that's what is going out? I could be all wet. @AustinTXCat probably know much more then me. Here's the PDF....
Thanks, I'll show Jan, but the computer is definitely crashing.

She just said the printer works with a different computer.

My cousin shot two elk that field dressed out over 600 pounds and they were cows. In fact one week ago today I cooked a four pound roast.

I am a proud Kentuckian and I will defend her loudly.
Does Kentucky still have a lottery, or something like that, for elk hunting? One of my nephews is a big hunter. Goes to Maine and Alaska for moose hunting and every year for at least 20 years he's gone to Idaho (or maybe Utah, but I think Idaho) elk hunting. Seems he looked into elk hunting in Ky at one time and it was some type lottery with few permits. I think that was a number of years ago....so maybe it's changed?

Good luck.
Yeah, the other three are investigating the wound but, we have to keep them away too. They don't understand that, especially the puppy because she plays with the puppy a lot outside and when we went out the puppy tried and we had to stop her. She was obviously confused and unhappy.

Last edited:
Does Kentucky still have a lottery, or something like that, for elk hunting? One of my nephews is a big hunter. Goes to Maine and Alaska for moose hunting and every year for at least 20 years he's gone to Idaho (or maybe Utah, but I think Idaho) elk hunting. Seems he looked into elk hunting in Ky at one time and it was some type lottery with few permits. I think that was a number of years ago....so maybe it's changed?
Yes, you can look it up on the Kentucky Fish and Game site. My granddaughter got picked a few years ago, she didn't get any. It was the first time she put in!!!! My son-in-law has put in every year since it started and still hasn't got picked!!!! S-I-L

There is a show that is on Buried secrets of the BIBLE, they try to explain that things didn't happen like the BIBLE, but they can't!!!!
I love, how the years go by, that archeology (many of them very secular) keeps proving things that are in the Bible to be true that people for years/decades/centuries have said weren't true.

@berniecarbo....does the computer run Windows10? Just saw this article. Fairly recent. Never heard of a printer crashing a hard drive....possibly, according to this article, the computer's hard drive is OK but the system is crashing due to this bad update?

The printer and computer is at the shop. She will check it out tomorrow at work. Thanks for the trouble you've gone to.

The printer and computer is at the shop. She will check it out tomorrow at work. Thanks for the trouble you've gone to.
As Ohio Colonel has stated, it could be a conflict with Windows 10 or the printer USB port is overloaded on the computer.

As Ohio Colonel has stated, it could be a conflict with Windows 10 or the printer USB port is overloaded on the computer.

Thanks, as I said earlier, all this stuff is WAY above my pay grade. I'll pass it on to Jan.

My cousin shot two elk that field dressed out over 600 pounds and they were cows.

I am a proud Kentuckian and I will defend her loudly.
Elk make sense in environments without wolf predation. Wild but lazy. They turn into cows pretty easy if not chased around growing to 1000 lbs on grass with Kentucky productivity or not. Can trot like mule for 50 miles to escape predatory frenzied slaughter when free to be elk.

We also grow the largest elk in the country.
H9sfD0Q8_o.jpg
You're welcome. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Elk make sense in environments without wolf predation. Wild but lazy. They turn into cows pretty easy if not chased around growing to 1000 lbs on grass with Kentucky productivity or not. Can pace like mule for 50 miles to escape predatory frenzied slaughter when free to be elk.

H9sfD0Q8_o.jpg
You're welcome. Enjoy!

Yep, a lack of natural predators, and not having to migrate for food, turns them into much larger animals.

@berniecarbo....does the computer run Windows10? Just saw this article. Fairly recent. Never heard of a printer crashing a hard drive....possibly, according to this article, the computer's hard drive is OK but the system is crashing due to this bad update?

For troubleshooting, if computer crashes, examine connections. If she prints using USB cable, then disconnect USB cable. Find either a cheap router and connect CAT-5 cables between printer to router and computer to router OR connect a CAT-5 crossover cable between printer and computer. Going with a router between PC and printer is preferable to crossover cable. Bet you can locate a cheap used router at Goodwill for $10. Perhaps $40-50 for a new router.

As mentioned here previously, highly possible USB cables are the culprit.

For troubleshooting, if computer crashes, examine connections. If she prints using USB cable, then disconnect USB cable. Find either a cheap router and connect CAT-5 cables between printer to router and computer to router OR connect a CAT-5 crossover cable between printer and computer. Going with a router between PC and printer is preferable to crossover cable. Bet you can locate a cheap used router at Goodwill for $10. Perhaps $40-50 for a new router.

As mentioned here previously, highly possible USB cables are the culprit.
Thanks, I'll pass it on.

Thanks, I'll pass it on.
If the printer has burned through 4 hard drives in a few years, also closely examine your electrical connectivity. Might replace a power strip or two. Ensure printer is dust-free. Dust is an amazing conductor. I've seen circuit boards short because of dust buildup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT