ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This is for the carpenter D's, I have a stained glass panel that I have the frame already cut to put together, my problem is the panel has to slide into a groove, then has to be glued together. My question is, has any of the D ever used a strap clamp? I thought about just gluing each one then sliding the panel in before gluing the final piece on, just not sure about the last two angles fitting together. Your thoughts?

I'm not much help, as I always use bar clamps

This is for the carpenter D's, I have a stained glass panel that I have the frame already cut to put together, my problem is the panel has to slide into a groove, then has to be glued together. My question is, has any of the D ever used a strap clamp? I thought about just gluing each one then sliding the panel in before gluing the final piece on, just not sure about the last two angles fitting together. Your thoughts?
I've used them but like Girthang I've got more experience with bar clamps. But they do work good for odd angles, etc. If you're worried about the angles being right....just cut them and do a dry fit and see how everything aligns. And if needed you can take it apart trim your angles and dry fit again. Then glue when it all looks right/good.
Cut your lengths a bit long in case you have to 'shave' a little on an angle that won't fit properly. Like a barber it's easier to cut a little more than to put some back.

Was talking with my bro and we were discussing how inflation is running rampant. Have/had a little project to do...checked plywood....$60 a sheet! 😡 Started talking of other things and we wandered into talking about the Smokies. Pigeon Forge. Inflation still on our mind so while talking he looked up a couple prices. Dollywood $79 + tax......Dolly Parton Stampede (the old Dixie Stampede I assume) $60!
I was looking at condo's on the beach yesterday and they are about twice as high as I normally pay. I guess the folks are trying to make up for lost money from everything being shut down last year.

Was talking with my bro and we were discussing how inflation is running rampant. Have/had a little project to do...checked plywood....$60 a sheet! 😡 Started talking of other things and we wandered into talking about the Smokies. Pigeon Forge. Inflation still on our mind so while talking he looked up a couple prices. Dollywood $79 + tax......Dolly Parton Stampede (the old Dixie Stampede I assume) $60!
What is it about now? Since woke Dolly changed the name I assume it's not about the North vs South anymore because we all know the best way to not repeat the past is ignore it.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I got rice cooking in the microwave
I got a three day beard I don't plan to shave
It's a goofy thing but I just gotta say, hey,
I'm doing alright

Yeah I think I'll make me some home-made soup
I'm feeling pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced, no,
I'm just doing alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shining
When I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't every day be just this good

I was looking at condo's on the beach yesterday and they are about twice as high as I normally pay. I guess the folks are trying to make up for lost money from everything being shut down last year.
Heard on the radio the other day that for the time store brands (Kroger brand, etc) items market share had dropped last year. More and more people buying online for pickup/delivery and not comparing price as much...hence buying the 'name brand'. Said that the 'name brand' companies are therefore raising prices as much as then can since they feel no one is paying attention/comparing like days past.

Also @Creed Bratton, you had posted on the Zero Turn thread about the retired doc running off his property into the lake and dying. Told my bro about it (actually found an article online about it and sent it to him) since we have both spent so much time at Cumberland.....he was telling me about a guy he has coffee with most mornings whose brother did the same thing and died back in 2012. On the Monticello side of the lake I believe.

Last edited:
I've used them but like Girthang I've got more experience with bar clamps. But they do work good for odd angles, etc. If you're worried about the angles being right....just cut them and do a dry fit and see how everything aligns. And if needed you can take it apart trim your angles and dry fit again. Then glue when it all looks right/good.
Cut your lengths a bit long in case you have to 'shave' a little on an angle that won't fit properly. Like a barber it's easier to cut a little more than to put some back.
OC, I have already done a dry fit and they look good, may just have to go ahead and try the bar clamps. thanks

High Plains Drifter on AMC channel
eastwood.jpg

Well, so much for the weed & feed. In walking over to one of the sheds I heard on my headphones that it's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, so I'll put it off for another day. Grass is wet this morning...perfect time to spread it...but rain within a day or two just washes it off. So I'll have to find something else to do. Shouldn't be hard, I'll just look at my honey-do list she prepared for me .....
421-4217365_working-people-clipart-long-list-of-things-to.png
I did the weed/feed thing one spring.....grass looked great........I had to cut it every other day most of the summer until it got hot and dry..........a guy I played music with worked for a local lawn care.....he told me to hold the fertilizer off till the fall......that way most of the growth was in the root system and I wouldn't have to cut it so often........I still start using Tenacity as soon as the weeds start growing......(I wish my neighbors would)

Is there a way to shoot a small brad into the joints before you put the strap clamp on it? I have never used a strap clamp per se.........My uncle gave me some velcro straps that I used a couple of times....much like Mr. G above........I have bar clamps and use a lot of jigs with wedges for stuff like you are doing..........at least what I think you are doing......and I have used rubber inner tubes to strap things together.......

Good morning D-League. Beautiful day in the east after a wicked round of thunderstorms. If any of you Reds fans watched the game from Nats park, you saw those freaky black clouds.

Today is the day I'm officially sick of cicadas. Took a long walk today through some close set trees and the damn things were really agitated -- i guess its now or never on the mating front. They were flying into my hair and attaching to my clothes.

Bugs have always freaked me out. I can take snakes, lizards, rodents, even scorpions, which I've encountered quite a bit in my travels. But I'm most creeped out by bugs. I can't say why.

I hope you all have a great, cicada-free day.

Yeah but how are you on gizzards?

Oh, I do wish and pray you all God's mercy and forbearance. God's grace is sufficient... Trust in he who never fails. God Bless you all...

Good Thursday Morning D League

Enjoying a strong cup of coffee and just finished reading Isaiah 50. KJV

The weather is the same as yesterday and the day before that. It is 64° and the high will be in the mid 80's with no rain. I have a feeling once the rain starts it is going to come down in abundance.

Not much going on. I have a very important doctor's visit to go over my recent scans this afternoon. There will be lots of activities around here this weekend and I might squeeze in a trip down to the Florida National Cemetery in Sumter County to watch the Memorial Services. I don't have any family buried there but I do have some old friends of the family.

I trust your day is as full as the moon over Cross Creek

192086104_843508856586754_6549383701983789495_n.jpg

God Bless, heal, protect, and provide for you brother Sir, in Jesus' name!

Is there a way to shoot a small brad into the joints before you put the strap clamp on it? I have never used a strap clamp per se.........My uncle gave me some velcro straps that I used a couple of times....much like Mr. G above........I have bar clamps and use a lot of jigs with wedges for stuff like you are doing..........at least what I think you are doing......and I have used rubber inner tubes to strap things together.......
Bert is going to post a picture for me of what I am working on

Blast from the past for your late morning: Roger Miller and Willie Nelson, 1967.

E2QgqMlXIAgvch8
I was in Branson after Roger Miller died. Went to the Mel Tillis show. The whole second half of his show was a tribute to Roger and his musical (Big River I think it was called). Mel and Roger both were in Minnie Pearl's band and were best of friends. Mel had some interesting stories about it.

I'm asking (for a friend) if any of you might know who owns catspause now. Anyone know? Anyone?

I'm going to guess it's either Samsung or Google. Know how I know? Here's how...

I haven't clicked on, typed in, or searched for anything catspause related for years and years until this post right here, but it is ALWAYS freakin ALWAYS the first thing that pops up as a suggestion, complete with what I assume is still the catspause logo. Wth is that there for when 99.999999 million times out of 100million times I'm going to catsillustrated...?!?!

Why?!

Also @Creed Bratton, you had posted on the Zero Turn thread about the retired doc running off his property into the lake and dying. Told my bro about it (actually found an article online about it and sent it to him) since we have both spent so much time at Cumberland.....he was telling me about a guy he has coffee with most mornings whose brother did the same thing and died back in 2012. On the Monticello side of the lake I believe.
Probably easier, but BIL's Dad turned tractor over on himself & died. That's been 60 years ago.

Heard on the radio the other day that for the time store brands (Kroger brand, etc) items market share had dropped last year. More and more people buying online for pickup/delivery and not comparing price as much...hence buying the 'name brand'. Said that the 'name brand' companies are therefore raising prices as much as then can since they feel no one is paying attention/comparing like days past.

Yeah I think I remember that. That lake has taken a lot of lives over the last 70 years for one reason or another.

Buffett just bought a nice chuck of Kroger, like 2-3% more than he already had.

I am fishing . . . Friday.

Today is my 21st wedding anniversary. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.
Late to the party. Still happy for you both.
A sure sign summer is on the way. I like mine cold with a salt shaker nearby

safe_image.php

No. The salt shaker must be IN HAND! 😁 I love watermelon.
Bert's chasing birds again.
I will do the rain dance
b925e898a504502a15da4991527816d3.jpg

Yo Momma jokes...

Yo Momma is so ugly the whole world faked a virus just to have her wear a mask!

Yo momma is so ugly she walked into a haunted house and came out with a job application...
Pretty People Privilege you bunch of ugly mothers.
544764f9b9f1fc3ecd77bc79bc599eb4_w200.gif

You suckers lucky BKO keeps an eye on us.

I was in Branson after Roger Miller died. Went to the Mel Tillis show. The whole second half of his show was a tribute to Roger and his musical (Big River I think it was called). Mel and Roger both were in Minnie Pearl's band and were best of friends. Mel had some interesting stories about it.
Definitely a great artist. My dad met him back during the early 60s in Nashville along with Willis Wade, whom he worked with.

Really?

KR is -$2 / share since May 11. In fact, I'm strongly considering 100 shares if price drops any more.
Maybe it's down because my spending $$ with them is down... 😄
In the last few years they have become, like many corporations, woke to the extreme. Last Summer I probably got 3 emails from their CEO all about SJW crap. Their website has a bunch of it on there. So.....I'm spending more with others (Meijers up here....haven't seen one thing with them re: SJW).

I liked Roger Miller, he died much too young
When I was 14-15 yrs old my best friend's parents took us to the Grand Old Opry..........there was a big hotel called the King of the Road.....it was owned by Rodger Miller.......we stayed there for the weekend....... (edit)......it was on the north side of Nashville.......not too far off of I-65........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT